Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Christmas songs do you hate the most?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
What Christmas songs do you hate the most?
October 27, 2013
As we all know, the holidays are coming soon, too soon for my liking. Some of the stores in my area have already started playing Christmas music all the time, and it drives me nuts. These are a few of the songs I can't stand that inevitably get played more than once:

All I want for Christmas is you: I'm sorry, but I can't stand Whitney Houston's version (or was that Mariah Carey? I keep getting them mixed up).

Santa Baby (any version): Just sounds creepy to me.

And of course, The Christmas Shoes. Most depressing song in the world.

Which ones do you guys hate?
Re: What Christmas songs do you hate the most?
October 27, 2013
Mariah Carey sings "All I Want For Christmas Is You". I like that song, but not hearing it ten times in a row!

By the time the holidays are over, I've grown very sick of all the Christmas tunes, but the ones I hate most are any that depress me. That just ruins my day.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
October 27, 2013
"Baby It's Cold Outside," "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," and "Santa Baby." tongue sticking out smiley Those are the ones I actually hate. The others just get really old by the time the end of the season comes around. We really over-do the whole holiday season these days. Can't they at least wait until Halloween is over before putting the Christmas crap in all the stores? smile rolling left righteyes2
October 27, 2013
"Last Christmas" because it is the ONLY Christmas song that is whiney.

The fucking "Christmas Shoes" song is stupid. It's about a child who spins stories of his mom dying to get free shoes from strangers.

"All I Want for Christmas is You"-rambling piece of shit

"Santa Baby"-depends: Eartha Kitt sounds sultry and humorous. Everybody else blows sheep-especially Madonna doing her Betty Boop impersonation.
October 27, 2013
ANY and ALL Xmas songs are vile.

YES, I am a SCROOGE.

And proud of itgrinning smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
October 27, 2013
drake
ANY and ALL Xmas songs are vile.

YES, I am a SCROOGE.

And proud of itgrinning smiley

THIS!

Especially Rudolf the rednosed reindeer ,Grandma got run over by a reindeer , Litttle drummer boy, and any song about getting stuff.

All of the Christmas songs are so overplayed in so many places for so long that you come to hate every single one of them.
October 27, 2013
I'm with drake and thom_c: All Gift-mess songs are atrocious... Except one. That would be "The Twelve Days of Christmas" as performed by the villains of Space Ghost on the show Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast. Cracks me up every time!

ETA: Okay, I thought of a second one, the "bow down to the power of Santa" song from Invader Zim.
October 27, 2013
Aesirson
I'm with drake and thom_c: All Gift-mess songs are atrocious... Except one. That would be "The Twelve Days of Christmas" as performed by the villains of Space Ghost on the show Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast. Cracks me up every time!

ETA: Okay, I thought of a second one, the "bow down to the power of Santa" song from Invader Zim.

Space Ghost: 12 days of Christmas (sample)

Invader Zim : Bow Down to the Power of Santa
October 27, 2013
Any Christmas song sung by Harry Belafonte...my mom used to play that shit over and over when I was growing up. two faces puking

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
October 27, 2013
Will agree with Santa Baby most definitely. It IS creepy. Some things shouldn't be sexualized, and jolly old Father Christmas is certainly one of them. Barf.

Christmas Shoes, Last Christmas, Grown Up Christmas list, and any other song about breakups, people dying, or third world countries not knowing it's Christmas or getting snow/presents. I don't wanna be depressed for the holidays, OKAY?! And on a similar note, I doubt the starving children in Africa would welcome fucking snow, of all things.

My number one hated song though, is probably Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime". If I could time travel and give his younger self a temporary concussion to prevent that atrocity from being produced, believe me, I would. Even worse, at work last year, our only Christmas music was provided by a CD with a whole 7 songs on it. Crappy cover versions. This was one of them, so we heard it around twenty times a day. It was the dearest ambition of nearly every wage slave in that building to find said disc, take it into the parking lot, and smash it into a million shiny pieces. If it returns this year, there will be a war.
October 28, 2013
I haven't heard any of those pop Christmas songs (lucky me). I've always hated Little Drummer Boy more than any of the other Christmas songs, and I dislike a good many of them.
October 28, 2013
I don't hate all Christmas songs, but I do hate that they start as soon as the last piece of candy hits the bottom of some kid's Hallowen bag.

The saddest Christmas song is "I Wish You Merry Christmas" by the Carpenters. Because of her death at such a young age, the song seemed to transform from a person missing a loved one at the Holidays to a deceased person regretting not being with their living loved ones...
October 28, 2013
Snark Shark
Shiny
My number one hated song though, is probably Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime".

that's what happens when his saccharine side takes over. BLECH.

"I am one of the most legendary songwriters ever! Let me put out something more annoying than a smoke alarm's low battery buzzing!"

Another one-"Do They Know It's Christmas". Just something about a bunch of wealthy self important British musicians trying to make hordes of fans feel guilty about making merry on the holidays scorches my ass.
October 28, 2013
zatoth
Snark Shark
Shiny
My number one hated song though, is probably Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime".

"I am one of the most legendary songwriters ever! Let me put out something more annoying than a smoke alarm's low battery buzzing!"

Another one-"Do They Know It's Christmas". Just something about a bunch of wealthy self important British musicians trying to make hordes of fans feel guilty about making merry on the holidays scorches my ass.

I fucking hate Paul McCartney with the fire of a thousand suns. He's up there with Hitler and Pol Pot in my book. I fucking hate the Beatles too. I hate him, and I hate his shitty Christmas song. I like a lot of Christmas songs, actually, but I hate the religious ones like Silent Night and Angels we have Heard on High. Because I hate religion. And Paul McCartney. Yeah.
October 28, 2013
starbelly
zatoth
Snark Shark
Shiny

I fucking hate Paul McCartney with the fire of a thousand suns. He's up there with Hitler and Pol Pot in my book. I fucking hate the Beatles too. I hate him, and I hate his shitty Christmas song. I like a lot of Christmas songs, actually, but I hate the religious ones like Silent Night and Angels we have Heard on High. Because I hate religion. And Paul McCartney. Yeah.

I share your hatred of Paul McCartney and The Beatles. :beer Is there a reason Mark Chapman couldn't have shot him as well?

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

October 28, 2013
starbelly
zatoth
Snark Shark
Shiny

Tell us how you really feel winking smiley
October 28, 2013
strange aeons
starbelly
zatoth
Snark Shark
Shiny

I share your hatred of Paul McCartney and The Beatles. :beer Is there a reason Mark Chapman couldn't have shot him as well?

Because he was not in NYC?
Anonymous User
October 28, 2013
Pretty much EVERY single one of them except nontraditional ones, and "Sleigh Ride." I was privy to an especially well-made arrangement for orchestra back in high school, and it was the one xmas song we played every year, whereas otherwise the rotation was always different. I'm fond of Sleigh Ride now because of that. Just about every single other xmas song can go suck a dick. Can we PLEASE move out of the 1940s and get new ones?
October 28, 2013
I hate ALL Xmas songs with the power of a thousand nuclear suns! They overplay them on the radio, in stores, cafes, everywhere. By the time Xhell hits, I'm so sick of hearing them, I feel as if my ears are bleeding.

Among the worst are: Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Walking in a Winter Wonderland and fucking Jingle Bells.

And what's with the one where he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake? Is Santa a goddamned peeping tom? Creep-tastic!
October 28, 2013
I think "Christmas Shoes" has to be the worst holiday song ever written. Has anyone heard Patton Oswalt deconstruct this peice of crap?

ANYthing by Mariah Carey makes me want to punch someone in the head. Dumb attention whore (Beyonce's mentor in that regard, no doubt) who's sooo in love with that dog-summoning thing she does with her voice. Ugh!

I've never heard of "Christmas Shoes" until now, and hope I am never enlightened.

Along with cassia, I'd like to offer an alternative to traditional Xmas bilge... devil with smile
Anonymous User
October 28, 2013
Okay, here's a Christmas song that's pretty funny, at least to me. It's from a British group.

Christmas is a pain in the arse

Side note; How could I forget Sleigh Ride? My school orchestra had to play that every year as well, I'm sick of it too. I also hate the others mumofsixbirds mentioned, I forgot about those at the time.
October 28, 2013
I am right there hating xmas moozik right along with all of you, but there was one that made me listen closely and smirk at all the horrified moomies who missed the lyrics the first few times around until their kyds started singing along...

Who Put the Stump, by Bob Rivers.
Although I also think it got a bit overplayed the second year after it was put out. I still laughed.
October 28, 2013
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman.
Especially Frosty -- maybe because of that insufferable cartoon they play every year...now THOSE are what I hate the most. Stupid fucking Christmas specials for kids -- Rudolph and Frosty, especially. Even when I was a kid I hated them. Except for the Grinch -- I'm totally okay with the Grinch cartoon, because I love Chuck Jones.

I need to check out this Christmas Shoes abomination of which you speak...it sounds horrific.

I'm a sucker for the old-old Christmas songs (despite my deep suspicion of the day-to-day practice of organized religion). "Fairytale of New York", "I Believe in Father Christmas" by Greg Lake, and "Father Christmas" by the Kinks are my modern-day favorites.

I'm embarrassed to admit I come over all old-fashioned when it comes to Christmas -- fuck knows why. From the day after Thanksgiving until December 30th, I turn into a sick combination of Martha Stewart and a mid-Victorian Dowager Duchess. Every year I swear I will never do it again, but by 30 November I'm digging out the decorations and throwing fairy lights in the trees like a chipmunk on crystal meth. It's akin to demonic possession. I need help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login