Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In Search Of Friends (but only if they have a pic..)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: In Search Of Friends (but only if they have a pic..)
December 19, 2006
part of the reason why i post my picture a fair bit (i hate pics being taken of me), but its a way to find out who is shallow or not, if they dont talk to me after i say cant be much of a loss, if they do, thats fine..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 19, 2006
People who base any sort of relationships solely on looks are in for a pretty rude awakening as looks are never permanent. Even if one were to go the plastic surgery/botox route to maintaining a youthful appearance, generally that ends up looking freakishly fake and wrong, so what's the point? Ones looks will end up changing no matter what, and if you are a sensible person you will know that it's the personality that counts because that's what keeps your friends by your side through hard times. If you're a dumbass and just go after whatever looks good, and always end up disappointed and miserable...and I say, have fun with That, because you won't have my ugly shoulder to cry on when you're all alone and sad because you could only bring yourself to associate with people equally as shallow.
amethusos* Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VLM, that guy was a pig for wanting to be "your
> sister's man" after using you a booty call. Even
> though you were both willing to be in that sort of
> arrangement, I draw the line at a person then
> going after a family member for a "relationship".
>
>
> Your sister was wise to not want anything to do
> with this creature. My feeling is: A man will
> treat the next woman in the same way he treated
> the last women in his life. If this man was a real
> gentleman, he would not have tried to "wine &
> dine" your sister after being involved with you.
> Has this man watched too many soap operas of men
> being with sisters???
>
> Men who want models are going to always be
> disappointed because the majority of the women do
> not fit that mold. I also have to laugh at the
> "model seekers" who are not that attractive,
> either. Same goes for women looking for rich
> men...

Yeh, he was a real loser, and I don't know why to this day I decided to even bother with such an asshole. I mean, he went on and on telling me how wonderful my sister was and I was sitting there thinking, "You bastard!" Ugh.....

It's such a double standard that many men feel they don't have to be attractive to a woman, but the woman has to be A DIME PIECE/TROPHY GIRLFRIEND/WIFE.
Feh Wrote:
> People who base any sort of relationships solely
> on looks are in for a pretty rude awakening as
> looks are never permanent. Even if one were to go
> the plastic surgery/botox route to maintaining a
> youthful appearance, generally that ends up
> looking freakishly fake and wrong, so what's the
> point? Ones looks will end up changing no matter
> what, and if you are a sensible person you will
> know that it's the personality that counts because
> that's what keeps your friends by your side
> through hard times. If you're a dumbass and just
> go after whatever looks good, and always end up
> disappointed and miserable...and I say, have fun
> with That, because you won't have my ugly shoulder
> to cry on when you're all alone and sad because
> you could only bring yourself to associate with
> people equally as shallow.

Feh,

ITA with your post.

Of course, looks are a part of another person's natural attraction to someone else, but it's not EVERYTHING, as many people nowadays seem to make it out to be. In the end, it's all about how a person treated you, loved you and cared for you.

There are, unfortunately, kids who hate their moms because they're fat and don't wish to be seen with them. GMAFB!!
VLM Wrote:
> I was looking at the Craigslist Strictly Platonic
> forum again (I know better not to respond to
> anyone now...), and there is a guy on there who
> posted claiming that he is looking for female
> friends. He wrote that they must be attractive,
> posted FOUR pictures of himself and at the very
> end of the post, he wrote, "P.S. MUST SEND A
> PICTURE FOR A RESPONSE!" So sad. It's obvious
> that he's not really looking for "friends"....

Maybe these idiots don't know what the term "platonic" means.
December 20, 2006
CFScorpio Wrote:
> VLM Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was looking at the Craigslist Strictly
> Platonic
> > forum again (I know better not to respond to
> > anyone now...), and there is a guy on there who
> > posted claiming that he is looking for female
> > friends. He wrote that they must be
> attractive,
> > posted FOUR pictures of himself and at the very
> > end of the post, he wrote, "P.S. MUST SEND A
> > PICTURE FOR A RESPONSE!" So sad. It's obvious
> > that he's not really looking for "friends"....
>
> Maybe these idiots don't know what the term
> "platonic" means.

He ain't lookin' for "platonic" female friends. The guy just wants a list of good-looking f*ck buddies!

"FUCK WORK"
December 20, 2006
Feh, you are right about the issue of looks. Beauty usually does fade in time as a person ages unless that s/he has unusually good skin or can afford treatments. However, the Botox Nation women or those who have undergone a lot of cosmetic surgery do not look "normal" after a time. Even an accident or illness can affect beauty in a younger person.

I work with a woman who used to want a CF life. She did go breeder and decided she wanted one child. Years later, the woman became disabled and has elephantitis. Do you think the husband stayed around? NO! The sad thing is how the lady at the site goes on about the "old days" of how she and her husband went to Europe doing all fun things that non-childed people did.

"FUCK WORK"
This thread reminds me of my mom, who taught me that being beautiful was the most important thing in life. She was skinny, blonde, with fake boobs - a perfect trophy wife. She would pick on me as a child because I had overweight friends, and even made comments about my body when I was a teenager, even though I was normal body weight but not a perfect size two.

Guess what? Today she is on her fourth unhappy marriage, her 52-year old skin is sagging, and is one of the most unhappy people I know. Superficial people make me sick, but you know what? Usually they're not very happy people because they lack substance and meaning in their lives.
Hi Mercurior!
How dare anyone say anything bad about you?I think you're very cool as I have read a lot of your intelligent posts.I didn't know you were a man until now though.Hey,nice hair!
VLM-
The booty call guy sounds ike a real asshat.I am glad you dumped him and clued your sister in on his asshattery.Ha ha ha.Nothing is funnier to me than when women team up to foil an asshole's plan for sex and humiliation of more women.The joke was on Mr.Rico Suave photographer.When your booty call woman dumps you,I guess you weren't that much of a stud after all like you thought you were!
July 07, 2007
i dont get upset if someone insults me, not anymore.. a lot of the time i set up the insult before hand, so thati am in charge and they are doing what i say..wink.. sneaky i know.

but if someone insults my family or close friends.. then.. the gloves are off

i try to be gender neutral when it comes to arguments and discussions, i will fight for mens right equally as hard for womens rights. and thanks for the hair , i will lose it in a few years, so i am enjoying the long hair wink

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 11, 2007
So, I was going through a box of old clothes from my college days, things I'd kept around for sentimental reasons, and I really couldn't get over how TINY they all seemed. Looking at them now I thought "How on earth could I have always considered myself fat? This dress would maybe fit around my thigh now!" I blew my own mind at how completely deluded I was about my size my entire youth, and how no one ever tried to convince me otherwise. I kind of wish I had felt better about myself so I would have taken more care of my physical appearance...but eh...whatever. I'm pretty happy with myself as a person right now, and hopefully the excersise will help me to be happy about my physical self.
July 12, 2007
i dont care much about my physical, once i joked well my body grew to fit my heart.. it stopped them from bothering me for a while.

try being a fat person in todays world. you cant be racist, or sexist, or have religious intolerance.. but you can if they are fat..

i am happy with my size, i am comfortable in the skin i am.. but thats it thats the whole key. its not about size, its about mental image, and acceptance, yes i a fat, i have a wonderful woman, i am content with my life.

and happy people live longer than miserable ones.. (miserable ones it may seem longer), eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die..

i could stop all red meat, i could stop all fats, i could do this or that.. and tomorrow i get hit by a bus, is it worth denying myself joy, to live an extra day. or month.. no..not to me.

i love curvy women, they are so much more sensual than hilton clones,

if someone wants to lose weight for themselves thats ok too, but if its pressured on them then thats wrong.

July 12, 2007
Rapunzel111 Wrote:
> VLM-
> The booty call guy sounds ike a real asshat.I am
> glad you dumped him and clued your sister in on
> his asshattery.Ha ha ha.Nothing is funnier to me
> than when women team up to foil an asshole's plan
> for sex and humiliation of more women.The joke was
> on Mr.Rico Suave photographer.When your booty call
> woman dumps you,I guess you weren't that much of a
> stud after all like you thought you were!

Booty-Call Men seem to get really angry when the women dump them...despite the guys making it so clear that there will not be any relationships in this deal. They want the freedom of just being fuck buddies while the woman is supposed to be pining for a 'real relationship' like she reads about in those women's magazines...
i have known some women calling men for a booty call.
July 12, 2007
I've initiated booty calls, I've been booty called...I like to call it "friends with benefits". As long as both people are being honest and on the same page, I've found it to not be a problem. However, the problems always seem to begin when someone actually wants to turn the "friends with benefits" into more of a relationship without actually talking to the other person about it. Like I'm supposed to just GUESS?
Y'know, I'm not sure that I've EVER actually "fallen for"/dated a guy who is what I would describe as what I prefer as far as looks...I always fall for the personality and then of course they become good-looking to me!

And it must be about personality, because my boi is a bit on the chubby side, yeah, which of course to most people is just lyk omg awful. I of course find him attractive; I'm not all that good of a judge of whether someone has an attractive face or not unless it's REALLY attractive so I couldn't really tell you whether his face would be considered good-looking, but he sure gets a fair amount of attention from women (at least to hear him tell it. I have to go on his word because obviously I'm not around when his coworkers are trying to hit on him and I never pay close enough attention to see whether women in public are checking him out so I suppose it's possible it's a figment of his ego's imagination).

I myself am not much to look at...never been popular with the boys because of it (and because I'm a bit unconventional--how many guys really want to, and can, handle a strong, somewhat-eccentric, opinionated feminist who doesn't really *need* him the way most women seem to need to (I'm not the "dress slutty spend hours on my hair and makeup totter around on tall stiletto heels fawn all over a guy" type--if he doesn't like me the way I am, screw him!)?). But gosh do I attract the kind of guys I want to be with, because of WHO I AM. Amazing.

That said, I find there's a fair amount of ill-will toward thin women too. Can't count the number of times people have said crap like "real women don't wear a size 4" or "omg I don't want a woman who looks like a stick, that's gross" or talked about "skinny bitches" or asked if I ever eat or thought I must be unhealthy or assumed that any woman my size has an eating disorder and diets constantly to look this way. I've always hated it.
July 20, 2007
thin girls dont do it for me, some thin women are too thin , they are pressured into being thin unnaturally, i have told this story a few times, i lost a good friend due to a diet, she became so obsessed with food and calories, that her whole personality changed she was bubbly and outgoing, and wasa pleasure to know, then she became a paranoid self obsessed calorie counter..

people shuld be true to themselves, they should decide if they want to lose weight, if they dont then thats fine too.

July 23, 2007
Ever see a face and say "that's a nice face to look at" even though it doesn't look like the faces in the movies and magazines?
That's me, and that's my betrothed's face. I assume he feels the same way about my face because as I say "I'm on the radio because I've got a face for it". I remember meeting him the first time and thinking "thats a face I like looking at".
It all kind of reminds me of the song by Chet Baker "My Funny Valentine", which for some reason always makes me cry.

Your my funny Valentine, sweet comic Valentine,
You make me smile with my heart,
Your looks are laughable, un-photographical,
Yet you're my favourite work of art

Is your figure less than Greek?
Is your mouth a little weak?
When you open it to speak, are you smiling?
But don't change a hair for me,
Not if you care for me.
Stay little valentine, stay!
Each day is Valentine's Day

Each day is Valentine's Day
July 25, 2007
Kat, I am an unconventional woman as well. I am also eccentric and a very opinionated feminist. Many men have liked it at first as it was probably their thrill to slum it with what they considered the "purple-haired woman with tattoos". However, most of these guys wanted the perfect size 4 woman with the sexier clothing and high heels. It has not been easy to find a person who could handle a woman who tends to have a few extra pounds and does not vie to dress like the model from an issue of Cosmopolitan. A lot of the fellows love "different" until they start competing with the other corp men over who has the "hottest girlfriend". It does not get any easier with age, either...

When I was in my 20's and skinnier with fashionable threads, the men liked me because they thought I was "hot" until they found I had an opinion. I am glad I am older, a little heavier, grayer, and have some lines. I am now okay in my skin. Believe it or not, I was MORE self-conscious back in the Day when it was believed I was "beautiful". I wore nothing larger than a size 6/8 but was always obsessing on fucking cellulite or being "fat". Gads...what a nutcase I was...confused smiley

Like you said, there is a lot of ill will towards thin women as well. I get tired of the "real women" have curves. As Mercurior said, people should be true to themselves. It was awful for him to lose a good friend who became paranoid about calories and the like. I know...because that was me for a time over the last year. Now, I have no scale in the house. I eat what makes me feel good. It is not as if all I eat is ice cream but I have healthy food. However, I am not tripping any longer that I went back to a double-digit size. My mother was on me to "maintain" my weight since beauty is a big thing in my family.

Oh...Lord...I am babbling...:spin
July 25, 2007
i would rather go for brains than body, i like people i can argue at.. about many and varied subjects.. looks has always been a secondary thing to me, but then i lived the curvier women before thin, sorry thin girls.. you do nothing for me..

and beauty the ugliest person i met once was a size 6, the most beautiful a size 20.. we all born, and we all die.. i would rather have 10 years less and be happy eating drinking and being merry, than live those 10 all paranoid about one extra calorie.. if i die young i will have done more in my life, than if i was so paranoid.

everyone lives the same length of time, its just HOW you live it. (this was told to me by a good friend who died shortly after from a seizure)

I think brains are INCREDIBLY sexy. Definitely what usually attracts me to a person!
July 26, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
> i would rather go for brains than body, i like
> people i can argue at.. about many and varied
> subjects.. looks has always been a secondary thing
> to me, but then i lived the curvier women before
> thin, sorry thin girls.. you do nothing for me..

My stepbrother always said he would not go out with a woman who was not "pretty". Well...he ended up marrying a smart woman with a great job...but she was not 'conventionally' pretty and had a few extra pounds. J**l was always on her to lose 20 pounds. However, he ain't ever gonna leave her as she is now the main earner as he and my other stepbrother's business went belly-up. SIL's company is going to pay $60K for her to move to another part of Northern California due to the office moving. What ticks me off is how my stepbrother probably is checking out other women. He has always been ass when it came to the opposite sex.
July 26, 2007
rowan knows i can look, but if i take one step she will kill me, (mostly i compare them to her and they are found wanting but shhh dont tell her that LOL even though i know she reads this)..

we are both secure in ourselves and what we want, that anything else to us is less.. she can look at other people so can i.. it doesnt mean i love her less.

perhaps we are slightly different because we both know ourselves, she knows i would never cheat on her, and i know she would never cheat on me..

we "know" each other as deeply as we can. and for us it works.. it may not work for others.. pretty is beyond the physical, someone who lights up a room when they enter thats pretty.

we are both secure and we both know the other one is THE ONE. for us it works.. i adore the socks off her (the ones she stole from me..along with my trousers, several pairs of my boxers, and shirts and t-shirts ..)

July 26, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
> rowan knows i can look, but if i take one step she
> will kill me, (mostly i compare them to her and
> they are found wanting but shhh dont tell her that
> LOL even though i know she reads this)..
>
> we are both secure in ourselves and what we want,
> that anything else to us is less.. she can look at
> other people so can i.. it doesnt mean i love her
> less.

Looking is fine as long as people are discreet about it because it is natural to look...or are able to have an "understanding" like you and Rowan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login