Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Really Need Your Help

Posted by johnnybsterile 
I Really Need Your Help
July 08, 2011
Seriously!
I'm a second shifter (3-11PM). After sweating in a hot bakery all night, I got off my shift and stopped at a local supermarket to pick up one item. This was 11:15PM. The store I go to shuts down the regular check out stands that late and just has the "Do-it-yourself" check outs. They have about 6 of them open. 11:15 PM on a Thursday night every line was FULL and every line had families with FULL CARTS! I only had one item. I had to wait a considerable amount of time. These idiots had their KYDS, 4 or 5 per family with them!!!! I asked the attendant on the way out "Is this like this every night?" She said "No. Only on FOOD STAMP night!" I asked her what day of the month, week or whatever it falls so I can make sure I avoid it and she said "You never can tell." I seriously thought it was because people are on vacation because I do stop on occasion on my way home from work to pick up an item or two but this was the worst I ever saw it.

Can anybody please tell me if there is anyway to indicate what day is Food Stamp day in the Reading PA area? I don't want to have to encounter this again. I really don't know why so many of these welfare idiots have to hit a grocery store so late at night. It's not like they can't go during the day! I mean, they don't work! I DO work and I just want to get my few items, pay for them and get home after a long hard day. I resent getting stuck that late at night behind a bunch of useless welfare assholes!

Any info would be appreciated.

jbs
Lavender Dreams
Re: I Really Need Your Help
July 08, 2011
Breeder assholes, most def! The only reason I can think of, is that they slept all day, literally, and only came out of the hell holes once they got up, probably, I dunno, 9 pm? Breeder the world 'fail' on flames

When is breeder welfare taxpayer mooch pay day? Not a clue.
July 08, 2011
Perhaps they have a website. You could look up information on how to get food stamps. You could try tracking a government site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
July 08, 2011
If the parking lot looks like a flea market, and/or you hear someone screaming "muthafuckah," go to Arby's instead.

Seriously, I would think most seasoned grocery clerks would know which day the foo'tamp party falls on, because I'd be battling to take time off that day. Try an older person next time.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
July 08, 2011
Miss_Hannigan
If the parking lot looks like a flea market, and/or you hear someone screaming "muthafuckah," go to Arby's instead.

Seriously, I would think most seasoned grocery clerks would know which day the foo'tamp party falls on, because I'd be battling to take time off that day. Try an older person next time.

I think the solution is to ask a clerk who wasn't on duty last night, because that's someone who was successful at avoiding it.
July 08, 2011
I live on the border of two states, so ours is the first of the month for NY, and the eighth of the month for PA. (I think - I may have them reversed) Anyway, as Miss Hannigan posted, I have found this out from deductive reasoning. If I go to the grocery store on the first, the second, the eighth, or the ninth, the aisles are packed with welfare mamas and their dirty, unwashed spawn. Also, there are entire sections of the store which have empty shelves, such as the frozen dinners, and pizzas, the soup aisle, the chip aisle,the cereal aisle, the pop aisle, and the candy aisle. The soap aisle is empty and well-stocked, however. So in your area, the checks must come out on the 7th or 8th. Makes sense since we both live in the same state. I don't know if it differs from county to county.
July 08, 2011
Why are all the junk and unhealthy processed products empty? ( I cannot call that shit food, it's so unhealthy for you) Can't a person get fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, etc...with food stamps? Or is there only a limited selection of items available for purchase with government money?
July 08, 2011
Ugh, what an awful experience. The employee who gave you that non-answer is an idiot, she just should have said she didn't know when the food stamps are distributed. You know to avoid the day of the month this happened but if there are other days to avoid you'll have to do some detective work. It's worth it. My mom just HAD to go to Squallmart and I wasn't paying attention to the time of the month, it was early in the month, the third I think, and it was a living hell and we just walked out.
July 08, 2011
Peace
Why are all the junk and unhealthy processed products empty? ( I cannot call that shit food, it's so unhealthy for you) Can't a person get fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, etc...with food stamps? Or is there only a limited selection of items available for purchase with government money?
Because people on welfare don't buy food that needs to be prepared. That would take WORK.
Laurel
July 08, 2011
I don't know about Reading but in Allegheny county in Pennsylvania, food stamps are assigned on different days. It is no longer the first of the month or any particular day for everyone. It may be based on the name or the caseworker assigned. Maybe try shopping late on the weekends. The direct deposit for the food stamps does not go through on the weekends. Hope this helps.
July 08, 2011
Hm, this made the news in Idaho. http://www.ktvb.com/home/Grocery-stores-packed-when-food-stamps-distributed-116984923.html

Are there any grocery stores in your area that don't take food stamps?
July 08, 2011
Oh wow, I had no idea there were so many other CFers in Pennsylvania here!

I don't know if this is a town thing or a county thing, but where I am (PA-NY border also), welfare day is the first of each month for Pennsylvania. The local Aldi is usuallybarren of groceries by 5 pm because Moos come in and fucking buy everything in sight.

Geez, usually people shop late at night to avoid the welfare crowd, and now THEY are invading stores at night too? I guess all I can say is try to not shop on the first of the month. Welfare pigs need their Fritos and Coke and will stop at nothing to get it.
Ranty
July 08, 2011
Fuck that shit. If dormitories and mess halls are good enough for soldiers and students, then they're good enough for the welfare horde. Want your WIC? Grab a tray and get in line. (Right after you show proof of sterilization.)
July 08, 2011
Seriously, why can't we just have a warehouse with beans and rice that the WIC cunts can come to and pick up their shit rather than having them invade grocery stores used by actually paying customers?

JBS - here is an article about some local ethnic markets that lost their food stamp approval from the Department of Ag. Maybe you could go find out which ethnic markets in your area lost their benes and shop there?

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51697133-78/stamps-chong-store-market.html.csp

More food stamp fraud in PA:
http://www.pottsmerc.com/articles/2011/06/01/news/doc4de5b4b7b7032352466358.txt

Entitled cunt wants Safeway shut down until they fix the Welfare machine:
http://blog.oregonlive.com/complaintdesk/2011/04/shopper_frustrated_when_safewa.html
July 08, 2011
Wasn't it Fresh Market that declines food stamps?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 08, 2011
Yes, that's it. Surely there must be more stores like Fresh Market around somewhere? Then again even Costco went food stamp recently.
July 08, 2011
Urban dictionary has this to say:

first and fifteenth
it refers to the time when a drug dealer or hustler is likley to make most of his or her money sellin crack, considering the fact that govement checks are issued on these dates every month.

N.W.A. "Clockin much paper on the first and fifteenth"

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
July 08, 2011
I haven't paid much attention to the food stamp shit. In NY the shills are peddling something called 'SNAP', some sort of healthy food for these po' folk. The radio ad features some duh and a brat. Helloooo, most of these welfare famblees are moo headed: dick of the week usually doesn't do anything. Eating healthy? Probably amounts to they do not order fries with their Big Macs.
I do not know if the local store accepts food stamps, I haven't asked, don't intend to. It is small, a little high on price, gotta watch for some outdated stuff, but I like it better than the other stores. I can get in and out quick, the lines aren't long, so I'm willing to bet the welfare cows go elsewhere.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 09, 2011
The attendant is an older lady (maybe early 60s) who is always there at that time of night. I see her every time I stop there. I don't know how long she's worked there, but she says she honestly doesn't know when the day falls. She seemed as perplexed about the situation as I was, and it's not hard to understand why. It seemed as if she had to help the idiots non stop. Helping them with their damned coupons, where to insert them, etc. I mean, they were running the poor lady ragged!!

I have to give the one moo credit for being a bit considerate though. Her and her group of 5 had a good half cart and they were next (before me). It seemed to take forever till the previous idiots finally moved away and there was no line but I knew they were there before me. After the previous morons moved away I looked at her and kind of disgustingly said "Well, I guess you're next!".
But she looked at my one little bottle of shampoo in my hand and said "You can go ahead, sir". I appreciated that. Not everyone would be that considerate.

jbs
July 09, 2011
Maybe it's a computer thing. All of those bennies that get "loaded" onto a debit card type thing are probably "batched" and go off into the ether at a certain time (sent by some state employee at 4:30 p.m., but take a few hours to "hit" the system), and since we're talking about welfare fucktards, you KNOW they be having the blingiest sail foam that alerts them via e-mail that the card was just reloaded, and then it's COME ON YA'LL GET IN THE EXSCALADE! [sic]
July 09, 2011
[[quote=twocents]
I haven't paid much attention to the food stamp shit. In NY the shills are peddling something called 'SNAP', some sort of healthy food for these po' folk.(/quote]

It's gettin, it's gettin, it's gettin kinda hectic!
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33tH-JdPDg[/url]
July 10, 2011
I don't know about PA, but back when I worked at a grocery store in NY, it was primarily the first. Other benefits may have been on the 15th, because it would get crowded then too, but not as badly as on the first. First of the month was hell for cashiers.

I read the article about the woman in Oregon. What an idiot. So in addition to paying for her food, the taxpayers are supposed to also be inconvenienced by having the store shut down because the system which handles food stamps is down? Why doesn't she go to another grocery store?

I've been in stores where the debit card and/or credit card payment has gone down and I've had to go get cash. It's inconvenient, but I'd never expect the store to shut down because of it. If I didn't have cash, I'd do without or go to another store.
July 10, 2011
nokids4me
I've been in stores where the debit card and/or credit card payment has gone down and I've had to go get cash. It's inconvenient, but I'd never expect the store to shut down because of it. If I didn't have cash, I'd do without or go to another store.

One time, our entire system was down.. We did cash only pen-and-paper for an entire day.. Customers were pretty nasty that day, and the lines were very long.. =/

I think around here (Luzerne County, PA) it is the first of the month.
July 10, 2011
pittstonjoma
One time, our entire system was down.. We did cash only pen-and-paper for an entire day.. Customers were pretty nasty that day, and the lines were very long.. =/

I think around here (Luzerne County, PA) it is the first of the month.

I'm pretty sure it is, too. I live in Corruption County as well lol.

herbalgeek
twocents
I haven't paid much attention to the food stamp shit. In NY the shills are peddling something called 'SNAP', some sort of healthy food for these po' folk.

It's gettin, it's gettin, it's gettin kinda hectic!

*doing the Running Man*

I grew up in southeast PA and when I was a kid my mother/grandmother always told me never to go food shopping on the 1st and 15th of the month because that's when the welfare folks would be crowding the markets. I didn't believe them until I was older and experienced it for myself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login