Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Family Kicked off Plane for having too many children!

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://www.wcnc.com/home/Too-Many-Children-to-Fly--135904158.html

Seriously? One 3 yr old, 20-month old twins, and an 8 month old? Good God, how do these people have the energy to make more babies?

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A Davidson family claimed it was kicked off a U.S. Airways flight for having too many children last Thursday. Kathy and Jason Fickes have four children, a three-year-old, 20-month-old twins and an eight-month-old son. They told NewsChannel 36 they only bought three tickets to Chicago because they were told children under the age of two don’t need tickets.

The Fickes made their purchase at the U.S. Airways desk in Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

According to U.S. Airways policy posted on its web site, an infant does not need a ticket for a seat, as it can sit in an adult’s lap. However, that policy does specify one ticket-less infant per traveling adult. The Fickes said no one in security or at the gate said anything to them about needing to purchase another ticket.

Kathy told NewsChannel 36 the first time she was made aware there was a problem was when a flight attendant said either she or her husband needed to move to a different seat. After complying with the request, Fickes said the attendant returned with a new issue. This time, Fickes claimed the woman told them another adult needed to hold one of their children. A stranger, sitting one row behind the family, offered to hold the child. The couple said this briefly satisfied the attendant, but then the crew decided that would not work either.

“We kept on trying to comply,” said Jason Fickes. “I don’t think they ever really gave us a clear reason.”

“I feel like we were discriminated against because we had too many young children, in their eyes,” explained Kathy Fickes. “We already held up the plane 40 or 50 minutes and we didn't know why because we kept doing what they asked us to do.”

Fickes said they were then asked to leave.

As the family exited the plane, a first class passenger offered to purchase an extra ticket for them. The flight crew initially agreed, according to the Fickes, but then the family was told the other passenger was not allowed to do that. Kathy Fickes said she didn’t understand why, if they were in violation of rules, the children were all allowed to board without question in the first place.

“From the gates to checking in, nobody said anything. Then on the plane, 40 minutes later, being asked to leave, now not able to fly home for the holidays,” said Fickes.

She claimed a supervisor followed them off the plane to tell them they could return to their seats if they wished, but the family declined. The Fickes also said that supervisor told them a refund would be available, but said at this point, no one from U.S. Airways has returned their messages
Re: Family Kicked off Plane for having too many children!
December 21, 2011
I would have been really pissed off if I was on that plane waiting for an hour while these breeders try to deal with the situation. I think it was nice of that other passenger to offer to buy a ticket, don't know why the airlines said that wouldn't work. There's always 2 sides to a story, so there might have been a legitimate reason.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
December 21, 2011
Wanna bet when they bought the tickets, one parent waited with the kids elsewhere so the ticket agent did not see how many kids were being passed off as lap babies?

Let's call this title what it is "Cheapskate Famblee Did Not Want To Pay Fares, Kicked Off Plane" with a byline of "too fucking stupid to read the rest of the line past under 2 fly free."

It is an airline, not Golden Fuckin' Corral.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
According to the article. another passenger "stranger" cannot purchase a ticket due to TSA regulations.. makes sense to me.

Also, a pilot commented that there are only 4 oxygen masks per the 3 seats configuration. So there wouldn't be enough masks for everyone.
Of course they are the victims! I agree that the issue should have been handled before the famblee got on the plane, but seriously?!? They seem to know what they DON'T have to pay for, so I would also guess that they knew this might be an issue, but were hoping for special treatment like parunts always do.

I would fire who ever was working the ticket counter becuase I know for a fact that a birth certificate must be shown when kyds fly free, so this should have been caught before the famblee even got through security.
December 21, 2011
serenamcn
According to the article. another passenger "stranger" cannot purchase a ticket due to TSA regulations.. makes sense to me.

Also, a pilot commented that there are only 4 oxygen masks per the 3 seats configuration. So there wouldn't be enough masks for everyone.

I have heard the oxygen masks thing as a reason before.

These fucking brainless breeders shoulda got this all handled before they brought their crotchlings on the damn plane. And I agree, the ticket person should have been FIRED. This shoulda never happened.
December 21, 2011
I can only imagine what kind of torpedoes the brats would have made if there had been a problem on the plane.
These idiots should have been kicked off. While I'm sorry other passengers were inconvenienced, I'm happy to know that Mr. And Pissy McBreederson were given hell by the airline.

ETA: The story smacks of breeder entitlement. I'm also wondering what they didn't tell the airline when they bought tickets.
December 21, 2011
If the conflict was going on for 40-50 minutes, more was going on than just what the mom is describing; doesn't sound like we're getting the whole story by a long shot. As usual it's other people's fault that the parents failed to take responsibility for their own kids. And if a supervisor came after them and offered to let them back on, WHY didn't they get back on, say THANK YOU, and shut up already? NO, they had to make a big drama out of it. Stupid.
Frankly, that whole lap babies thing is bullshit and should be scraped. Sitting next to one person is annoying enough, but forcing people to have to share their space with 2 people in a single seat is bollocks. There is barely enough room as there is, and now there is a whole extra person being crammed in and you bet your arse that the parent will be taking over as much space as possible for their snowflakes comfort.
December 21, 2011
Two parents, a three-year-old and three kids under the age of 2. How in the hell did those people expect to pull that off, even if they had purchased enough seat space on the plane? saying 'wtf' Something tells me they would have deployed the "village" concept, expecting other passengers to pitch in (or at least silently suffer the expected rodeo) and many requests to the stewards to warm bottles, remove dirty diapers, etc.

The Fickes said no one in security or at the gate said anything to them about needing to purchase another ticket.

Fuck that. Big time. I don't think the airline staff should have to suffer for the poor planning and ignorance of the parents. Ever since 9/11, it just makes good sense to do as much research and policy education as possible. It says, right on the freakin' US Airways page

Infants

US Airways defines an infant as a child less than 2 years (24 months) of age. Infants less than 2 years of age must be accompanied on all flights and in the same compartment with an adult at least 18 years of age. US Airways recommends traveling with a birth certificate for a lap child between the ages of 1 and 2. There are two options available for traveling infants:

Lap Children

On domestic flights, one lap child will be accepted without charge when traveling with a paying ticketed passenger age 18 or older. On international flights, lap children may require a paper ticket, may have to pay 10 percent of the published available adult fare and are subject to international taxes and any surcharges. Taxes and surcharges are not discounted.

Reserved Seating

If you want your infant to travel in his or her own seat, a ticket must be purchased. A Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved Child Restraint System (CRS), provided by the responsible passenger, must be used.

That took me all of about 30 seconds to research.

The drama wouldn't have reached the interior of the plane if the parents had been stopped at security or the gate, but given the number of people surging through that area (I've flown out of Charlotte Douglas several times. Even 10-15 years ago, it was bedlam) how was that staff to know that it was just the parents wrangling that many kids? In an intelligent scenario, they would have had a grandmother or someone like that along to help.

I put the parents at 90% fault in this. A few moments to get better organized would have prevented the trouble.
So they knew a child under 2 could sit on a parent's lap, but with 3 under-twos, where did they think the third one would sit? Maybe they were going to juggle them so there was always one in the air!
Has anyone else noticed the hypocrisy of breeders when they say their children are so fragile and will break into a billion pieces if somebody so much as looks at them wrong, yet they have no problem holding them in their lap during a flight? I can seriously picture some kyd going flying down the aisle or hitting their head during turbulence because moomy and duhddy didn't want to pay for a ticket for their sprog.
December 21, 2011
1 underage person in one seat, 2 people in one seat and three people in the next seat, 4 of these people are underage and 3 unsecured by any lapbelts.
Do parents NOT see an issue with this?
December 21, 2011
clematis
If the conflict was going on for 40-50 minutes, more was going on than just what the mom is describing; doesn't sound like we're getting the whole story by a long shot.
Yeah, that time frame didn't sound right to me either.

However, that policy does specify one ticket-less infant per traveling adult. The Fickes said no one in security or at the gate said anything to them about needing to purchase another ticket.
It's possible that nobody said anything, but I don't buy it. As it's already me pointed out, people traveling with kids < 2 years-old are usually asked to present copies of birth certificates to prove that the infants they're carrying (and don't get me started on the lap brat policy smile rolling left righteyes2 ) are actually young enough to fly free.

I think they were counting on being allowed to flout the rules and ride back to Bumblefuck or wherever the hell they're from and the flight crew said "Fuck that!" These assclowns not only inconvenienced the other people on their flight but the waiting passengers at the next airport wherever they were going to land. No sympathy here.
December 21, 2011
Lap children shouldn't be allowed anyway. What happens if the plane encounters severe turbulence or otherwise has an emergency involving strong accelerations and decelerations? That's right, the fucking lap child becomes a heavy projectile that can injure or kill other passengers. ALL passengerns on an aircraft, infant or otherwise, should be required to have tickets or else they do not fly.
December 21, 2011
cassia
1 underage person in one seat, 2 people in one seat and three people in the next seat, 4 of these people are underage and 3 unsecured by any lapbelts.
Do parents NOT see an issue with this?

Funny that there are so many moos who blog about how efficient they are in marshaling their families, maintaining complex schedules, and generally keeping their brood in ship shape, Bristol fashion - something we lesser, childfree beings could never understand. The family in the article certainly gives lie to that achievement.
December 21, 2011
It sounds like the Breedersons knew exactly what they were doing and just expected the airline to cave in because they have bratlings. Scamming trash needs to be fined for holding up the flight and banned by every airline.
December 21, 2011
pepper labeija
I think they were counting on being allowed to flout the rules and ride back to Bumblefuck or wherever the hell they're from .....

Welllll, I didn't want to say anything .... sarcastic clapping The article said the family is Davidson County, NC, which (while prejudiced) explains a lot to those of us familiar with the area Dunce cap

Sheriff Hege was one of the colorful characters from that county. This is how he redecorated the county jail

ETA: I reread the article. It said "Davidson" family. There's a town and a county. If they're from the town of Davidson, I wouldn't say they are bumblefuck, just likely to be upper middle class and extremely entitled. That's the Lake Norman area, home to a large percentage of the NASCAR drivers (Jeff Gordon used to live there), houses that average in the 6 figures, a college and some of the whitest white bread enclaves in the entire state.
December 21, 2011
Are those teddy bears with a tear from one eye? That's awesome!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 21, 2011
Miss_Hannigan

::laughing:: Ayup. The only reading material allowed the prisoners was The Good Book (Bible); Hege drove a souped up car with a spider detail on the hood and had his own line of BBQ and hot sauces (I kinda wish I bought a bottle. they're probably collectible now). He recently tried to run for office again; had quite a few supporters. But since he's a convicted felon, it would be incongruous to re-instate a law enforcer who wasn't allowed to carry a gun.
December 21, 2011
Dorisan
Miss_Hannigan

::laughing:: Ayup. The only reading material allowed the prisoners was The Good Book (Bible); Hege drove a souped up car with a spider detail on the hood and had his own line of BBQ and hot sauces (I kinda wish I bought a bottle. they're probably collectible now). He recently tried to run for office again; had quite a few supporters. But since he's a convicted felon, it would be incongruous to re-instate a law enforcer who wasn't allowed to carry a gun.

He would do great in South Texas, they've re-elected the same guy as sherrif for one of the counties for over a decade and he's a convicted felon.
a) lap children make no sense whatsoever. you can't hold your PURSE in your lap for fear of it turning into a projectile during turbulence, but you can hold a 30lb plus KID? wtf? it's like driving down the freeway with the brat in your lap "no worries officer, if I hit someone I'll just hold on to Bratley really tight"

b) I love the pink jail with the crying teddy bears. I request a federal mandate that all jails be so decorated.
December 21, 2011
Jesus fucking christ. It's a wonder they even wanted to fly anywhere, unless it was to have some new exotic locale in which to fuck another shitling into existence. Do these knuckledraggers even know what causes all these crotchlets to fall out of the moo's twat? It's no wonder they were too stupid to know the flight rules regarding brats on the plane. They've been too busy screwing or changing shitty diapers for the last 3 years to do anything else.
December 21, 2011
Dorisan
Something tells me they would have deployed the "village" concept, expecting other passengers to pitch in (or at least silently suffer the expected rodeo) and many requests to the stewards to warm bottles, remove dirty diapers, etc.

This part of the "village" would have declared independence and demanded off of that plane if that family got on board. Just the idea of listening to all of those toddlers/babies screeching at the same time would have made my head spin.

It's just ridiculous. There should be some special infant seat like they use in cars that they can purchase, put in a regular seat and strap in. If that plane crash landed, the kids wouldn't have a chance if they were on the parents' laps.
December 22, 2011
There should be ZERO "free seats" for kids of any age and that would curtail a lot of this nonsense. ALL passengers, including toddlers and infants, need to be RESTRAINED in their own seats during take off and landing and if there's any in flight problems. Otherwise, the flying loaf and everyone on board is in danger if there's a problem. I fail to see why kids fly free at any age anyway.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login