My mom is dying. I think we should give her a grandkid
February 14, 2011
But yet he also thinks Grandma could be the daycare because his wife (so rightly) points out they can't afford to have one right now.

Just how stupid is this guy?
Re: My mom is dying. I think we should give her a grandkid
February 14, 2011
Before they even consider having a kid, the old woman needs to have died or moved into a home or something. Bringing a kid into that hellhole would be an outright disaster. The behavior and attitude of her husband, combined with moo in law's past track record, should be a big red flag to her that she has indeed made a mistake and she needs to get out NOW, while she still can and never look back at DH and his rotten moo.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
February 14, 2011
This type of thinking is actually quite common. Just off the top of my head I can think of two different couples who went out and got knocked up immediately after one of their parents was diagnosed with cancer. Neither one of them was what I could consider financially stable, either.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 14, 2011
Idiocy knows no boundaries...:drool Dunce cap

lab mom

So far, we haven't tried to have one because we just can't afford to have a child and there were some other general issues.

That sentence right there should automatically end the discussion. No matter what asinine reasons wannabe-duhddy comes up with, that should be the absolute final and deciding factor regarding the entire issue. The woman sounds reasonably intelligent with her concerns. If she sticks to her guns on the affordability front, she can (and should) beat him back down every time he brings it up.

I just hope she doesn't cave in to him.
February 15, 2011
What a dumbass. ITA with KK, she needs to pull the ripcord on that one. Let's hope she doesn't cave or that he doesn't sabotage her birth control.

Reading about this other Duddy in the comment thread made me see red too:

Another Clueless Dumbass
We were visiting my DH's cousin (a much older woman). She was a lovely person but had terrible health problems--weight issues, RA--couldn't go up and down her own stairs anymore, could barely manage to cook and couldn't make a bed. He suggested we go out one evening while we were there visiting and have her watch our toddler. I said, are you insane? He did not see the big problem. I had no problem with CIL's personality in any way, but her physical limitations I knew would prevent her watching a toddler!

DH mentioned it to CIL anyway and she responded, "Are you insane?"

Sure....the poor woman can barely walk, but let's dump the toddler on her so we can go out.

It sounds like they were staying at her house too, probably for free. In which case, they should be taking her out to dinner, not using her as a free baybee sitter because she has a uterus.
February 18, 2011
^^that is neglectful.

lab mom
February 18, 2011
No wonder we call baybees "fuck trophies". smile rolling left righteyes2
LoveToLurk
This type of thinking is actually quite common. Just off the top of my head I can think of two different couples who went out and got knocked up immediately after one of their parents was diagnosed with cancer. Neither one of them was what I could consider financially stable, either.

This reminds me of those creepy people who have a baby right after mum/dad dies, and are always comparing the loaf to the deceased relative. "Isn't it strange how little Hunter looks like his grandpa? He has his eyes! And I saw a beam of light in his room a few days ago!" They always seem to be alluding to reincarnation or at least some kind of intense spiritual connection because the birth and the death occurred around the same time, without understanding that the kid and the deceased relative look similar because they...share genes. And that the "beam of light" was probably just from the headlights of a passing car. But, no! Hunter MUST be the reincarnation of grandpa! The beam of light must have been an angel! Why do breeders think everything associated with their child is magical?

Also I think that having a baby and shoving it in a sick person's face is horribly selfish and inconsiderate. "Look, new life! You're dying, old man, but surely you can summon the energy to talk about our precious loaf! Hey-- he even has your eyes. Doesn't that make you almost feel like you don't need morphine any more?"
_ _ _
February 18, 2011
I have no idea why should would want to conceive a child at all with booger-for-brains, or ever want to have sex with him ever, ever again. He is beyond idiotic.

At least she refuses to have a kid while Jabba-the-Cunt is in her house. At least that's something.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login