Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"All Mothers Are Working Women!" (and it would cost 200k a year to replace them):rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://aolanswers.com/questions/mothers_working_women_parenting_504122883666499

"All Mothers Are Working Women!"

Would you please be so kind as to quit referring to mothers who work outside the home as "working mothers"? ALL mothers are working women! ALL mothers "work." By using the term "working mothers," you perpetuate the notion that mothers who work within the home are doing nothing more than watching soaps and nibbling on bon bons. Being an at-home mother is the hardest work any woman OR man will ever undertake. A person working outside of the home has a time-oriented schedule: at 5-6:00 p.m., they get in their car and leave work behind. An at-home working parent's job is what is called TASK-oriented: that means it doesn't matter what the clock says. You aren't finished until the task is completed, even if it's midnight. It can be 24/7.

In addition, when your 4 year old comes to your bedside at 3 a.m., you can't say, "Well, honey, I'm off duty right now." It's task-oriented, and that can go on around the clock. Credit where it's due, PLEASE! Stop using the term "working mothers!" All mothers are working mothers. No mother who is unemployed, just laying about, as the term suggests. In addition, recent calculations of what it would cost to replace ALL the work and jobs a mother performs (carpooling, cleaning, cooking, organizing, scheduling, and so on) comes to more than $200,000. It would cost that much to replace her contribution to the home, so please, please stop using the term "Working Mother." It's terribly demeaning and insulting to the women (and men) who dedicate their lives to running a home. Thank you!"

:BS and :Violin

I wonder what they think that EMPLOYED mothers should be called then? WHY do they always say that their "job" as "H-MOMM" (Head Moo of McMansion) would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to replace them and all of their alleged "job titles"? Yet, it's easy for any dummy to calculate that, 1)The market doesn't prove this out as evidenced by baby sitters, maids, day care workers, and cooks being among the lowest paid 2)That their "job" is a CHOICE and that they are supposed to perform these tasks if they shit loaves, and 3) Working mothers do ALL of these things AND earn a paycheck. ??? I do a shitload of unpaid work in and around my home on a daily basis, but I don't expect to be paid for it or receive any recognition because it's MY home, MY husband, MY animals, and MY choice! I fail to see the difference.cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Kim, so nice to see you back! :beer

That whiny moo seems just a tad defensive over her shitty life choices. What she fails to admit (among other things) is that a working parunt whose toadler bugs them at 3 am has to get up in a few short hours and go to WORK. The SAHMoo can continue sleeping as long as the brat does, and take a nap later in the day when the brat does.

NO, I do not feel sorry for the working parunt either. All of them deserve a hearty :bedmadelie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Oh, what the fuck EVER. My mother was a SAHM, and she would never have claimed such BS. I lived with her, so I know what her daily life was like. She'd get up early and make us breakfast, see my Dad off to work and us kids off to school. She'd clean up the dishes, sweep up the floors. Sometimes she went back to bed for awhile. Then she'd get up and do laundry or house cleaning as needed. She had time to watch some game shows she liked, too. My Dad usually came home for lunch so she'd feed him. She watched her soaps (yes she DID! and religiously, too!) and maybe read for awhile (she favored gothic mysteries). Then she'd make dinner, feed us, clean up, and had the evening free to visit with my Dad, watch TV, whatever. Even when I was little enough that she had to actually watch me, she made it clear that I could entertain myself part of the time. I didn't need constant supervision or "guidance." She was also disgusted at mothers who were happy when their kids started school and dreaded having them home. She liked having us at home with her. Probably because she'd raised us not to be whiny little brats who destroyed the house or bitched about being bored. She'd raised us to be people that she actually liked to have around. She didn't resent us for all the work we caused her. She CHOSE to have kids, and she liked being a Mom, and she never claimed that her job was anything more than it was.
kidlesskim

Would you please be so kind as to quit referring to mothers who work outside the home as "working mothers"? ALL mothers are working women! ALL mothers "work." By using the term "working mothers," you perpetuate the notion that mothers who work within the home are doing nothing more than watching soaps and nibbling on bon bons. Being an at-home mother is the hardest work any woman OR man will ever undertake. A person working outside of the home has a time-oriented schedule: at 5-6:00 p.m., they get in their car and leave work behind. An at-home working parent's job is what is called TASK-oriented: that means it doesn't matter what the clock says. You aren't finished until the task is completed, even if it's midnight. It can be 24/7.

In addition, when your 4 year old comes to your bedside at 3 a.m., you can't say, "Well, honey, I'm off duty right now." It's task-oriented, and that can go on around the clock. Credit where it's due, PLEASE! Stop using the term "working mothers!" All mothers are working mothers. No mother who is unemployed, just laying about, as the term suggests. In addition, recent calculations of what it would cost to replace ALL the work and jobs a mother performs (carpooling, cleaning, cooking, organizing, scheduling, and so on) comes to more than $200,000. It would cost that much to replace her contribution to the home, so please, please stop using the term "Working Mother." It's terribly demeaning and insulting to the women (and men) who dedicate their lives to running a home. Thank you!"

I wonder what they think that EMPLOYED mothers should be called then? WHY do they always say that their "job" as "H-MOMM" (Head Moo of McMansion) would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to replace them and all of their alleged "job titles"? Yet, it's easy for any dummy to calculate that, 1)The market doesn't prove this out as evidenced by baby sitters, maids, day care workers, and cooks being among the lowest paid 2)That their "job" is a CHOICE and that they are supposed to perform these tasks if they shit loaves, and 3) Working mothers do ALL of these things AND earn a paycheck. ??? I do a shitload of unpaid work in and around my home on a daily basis, but I don't expect to be paid for it or receive any recognition because it's MY home, MY husband, MY animals, and MY choice! I fail to see the difference.cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

This bullshit comes out every year before Moooooother's Day, which is May 8 (second Sunday each year) this year. :bayybee two faces puking moo with baybeem two faces puking

The articles from job search and salary web sites (like monster.com and salary.com) with the six-figure salary moos allegedly "deserve" will come soon. cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

Moos should earn--and definitely deserve--nothing for their "work" of watching TV, updating their status many times a day on Fakebook and inflicting their ill-behaved products on the rest of us.

Here's to you, moos, for your special day of the year and every other day: angry flipping off

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
kidlesskim

apparently, according to "working SAHMoos", EMPLOYED mothers are somehow inferior and that none of them have a job that requires them to deal with it after they physically leave a workplace-no mother is an executive manager, self employed career person, police officer, nurse, emergency worker, military person or any other job that requires taking work home or being on call all hours and days. they factor up this ever changing amount of "what it would take to replace them" by taking the salaries and wages of full time employment of positions such as nurse, housekeeper, boss, cook, etc. and adding them together, neverminding that they don't do these jobs for the same percentage of time a person employed in these positions would be doing. a chef is 100% a chef on the job-that is preparing food, cooking food, ordering food, planning menus, etc. the entire time they are working. a sahm is only a chef for three meals a day, chances are on the average spending an hour to an hour and a half doing it per day. remove from that any time they buy prepared meals from restaurants and food that only needs to be nuked for a minute and you probably have it down to an average of three hours a week. so, technically, if they want to be more accurate in their claim of what all these other professions they do, break down how much they spend of their time into average percentage of their day, then mulitiply that percent (1.00 being 100%) to the average annual income of that position. and if you are nuking frozen processed food for evey meal, you can't take wolfgang puck's annual income into consideration. i'm sure you will find most sahmoos screaming about the huge amount of money it would cost to replace them (because real parents don't keep score) is actually more around 75-100K$-and I'm being generous.
These couch sitters need to shut the fuck up. Oh, did I say that?

I have a SIL who enlisted (with small children) just so she could follow her husband around the middle east and keep an eye on him. Right, cuz those burqua clad bitches are so hot and so available.
If unemployed Moos are working mothers, then they sure as fuck aren't working at raising their kids. Nope, they prefer to sit Junior down in front of the television while they happily play on Fakebook with manicured nails and soak up the tax dollars earned by people - mother or not - who ARE employed.

Being a house bitch and a SAHMoo is not a job. Besides, since kids are precious miracles sent from heaven to make life worth living, shouldn't the honor of caring for and raising children be payment enough? Surely baby giggles and hugs are more than worth all that "work," right? smile rolling left righteyes2

If you bitch that you want money for being a mommy, it means you begrudgingly do it and don't like your "job." I've heard people say that when they find a job they really truly love doing, it doesn't feel like work - show me how many Moos feel this way about being Moos.
Ok so if I have a boyfriend, and we have regular sex, it would cost him US$80,000 per year to replace me. Decent hookers are $800 a night (without flattering myself to be one of the $2000 a night tricks). At twice a week, 100 times a year say -- my services are $80,000 per year. Plus dinners, entertainment, tickets, holidays, transportation, and so on. Let's call it an even $150,000 for Amethyst favours.

So that's what I should invoice him for, right?! RIGHT?!

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
All that argument/figure makes me think is "Let's do away with them, then, and not replace them."

Her argument falls completely apart when one considers supply and demand. There's no shortage of people willing to become parents for nothing, so why should we pay someone extremely well to do something other people will do equally well or better for less?

It's like if I wanted to study the history of basket-weaving in south-eastern Arizona. It might be fun for me, but just because I want to do it doesn't mean that other people want to hire me to do it. There are probably very few people in the world who can earn a living with this area of expertise. I can still choose to pursue it, in my own time, but I can't claim that I'd be expensive to replace on the grounds that hiring a professor to author my Wikipedia articles would be costly.

As a society, and as a species, we don't need millions of more people. So if she wants it to be a career, let's make it competitive. Only an elite few would be allowed to be parents, and they'd be paid a decent (but not astronomical) salary, for doing a good job.

Somehow I doubt this breeder brain would win in a competitive examination to become a parent.

And of course her whine is completely ridiculous. My household responsibilities don't fit into a 9-5 structure either (although I have chosen to minimize my responsibilities by not having children), and I have to do them in addition to earning a salary. Does that make me an extra-super-duper working woman, seeing as I manage to both have a career and take care of my household tasks?
Amethyst
Ok so if I have a boyfriend, and we have regular sex, it would cost him US$80,000 per year to replace me. Decent hookers are $800 a night (without flattering myself to be one of the $2000 a night tricks). At twice a week, 100 times a year say -- my services are $80,000 per year. Plus dinners, entertainment, tickets, holidays, transportation, and so on. Let's call it an even $150,000 for Amethyst favours.

So that's what I should invoice him for, right?! RIGHT?!

damn straight!
I dare these sahmoo bitches to offer a babysitter or nanny more than $10 per hour. Then, we'll see what they really think wiping crotchfruits' butts is worth.
Yurble
It's like if I wanted to study the history of basket-weaving in south-eastern Arizona. It might be fun for me, but just because I want to do it doesn't mean that other people want to hire me to do it. There are probably very few people in the world who can earn a living with this area of expertise. I can still choose to pursue it, in my own time, but I can't claim that I'd be expensive to replace on the grounds that hiring a professor to author my Wikipedia articles would be costly.

You could become An Historian of this and work in Academia and make some decent $ grinning smiley But, yeah, there are slim few good jobs for such an expert.

This reminds me too of some rather eerie experiences I had, further South. I was just thinking about this this morning because I read an article about offbeat spots in Mexico, and it reminded me of past travels.

Somewhere - way south - the end of MX, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, I don't remember, it doesn't matter - pick any of these - I remember remote villages, after expanses of jungle, some with a bit larger 'town square' - but still - the rest of it - grass huts.
The people there live in grass huts.

The "theme" MX restaurants, "Cantinas", that we may have seen - with the cement floor and metal chairs with brightly colored plastic cushions - this is based on the "restaurants" that exist in some of these places - but they are no Bennigans - esque fantasy.

The pathetic little "restaurant" - a crumbling cinder block structure with dirt floors. A few card tables and metal chairs. Live chickens and dogs everywhere.

I remember - once - it was Christmas eve. I remember being in this village of grass huts, and the little cantinas, it was early evening / dusk, many grass hut dwellers somehow have rigged up electricity and have TVs - so there was that eerie blue light also. And the heat, still, easily 90 F at sundown. I remember seeing the people, leaving their huts, dressed in their finest - walking down the dirt roads toward the town center to go to church. I can still see clearly a woman in high heels, wearing a dress that looked like a disco fashion from 70s era Kmart, leaving her hut and setting off for church.

I can still picture this, all of these places and images, it was absolutely stunning.

I felt so sorry for them. I felt so guilty for being an American with money. Even though I am just 'middle class' - seeing these things made me feel as if had far too much.

These people have - nothing.
They live in grass huts.

I should get off memory lane here. I suppose my point is - these yuppie yummy mummies have NO CLUE how good they got it!!!

Here's something ironic, too - I went looking for some pix of rural Guatemala - and found *this* :
http://www.partnerforsurgery.org/dominga_pop.asp

The mother's job might be tough, but I'd like to see some of these whingers do it in the third world.
Zzelda
Yurble

You could become An Historian of this and work in Academia and make some decent $ grinning smiley But, yeah, there are slim few good jobs for such an expert.

I'd have to invest 10+ years in training to be eligible for one of those limited academia jobs in the subject of basket weaving. I'm prepared to invest about as much time into preparing for my 'job' as the average parent is--I'll listen to a few books on audio, and browse the internet off and on for 6 months. After that, I expect to be paid, dammit!
Being a parent is a volunteer position, as far as "work" is concerned.

ETA for lurking moos -

1. Volunteers who cook in soup kitchens - $0.00 per year.
2. Volunteers who drive people to appointments - $0.00 per year.
3. Volunteers who do some housekeeping for others - $0.00 per year.
4. Volunteers in administrative positions (yes, those exist) - $0.00 per year.
5. Volunteers who teach kids to read - $0.00 per year.
6. Volunteers who are EMT's - $0.00 per year.

Moms, you are volunteers. Quit bitching.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
reaperess
Being a parent is a volunteer position, as far as "work" is concerned.

ETA for lurking moos -

1. Volunteers who cook in soup kitchens - $0.00 per year.
2. Volunteers who drive people to appointments - $0.00 per year.
3. Volunteers who do some housekeeping for others - $0.00 per year.
4. Volunteers in administrative positions (yes, those exist) - $0.00 per year.
5. Volunteers who teach kids to read - $0.00 per year.
6. Volunteers who are EMT's - $0.00 per year.

Moms, you are volunteers. Quit bitching.

I think this is the best comeback YET to all this "SAHMoos should be paid" bullshit!!

thumbs upwink Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou :beer hot smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
i thought raising the child was more valuable than the money?
zatoth
i thought raising the child was more valuable than the money?

That is an excellent point!thumbs upwink

Allegedly, they self replicate to have someone to, 1) Take care of them in their old age 2)To leave a mini- me "legacy" of sorts 3)To fulfill some primal urge or need. etc....................................

THEREFORE, they will supposedly reap the benefits and WE will not! So, they should be doing all of the grunt work for free IF all of that shit that they spew forth is to be believed. I don't expect that I will share any dividends from MY "investments", so neither should the moo-cunts expect for people who won't "benefit" to put anything into their kiddie investment. :bedmadelie

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
This is such a damn bad joke. To be eligible for the salaries these cows talk about, you have to have training. How the hell would putting a band-aid on a cut qualify someone to be a nurse. And how does popping crap in the microwave make you a chef. It's just ridiculous.

My mom was a part time SAHM--the rest of the time she worked as a nurse and you never heard any of this stupid shit from her. I laugh whenever I read this stupid shit come up. Some SAHM slag thinks she is worth 200K a year. Yeah right...in her fevered little dream.
MerlynHerne
This is such a damn bad joke. To be eligible for the salaries these cows talk about, you have to have training. How the hell would putting a band-aid on a cut qualify someone to be a nurse. And how does popping crap in the microwave make you a chef. It's just ridiculous.

I've been saying that for years. There's a hell of a lot more to being an Accountant than balancing a checkbook or paying the bills, and driving snotley to soccer practice doesn't make you a chauffeur.
Besides actual training, people who truly work are being reviewed and held to account for their work quality all of the time.
Are moos under the same type of constant work review?
cassia
Besides actual training, people who truly work are being reviewed and held to account for their work quality all of the time.
Are moos under the same type of constant work review?

I was thinking about that very thing when I read some Moobloggers boasting about their volunteer work and how it made them employable.

"Yeah, right", I thought. Volunteer orgs sign up any warm body and volunteers aren't held to any professional standards. If I were hiring, I wouldn't consider anyone who hadn't held a paid profession in the field.
Do people who have cats, go around saying, that they should get paid as full-time pet sitters?
I have yet to meet a dog owner, whinging that they should be paid the same amount as dog walkers.
When I was replanting my green subpets, I suppose I should be demanding that someone pay me the rate that gardeners currently charge.
Does that mean that I'm a mechanic, every time I fix my bike?
Where's my paycheck?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
zatoth
i'm sure you will find most sahmoos screaming about the huge amount of money it would cost to replace them (because real parents don't keep score) is actually more around 75-100K$-and I'm being generous.

Yeah, you're being wayyyyyy too generous. This Houston mother sets the rate for 2 children at $200/week:

http://houston.craigslist.org/fud/2334514060.html

Annual salary? $10,400.
sheila, the Craigslist ad is for a mattress... waving hellolarious

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whoops, here's the correct link:

http://houston.craigslist.org/wan/2257575781.html
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login