Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1754 - kids in strollers

Posted by Feh 
1754 - kids in strollers
August 09, 2006
Hey, have a little empathy! Don't you know it's HARD to teach a kid to walk? It stifles their creativity to be forced to walk upright like the majority of humans, and it's a possible health and safety hazard with the falling and all. Better we just make larger and larger strollers to accomidate them, it will help improve our economy by making a new job category of people who will need to push those adult-strollers once the parents are unable to...
now let me tell you about the importance of foam padding and helmets.
CFBoston
Re: 1754 - kids in strollers
August 09, 2006
I've actually overheard a lot of parents in the office say that they want to keep kids from walking as long as possible because they start trashing more of the house once they start walking. Another instance of: if kids are such a burden, why bother having them in the first place? But I hear the sacrifices parents make every day...
sprogless
August 09, 2006
CFBoston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've actually overheard a lot of parents in the
> office say that they want to keep kids from
> walking as long as possible because they start
> trashing more of the house once they start
> walking. Another instance of: if kids are such a
> burden, why bother having them in the first place?
> But I hear the sacrifices parents make every
> day...

That's horrible even by breeder standards!
Anonymous User
August 09, 2006
I went to the local zoo a few years ago. Granted, it's a big zoo, but the proportion of kids in strollers and wagons was amazing. I did say, loudly, a few times, that "I wasn't aware of the polio epidemic that left behind all these crippled kids. How awful!"

No one looked embarrassed. Shame doesn't work on these people.
CFScorpio
August 10, 2006
Cristabel Wrote:
> I went to the local zoo a few years ago. Granted,
> it's a big zoo, but the proportion of kids in
> strollers and wagons was amazing. I did say,
> loudly, a few times, that "I wasn't aware of the
> polio epidemic that left behind all these crippled
> kids. How awful!"
>
> No one looked embarrassed. Shame doesn't work on
> these people.
>

It's like that old joke about the rich couple pushing their daughter in a gold-plated wheelchair.
A passer-by says: "How sad! Can't she walk?"
The rich parents turn up their noses and say, "Yes, but thank god she doesn't have to!"

August 10, 2006
I guess, if you are going to be outdoors tramping around somewhere all day with a child 5 or under, you might want to bring a wagon to drag them around in when they get tired, and to carry all the assorted kindercrap you have to have at all time. I mean, at least then they can pass out in the wagon and not have a fatigue related melt down that drives the rest of us batty.

I've known people who had a kid and then waited 3-4 years to have another, and when the baby comes along, that 3-4 year old starts acting like the infant, refusing to walk, talk, eat properly, or use the bathroom. I presume for the extra attention that comes along with it. Odd.

CFADinNYC
August 10, 2006
I can't stand seeing fat kids of advanced age in a stroller. A little walking would do the fatty some good!
August 10, 2006
CFADinNYC Wrote:
> I can't stand seeing fat kids of advanced age in a
> stroller. A little walking would do the fatty some
> good!

Amen.

lab mom
Anonymous User
August 10, 2006
Catdaddy and I were at Old Sturbridge Village (an outdoor living history museum in Central MA) today. We saw this large group consisting of several sprogs of assorted ages, and two moos, one of who was preggo. The preggo was pushing one of those gigantic strollers containing a he-sprog who looked to be at least 4 years old. We knew that there was nothing wrong with the sprog's legs, as we later saw him running around. This was also the youngest sprog in the group.

Anyhoo, they have this boat on which they take people out for a ride on the river. We were going to go on the boat until we saw this group waiting ahead of us. The boat isn't that big...holds maybe 15 people tops, so there'd be no way to avoid this very loud and annoying group.

So Catdaddy and I stood back, because we were curious as to whether the preggo would actually try to bring that Hugh Jass stroller onto the boat. Sure enough, she pushed the stroller, Sprog-Boy and all, right onto the boat.

WHY? We already knew that Sprogley was capable of walking, and on the boat ride, you have to stay seated anyway. The stroller would have been safe if she'd left it at the ticket desk, there was someone there to keep an eye on it.

What's gonna happen when Preggo shits out the loaf she's carrying? Is she gonna buy one of those double strollers and push BOTH children around? Is she still going to be pushing them in a stroller when they are 14 and 10?

Now, I realize that OSV is very walking-intensive, and it's easy to get tired...hell, even I get tired from too much walking. But they have PLENTY of benches all over the place to sit and rest.

I saw this one older lady, probably the grandmother, who had two little girls with her...one looked to be about 5 or 6, and the other was a toddler of about 2-3. Both kids were walking, no stroller in sight.

We love this museum, but we really wish they'd ban strollers, or at least those SUV strollers. I lost cound of how many times today our way was blocked by one of those things. Several times in the varius gift shops, and many more times in the various *old house* exhibits. There is already not much room in these old houses...after all, they didn't have SUV strollers back in 1830 (the period which the Village depicts). The courteous thing to do would have been to leave the stroller outside of the exhibit houses while going in.

However, the only parents we saw who had the decency to do this also had the decency to bring a much smaller stroller.
gail
August 11, 2006
Catmommy, I have SEEN these double strollers containing two shit loafs of different ages! And whilst we're on the subject, what about the number of kids being carried around? Especially if there's a Duh on the scene, but I've also seen runt-type women lugging around huge loafs who look to be between three and five. What's with that?
August 11, 2006
CFADinNYC Wrote:
> I can't stand seeing fat kids of advanced age in a
> stroller. A little walking would do the fatty some
> good!

I concur. This reminds me of something that happened a couple years back. My aunt, older cousin, youngest cousin and I went to the zoo a couple summers ago. My cousin was four at the time, but my aunt still brought the kid's stroller in case she got tired of walking. Little Cousin wanted to be in the stroller minutes after we got in the gates...not because she was tired, but just because she didn't want to walk. The stroller my aunt used was one of the smaller ones (the hammock-looking kind). Needless to say, we had to go to the entrance of the zoo to get an SUV stroller because my cousin was too heavy for her own stroller...the legs on the wheels had bent. The kid was pretty chubby for her age...as in she looked slightly pregnant because her belly bulged out so much.

Honestly, I can almost understand why anyone with young kids would want to try and keep their kids from walking for as long as possible. When those little bastards get up on their own two feet, that's when shit gets broken, bent, scratched, and just destroyed in general. I assume they have the kid walking by kindergarten, though.
CF Uter
August 11, 2006
I wonder if breeder ever see their reflections in a mirror or window sometimes or if they are so in denial about everything involving their brats.

Today, you will see 2 brats in a double stroller,one but sometimes BOTH are too old for a stroller, at least using the standards of our childhoods.

They are chubby or just plain overweight, they are obviously TOO FUCKING TALL to be in the stroller because their fucking knees are bent up to their chins. The stroller is also holding enough shit, food, drinks, crap, that you could probably survive a 2 week vacation on it. Never let sproggies do w/o I guess. I guess it is an easy way to keep track of your damn sproggen with minimal effort, but why can't parunts see that that is not the whole point.

If my (non-existant) kids were fat, they be walking, even if they were tired. If their knees were bent up to their heads, I would have to say to myself, wow, they are too old for the stroller anymore, and make them walk, plus, they don't need every single need tended to from all the Cheerios (parunts, stop thinking this is a 'health' food, it ain't, especially if you have them stuffing their faces all day with it and then going to McD's for nuggets.) soda pop, crackers, etc etc in the back of the stroller. Sometimes the kids can just WAIT.

I hate breeders like this and then nothing makes me cringe more when I finially see one of my childed friends or family doing these very same things. My usually PNB GF was complaining she had to push 150 lbs. when she took the kids somewhere. I had to bite my tongue so hard from telling her, her 6 year old shouldn't have been in the double stroller, plus, he is very tall for his age, but he is also very FAT. I fought the urge to ask her if her parents pushed her around in a stroller at that age. I didn't say it because I'm sure she is sick of me comparing her habits (which all modern moos do) to those of her parents, I would like to hold on to the friendship.

I thought we learned from example of our parunts and tended to repeat what we learned in our families, but modern parunts actually do everything different, unfortunately incorrectly, have created a nation of obese, narcissistic, useless, unsocialized little vermon, that have already starting growing up into the same. Then, they all tell me it is "just different" these days. How is it different? Yesteryear's parents were just less lazy and you're looking for the simpliest route till the age of 18-21 for your offspring? No matter the consequences?

That is the only "difference" I see. angry flipping off

CFADinNYC
August 11, 2006
150 lbs of brat!!!!! She had to push that? WTF is wrong with her? Sheesh!! BTW--I love the gif!!! LMAO!!!
August 11, 2006
I remember those "hammock" style strollers, all my cousins grew up in them, so to speak. One would think that those would be preferrable to the hugeass strollers as they are lighter, smaller and easier to transport. I've seen famblies piling into SUV's where the whole back seemed to have been filled with one single stroller, and to see parents struggle with getting them unfolded, and loaded....hilarious.
CFADinNYC
August 11, 2006
Actually--where are you folks getting those hysterical animated smiley gifs? I love them? I would love a link. Thank you! smiling smiley

August 11, 2006
http://www.bratfree.com/refugees/smilies/smilies.html

lab mom
August 11, 2006
I'm sick of moos and stroller brats blocking my way everywhere I go. And God forbid you should ask them to move, of course! eye rolling smiley
CFBitchfromLA
August 14, 2006
FFS...those damn SUV strollers were everywhere I went this weekend.

I took mom to do some shopping at the mall. I know, I know...it can be expected with back to school time and all of that shit that it would be busy, but my mom was a bit of a rattlebrains this past week because of her new antihypertensive, and she only remembered on Saturday that she had shopping to do.

So we go to the mall, and my mom is using a walker. When some very nice older gentleman opened the door for her, some fucking fat moocow with a huge-assed stroller barged in front of my mom and nearly knocked her over. My Spanish may be a bit rusty, but the gentleman told the moo, "I didn't open the door for you, puta (several different meanings, but the one I like is "whore")!" She gave him a dirty look and said something back to him, and he responded by calling her a whore again and apologized to mom and I. I thanked him profusely and told him it's nice to see a gentleman. He was a very nice man.

While mom and I were shopping, I noticed that the moocow and her strollerbrat were having some difficulty with the mall's rent-a-cop. The stupid twat tried to take the thing on the escalator, and the cop was telling her how fucking dumb she was endagering the brat like that.

We finished mom's shopping and quickly left. The mall is definitely one place I associate with torture. Must be some kind of relic from the medieval dungeons of Europe.

Imagine a 22nd century inquisition...only this time you do no get the iron maiden...you spend a week at a mall!
August 14, 2006
when people say mauls now i immediatly think of dawn of the dead, the zombies in the mall, i can just see them zombie pushing the zombie kids in the stroller. oh wait.. no one would notice the difference

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 14, 2006
I am thinking that robot mall security be developed...after all, they were featured in a 1989 film called Chopping Mall, you'd think we'd have them by now.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090837/
August 14, 2006
i remember that film, many years ago.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 14, 2006
CFBfromLA, I work security. What you mention is the NUMBER #1 reason why I would never want to work Maul Security. I know other guards who worked in this area's malls and hear it is the equivalent of Hell. Moos and teen sprogs are the worst. The moos are nasty and expect everyone to cater to them. The teens are loud and are usually only in there to cause problems.

I, too, have seen the older sprogs -- meaning older than toddlers -- stuffed in strollers with their knees to their chins. It looks so creepy and stupid. I also see moos carrying the same-age children throughout the mall rather than making the little b@st@rds walk. I guess I should not be surprised because babyhood seems to go on longer due to the mothers' behaviour meaning that I have known women who breastfeed their four-year-olds and how those same-age kids are also not toilet-trained.

Egads... eye rolling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.