Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Christmas Brat

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
The Christmas Brat
December 26, 2011
Oh the joys of Christmas dinner with the outlaws. After a hideous set of shifts at work and dealing with various ill/depressive elderly relatives,the last thing I wanted was having to deal with with BIL, SIL, their two spoiled brats and the rest of them.
I tried to get out of it by saying I was unwell (felt shitty all day,actually) but DH still insisted we go 'for a little while'.
Oh the fucking joys. The eldest brat is finally starting to learn some manners and actually behaved for once. The youngest,who is eight requires to be sold for meat..
Christmas dinner started with our little 'fussy eater' refusing to join us at the table at all,preferring to spend his time running the radio controlled car he had been given for Christmas into the ankles of the adults sitting at the table. Despite being asked to stop this by both his parents, his grandmother and two adult guests,he continued to do this until I kicked the thing out from under the table and gave him The Glare Of Death.
He then went to his grandmother's kitchen cupboards and came back clutching a tin of chicken soup which he demanded be cooked for him. He had already refused to try the lentil soup which everyone else had. A chorus of 'Heat this up for me' then started, which did not stop until the dinner of seven adults was interrupted whilst the soup was made for the brat. Whilst eating it,the little shit
then threw pieces of bread sticks and bread all over the table and the floor.,which he seemed to find very amusing. His parents said nothing,but his grandmother then insisted he pick these up. The brat duly did,but tossed the items which had been on the floor back into the basket of clean items on the table,before storming out of the room in a temper.
Main course then arrived. ' I DON'T WANT THAT' it yelled, and began crawling around under the table again,attempting to hit his elder brother. At this point the two elderly house guests (no relative) very firmly told the brat to get out from under the table,sit up and behave. For all of two minutes,it sat there,took about a mouthful of it's food,then proceeded to give it's parents a whole load of cheek. The parents just laughed. By this point I was almost homicidal.
Dessert choice was chocolate cheesecake or pavlova. The brat insisted on being given not one,but two pieces of chocolate cheesecake,smothered in cream. After taking one spoonful, the plate was thrown down on the table with the cry of 'THAT CHOCOLATE IS HORRIBLE! IT'S TOO SWEET!' This was an expensive bloody cheesecake I'd bought specially the day before & I was sickened to see a quarter of it then scraped into the bin whilst the brat then grabbed its father's plate in order to try his dessert instead.
' I WANT THIS ONE' it bellowed. Its father then explained there was none left. Tantrum then followed,only curtailed by its mother giving the brat her dessert.
Peace reigned for about three minutes. All attempts at adult conversation over coffee were then ruined by the brat's continual interruptions and opinion that 'if there are no more presents left to open then we should go home'. At no point did anyone suggest to the brat that it was being a pain.

The subsequent opening of presents was interrupted by the brat grabbing at everyone's gifts roaring 'WHOSE IS THIS?' and attempting to hit his parents and brother with an inflatable chair. It then began wailing that it was 'starving' and demanding biscuits. When these were refused the brat simply went to the kitchen cupboards again and grabbed a large handful of biscuits,most of which were thrown on the floor and trodden into the carpet.
At no point during any of this did its parents make the slightest attempt to discipline this disgusting child,who essentially spoiled the dinner of seven people and ensured that there will be no way in he'll we will be having Christmas dinner at our house this year.
After witnessing the brat's departure tantrum, when it decided it didn't want to leave its grandmother's after all and delayed everyone's departure by some thirty minutes whilst its parents tried to reason with it, I came home with a stinking migraine.

I don't care what lies I have to tell, I will not have these idiots ruin another Christmas for me again.
This child is eight years old.

What the fuck is wrong with these morons??
Re: The Christmas Brat
December 26, 2011
When you're faced with a function that will include the brat, simply explain to people that it's a BRAT and that you refuse to come, if he'll be there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
Anonymous User
December 26, 2011
It was asking for a jolly good slap
December 26, 2011
EIGHT?? This little monster is 8 years old?! I'm completely stunned! This is toddler behavior. The only thing missing is a mess in his pants!

Why is he so infantile?? I'm not saying 8 year olds are saints, they have their whiny moments and most of the typical brattiness at that age is from mischief and lying. But catering to such behavior only enforces it!

I agree that you should boycott these dinners until that brat is under control. Sometimes, the behavior is something they grow out of, but with all the positive enforcement he's getting, he might be screaming and flailing on the floor when he's 11 and 12! Unbelievable.

:eyebrows
December 26, 2011
Bloody hell! I would've smacked the little bastard to the floor! There's no way I could have made it all the way through. :smn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you? - John Constantine
December 26, 2011
This is where a large dog cage would come in handy. Throw some bittersweet chocolate in there since the kid can't handle regular chocolate and then shut the door behind him. Proceed to cover with a blanket.

Seriously, an animal would behave better than that. I'd rather share my dinner with a hog than what you described.
December 26, 2011
Before I became sick with a headache, I would have left, spouse or no spouse. In the future, I would not have anything to do with that event.
December 26, 2011
I have NEVER met an 8 year old who behaved like that. A 3 year old..yes. Yes... boycot and tell them why. If more people were honest and just said "I'm not going because of the bratt" then maybe some of the moronmoos would get the message... maybe....
December 26, 2011
I would have smacked the thing into next year. This behaviour is unacceptable for a toddler, let alone an 8-year old. And of course Moo and Duh sat there and did nothing. I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I have told my husband we will go to one holiday dinner each season at MIL's and that is that. I can deal for Thanksgiving but will not have my Christmas or New Year's spoiled by brats. My parents would have beat the living crap out of me if I had behaved like that. Some parunts are just complete idiots and doormats. Again, sorry you had to have your holiday ruined.
December 26, 2011
The Christmas brat? It's more like the Christmas BEAST. Oh Krampus, where art thou?
December 26, 2011
Wow, that's bad for a three-year-old but EIGHT?! Fucking spoiled little shit. My aunts and uncles used to allow shit like that with my cousins when they were little (HATED it), but I don't think I ever saw behavior like that from a kid over the age of maybe four (which is still bad). I commend you for having enough self-control not to get up and walk out the moment that cheesecake hit the floor. Cheesecake abuse is unforgivable.
December 26, 2011
Should have Dermabonded his lips closed.

he deserves a big lump of coal for christmas...chucked at his nasty head.

i would not go back for christmas, or any other reason, either. if pressed to give a reason why i simply explain that brat ruined everyone's day and it was highly unpleasant for you. when he is better behaved you will rejoin them.

on the bright side: at least you got to leave him there and go home to a lovely, sane, CF home.
December 26, 2011
Good grief! EIGHT?? And he gets away with THAT behavior? Eight-year-olds aren't known worldwide for their lengthy attention spans or super-refined palates, but the antics you described were those of a pre-schooler. When I was eight I knew to sit up at the table, find something on it to eat (my parents didn't expect me to like everything), and use some manners. The kid you described is barely housebroken. Why not feed it some kibble from a dish on the floor?
December 26, 2011
randomcfchick
Good grief! EIGHT?? And he gets away with THAT behavior? Eight-year-olds aren't known worldwide for their lengthy attention spans or super-refined palates, but the antics you described were those of a pre-schooler. When I was eight I knew to sit up at the table, find something on it to eat (my parents didn't expect me to like everything), and use some manners. The kid you described is barely housebroken. Why not feed it some kibble from a dish on the floor?

I like the dog food bowl on the floor part. If he wants to act like a dog treat him like one.
December 26, 2011
I'd have been sorely tempted to spike his drink with Nyquil. What a little monster. You'll have to check back in with us when he hits the teen years, and tell us which correctional facility he's living in.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 26, 2011
I put this squarely on the parents. The kid WILL eat what everyone else is eating or go hungry, it is NOT allowed to throw food, HANDS OFF everyone's presents and INSIDE VOICE, and NO, you may not have cookies at mealtimes. A good swat on the rear for this behavior too. Sounds like the parents gave up on this one and aren't making the slightest effort to parent.
December 26, 2011
Wolves could've done a better job raising that fucking feral brat IMO.
December 26, 2011
Your title made me imagine something - a visual that may cheer you up. smiling smiley

"The Christmas Brat" could also mean ~

A big, plump, bratwurst. Marinated in a good beer and grilled over an open fire. Then placed on a toasted roll, toasted with a touch of butter and a bit of garlic.

Next come the condiments of your choice - maybe a little Kraut? If you like it. Maybe a little Kraut and some horse radish. Or, maybe some fresh lettuce and tomato slices, maybe a touch of mustard.....

With some good "chips" on the side - like the "home fries" style.

And of course washed down with a stein of good Pilsner beer!
:beer

Oktoberfest for Christmas!

"The Christmas Brat" !
Anonymous User
December 26, 2011
That shitsack would have been over my knees so fast and raptly spanked, all it's presents donated to charity and gone to bed without food that night! WTF happened to discipline?
December 26, 2011
Zzelda
Your title made me imagine something - a visual that may cheer you up. smiling smiley

"The Christmas Brat" could also mean ~

A big, plump, bratwurst. Marinated in a good beer and grilled over an open fire. Then placed on a toasted roll, toasted with a touch of butter and a bit of garlic.

Next come the condiments of your choice - maybe a little Kraut? If you like it. Maybe a little Kraut and some horse radish. Or, maybe some fresh lettuce and tomato slices, maybe a touch of mustard.....

With some good "chips" on the side - like the "home fries" style.

And of course washed down with a stein of good Pilsner beer!
:beer

Oktoberfest for Christmas!

"The Christmas Brat" !

Oh, God. You are killing me! In a good way, though. smiling smiley
December 26, 2011
Moo and duh will cry awtism all in good time, just wait....
December 26, 2011
randomcfchick
Why not feed it some kibble from a dish on the floor?
I vote yes on the kibble (make it the cheap stuff, like whatever they sell in Dollar Tree or Save-a-Lot) and no to the bowl because he's probably try to use it as a weapon.

My folks would have knocked me into next year, dragged me back into 2011, and would STILL be at the table kicking my ass right now if I acted like this brat.
December 26, 2011
"I like the dog food bowl on the floor part. If he wants to act like a dog treat him like one."

this is an insult to animals everywhere bouncing and laughing

we had a small group of friends over on christmas day for food, drinks and bad sci-fi movies; my 2 doggies greeted people at the door and after the last person arrived and was greeted my dogs quieted down and slept for the rest of the evening.
December 26, 2011
That was rather insulting. My apologies to dogs everywhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login