Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which age group annoys you the most?

Posted by ladybug2203 
Which age group annoys you the most?
August 01, 2011
For me its the toddlers, b/c they get into everything, throw legendary tantrums, their extremely slimy ( constant snot running down their noses like its a requirement), are constantly drooling and have hands in their mouths, followed by touching EVERYTHING, plus they bite! Toddlers annoy me the most of all. And their still in diapers most of the time, and are capable of making a more shitty mess than babies are. EUGH!

I find school age kids to be the most tolerable (though not angels) their independent enough to use the toilet w/o accidents, can do most things for themselves, can carry on a conversation, yet their not smug teenagers yet.

So which age groups annoy you the most and the least. From most to least I think for me its:

1. toddlers
2. babies
3. teens
4. preschoolers
5. school age
Anonymous User
Re: Which age group annoys you the most?
August 01, 2011
For me, it would be:

1. toddlers
2. babies
3. preschoolers
4.school age
5. teens
August 01, 2011
My list is the opposite of Funky.Lime's; I can't stand kyds of any age, but the teenagers are by far the worst with their dipshit know-it-all attitudes.

Edited because I can't read, apparently.
August 01, 2011
I'll go along with your 'ranking'.

Part of things for me have to do with where I *encounter* kids. I have no relatives or friends with (small) children, I am lucky not to have to deal with them, really.

So my 'irritants' are mostly from those sproggen I encounter in public.

Which are usually young school aged kids - say - in the 5-10 range - who are allowed to cavort freely as if Monkeys On Crack.

I don't like babies either as it's usually THE PARENTS who are the pains, and IMO really small loaves are like Germ Factories that blow and leak all kinds of toxins.

You can steer clear of these, if you try.

Don't see too many teens.

The ambulatory and hyper kids - that are constantly spazzing out and Brood Sow (or sometimes Duh) let's them Free Range? - these annoy me the most.
August 01, 2011
Aesirson
My list is the opposite of Funky.Lime's; I can't stand kyds of any age, but the teenagers are by far the worst with their dipshit know-it-all attitudes.

Edited because I can't read, apparently.

I am with you 1000%. Noisy, rabid monkeys. Plus, teenage girls helped turn vampires into sparkling pussies with that Twilight trash.
August 01, 2011
Toadlers and babies for sure. The rest are all about equally annoying to me.
Anonymous User
August 01, 2011
1. babies
2. toddlers
3. preschoolers
4. school age
5. teens

Hey, there was a pattern there! Yeah, the younger the kid the more I don't want to be around it. I don't mind older children if they're academically inclined.

Also, while older kids can be brats, PNBs will have disciplined most of that out of them. But there's nothing that can make a baby palatable. Except basil.
August 01, 2011
Toddlers are the most horrible, disgusting, bawling beasts on earth.

Second is the 13-18 set. I have had several outings ruined by obnoxious, screaming, swearing teens assing around with no self-control.

Babies who scream endlessly are the third worst.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 01, 2011
I think toddlers, preschoolers and baybees tie for first - babies are useless and seem to only be able to communicate via screaming, while toddlers do much of the same AND they're mobile too. Teens and their goddamn attitudes follow in second. The most bearable age group for me are probably the 5-12 years range because it's usually in that bracket that they don't scream as much, are capable of doing shit and listening, are not overly angry and hormonal know-it-all teens, and usually are not out getting knocked up.

I try my best to limit my exposure to brats, but the ones in that age range I have been around were overall behaving themselves. The other ones I wanted to dash against pointy, flaming rocks.
August 02, 2011
I also dislike toadlers the most. Their sticky fingers! Their shrill voices and meaningless babble! Their tantrums and interruptions! Gah.

Otherwise, I would say that my dislike decreases as the child ages. I've met one or two 6-year-olds that I could bear to be around, half a dozen 12-year-olds, a few more teens, and so on. I envision it as a graph, of what percentage of the population is bearable. I don't think it hits over 50% until at least the age of 60...
August 02, 2011
Yeah I've never been able to stand toddlers! I remember this one moo had a toddler and a 12 (nice) year old daughter, the older daughter was drinking some juice and little toadler wanted some, instead of getting her her own juice moo said "give her some! she's thirsty" but the older girl didn't want to because the toadler leaves crumbs in anything she drinks, so the drink is ruined!

I especially can't stand it when moos dump their sprog on older siblings (im the oldest so believe me i know), "ooo im tired they have to help out" if you can't take care of them DON'T HAVE THEM I'm so sick of entitlemoos thinking they have the right to have more kids and then dump it on their older kids when they don't feel like taking care of it.
August 02, 2011
Babies probably bother me the least, and preschool aged kids second least. School aged kids fall in the middle since they develop other bad habits when exposed to more and more kids. Toddlers tend to be sticky, stinky and slimy, teens are a bunch of know it all assholes so I can't decide which I dislike more.

Really, the ones I dislike are whatever is screaming out of control in the vicinity of me, regardless of age. I just want to smack their parents around endlessly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 02, 2011

1. teens - Can't fucking stand most teens these days. I know I was an annoying teenager too, but I never would have been able to act like most of them do without feeling incredibly embarassed.
2. school age - Nowadays, they're just as bad as teens. Attitude, entitlement and too damn bold for their own good.
3. toddlers - Sticky, messy, loud tantrums...I'd kick one if I could.
4. preschoolers - Not as bad as toddlers or school age, but still annoying sometimes.
5. babies - The only time I'm every really annyed by babies is when they're brought somewhere they shouldn't be. That's on the idiot parents, though. Plus, I'm sick of how everyone's breeding so damn much. I'm one of the only people I know who has never spawned. My city's population has exploded in the past 15 years and it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon. Plus, it always seems like the dumber someone is, the more kids they have. I know, Captain Obvious, right?
August 02, 2011
blueorchid

Plus, it always seems like the dumber someone is, the more kids they have. I know, Captain Obvious, right?

Well, they can fuck or play chess. And we know chess is out.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 02, 2011
Well I've never met a dumb CF person, but plenty of dumb breeders, go figure....
August 02, 2011
navi8orgirl
Really, the ones I dislike are whatever is screaming out of control in the vicinity of me, regardless of age. I just want to smack their parents around endlessly.

'Nuff said. Kids don't bother me if they just fade in the background. But they rarely do.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 02, 2011
ladybug2203
Well I've never met a dumb CF person, but plenty of dumb breeders, go figure....

All you have to do is visit a mommy board. The awful grammar, bad spelling and long, pointless stories without any paragraph breaks always send me running back to the "edumacated" folks at Bratfree.

--------------------
August 02, 2011
Actually, the age group that annoys me the most is none of the above. See, I'm not often around kids of any age, not by themselves anyway. Sure, they might misbehave and cause trouble, but really, that's their parents' fault.

The most annoying age group to me is reproductive-age adult. These are the people who have kids they can't or won't control, and drag them all over town, even to places that are simply not appropriate for their age. These are the people who have kids but don't support them themselves. These are the people who abuse and neglect their kids. These are the people who coddle their kids, rather than raising them. These are the people who ignore or excuse their kids' behavior. These are the people who favor pregnancy as an experience, sometime even over actual parenthood. These are the people act like their kids are the center of everyone's universe. These are the people who act high and mighty just because they've had kids. These are the people who want to pressure me to marry and breed, or judge me if I don't, only because it's what they're doing. These are the people who get outraged over everyday things on behalf of their kids. These are the people who hog walkways with oversized strollers.

I really could go on all day.

That's not true for all people of reproductive age, of course. Hell, it's not even true of all parents.Most of the parents that I associate with have been outstanding. Well, I wouldn't associate with them if they weren't, I guess.

But any annoyance I've felt with anything to do with children has had parents at the root.
August 02, 2011
Julie, +1 that.

In the end, the kids are the creations of the parents who really do incur our wrath.

August 02, 2011
kids from about 4-10 do the most damage in the bookstore, so i am most irritated by them at work. in restaurants, etc. toddlers make me shudder. if mr. minkoff & i walk into a restaurant that is overrun with toddlers we will turn right around and walk out, even if we have a reservation. i'd rather go home and eat mac & cheese from a box and watch "30 rock" in peace.

i just generally don't like any of them, regardless of age. i will say there is one nerdy little girl who comes into the bookstore - she is 10 and is a very polite, voracious reader who always wants to talk to me about books. she is quite smart and i actually enjoy talking with her. her whole family is really nice - parents are definitely PNBs and always buy a ton of books. she is the major exception, however.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Anonymous User
August 02, 2011
I can honestly say I hate them all equally from birth up to late teens, early twenties.
I'm not able to pick which ones I detest the most, they all annoy me by merely being in my presence.
Gawd I'm such a bitch!devil with smile
August 02, 2011
Really the only time I like kids is from about age 9 to about age 12. Basically, if they have some self-control and can express themselves in a logical way/speak clearly, then they are okay (not great, just okay.) From about 13 on they start getting all Teen-Weird, and little kids give me hard-core SQUICK with their nastiness/poop/vomit/drool/boogers/etc. Any shrieking kid goes immediately onto my hate-list. "Misophonia" (from the other thread!)
August 02, 2011
Whatever age it is where they are old enough to NOT shit in their pants or wail at the drop of a hat, but do anyway, is the most annoying to me. That would likely be the ages 3-5 category. Few sounds grate on my nerves more than the incessant whining of a too tired kid or one who isn't getting his way. The "I am hungry",sleepy, in pain, etc...... cries of a very young child aren't so bad because they actually need something and are easily quieted when they get it. However, if they are wailing and howling just to hear themselves it is unbearable to me and I can't tolerate it. I have left full buggies at the supermarket due to this type of incessant noise.:complaining about a brat

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
August 08, 2011
kidsuck
I can honestly say I hate them all equally from birth up to late teens, early twenties.
I'm not able to pick which ones I detest the most, they all annoy me by merely being in my presence.

This. I despise and detest most kids, except the ones I'm related to by blood.

lab mom
August 08, 2011
WaterLily
kidsuck

This. I despise and detest most kids, except the ones I'm related to by blood.

It's different when they're your own?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login