Advanced

Cocaine Found on 9 out of 10 Changing Tables

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Cocaine Found on 9 out of 10 Changing Tables
December 21, 2011
Ha ha! Read the comments, some of them are priceless:

Link

"I always do lines when changing the baby. In fact, it's my code phrase: "Hey, you wanna go change the baby?"

In other news...thousands of babies across America won't go to sleep and insist on staying up all night babbling gibberish.
Moo me's (sniff) little helper
December 20, 2011
Baby changing stations: Convenient for swapping diapers -- or doing a line

http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/20/9586575-baby-changing-stations-convenient-for-swapping-diapers-or-doing-a-line?

By Linda Dahlstrom

Those baby changing stations found in public bathrooms often look a little suspect when it comes to cleanliness. But of all the things you might imagine would be mucking up the surface, probably cocaine didn’t cross your mind.

But that’s exactly what was found on 92 out of 100 nappy changing stations tested at shopping centers, hospitals, police stations and churches (!) in the UK, reported The Daily Telegraph. A team of journalists from Real Radio conducted the investigation as part of the Cocaine Unwrapped series.

One former addict, going by the name Kerry, told the Real Radio journalists she “was taking cocaine in my dinner times in the toilets [and] I was coming back off my head.”

Last month, the UK was named the cocaine capital of Europe, with nearly 5 percent of residents saying they’ve tried it at least once, according to the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction.

While the study was done in the UK, it does give us pause when you think about what exactly happens on pull-down tables that are so convenient for changing a baby or, apparently, snorting a line.

We don’t know about you, but we plan on giving it an extra wipe down next time we use one.

Who in the hell would want to snort coke off a dirty changing table?

The sink surfaces are probably cleaner and flatter. Or, you could go into a stall and snort it off something you have on your person - a mirror, your iPhone screen, any flat surface you might have.

This says to me that - people are probably NOT snorting coke off the changing tables - it's likely transferred from hands changing babies or minuscule amounts are transferred from handling baby bags etc.

It may even be a 'false positive' from some other chemical that's associated with baby gear.

I will be honest and say that I have ingested just about every illegal drug known to man. I do not care for Cocaine - it's FOUL stuff that's only good for like 5 minutes and anything after that just serves to make you sick and hungover from it.

It is THE "gutter drug", long past it's "glamour days" - if there ever were any - actually this thought makes me rethink my previous thoughts - because the only people who bother with this shit are gutter bums - but still - if you blow the $ on this - and are smart enough to figure out how to find it - yeah - you're usually careful with it.

A $25 gram of coke means just a few lines - and most people are going to be very careful with that. It's expensive as hell.

If I were in a toilet I'd not snort it off a dirty baby table - the sink counter is flatter, cleaner - a serious coke sniffer doesn't waste or get it dirty. Even the casual sniffer won't do that - being schooled by your sales person and others' more into it.

I think this story must be either BS / Anti Drug Propaganda - or - they're picking up trace amounts that may have got there via other means.
Re: Moo me's (sniff) little helper
December 20, 2011
I had another thought - which I think confirms this story is bullshit -

The baby changing tables are wiped down. Not all of them, but most are, by cleaning staff.

Therefor - to say that 92/100 test positive for Cocaine *has to be* false.

What is the blood, or communicable disease test result?

Once they're wiped down with industrial strength cleaners, that negates most of these things. Even Serial Killers know that - which is why they "clean up" after themselves.

And most institutions and public places have janitorial staff who do clean, even if they give it a cursory swipe; The chemical cleaners they use - if they'll wipe out blood and DNA - hell even Windex will wipe out DNA - yeah - they're NOT going to find any coke residue UNLESS these places are NEVER cleaned.

This whole story thus is nothing but fear mongering Propaganda.

Either that or they're getting a false positive - perhaps from the cleaning agents themselves.

Or, the places are NEVER cleaned -which is impossible - because even lazy workers will give a cursory swipe - and - this equipment is remodeled all the time as well.

It's BULLSHIT. 50/100 I might believe. 92/100? PAHLEEZ.
December 20, 2011
I actually believe this, only because I have found empty (and sometimes full) coke baggies left in the bathroom at work. When someone is fiending for coke, they don't care if they do it on top of a filthy changing table. I know most places get cleaned daily, but maybe this test was done during peak bathroom usage hours, either before or after the bathrooms were cleaned for the day.
December 20, 2011
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou
I actually believe this, only because I have found empty (and sometimes full) coke baggies left in the bathroom at work. When someone is fiending for coke, they don't care if they do it on top of a filthy changing table. I know most places get cleaned daily, but maybe this test was done during peak bathroom usage hours, either before or after the bathrooms were cleaned for the day.

That's exactly my point NL - coke fiends lick up every last drop.

Any full coke bags you have found have been left by mistake.

And any empty coke bags you find should be LICKED CLEAN. Such is the nature of the coke fiend, and the addictive quality of this drug - NOTHING is ever left to waste - it is THAT addictive, right from the get go.

There is alot of 'fake coke' out there too. This, I could see leaving a bag with residue. Or even a half full bag - as it is *not* true coke.

Real coke - you will not find a trace - it will be licked clean until there is nothing left of the packaging. Even the packaging will be chewed up and swallowed if there is ANY possibility of a buzz left.

I know whereof I speak grinning smiley
December 20, 2011
Zzelda
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou

That's exactly my point NL - coke fiends lick up every last drop.

Any full coke bags you have found have been left by mistake.

And any empty coke bags you find should be LICKED CLEAN. Such is the nature of the coke fiend, and the addictive quality of this drug - NOTHING is ever left to waste - it is THAT addictive, right from the get go.

There is alot of 'fake coke' out there too. This, I could see leaving a bag with residue. Or even a half full bag - as it is *not* true coke.

Real coke - you will not find a trace - it will be licked clean until there is nothing left of the packaging. Even the packaging will be chewed up and swallowed if there is ANY possibility of a buzz left.

I know whereof I speak grinning smiley

I know the full bags I found have been by mistake...that's like losing at least $20! Not partaking in that myself, I have properly "disposed" of them with the appropriate people. bouncing and laughing

I forgot that they even lick the bags, so whatever residue they found on the changing tables had to be spilled by accident. I think your assessment of maybe 50/100 having residue is pretty accurate.

ETA something kind of off topic: Not long ago, a regular customer who does that actually came back in claiming that they left their "medicine" in the bathroom. My other coworker found a bottle of mystery pills with 2 full bags of coke inside, and gave it to my boss because he didn't know what else to do. My boss doesn't do drugs, so he just gave it back to him. It was pretty funny.
December 20, 2011
NL -

Your public / working with the public experiences are very interesting to me. I am curious as to what type of places you have worked at.

Not trying to argue or dispute at all - in fact - this is a subject that is of great interest to me as I am an avid voyeur of society in general. I am also very interested in the subject of "social engineering" which has to do with Propaganda, advertising, etc.

Let me say - about myself - I am an upper middle class person, biz person, lots of education, but I have also had much interaction with "the drug culture". In fact - a very good friend of mine was a hard core PCP addict.

I am a "Gemini" and - I suppose there are two sides to me grinning smiley

A good friend of mine - his parents were "bikers" and their "work" was nothing but dealing drugs. He became a "Yuppy" (for lack of a better descriptor) like me.

These people - his relatives - are not exactly what they seem. They hide in plain sight. Sure they have their Harley's and leather clothing - but the smart ones, and the 'upper level' ones - would never be seen on a bike or in anything less than a suit.

These people dealt all kinds of drugs.

It was interesting to me to meet these people and interact with them. And they lead 'regular lives' just like anyone else. In fact - they go out of their way to *appear normal* - most of them.

Only the sloppy ones are careless. Or some idiot low level 'customer'. And if they are overly careless they will soon be cut off as a customer.

It's a very intriguing culture to me, and often way different than the media portrays. I know, I've been 'in with them'. Oddly - many of these people are very "Conservative" and "by the book".

But then again - is it? Look at the Conservatives and their gay liasons. It is, IMO, all about "The Forbidden", which is the attraction to it.

This is why too - IMO - ALL of this should be LEGALIZED. Drugs, prostitution, gambling - it takes that 'lust for the forbidden' away from it, makes it ho hum, and thus we can all carry on to more important focus.

Gambling used to be forbidden - now - it's as boring as going to the grocery store. Notice how advertisers STILL try to play up the 'taboo' aspect of it. Same with sex.

This is an interesting topic to me - "the forbidden" and how it is used as a tool to control people.

The Catholics (and Fundie Christians) are REALLY good at it - forbid sex and you get people to do it all the more. It's a psychological trick.

On a personal note - I don't take any drugs besides liquor - and only the lightest thereof, and a bit of Marijuana here and there. Which SHOULD be legal as IMO it could help the economy immensely in tax revenue (biggest cash crop in the US.) (And likely world wide too.)

It is all a fascinating subject to me, from the social engineering and economical standpoints smiling smiley
December 21, 2011
Zzelda
NL -

Your public / working with the public experiences are very interesting to me. I am curious as to what type of places you have worked at.

Not trying to argue or dispute at all - in fact - this is a subject that is of great interest to me as I am an avid voyeur of society in general. I am also very interested in the subject of "social engineering" which has to do with Propaganda, advertising, etc.

Let me say - about myself - I am an upper middle class person, biz person, lots of education, but I have also had much interaction with "the drug culture". In fact - a very good friend of mine was a hard core PCP addict.

A good friend of mine - his parents were "bikers" and their "work" was nothing but dealing drugs. He became a "Yuppy" (for lack of a better descriptor) like me.

These people - his relatives - are not exactly what they seem. They hide in plain sight. Sure they have their Harley's and leather clothing - but the smart ones, and the 'upper level' ones - would never be seen on a bike or in anything less than a suit.

It was interesting to me to meet these people and interact with them. And they lead 'regular lives' just like anyone else. In fact - they go out of their way to *appear normal* - most of them.

Only the sloppy ones are careless. Or some idiot low level 'customer'. And if they are overly careless they will soon be cut off as a customer.

It's a very intriguing culture to me, and often way different than the media portrays. I know, I've been 'in with them'. Oddly - many of these people are very "Conservative" and "by the book".

But then again - is it? Look at the Conservatives and their gay liasons. It is, IMO, all about "The Forbidden", which is the attraction to it.

This is why too - IMO - ALL of this should be LEGALIZED. Drugs, prostitution, gambling - it takes that 'lust for the forbidden' away from it, makes it ho hum, and thus we can all carry on to more important focus.

Gambling used to be forbidden - now - it's as boring as going to the grocery store. Notice how advertisers STILL try to play up the 'taboo' aspect of it. Same with sex.

This is an interesting topic to me - "the forbidden" and how it is used as a tool to control people.

The Catholics (and Fundie Christians) are REALLY good at it - forbid sex and you get people to do it all the more. It's a psychological trick.

On a personal note - I don't take any drugs besides liquor - and only the lightest thereof, and a bit of Marijuana here and there. Which SHOULD be legal as IMO it could help the economy immensely in tax revenue (biggest cash crop in the US.) (And likely world wide too.)

It is all a fascinating subject to me, from the social engineering and economical standpoints smiling smiley

That's fascinating smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
December 21, 2011
Maybe I have just been acquainted with higher caliber druggies, but all of the ones I have ever known or been around carry around little black velvet bags with their miniature silver spoons, a fancy little gold straw, a small mirror.a razor, and they kept the coke in a little clear vial. I have never been around any who sniffed it through or on anything dirty or kept it in bags or did any licking, at least not when I was present. confused smiley Coke was all the rave back in the 80's and this is when I observed it, so maybe times have changed.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 21, 2011
Well this is interesting. It would also explain all the cut like gouges on the changing tables in the squall mart I used to work for.

December 21, 2011
Zzelda
NL -

I have mainly worked in a medium-priced restaurant for the last 15 years, with a couple of other places as 2nd jobs throughout the years. That's where I get so many of my experiences in dealing with the public.

I also grew up middle-class, but have had plenty of interaction with the drug crowd. People I used to hang out with didn't do anything "heavy" like heroin or crack, but coke, ecstasy, shrooms, weed, pills, etc. Through an ex of mine would sometimes take me to his crack-dealing friend's house in a terrible neighborhood, and all kinds of people would be coming to buy like $2 worth of crack at 3AM.

I'm torn on what drugs should be legalized, but do think marijuana should absolutely be, set with an age of 21, just like liquor. People like to always worry about "the chyyyylldrunnn," but forget that drug dealers don't ask for ID. When I was a teen, it was a lot easier to buy weed than it was to get alcohol. Another big peeve of mine is unfair drug testing because of marijuana. Don't even get me started how someone can blow lines on Friday and pass a drug test on Monday; not possible with marijuana. You can also doctor shop and get prescribed lots of pills and that's ok too. Or you can show up to work hungover and that's just fine and dandy, but DON'T SMOKE DE EBIL WEED. I could go on and on...:sbx

I am also fascinated by "the forbidden" and think that society should remember what happened during Prohibition.
December 21, 2011
kidlesskim
Maybe I have just been acquainted with higher caliber druggies, but all of the ones I have ever known or been around carry around little black velvet bags with their miniature silver spoons, a fancy little gold straw, a small mirror.a razor, and they kept the coke in a little clear vial. I have never been around any who sniffed it through or on anything dirty or kept it in bags or did any licking, at least not when I was present. confused smiley Coke was all the rave back in the 80's and this is when I observed it, so maybe times have changed.

Maybe because of my age I have never seen what you are describing in real life, only in 80s movies. I think these days, the bag licking and dirty surfaces is more common.
December 21, 2011
Snark Shark
Zzelda
I had another thought - which I think confirms this story is bullshit -

The baby changing tables are wiped down. Not all of them, but most are, by cleaning staff..

Not where I used to work.

It wasn't in the contract- so I didn't clean it!

maybe someone else did- but I doubt it.

I agree with this. I've worked in reastaurants and housekeeping and if someone was pissy about the diaper changing table I didn't clean it.

Would anyone like to know how many hotels don't clean their cribs??? Even among the four star and five star places that's a very small number.
December 21, 2011
More interesting reading here thumbs upwink

Thought of this subject again too, because I was just reading a discussion of rape on another board - and it was so awfully depressing, some of the commenters "blaming the victim" as well as the types (including women) blaming Feminism, you can imagine. Erg. angry smiley sad smiley

Well it made me think too - of criminals I have known - and it struck me that it's a sad comment on society when many drug dealers and addicts are the nicer people you have known.

And parents are supposed to be some Exalted Holy Angels? And catered to with special amenities? - and they're the ones leaving drug residue in children's areas??? (Of course it could be others; IMO an un-childed person and/or average addict would be smarter than that.)

I've no doubt there *is* enough coke residue (and other drugs) to be found on changing tables - the % seems high to me though.

They should test the toilets at Chuck E Cheese and the play areas at McDonald's for drugs too! Let's have a corroborating study! grinning smiley

Could be done the cheap way, too - who here want's to go lick the slide at McPuke and see if you get a buzz from it?

Anybody?

Well?

What, nobody?

grinning smiley

(I am trying to cheer myself up here a bit, from that other awful thing I read.)
Re: Cocaine Found on 9 out of 10 Changing Tables
December 22, 2011
This is slightly off-topic, but one time i saw a woman on the train eating from a single-serving bag of potato chips, and when it was empty of chips (crisps for the UK), she turned it inside out, stuffed it into her mouth, and SUCKED the residue while pulling the foil wrapper out of her face-hole. It reminded me exactly of what the junkies do with heroin.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
December 22, 2011
The thought of snorting expensive coke off a filthy changing table is just impossible for me to imagine.
December 22, 2011
gailjefferson
The thought of snorting expensive coke off a filthy changing table is just impossible for me to imagine.

I know... it's abuse of a drug.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 22, 2011
SlumSlut
gailjefferson

I know... it's abuse of a drug.

waving hellolarious

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
December 26, 2011
I have de-seeded and stemmed weed on a changing table. After wiping it down, lol. And at work we clean the bathrooms every two hours so any coke would be taken care of.
Anonymous User
December 26, 2011
I must have led a very sheltered life.
December 27, 2011
And WE'RE the selfish ones! smile rolling left righteyes2

lab mom
December 27, 2011
Well, since the advent of crack, the coca has become tres declasse.

Back in the 80s when there was status (and before mass freebasing created crack) I sincerely doubt that people used shit-tables. I knew more than a few college kids into it...and they carried their own paraphernalia, had glass tables in their apartments, and would never dream of snorting off a shit stained toilet seat (which is the equivalent of the changing table.)

Today, crack whores sell blow jobs at truck stops and homeless shelters. This is probably who is contaminating the tables.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login