Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unf. Mother's Day.

Posted by nullipar-tay 
Unf. Mother's Day.
May 06, 2011
I am genuinely happy for the PNB's in my life that are doing things for mother's day. That being said, my own mother was a BNP, and every year, my sister and I grit our teeth, and know that if we don't buy her a present, we'll get passive-aggressive hell for months to come. I'm ready to face the beast on this one, but today at work was aggravating.

A usually nice client came into our office, saw me, and struck up light conversation. She's about to talk about her weekend plans, and then blinks at me. Smiling, she bluntly asks, "Uh, are you a mom?" I laughed and shook my head. "Nope, opted out." Fortunately, she is generally nice, and laughed with me, nodding. I knew she was about to wish me happy mother's day, and I know she's a parent.

All around the office today, the employee hens in the henhouse were clucking to one another about what they're doing for Mother's Day, smug as if it were a competition. When they turned to me and asked me what I'll be doing, since many of them don't know whether I have kids or not, I grinned and answered: "As little as humanly possible."

Are we through breeder-worship-weekend yet?

-------------------------
"They will say that you are on the wrong road, if it is your own." ~Antonio Porchia
Re: Unf. Mother's Day.
May 06, 2011
Because life's not worth living unless someone with the mental capacity of a chair leg takes one bit of coloured paper, uses a quart of glue to stick it to another bit of coloured paper, and presents it to you like it's the fucking crown jewels of the ancient world.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
May 06, 2011
I got plenty of "Happy Mother's Day" at work from the women AND men. I just look at them and say, "Not meeeeeeeeee!" smug

They all know I'm spayed, I'm neutered smiling smiley

When I think of all the crap parents go through, from the hell that is being preggers to the teenage brat, I say thank goodness it's not meeeeeeeeeeee!!
May 06, 2011
I'll tell them I'm celebrating NOT becoming a mother by having my fiance screw my brains out, in the middle of the afternoon, on the sofa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
May 06, 2011
One of my co-workers asked me today if my husband was taking me out for Mother's Day, even though he knows I'm not a mother. I said "hell no." Not only do I not want to be out in a noisy restaurant with breeders in suck-up mode, I'd rather celebrate NOT being a mother in some more interesting way. Like Amy. :sx
May 06, 2011
The worst time imaginable in my life, as far as having to deal with moos on moo day, was when I managed a famblee dining restaurant. Moo day was the busiest Sunday of the year and I ended up working on it for six fucking straight years in a row. You have the young moos, old moos with grandbrats in tow, and then there's the moos with white roses on to let everyone know that they lost their moo and not only need to be congratulated for their own moo-hood, but consoled for the loss of their moo by perfect strangers.

None of them of course give a shit if YOU are a moo, that YOU can't eat lunch with your own moo because you are too busy slopping the hogs at work, or if your moo has passed on. They are too busy sunning themselves in the Hallmark moment of being served lunch and the attention seeking that goes along with being a moo-cunt on moo-day. I am sure that my mother appreciates the cards and gifts that I give her, but she doesn't demand or not so subtly expect it like moo-cunts do. I feel sorry for adult children who feel obligated to take their moo-cunts out to graze on moo day, but at least it's only once a year.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 06, 2011
I was about to start a new thread called Is It Over Yet?

My own mother is getting her favorite flowers and candy. But my annoyance comes from the holiday itself. Like so many other American holidays, it is becoming insufferable. We are bombarded with "Every Kiss Begins With Kay" commercials, and the need to "celebrate" with stupid trinkets and canned sentiment.

Presumably, anyone born circa 1975 and later was a wanted child, because birth control was readily available. I don't get it--if you want kyds, have them, but is all this congratulatory bullshit and Mother Worship really necessary? Shouldn't someone be doing the job because of the intrinsic rewards?

My mother would be the first to agree with this, by the way.
May 06, 2011
I'm far into my adult years, and I still think my Mom is made of magic. My parents were/are PNB's. I wish I could spoil both my parents silly every day. If anyone deserves it, they do. Not for having me, but just because they are such great, loving, hard-working, intelligent, amazing people.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
May 06, 2011
My moo is still alive, but I don't acknowledge moo-day because of how badly she treated me when I was little. My older sister will probably take her to the pancake house or something, but I don't think she deserves a pat on the back for abusing me most of my young life. In fact, it makes me want to :scr
The thing I hate about this hallmark holiday is that most moos don't deserve the acknowledgement with an entire Freaking Sunday...every year! It only leaves adult children open for rude comments when they choose not to partake in the annual moo-worship. It is just another example of what is wrong with modern society.
May 06, 2011
If you're married, then it's double trouble. We have one mother coming on Saturday and the other on Sunday. Fortunately I like my mom and we'll be at home enjoying drinks and homemade barbeque - not herded in a packed buffet line with a hundred other moocunts and their smelly offspring, all of them belly-up to the trough and demanding refills on their fucking mimosas.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
May 06, 2011
I got sooo many "Happy Mother's Day!" wishes today that I lost count, ugh. I even got a "Happy Mother's day, even though you're not a mother yet." Wait, yet? I know this person meant well, but it annoys me that it's an assumption that all females will eventually breed. I'm gonna spoil my Mom, sure, but that's it. At least the crew in my pharmacy box only said it to people who actually are mothers. Which, come to think of it, only two of them are, unless you count the one that's gaining stepkids when she gets married this fall.

Speaking of coworkers, I have one that's desperately trying to rehome a puppy she just acquired because it was headed for the pound, and she wants me to take it. So I might get a new 'child' this Mother's Day after all smile rolling left rightsmile
May 06, 2011
Shiny: Speaking of coworkers, I have one that's desperately trying to rehome a puppy she just acquired because it was headed for the pound, and she wants me to take it. So I might get a new 'child' this Mother's Day after all

I get to spend Moother's Day with my six birds, including my baby conure, Conner. He already knows how to say "Good Morning" "Thank you Mommy" and "I'm a good birdie!"
If I can teach my bird to be polite, then what's are the pahrunt's excuses?
He is more well-mannered than most of the ferile brats I've seen running around lately, for sure!
May 06, 2011
Between myself, my nephew, and my parents, we have fourteen animals. All well fed, clean, and vaccinated. I do refer to myself as "Mommy" to them. I don't know if I should feel bad about that or not, LOL. I have had people tell me though "Well, you have your puppies, so you can celebrate mother's day anyways!"
May 07, 2011
I love my mother, and think she's a great example of how to be a good parent. That said, I don't do anything on mother's day--it strikes me as a commercial holiday and I'd rather celebrate my mother for the person she is (on her birthday) than for one aspect of her life (motherhood).

I do think the original idea of mother's day as it was envisioned was not a bad one, but Julia Ward Howe's vision has nothing to do with the modern Hallmark holiday, and the approach was also heavily influenced by the limited roles available to women at the time.

There are attempts to import mother's day here, but it hasn't completely taken root. There's still much more interest in Liberation Day (on the 5th) and Memorial Day (on the 4th).
Anonymous User
May 07, 2011
There was this movie coming out-- "Jumping the Broom," or some damn thing-- not that I wanted to see it, because it looked like the cutesy-angsty-family-dramedy crap I hate-- but what got me was the opening date on the poster:

MOTHER'S DAY.

I had no fucking clue when Mother's Day was. I like to think at least forty percent of the people who looked at that poster had no fucking clue, either-- and that, for the lack of a specific, universal, not-breeder-kiss-up date, that film will lose money.

Slightly skewing-- I've always been perplexed by the fact that fishing opener and Mother's Day tend to fall on the same weekend. Isn't that just asking for OH-POOR-MOMMY-ME!!! trouble? Couldn't they just shift all the meaningless Mother's Day crap a week earlier or later and avoid a whole lot of guilt and resentment...?

(After all, not every mom is like my mom was. Her idea of a good Mother's Day was pitching hulapoppers at walleyes from from a twelve-foot Alumacraft.)
May 07, 2011
The stupid-ass statuses have already started popping up on FB - you know the ones - they start with some crap like, "I've been puked on, peed on, and shit on, but it's ALL worth it! I've traded business suits for sweats and designer purses for diaper bags, but it's ALL worth it!" Umm...no, it's not. And there's no reason for it. My mother never left the house unless she was clean and dressed nicely. Going to the grocery store in sweats or pajamas would've been the stuff of nightmares...and she had nine children and a part-time job! She never used motherhood as her justification to be a dirty, stinky slob.
May 07, 2011
I FUCKING HATE MOTHER'S DAY! Long story short, my fucking moo in law is WAY more important than anything else. Ever since the Wolf went up....I'm so close to my mother again. We can talk about things we never could before...I liked the bitch better before she got sick because at least the Wolf wasn't into this shit. Good, he and his fucking moo can go fuck themselves. I would love to know how I have done without my mother and did for over 30 years.

Now to moo's day: I don't care if they are PNBs or whatever. I do NOT want to hear about how some broodsow is so excited because one of her tards made her a stupid fucking card. MIL will probably go crazy over some stupid thing that the brats who are supposedly her grandbrats have made, I'm sure. I outgtrew thinking that was cute about the time I got out of kindergarten. I really don't give a shit. Keep it and your brats to your fucking self. I don't want to hear about it from BNPs, PNBs, or assholes who wanted brats but coulnd't have them. If I wanted it I would have had my own brats.

I admit it. I fucking hate families/famblees and I HATE mother's day.
May 07, 2011
i'm going to be like taylor swift. i bought my mom a mansion:

nothing but the best for mom!
May 07, 2011
zatoth

gives new meaning to the green room and blue room.

mumofsixbirds
My moo is still alive, but I don't acknowledge moo-day because of how badly she treated me when I was little. My older sister will probably take her to the pancake house or something, but I don't think she deserves a pat on the back for abusing me most of my young life. In fact, it makes me want to :scr
The thing I hate about this hallmark holiday is that most moos don't deserve the acknowledgement with an entire Freaking Sunday...every year! It only leaves adult children open for rude comments when they choose not to partake in the annual moo-worship. It is just another example of what is wrong with modern society.

While this is specifically about Narcissist Mothers, I think it's good for abusive mothers in general:

Narcissists Suck Mother's Day entry

Don't even get me started on that Facebook, "change your profile to a photo of your mom" bs. I briefly changed mine to a Mommie Dearest photo for a bit as a form of protest! I was thinking of doing a series, such as the mom from Carrie, Norman Bates' mom at the end, etc. but I figure I made my point! smiling smiley
May 07, 2011
Shiny
I do refer to myself as "Mommy" to them. I don't know if I should feel bad about that or not, LOL.

We're Mom and Dad to our pupsters but not in a way that designates them as "furkids" - a term I don't particularly like. It's more like shorthand for Female Alpha and Male Alpha of the pack.
May 07, 2011
zatoth

I've seen that pic before and actually admire it for the workmanship and engineering it took to hoist those trailers on platforms.
May 07, 2011
Dorisan
zatoth

I've seen that pic before and actually admire it for the workmanship and engineering it took to hoist those trailers on platforms.

i know, but my mom had never seen it until today.
May 07, 2011
Someone at work said to me, "Maybe next year you will celebrate mother's day!" I almost had to clean the vomit off her shoes.
May 07, 2011

That, and note the complete lack of kinderspullen. Fascinating, as Spock would say. I also first saw this some time ago and LMAO'd at it, but in a way it's actually kind of cool!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login