Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Soccer moo hairstyle

Posted by blondie 
Soccer moo hairstyle
November 17, 2011
Could someone explain it? Any photos? I'm afraid I have it and I do not want it but I'm not sure what it is. I have just above the shoulder layered hair. I do not want to look like a soccer moo or any other kind of moo.
Anonymous User
Re: Soccer moo hairstyle
November 17, 2011
Not sure what you mean, but thinking of the iconic 'Rachel' 'do from Friends, circa 97 lol
November 17, 2011
i think it't more like the old kate gosselin hairdo.
November 17, 2011
I think this describes it pretty well, but I can't seem to find any pictures.

Soccer mom hair
November 17, 2011
As long as you don't wear mom jeans, drive an SMooV, or have a loaf propped up on one hip, I don't think anyone will mistake you for a Moo.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 17, 2011
as long as you're childfree, you will never look like soccer mom no matter what your hairstyle is!
macha
November 17, 2011
Oh crap. I think I have soccer mom hair - and mom jeans :smn

But no kid on my hip, or anywhere else, thank doG smile rolling left righteyes2
November 17, 2011
I think the real short haircut with 80's poodle bangs is classic soccer mom.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Anonymous User
November 17, 2011
Oh I thought it was any variation on any Posh Spice do past or present..
Anonymous User
November 18, 2011
Miss_Hannigan
I think the real short haircut with 80's poodle bangs is classic soccer mom.
BAAHAHAHAHAhahaha!
November 18, 2011
I want to kill the hairdresser. Showed her pics too, but it's chopped and I look like a demented soccer moo/ adolescent boy. I said, "light layering". Heh. The pictures were not of Kate Gosselin or Justin Bieber but there you have it.

LOL on the poodle bangs. That was big in the forties, then some weird variation of it came out in the eighties.

Now I think if you have shorter hair at all instead of long extensions you might be accused of having moo hair. That is stupid and indicative of sheeple think.
Anonymous User
November 18, 2011
Shoot, I wore mom jeans in my 20s with the elastic until I realized they were mom jeans!
Anonymous User
November 18, 2011
I have shortish layered hair too but I highlight it funky colors so I don't think I look mooish.winking smiley
Right now I have purple in the front and fire engine red underneath.grinning smiley
November 18, 2011
I have had very short hair since at least age 16.. Hopefully they don't think I'm a soccer moo!
November 18, 2011
I have shoulder length, straight, dark blonde hair. Long bangs.

No complex "style".

It bugs me so I keep it in a pony tail; Big time stylin for being out and about = baseball cap. grinning smiley

Yes, I fear the Soccer Mom hair also, so I don't get it cut. In fact, I cut it myself!

Oh, is that why it looks like that? LOL

I figure it's OK, it's not rocket science to trim the edges.

I don't care. I've embraced being a SLOB and I LOVE IT!

I can fit in the slim hip hugger jeans also. Do not care about this, either - in fact - I think I might WANT some of those Mom Jeans!

Has a good face, hair, and bod - and doesn't give a shit and goes around like a slob. As my Mom would say - it's a disgrace!

Ahahahaha! Hey, I like to be comfortable.
November 18, 2011
I'll admit that I have one pair of mom jeans that I wear around the house or in the yard. (never in public) They ARE comfy.
Soccer mom hair? Never heard of it. It's probably some 'wash and wear' thing since we all know that moos don't have timmmeeee to do their hair.
Anonymous User
November 18, 2011
I do the layered look with a shoulder length because I have to (PCOS damage sad smiley). My hair is dyed H8 Red Fire L'Oreal HiColor, which gets some attention thumbs upwink (Pork Slop moos are notorious for having permanent bedhead and no makeup, meanwhile I'm the alien with the made up face and cool colored hair). As for the Mom jeans, I went through hell after Old Navy epically failed with their women's 3 styles only available jeans. I settled on American Eagle classic 70s flares, and boy do I love 'em! But I can't wait to get on the BC because I'm planning to grow my hair out LO-O-O-O-ONG and get it nice and curly when its righted from the hormones.
November 18, 2011
macha
Oh crap. I think I have soccer mom hair - and mom jeans :smn

But no kid on my hip, or anywhere else, thank doG smile rolling left righteyes2

I've worn my hair short since I started riding motorcycles (late 30s). One season of sweaty, matted hair after riding on a hot summer day, with the part that hung out of the helmet windblown and dry, made me go to the hairdresser and say "cut it until it doesn't hang out of my helmet. And layer it so that when I take my helmet off I can fluff it into a presentable shape."

And mom jeans? *shrug* Better than what I see my 20-something nieces wear: skinny jeans with very low waist. And WHO started the idea that it was acceptable for young women to go commando? Not even a thong, just a butt crack showing when they bend over. My sisters - mothers to those young women - just uttered a *sigh* and *eyeroll* when that happened, but when one of my nieces nonchalantly bent over to pick something up and presented measurable ass crack, I caught her in the kitchen and told her what a vulgar, unappealing sight that was. She looked at the ceiling and then rolled her eyes to her mother in appeal; her mom kept silent. Later, Sister said she wanted to holler at her daughter but knew it would fly right over her head.
November 18, 2011
I have very long straight hair (we're talking tailbone length) and I'm in my late 30s, so of course I've had more than my share of comments about how once you reach a certain age you should shorten your hair and that I must be trying to cling onto my youth. Even had one woman threaten to cut it off because it was "too long".
November 18, 2011
Zzelda
I have shoulder length, straight, dark blonde hair. Long bangs.

No complex "style".

It bugs me so I keep it in a pony tail; Big time stylin for being out and about = baseball cap. grinning smiley

Yes, I fear the Soccer Mom hair also, so I don't get it cut. In fact, I cut it myself!

Oh, is that why it looks like that? LOL

I figure it's OK, it's not rocket science to trim the edges.

I don't care. I've embraced being a SLOB and I LOVE IT!

I can fit in the slim hip hugger jeans also. Do not care about this, either - in fact - I think I might WANT some of those Mom Jeans!

Has a good face, hair, and bod - and doesn't give a shit and goes around like a slob. As my Mom would say - it's a disgrace!

Ahahahaha! Hey, I like to be comfortable.

Cut my own too...husband trims the back part. Couldn't care less about being in style or what have you...if it's short and presentable that's good enough for me. My priority also is to be comfortable...have one favorite slightly worn set of jeans that I wear all the time, so much so it takes effort to find another pair so I can finally throw them in the wash. Look like a hobo much of the time and couldn't care less--no disrespect to hoboes. bouncing and laughing
November 18, 2011
I have a really choppy layered style like Joan Jett and it's fire-engine red. grinning smiley
November 18, 2011
mazey
I have very long straight hair (we're talking tailbone length) and I'm in my late 30s, so of course I've had more than my share of comments about how once you reach a certain age you should shorten your hair and that I must be trying to cling onto my youth. Even had one woman threaten to cut it off because it was "too long".

I get this too and I'm only 29. My hair is also almost down to my tailbone. It's like some people think there's some rule that when you turn 30, you need to chop off all your hair and get a mom haircut. As long as I still look young for my age, then I'll keep it this long.

I look so young for my age that I got ID'd today when I went for my every-other-month pack of cigarettes. The woman's mouth dropped open when she saw I was almost 30! I can thank not having any kids for not aging me. bouncing and laughing
November 18, 2011
I have long, straight caramel blonde hair and I love it. When I used to work retail, I received compliments on my hair all the time. It's a lot of work to keep it nice though, and I have to shampoo and blowdry every day in order to maintain the softness and shininess.

I also cut and color it myself, but I come from a famblee of hair stylists, so it looks pretty good. I love my hair, and don't see a reason to chop it off because of age. It's kinda ageist to believe a person has to lose their crowning glory because they've reached a certain age.

I think anyone who tells a woman to cut off her long, beautiful hair, says that because they are jealous of it.
It's a way to express one's personal style, and if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to look at her head.
November 18, 2011
It's silly that the mawm jeans thing was taken so seriously because of a comedy skit. Women with small waists look good in them but now it's supposed to be a big horror to wear jeans with a waist. Anyway if moos are so proud to be moos why not proudly embrace the mom jeans? How about people wear the styles that are most suited to their body type and comfortable to wear. There are also "dad jeans" that Obama wore and he was mocked over it.

When I was a kid the equivalent to mom jeans was capris and now everyone's wearing them, even guys.
November 18, 2011
i have the classic louise brooks style bob: dark brown, chin length with bangs. my whole look is very retro, including horn-rim specs, so it works for me.

i get compliments all the time on my hair, even from complete strangers, but the truth is it's too fine to wear long and i can't wear it short because my ears are freakishly large.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login