Anonymous User
Early tacky decorators...
November 16, 2011
I live in a very old, beautiful and small village.
Most of the houses in my area are pre 1900 and 95% of my neighbours keep their decorations tasteful if they even decorate for xmas at all.
Then there's the people across the street.
Their house is a tiny bungalow which is always decorated for EVERY holiday and pseudo holiday like St Paddy's day that the majority of home owners wouldn't dream of decorating the outside of their homes for.
It completely spoils the classic look of our street and pisses me off to no end.
They put up huge posters which cover their entire windows at the front of the house featuring the Easter bunny, Santa, witches, four leaf clovers, etc for every damn holiday!:crz
Tons of tacky lights, lawn blow ups, hanging glittery crap and more is what I see when I look out my front windows for at least a month before each "holiday".
The xmas crap went up the day they took down the Halloween shit. November first.:smn
I so want to go trash their tacky ass displays every time I see them!
Why must there always be some jackass who makes the whole neighbourhood look tacky?!?angry smiley
Anonymous User
Re: Early tacky decorators...
November 16, 2011
I totally agree with you on this one. There's no reason for people to inflict their taste, or lack of it, on the whole street. Wouldn't it be a shame if a faulty bulb caused the whole lot to go up in flames? Maybe you could help it along a bit.
November 16, 2011
kidsuck
I live in a very old, beautiful and small village.
Most of the houses in my area are pre 1900 and 95% of my neighbours keep their decorations tasteful if they even decorate for xmas at all.
Then there's the people across the street.
Their house is a tiny bungalow which is always decorated for EVERY holiday and pseudo holiday like St Paddy's day that the majority of home owners wouldn't dream of decorating the outside of their homes for.
It completely spoils the classic look of our street and pisses me off to no end.
They put up huge posters which cover their entire windows at the front of the house featuring the Easter bunny, Santa, witches, four leaf clovers, etc for every damn holiday!:crz
Tons of tacky lights, lawn blow ups, hanging glittery crap and more is what I see when I look out my front windows for at least a month before each "holiday".
The xmas crap went up the day they took down the Halloween shit. November first.:smn
I so want to go trash their tacky ass displays every time I see them!
Why must there always be some jackass who makes the whole neighbourhood look tacky?!?angry smiley

We must live across from the same people. She's a bored SAHM, so she decorates for every single holiday, including BS ones. Even the 4th of July. And when there's no holidays going on, she'll decorate according to the season. For example, after the summer came "fall decorations." Her last kid at home is 17 years old! Maybe she should get a damn job.
November 16, 2011
There's always somebody in the neighborhood with shitty taste who ruins everything. It's even worse in this case due to the beautiful architecture of that time period and those types of "decorations" are anachronistic and fuck up the entire ambiance of the quaint turn of the century village look. GOD how I hate people who do that and bad taste knows no racial, ethnic, or socio-economic boundaries either. I have seen million+ dollar houses with lights strung up willy nilly all over the lawn and then I have seen modest 1940's style homes very tastefully decorated. The WORST I ever saw in my LIFE however, was a string of dilapidated wood frame shot gun houses built alongside one another on a rural Alabama highway.

The owners were obviously related, or at least collaborated on it, and there were 5 in a row about 100 yards apart. House 1 was painted sky blue, house 2-canary yellow, house 3-baby shit green, house 4-hot pink, and house 5- was painted sunrise orange. They had flashing colored lights strung up ALL over the houses and bushes in front with the lights color coordinated in reverse order :IE, Blue house had yellow lights, yellow house had green, green had pink, pink had orange, and the orange house had blue. It was an exponential fucking MONSTROSITY and literally shocking in it's distaste. I bet they were so proud of it.:smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 16, 2011
We live in a modest small home BUT it's not far from a historic neighborhood in which there is one person, just around the corner from us, who puts up TACKY HOLIDAY INFLATABLES at the drop of a hat. The pumpkin. The turkey. The snowman. Same every year. Aside from the visual assault, it takes a little electric blower to keep these inflated...something in me rebels at the idea of a decoration that takes (even a modest) portion of energy to keep running. What a waste.
November 16, 2011
I'd be poking the inflatables with a pocket knife at some point.
November 16, 2011
satansbitch
I'd be poking the inflatables with a pocket knife at some point.

I've been tempted. We walk our dogs by that house every evening...."GO, MOLLY! GO, WILLY! ATTACK!!!!!"
Anonymous User
November 17, 2011
The neighbours in the house opposite ours had an inflatable santa and snowman, along with an explosion of flashing multicoloured lights and the little signpost saying 'santa please stop here' for their (admittedly well-behaved) two young children.

They moved out in a hurry last year, and eventually we discovered it was because they were involved in swinging with another couple of neighbours and they'd fallen out due to a couple of them swinging on their own time. These other neighbours also had a very over-the-top tacky display, what a coincidence.

I'm now suspicious as to the motives of any neighbours with a lot of christmas lights on their houses.
November 17, 2011
kidlesskim
There's always somebody in the neighborhood with shitty taste who ruins everything. It's even worse in this case due to the beautiful architecture of that time period and those types of "decorations" are anachronistic and fuck up the entire ambiance of the quaint turn of the century village look. GOD how I hate people who do that and bad taste knows no racial, ethnic, or socio-economic boundaries either. I have seen million+ dollar houses with lights strung up willy nilly all over the lawn and then I have seen modest 1940's style homes very tastefully decorated. The WORST I ever saw in my LIFE however, was a string of dilapidated wood frame shot gun houses built alongside one another on a rural Alabama highway.

The owners were obviously related, or at least collaborated on it, and there were 5 in a row about 100 yards apart. House 1 was painted sky blue, house 2-canary yellow, house 3-baby shit green, house 4-hot pink, and house 5- was painted sunrise orange. They had flashing colored lights strung up ALL over the houses and bushes in front with the lights color coordinated in reverse order :IE, Blue house had yellow lights, yellow house had green, green had pink, pink had orange, and the orange house had blue. It was an exponential fucking MONSTROSITY and literally shocking in it's distaste. I bet they were so proud of it.:smn

..Wow... doh face

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you? - John Constantine
CFBitchfromLA
November 18, 2011
Homeowner's associations can be a massive expense and pain in the ass, but they can also be saviors when it comes to maintaining property values.

Our HOA has strict rules prohibiting visible plastic kiddie shit. You can have it, but only in the fenced or tree/shrub covered backyard. It also prohibits ugly-assed brat artwork in windows, basketball hoops in driveways, portable sports equipment left in view or in traffic (those fucking hockey goals or basketball hoops left in the damned streets!) and any kind of blow-up castle or trampoline or anything else in the front yards for even a single moment. Don't follow the rules? Our anal retentive HOA president will have your ass fined and will foreclose if you don't pay the very expensive fines within a short time. Inflatable pools are also banned due to water restrictions and safety concerns.
November 20, 2011
I used to live across the street from a guy who really loved gardening. I used to call his eyesore the jungle. His brick house was completely covered in vines. He had tall plants, flowers, trees and bushes. Later he put in an arch on the sidewalk leading up to the door. The jungle was so thick you couldn't even see the front door. I used to wonder how the guy was never ticketed. I would get the old biddy next door telling me to cut the plants because they couldn't be more than twelve inches while the dude down the street had a rainforest for a front yard.

Well, it was nice to see the stray cats come in the jungle for some warmth. That was the only positive. Oh and he had a thing about blue lights. He would put blue lights all over the bushes and trees and line up the house. It was really blue.

There was this one couple that went deliriously crazy. They lived way down the street. Their house would be so lit up with dancing Santas on the roof and reindeer and the Nativity scene and Coca-Cola drinking bears. And thousands of crazy lights representing every color in the rainbow. Sometimes they would play music well into the night. It was faint, but it was annoying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login