Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders have made us stupid

Posted by annie35 
Breeders have made us stupid
January 19, 2009
I bought a jar of peanuts and on the jar it reads, "contains peanut products." Also produced in a factory that also produces peanut products.
Helloooooo..... I bought a jar of peanuts, I expect it to contain peanuts. I guess some little shitling that was allergic to peanuts ate some and the company was sued, so they now put a peanut warning on the jar of peanuts

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Breeders have made us stupid
January 19, 2009
I think it's more accurate to say they have dumbed down the culture- they're not affecting OUR intelligence. It's hard to pay attention to the contents of a jar when you're hauling two yard apes around the store.
January 19, 2009
Seriously. Isn't it ridiculous that there has to be such obtuse warnings on labels like that? Just for the stupid breeders?

JIF containing peanut products, whoda thunk??????
January 19, 2009
I'd like to see them change the warning to: Contains deadly product that kills kids and adults who don't get out enough. Do not open the lid, do not eat. Do not try to sniff the product through the jar. Do not drop the jar, do not wave the jar around, do not leave in direct sunlight, do not even look at the product through the glass. Do not mock the deadly product. Apologise to the product. Place the jar back on the shelf and back away slowly, genuflecting and tossing salt over your shoulder as you go.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
January 19, 2009
Whenever I see someone do something stupid like that, I think... What happened that makes you have to do that? What stupid event happened that makes you have to do this stupid thing to cover your butt? I'm sure some stupid person sued them because they didn't realize it contained peanuts. How sad is that?
Anonymous User
January 19, 2009
I remember reading somewhere that a warning label for a particular chainsaw actually advised the user to not attempt to stop the chain with their genitals.

Personally, I think anyone who needs such a warning needs to not be given that warning.

Just think of all the needless suffering that would end if people who didn't know that chainsaws were hazardous to their reproductive organs weren't forewarned of this danger.
January 19, 2009
t3 oedipus kaptcha

I'd like to see babies come with warning labels.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 19, 2009
http://www.mlaw.org/wwl/photos.html

captcha fummh

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 19, 2009
All those ridiculous warnings you see on things are because someone was dumb enough to misuse the product in that way or because someone sued a manufacturer because apparently it is not common knowledge that peanut butter contains peanuts or that soy milk contains soy or that wheat bread contains wheat. People will actively look for reasons to sue like not having a certain warning on the label.

I have seen weird warnings like "Do not insert screwdriver into penis", and "Do not swallow" on a mattress.
January 19, 2009
Maybe put child-proof lids on the peanut butter jars next time?waving hellolarious
Anonymous User
January 19, 2009
Why not just put this on all packages?

Anonymous User
January 19, 2009
Shouldn't it be "label"?
January 19, 2009
(apart from the spelling error) LOL unless it was on purpose

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
January 19, 2009
I'm the tybo king smiling smiley

It's fixed now (I hope)
January 19, 2009
Maybe they need to install warnings on new vehicles bought by breeders with the warning label strategically placed on the driver's side door: "Did you remove all children from the vehicle before you exited? Leaving infants and small children locked in vehicles has been known to cause serious injury and death".

Other suggested warning labels:

Backyard pools:
"Do not leave infants and children unattended in OR around pool area. Unattended infants and children in a pool area has been known to cause serious injury or death"

Dog/cat or other pet owners:
"Animals with teeth and claws have been known to bite or scratch infants and small children causing serious injury or death. Adult supervision required."

Upper story dwellings:
"Children have been known to fall from upper story windows. Falls from upper level floors onto the concrete below has been known to cause serious injury or death. Sober adult supervision required at all times"

Back overs/ front overs on vehicles:
"Driving over or backing over children has been known to kill them. Checking behind and in front of you before enaging the vehicle in motion will reduce the likelihood of such an event"

On guns:
"A gun loaded with bullets, left out in the open, and/or carelessly handled has been known to seriously injure or kill children. Therefore, it is recommended that they be locked up or unloaded at all times when children are present. Loading/unloading, cleaning, transporting, and target practice are all among gun-related activities which are better participated in while children are not present."
Anonymous User
January 19, 2009
I once read a warning on a frozen dinner that said that the food would be hot after you cooked it. hysterical laughterz
Anonymous User
January 19, 2009
My favorite warning of all was an actual road sign in my town over an old bridge. "Warning when bridge overflows high water exists".
January 19, 2009
http://www.amazon.com/Remove-Child-Before-Folding-Stupidest/dp/0446696560

REMOVE CHILD BEFORE FOLDING - A warning label put on an actual baby stroller, ostensibly because without such caution parents might crush their children and sue the stroller company for making a defective product. For years, the Michigan anti-lawsuit watch group M-LAW has held their yearly 'Wacky Warning Label' contest (this year's winner: a toilet brush whose maker warned, 'Do Not Use For Personal Hygiene'), in order to highlight the silliest labels ever pasted on actual appliances. REMOVE CHILD BEFORE FOLDING offers the 101 most ludicrous, silly and just plain stupid warning labels ever slapped onto perfectly good products, as well as some of the lawsuits that resulted from them. So before you drop that hairdryer in the bathtub, read these warnings: 'This Product Moves when Used' (from a popular child's scooter), 'Once used rectally, this thermometer should not be used orally' ('nuff said), 'Harmful if swallowed' (from a brass fishing lure with a three-pronged hook), 'May Irritate Eyes' (from a can of self-defense pepper spray).

January 19, 2009
and they have to say this..

http://www.wackywarnings.com/

A warning on an electric drill made for carpenters cautions: “This product not intended for use as a dental drill.”

The label on a bottle of drain cleaner warns: “If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.”

A smoke detector warns: “Do not use the Silence Feature in emergency situations. It will not extinguish a fire.”

A massage chair warns: “DO NOT use massage chair without clothing... and, Never force any body part into the backrest area while the rollers are moving.”

A cardboard car sunshield that keeps sun off the dashboard warns, “Do not drive with sunshield in place”

An “Aim-n-Flame” fireplace lighter cautions, “Do not use near fire, flame or sparks”

A label on a hand-held massager advises consumers not to use “while sleeping or unconscious”

A 12-inch rack for storing compact disks warns: “Do not use as a ladder.”

A cartridge for a laser printer warns, “Do not eat toner”

A warning on a pair of shin guards manufactured for bicyclists says: “Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover.”

A snowblower warns: “Do not use snowthrower on roof.”

A dishwasher carries this warning: “Do not allow children to play in the dishwasher.”

A popular manufactured fireplace log warns: “Caution - Risk of Fire”

A box of birthday cake candles says: “DO NOT use soft wax as ear plugs or for any other function that involves insertion into a body cavity.”

January 19, 2009
Then there's all the "For external use only" warnings on lotion, anti-perspirant, ointments, cosmetics, sunscreen, bug repellant, vapor rubs, etc......Do people REALLY swallow these things or spray/shove them up their asses, noses, and cooties, and in their eyes and ears?confused smiley
January 19, 2009
kidlesskim
Then there's all the "For external use only" warnings on lotion, anti-perspirant, ointments, cosmetics, sunscreen, bug repellant, vapor rubs, etc......Do people REALLY swallow these things or spray/shove them up their asses, noses, and cooties, and in their eyes and ears?confused smiley

Anyone who would do that is not in a condition to read the warnings in the first place.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 19, 2009
Wow, merc. Thanks for the extensive list. Gotta love this one...

'Once used rectally, this thermometer should not be used orally'

I remember seeing that on the digital thermometer I bought not too long ago.spewing water due to laughing
January 20, 2009
its from the mlaw site they have a competition bout stuff like that.

January 20, 2009
Wow, thank the gods for these signs. LOL I live in an area with a lot of covered bridges that get overflow. I would never realize high water existed if they didn't tell me. LOL

Seriously. How can people be that stupid?????

Benjie
My favorite warning of all was an actual road sign in my town over an old bridge. "Warning when bridge overflows high water exists".
January 20, 2009
Personally, I welcome our great Peanut overlords, slashing and burning their way across the land......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login