Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1663 Breeding Your Pet

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
1663 Breeding Your Pet
July 20, 2006
I think whoring out your pet for cash is a disgusting, self-serving way to earn money.

The arm chair breeders of the world are the reasons so many breeds are turning out litters of puppies afflicted with all of the "breed flaws" possible. They don't realize that just because your dog is AKC registered and Pedigreed, doesn't mean that it is breeding quality. 99% are pet quality. Plus all the inbreeding leading to horrible behavioral and temperament disorders.

Furthermore, it pisses me off to no end when I hear people talking about getting a dog then immediately start talking about a specific breed they want. They don't research the breed so they have no idea how it will act, exactly how big they get, how much exercise they need, etc. These are the same people who will buy a Great Dane then get rid of it because they "didn't realize these dogs got so big." Movies and TV shows featuring specific breeds of dogs don't help, either. Snow Dogs, Wishbone, Beethoven, etc.

Aside from this, there are MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of animals in shelters needing homes. But I guess when breeders are following the Life Script (TM), a mutt from the shelter doesn't fit the bill. Maybe written somewhere in the Life Script (TM) is a list of "acceptable" breeds of dogs?
Anonymous User
Re: 1663 Breeding Your Pet
July 20, 2006
There are PLENTY of purebred animals in shelters...in fact, there are rescue groups which focus on a particular breed. I know a woman who volunteers for Pug rescue, but there are other breed-specific groups out there as well. There are enough assholes who abandon pets of all stripes to go around, so there is no shortage.

I know what you mean about the movie/TV show thing. I remember when the live-action 101 Dalmations came out...every sprog wanted one of those cute little spotted pups. Too bad their dumb-assed parents didn't stop to realize that they grow quite large before buying a pup.

It's a good thing that it is illegal to own a pet owl, and therefore, no place to buy one. I rememebr when the first Harry Potter movie came out, a lot of kids wanted pet owls just like Harry and his friends, and some dumb-assed breeders were wondering if they could buy owls someplace. They actually had to do TV news stories and newspaper articles explaining why owls, in real life, are NOT good pets, and why it's illegal to keep them as such. Real owls are not as nice and well-trained as Hedwig, HP's owl. They WILL bite, and they have been known to eat animals, such as cats.

Buy the kid a stuffed animal, for DOG's sake!
July 20, 2006
Thank-you for your post, KFLL. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who is bothered about what this former co-worker/friend has done with her little dog. It is a self-serving and disgusting to whore out an animal to get that litter to make money. I don't know if I can feel friendship for this woman any longer after hearing last night how she is going to trade on the pups to pay off her new laptop from the lady who used her credit to get the thing. How is it any different than a pimp telling a woman to go out and f*ck to make him money...or a twitching infertile couple preying on a poorer woman to breed for them for maybe a $15,000 fee?
Sherz
July 20, 2006
I think this is wrong, too. I've always spayed and neutered my pets. 1. because it's responsible

2. because I couldn't financially take care of a large number of animals

3. because I couldn't bear to give up a litter of adorable puppies or kittens
Nour
July 20, 2006
Count me in. I can't get my mind around the fact that this woman even thought something of like this.
July 20, 2006
there was a story in the UK, about a breeder of dalmations, basically she had a puppy farm, and it was horrific, they turned the females into breeding machines, never letting them recover, and a lot died, but that was ok, as they sold the puppies, but kept some back to breed from, regardless of relationship.

the new craze out here is cross breeds, they can cost a lot of money.. a specific one, (cock a poos, are a poodle and a cocker spaniel cross and so on)..

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/NoPuppyMillsVA/Poo-dogs___Designer_Mutts/poo-dogs___designer_mutts.html

Cock-a-poos, Snoodles, Sheltipoos, Labradoodles, Maltipoos, Shihpoos, Pooshihs, Bassadoodles, Shihchons, The list goes on... What is a "Poo dog?" Simple, any dog crossed with a poodle and given a funky name they also fall under the heading "Designer Mutt." What is a designer mutt? Any crossbred dogs being sold as if it were purebred or something special

The sole purpose is to sell puppies to the unsuspecting and undereducated buyer. It is not uncommon to find outrageous price tags in the range of $1000 - $2000 on some designer mutts. Whether the puppy is from a mill or from a person just breeding them for the heck of it, there are many sad myths and misconceptions of these dogs

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
sprogless
July 20, 2006
My Jack Russell Terrier went into heat at four months old. Even the vet said that was way early. Average is 6 to 9 mo. My Chihuahua was 5 months old, and his testes hadn't descended yet.

Guess What happened?

We had a litter of "Applejacks."

I kept all but two of the puppies, the two females. They were adopted by the two trainers at my local Petsmart. Wonderful people, who I knew would provide excellent homes. I kept the boys, and I'm a total animoo. I have 6 dogs, and love them more than anything.

In my case, it was an accident, unforseeable, because these were really young dogs. We'd planned to get them fixed as soon as they were old enough. All of them are fixed, now. People who deliberately breed their dogs hoping to make a quick buck are deluding themselves. It costs a lot of money to raise a litter until they're weaned. There's no guarantee that the puppies will sell, and then what? Most people wouldn't keep their litter, they'd either dump it at the pound, or give them away to anyone that will take one outside of Petsmart. Sometimes it's overwhelming- 6 dogs (4 JRT, 2 CH) are a hell of a lot of work, but that's the way it is. Plus, they're a lot more well- behaved than most kids are.
india.darshan
July 20, 2006
It is me...india_darshan. I am at work so I cannot log in or it will screw up my log-in at home. I really feel sorry for this woman's little dog. Being used to breed on demand is sick. I think of how the poor animal is going to be uncomfortable during the gestation and the pain of birthing the puppies. What this woman is doing for the sake of a laptop and for a few hundred for the others that are born is cruel, low, and just out & out indecent. Breeding is oppressive to all living beings. I don't think I can be this woman's friend anymore...
Anonymous User
July 20, 2006
India: that woman is disgusting! How can see bring yet more animals into this world with so many needing good homes? Oh yeah she needs a laptop! I would tell her why you can't be friends with her, that she is amoral and materialistic. What a C**T. And I never use that nasty word.
July 20, 2006
Breeding one's pet is what an idiot without a job does to get quick cash. Just like pawning something off. It's only for quick cash for those who are too f*cking lazy to get a decent job.

lab mom
india.darshan
July 20, 2006
You got that right, Water Lily. My now ex-friend and former co-worker works two days a week and is on disability. She bought that d*mned laptop on ANOTHER PERSON'S credit! Now, she is going to trade a puppy to that other lady to "pay off" the laptop charge.

I thought it was bad enough that this woman would be so extravagant to buy a second computer while on SSI yet she cries "poormouth". I don't know what I am going to tell her. My husband once got on her butt about her stupidity. I am really tired of being kindly to j*ck*ss people.

Sharon, your word is correct for this person. I'm glad I have 'Net access at work to vent about this during downtime.
Anonymous User
July 21, 2006
My family got a half Persian, half alley cat from the Vet. Most wonderful cat (MWC) in the world, EVER. We lived on a farm, and this MWC went outside when she desired - not too often, though, she was a Serious Sofa spud. Before she was fixed, as were ALL our cats & dogs (cats were strays or dumps, save MWC), at an unusually young age she got PG and had the loveliest litter - wonderful, smart, beautiful kittens. Before they were weaned, my Mom caught the MWC "doing it again" with a stray that was not "ours". Mom put MWC in the car, drove it to the Vet, lecturing her all the way...Mom was reallly mad !
"How could you DO this? Your kittens aren't even weaned yet! I am SO ashamed of you - and with some Tom that you don't even KNOW! Wasn't it enough to have that litter at such a young age? Why would you even consider another? I just can't believe this - and I am SO ashamed of you -WHAT am I going to say to the Vet? He'll tell you I'm right, and YOU KNOW I'm right,too ! I am just so ashamed. So ashamed of you". The cat was spayed. Twenty years later, MWC went outside, and never came back - we had six people searching every inch of a huge farm/ranch for DAYS. And when we realized that MWC had "gone off to die", as cats do, Mom cried for days - all of us did. But Mom had the last, loving words: "After 20 years, you'd think she'd leave a NOTE or something" And she MEANT it. Wonderful, remarkably smart cat - but yeah, she should have left a note, by god. After all - we understood the cat system - leaving to die - but she should have let us know. BTW, when you search every square inch of a large farm/ranch, you find things you really do NOT want to know about,e.g. a racoon's skeleton only 30 feet from the house in an irrigation pipe. Yeesh. Mom loved her pets, and treated them right. I hope they are all together now in the afterlife...of course, MWC had some real explaining to do! But to intentionally breed animals (OR not fix them) when WE got all the DUMPS from same? BAH ! (Oh, and Hi,Mom, - don't be too hard on MWC, okay?)
July 21, 2006
see i would love to have lots of cats and dogs, let nature take its course, but i wouldnt sell them, maybe for a nominal fee, i love dogs with a passion, faust loves cats with a passion.

sometimes there is a problem with breeding too much from healthy dogs, like in some golden cocker spaniels theres a bad gene that turns them into homicidal maniacs, but i want to have lots of puppies around me, i would have no problem in having 10 or more, so long as i had the room that is.. thats why i want to make a smaller cross breed, for in the home.

too much spaying, can cause problems with genetic variation not being allowed, as i said i would charge a nominal fee, or free to loving animal people..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 21, 2006
Catmommy, I remember when 101 Dalmatians came out. Everyone was breeding their Dals like no tomorrow and lots ended up in shelters. Dals are highly demanding and headstrong dogs. Lots in shetlers were deaf because if you breed too closely, they can be deaf.

My family adopted a full bred Dal from the local shelter in August 1993. The assholes who had her for 4 months were beating her with a whiffle ball bat because she wasn't listening. SHE WAS DEAF!!!!! But of course these people, having no clue that a Dalmatian with blue eyes, pink skin around the eyes instead of black and a kink in the tail tip, would turn out to be deaf - all the tell tale signs of a geneticaly deaf dog. Perfect example of why certain people should not have pets and why breed crazes are bad.

Oh, and did I mention, these people had 4 kids???

Luckily our beautiful Skye lived to be a happy old girl; she died a year ago this month. We still miss her. She was my dog's best buddy.
July 21, 2006
If I was going to have cats and let them breed, I'd keep the kittens. But I wouldn't want to do that to some helpless animal.

lab mom
July 21, 2006
Breeding pets is disgusting. I was at the vet last week for my tiny one's shots, and this slacker chick came in with a huge dog. She said she'd had the dog mate but now she (the dog) was all "irritated" and might be having a miscarriage. She said she had already had 3 before.

And I was like, "WTF?!? What the hell is WRONG with you, you stupid ignorant bitch?!?" I felt so bad for that poor dog. How dare anyone put her through such pain? It's not like she could consent to anything! She seemed so sweet, too. I felt like shaking the hell out of that cruel bitch. I guess she won't stop trying until the dog bleeds to death or something.
india.darshan
July 21, 2006
That is what gets me about the woman, who is about to be my ex-friend. It is not as if her little dog was able to consent to being put in front of a male dog during her "heat"...and now forced to breed on demand. It IS cruel and the same as the Catholic Church trying to enact laws so women are forced to breed on demand.
July 22, 2006
You've got to be kidding, India.

lab mom
July 23, 2006
I wish I was kidding, Water Lily... sad smiley
The Purple Penguin
July 23, 2006
Greetings,my CF friends...This woman's callousness and shallow attitude kills me. As a fellow Animoo to my darlings (Naruto, Sasuke, [cats] Noodle and 2D [dachshunds]), I get seriously rubbed the wrong way when people do this. All my furbabies are spayed and neutered, and are mostly sofa spuds. Don't force your dog to sprog or your cat to have brats! ;_;
~Penguin
July 23, 2006
I hear you, Purple Penguin. I have two cats and a rabbit. All are spayed. As another Animoo, my animals are not going to be used for breeding. My ******* husband once made the dumb statement of how a cat needs to have bay-bees to keep her mental sanity. I was like, "WTF???" Yeah...I married a jerk but he is just a housemate at this time so I no longer consider him "my" jerk! Breeding IS oppressive. Forcing an animal to breed is akin to rape in my opinion.
The Purple Penguin
July 23, 2006
W..T...F? How does a cat need to have baybees to stay sane? Poor things probably hate childbirth as much as we do--and sometimes they even eat their young....Another reason for our pets to stay happily CF...^^;
~Purple
July 23, 2006
with me i would, only do it, coz i love as many dogs/cats around me as i can, i would neuter the ones i would give away, but with my puppies, they are mine.. wink... i dont think i could live without a dog, i know faust cant live without cats.. so if i could i would have generations of pets, all belonging to me, a sort of continuity..

not force breeding thats wrong, let nature take its course.. at least in the pet sense..

July 23, 2006
Purple Penguin, I am glad you think like I do. I am a big believer in pets remaining childfree. I would bet my next paycheque that you are right how animals probably hate breeding more than we do. Most animals end up having more babies so the process has got to be total h-ll. I don't even think the sex act is good for the female. It looks so awful anytime I have seen it on nature shows.
July 23, 2006
I agree that it's rape. Once there were two cats "doing it" on the balcony next door, and I started throwing empty bottles and stuff to make them stop. My Mom said: "Oh, stop that, it's only nature". And I was like, "Fuck it! That little cat (she really was TINY) is getting RAPED, dammit! If some creepy perv grabbed me like that, would you still say "oh, it's only natural"?!?" I'm still upset about that to this day.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.