Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

YAY FOR ME!

Posted by Feh 
YAY FOR ME!
July 12, 2006
Well, I've learned a valuable life lesson that I'd like to share. In some parts of the country. like super farmer midwest drunken jesus land, becoming an unwed mother trumps; alcohol, dropping out of college, abortion, purple hair, hippy, green hair, goth, weirdo, liberal, and generally not "normal" behavior. YAY! SUCK IT REDNECKS!!! HAHAHA! At least freak-o, athiest, antigovernment Feh didn't get pregnant out of wedlock and keep it secret for 4 months because it was with a person of the "wrong color". And trust me, there are people who are the "wrong color" according to a certian limb of my family tree.

Ahhhh...I'm probably not the bad egg of the family any more...just pickled.
Re: YAY FOR ME!
July 12, 2006
Ha! I know all about being the black sheep, Feh. My Grandma always made me feel like I was a horrible girl even though I never smoked, drank, did drugs, slept around, NOTHING. And I got the best grades, too! Wasn't enough for her, obviously. She still makes me feel like shit whenever I see her - comparing me to my breederific cousins. All UNMARRIED, might I add. Fuck it - I don't even want to talk to her anymore.
Sherz
July 13, 2006
What is it with Grandmothers? I've never been good enough for mine either. She's always liked my brother better because he is male, and because he plays the piano. She used to give him $20 a week when we were kids to bribe him to continue piano lessons. I was involved in theatre, and she never came to see my plays. He favoritism was so obvious that my parents even got on her for it. She's 90 and I really don't have a relationship with her at all. My brother lives 4 hours from her and I only live 1 hour away. He's constantly trying to get me to go visit her and do things to take care of her. She was so distant with me as a child and teen that I really don't feel any attachment or obligation to her.
When I was a teenager she accused me of being a devil worshiper because of my taste in music and multicolored hair. I, too never drank, drugged, or slept around. I was just never good enough then, so I guess she pays for that now.
July 13, 2006
Medusa, you are better off without your grandmother. To look down on you while you got an education while the cousins became single moos by having out-of-wedlock children shows what your grandmother is like as a person. Misery enjoys company. It seems as if Granny and your cousins may have deep-seated resentments that you consciously escaped those babies and life in the County Home (Section 8 housing).
July 13, 2006
Another black sheep here too! My mom has said to me, "You're just so odd sometimes." Well fuck me! Just because I've chosen to learn things outside the realm of the little borough I was raised in, just because I'm in a field of work my mother could never comprehend, I'm divorced (first in my family), childfree, have chosen to follow my father's family's religion, am outspoken and strong willed, made choices mom would never have made, and I am just "different."

My brother on the other hand has always been her favorite. He gave her 2 grandsons, lives right next door and is always there to help. Mom rode me like there was no tomorrow about stuff while my brother had it easy.

I'm the horrible daughter who moved away, never wanted kids and got divorced. Have I mentioned that in 7 years, my mother who lives only 45 miles away has been to my house a whopping total of 9 times??? I'm always the one who has to haul my ass up there to visit. Not that I mind but it would be nice to have someone come visit me for a change.
sprogless
July 13, 2006
Another Black Sheep, right here. Both of my grandmothers were mean to me. They never let me forget that I was a bad seed. Before the age of ten, I was accused of theft, ruining my parents' marriage, and lowering the quality of life for my bro & sis. Everything was my fault one way or another. My folks used to send me to my Aunt's house every summer and while I liked my Aunt, Uncle and cousins, Grandma never passed up an opportunity to berate me in front of the whole family. Because she was old, nobody would say a word to her about it. The only person she never berated me in front of was my dad. He was the only one who ever stood up to her, and told her how things were going to be. When I was 12, she pushed me too far. She said that none of the other kids would play with me because I was trash, and they all knew it. I told her that if she hated me that much, then why didn't she just leave? She did. I've never really been forgiven for that, but I wasn't going to put up with her bullying anymore. Of course, she treated my bro & sis like gold. She was very generous with money, and used the things she'd buy for me as an excuse to treat me like crap- I was an ungrateful, selfish loser. I get satisfaction in knowing she'd roll over in her grave if she knew I'd dated black men, and married an Asian man.
July 13, 2006
am i the only white sheep in the flock.. i lost both grans when i was 16/17.. but they both liked me..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 13, 2006
I have one grandma left, the other (better) one passes away. The remaining one treats my family like crap.

lab mom
July 14, 2006
KFLL, Sherz, Feh, Water Lily, & Sprogless, I get so mad reading how your family members treated you all so badly. Grandmoos can be notorious for favouring certain grandbrats while treating the kindly grandkids badly. Sprogless, I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better after what you dealt with from that c*nt of a grandmother. Know that you are better than she ever was and the rest of the people she put above you. I commend you for standing up to her at such a young age. Most twelve-year-olds would have no idea of how to do this or would be too afraid of retaliation. {{HUGS}}
Sherz
July 14, 2006
Thanks for the support, India. My grandmother is just partial to the male children. Her own son was is her favorite child. My mom and dad used to do soooooo much for her, when they were living (like mowing, house repairs, rides to shop go to the doctor...). If my uncle, her son, would visit and change a lightbulb, she would go on and on about how helpful he was, but never made a big deal over my mother or dad's help. She's a huge religious fanatic. I wasn't exagerating when I said she thought I was possessed by the devil when I was a teen. She even dragged me to church and had the minister lay hands on me while the rest of the church was going nuts (speaking in tongues, and such!) to rid me of evil spirits. My only offense was listening to bands like Aerosmith and Kiss, and coloring my hair. I had never drank, smoked, done drugs, or had sex. I was also a very helpful and respectful child around the house. This experience really scared me. My mom had breast cancer at the time and I felt like my "evilness" had something to do with it. I should send her my therapy bills.
July 14, 2006
Sherz, that is why religion scares the hell out of me. This belief in a mythical devil leads a lot of "good religious people" to mistreat their children or other young relatives. I have found that the most "unusual" looking children tend to be the best behaved. Paulie or Paula Preppie tend to be the meanest kids or teens. I went to school in a neighbourhood with wealthier kids in Grade 8. Talk about a nasty bunch!
July 14, 2006
Oh, I should add here that my being the black sheep (okay at least I didn't go to prison, so maybe I'm more gray) never affected my relationships with my family members. I assume that if I hadn't become the way I am, I would certianly continue to have assorted younger relations foisted upon me for care during family events.

My grandmother loves me, because I'm very helpful, appreciative and never ask for anything. My uncles love me because I'm always down for getting drunk and talking shit. My aunts seem puzzled because I refuse to have children and express no desire to get married, have jewlery or a new car every couple years. My much younger cousins are appalled for the very same reasons.

For the most part I'm the black sheep because they've "given up" on me a long time ago. I think they finally stopped expecting me, the first member of the youngest generation, to live a "normal" life with husband, kids, house in the suburbs, SUV and a passion for Avon or Tupperware.
CFScorpio
July 14, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> am i the only white sheep in the flock.. i lost
> both grans when i was 16/17.. but they both liked
> me..

Me too. One of my grandmas is still alive and I'm her favorite grandchild. The other one died of Alzheimers when I was 20, but when she was able to recognize me, she always seemed happy to see me.

My family is far from perfect, but thank god no one gave me a hard time about getting married so late (age 39) and not having kids.

Nour
July 14, 2006
My great-grandma adored me. I was very quiet, made her macaroni and cheese and let her take care of my chihuahua (before she got too old; she died at 104) when I went to see my other grandma (her daughter) for a couple of days. She said Chico would sit in the window at night and softly howl because he missed me. I think she loved me because she could see how much my doggie missed me, and she loved that little dog!

Like you guys, I am the "odd one" in my family. Only my father has said he understands my CF decision. He encourages it! But no one in my family will challenge me on anything. I just don't take any shit. Maybe they are intimidated, I don't know. I never yell or show anger, I guess I am just "firm, but fair." I live 3,000 miles away from the family, and rarely see them. My dad and mom abused my brother and I.

My BF is considered the black sheep of his family. They are Catholic. He keeps visiting them in AZ. We live in CA. I went with him once. They are breeder yuppie scum from hell, and they don't treat him well, IMO. The youngest, his sister, they kiss her ass. The middle kid has given them a grandsprog and they love that.

BillyC
July 14, 2006
Yes sir, yes sir...three bags (well, bottles) full here too. I'm the black sheep of my family since I was snipped and did not impregnate my wife so she could shit out the pups. My brother thinks I'm not a 'real man' (that remark coming from the most diaper-whipped asshole in existence), my mother and father told me I don't have a real family (you mean like the antithesis of the Cleavers that we were, mom?) and my oldest sister thinks I need to apologize to God (and she's a fucking alcoholic who killed a married couple in a drunk driving accident). Just consider the source--my fucked-up family. I swear I was adopted, because I refuse to admit I have anything genetically in common with that DNA cesspool.
July 14, 2006
Thanks, India.

I must be odd, but dh and I haven't popped out any loaves. At least my parents support me. Dh's parents are wackos who think we both should pop out the kids right and left.
You can tell that it bugs them to NO end.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.