Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In Search Of Friends (but only if they have a pic..)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: In Search Of Friends (but only if they have a pic..)
July 26, 2007
i think part of the problem is, people are forced to change their instincts too much.. its ok to look, but if you ban them from looking theres that implied illicit feeling, i know i am bad for looking kinda deal in that case a look could lead to cheating. same with spending too much time together. you spend 24/7 with them it can get too much, so have hours apart, have a few seperate interests.. that way you come back more in love than before because you have a freedom yet know they are close..

i look in part because i always watch the areas, its habit from when we used to have car bombs and others in the north west of england, always watching out for unusual. i am more aware of the area around me at all times.. but she knows she is theonly one for me. only one that could cope with me LOL..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 16, 2007
Annie's Mailbox had a boo-hoo story from a blading 40'ish man who said women did not give him the time of day. This has been theme off and on over the years when it was even the Ann Lander column. One woman wrote in asking if the man even paid attention to women who were not "model material" and actually looked at an "average" woman who may have a few extra pounds or is not considered "gorgeous".

That is a very good question as the woman asked her son the same question when he whined how he could not meet good women because he was not a "hunk". Son admitted to only going after the most high-maintenance "lookers" in the room. When he started allowing himself to go with what he used to consider "lesser" women, he found a lovely woman who was not considered beautiful and had some weight on her but she is now a loyal and hard working wife.

Same goes for women when I used to be on an Internet site to meet people. Women my age or older would demand that anyone who messaged them better be younger, earn good money, have all of his hair, and so forth. Funny thing is that many of these women were nothing to brag about, either. It is no wonder that their profiles remained on the site for quite some time and there had been no activity, meaning any messages as the profile would list when the person was last messaged.
August 17, 2007
Like I've said many times before, only focusing on looks will most likely lead to misery.
August 20, 2007
Sad thing, Feh, is how people continue to focus only on the outer package regardless of how many times they have been duped by high-maintenance women in the past. The guys think "this time" it will be better with someone who is "model material". When I was looking around online in 2005, a man wrote who had a profile of how "no fat chicks need to apply". I have a few extra pounds but I never responded. Let the guy waste his money. Another went on about how "hot" he was and was looking for the same. I wrote to him and said he wasted the $6 on a message as I was not up to his too-high standards...hoo-ha!!!! Never heard back from that fucker. Even if I was rail-thin or some great beauty, I would not have responded to the first one or showed interest to the second vain man. Their ugly personalities already surfaced.
That's always been something that has annoyed me about men....they can be surrounded by smart, funny, wonderful women but the second a pretty woman walks into the room the rest might as well not exist, even if he may've been going on and on seconds before about how great all these women are. There's definitely a reason why women don't want their men looking! Because they know they can't LOOK without also UNDRESSING the woman with their eyes and possibly more than that!

I got a very good insight into this from my ex--every time I said a man was attractive, he'd jealously ask "do you want to sleep with him?" WHAT? I only said he looked good, geez; I don't even know the guy! But it certainly told me exactly what was going through HIS head every time he looked at an attractive woman.

Why the hell should a woman have to put up with it when she has to watch her significant other stare at a bunch of other women she knows he'd rather be with?
August 22, 2007
but sometimes thats all it is a look.

as it says on www.bibp.com on one of the strips there.. they may be hot, but the woman/man your with is perfect.

not all men are like that k12144, i know rowan looks, and rowan knows i look. doesnt mean we like each other less. we know its human nature, why not have it in the open rather than having to sneak off to strip clubs or wherever.

too many marriages push people into becoming the same person, sleeping in 2 single beds are considered that the marriage is on the rocks. but it could be one person exudes heat and it gets too hot. or they are restless.

or they spend so much time together every little act gets annoying. spending time apart, going to different movies, or one going to a town and one staying home. doesnt mean anything is wrong.

same with looking, if women can look, so can men, so long as there is no touching, we can admire other paintings, rather than the same one. it just makes u appreciate whats there.

women can go to male strip clubs, and its just a giggle a fun night out, men going to a strip club is sad and sick according to some. whats the difference.

thats the point, men look, and women look. to ban looking, only makes it more attractive, the lure of the illicit.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 22, 2007
K12144 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's always been something that has annoyed me
> about men....they can be surrounded by smart,
> funny, wonderful women but the second a pretty
> woman walks into the room the rest might as well
> not exist, even if he may've been going on and on
> seconds before about how great all these women
> are. There's definitely a reason why women don't
> want their men looking! Because they know they
> can't LOOK without also UNDRESSING the woman with
> their eyes and possibly more than that!
>
> I got a very good insight into this from my
> ex--every time I said a man was attractive, he'd
> jealously ask "do you want to sleep with him?"
> WHAT? I only said he looked good, geez; I don't
> even know the guy! But it certainly told me
> exactly what was going through HIS head every time
> he looked at an attractive woman.
>
> Why the hell should a woman have to put up with it
> when she has to watch her significant other stare
> at a bunch of other women she knows he'd rather be
> with?

Yes...a lot of men do want to look and fuck around but the woman better not even say that another fellow is attractive without the accusation of, "Do you want to sleep with him????" If a man or woman does look, do it with discretion. Looking is natural but don't make the other partner uncomfortable or insecure. I've also known fellows who claim they want a smart woman but will dump her for "flash"...and I have known women who had a "steady freddie" type who treated them well but dropped the "good guy" for the "hot stud"...
August 22, 2007
Again, it's sad to think that sometimes "many do such and such" ends up being "all do such and such".

I still believe the majority of women are not high maintenance and the majority of men are not just going to stick it in whatever's available. But maybe that's just my life, I could name a list of women as long as my arm who aren't "high maintenance" and would be hard pressed to even name 5 who engage in "high maintenance" activities.

Lots of people of both genders make the same mistakes over and over. That's kind of what happens when you don't try to learn from your mistakes, when you don't take the time to work on yourself and learn what makes you happy. Instead, choosing to just jump from one relationship to another out of some deep-seated fear of ending up alone...whatever the hell that means. There's nothing wrong with being alone, and no matter what society says, there's nothing wrong with liking yourself just how you are. The most attractive people I know are people who are happy and confident with themselves, no matter how they appear on the outside. The most successful relationships I've witnessed are between people who appreciate and respect ALL their partners qualities, and accept that physical structures are subject to change as the MIND is what makes the person.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login