Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got to save up for the twins

Posted by KABA 
Got to save up for the twins
March 28, 2012
I can't verify the authenticity of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was real.

Anonymous User
Re: Got to save up for the twins
March 28, 2012
Someone needs to tell the idiot that one of the best ways to save up for ANYTHING is to avoid eating out entirely. When I lived in Japan I rarely ate out, and that made a HUGE contribution to the fact that I returned to the US with half of my salary saved up. Sticking it to the wait staff like that is just mean.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012
Could afford a $26.65 bill, but not a $3.99 tip? Should have saved yourself $30.00 and not gone out at all. (Something you should get used to doing anyway, cheapskate.)
March 28, 2012
Upon a cursory analysis of this exhibit, I believe the line drawn through the tip section and the numerical amount were made by a female, but the note verbiage and handwriting appears to have been written by a male. Inpig Moos are generally more personal about their pregnancy and "twins on the way" sounds more like something a man would say as does "prepare" when in reference to money. Also, the use of "I"....... "usually tip..." rather than "we" indicates he either had a rather expensive meal alone, which is unlikely due to his not having tip money, OR he was paying the bill for himself and the inpig cow, which is what I think. If he had been with a friend and this was the entire check, odds are the other male would have paid the tip or even perhaps the entire bill or at least half.shrug

So, I believe he and the pig went out to eat at a Cracker Barrel or somewhere similar for dinner, filled their gullets, and when the check came SHE drew the line through the tip part and wrote in the amount so he would have no way to have written in a larger amount. eye rolling smiley Then, the male being embarrassed (rightfully so) and not having any cash on him, he scribbled out that note out of shame. That, and he likely eats there for lunch occasionally and wanted to save face with the waitress. He and the cow likely got into a fight about it, but that will make good practice for the YEARS of misery he will likely be facing once "the twins" arrive. :bayybee:bayybee

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
March 28, 2012
Oh stay home and cook and wait for the 'golden twin sprogs' Sheesh!
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012
KABA
I can't verify the authenticity of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was real.

If you can't give a tip, then don't eat out! Should have gone to a mall food court, no tips required!
March 28, 2012
Yep, handwriting is much different. I hate dumb fucks who don't tip so when I am in a good mood I wind up tipping like 50% to make up for it.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012
I never tip unless someone has really pulled out all the stops, and that has happened exactly three times so far in my life. People are just doing their job (or barely even that sometimes) and getting paid at least minimum wage. No-one tips me for giving them a great defibrillation or painless cannula!

But then, I live in the UK where employers HAVE to pay the full minimum wage, and can't get away with paying £1 an hour and suggesting their tips make up the rest. I never recieved a single tip when I was a waitress myself. If I lived in the US I imagine I would act differently.

Actually on topic, this is just an excuse to attention-whore as far as I'm concerned. There's no need whatsoever to explain yourself when it comes to a voluntary addition to a bill. They just wanted to mention their inpigness.

Or it could be what Kim said.
March 28, 2012
I can only imagine them going there next time...they can expect a hefty load of spit to come with their next entree.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012
GaiasRevenge
I never tip unless someone has really pulled out all the stops, and that has happened exactly three times so far in my life. People are just doing their job (or barely even that sometimes) and getting paid at least minimum wage. No-one tips me for giving them a great defibrillation or painless cannula!

But then, I live in the UK where employers HAVE to pay the full minimum wage, and can't get away with paying £1 an hour and suggesting their tips make up the rest. I never recieved a single tip when I was a waitress myself. If I lived in the US I imagine I would act differently.

Actually on topic, this is just an excuse to attention-whore as far as I'm concerned. There's no need whatsoever to explain yourself when it comes to a voluntary addition to a bill. They just wanted to mention their inpigness.

I'm not supposed to take tips*, but I do, because it shows how much the customers appreciate my service. Mostly customers that I do carry outs for.

*this was never mentioned during training or orientation. I did not find this out for 2 years.

I'm probably repeating myself again, but if you can't come up with a $3.99 tip, then don't spend close to $30 for dinner.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012
Kiddlesskim, I think you've hit it right on the head. The handwriting is definitely different. The numbers are far more fluid, loopy, larger and heavier. The scrawl on the bottom is certainly male. (At the risk of stereotyping, I only know one male with nice handwriting... and he's gay.)
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012
derkommissar
GaiasRevenge

I'm not supposed to take tips*, but I do, because it shows how much the customers appreciate my service. Mostly customers that I do carry outs for.

*this was never mentioned during training or orientation. I did not find this out for 2 years.

I'm probably repeating myself again, but if you can't come up with a $3.99 tip, then don't spend close to $30 for dinner.

Just out of interest, if you're 'not allowed' to accept tips, is your pay at least at minimum wage? If not, surely there's something illegal going on there?

I agree with the basis of what you're saying, if $3.99 will break the bank, how come the $30 doesn't? And will that extra really help them 'save for the twins'?

I just live in a different culture. We don't do tipping here. Personally, I think it must foster a culture of resentment between waiting staff, because I bet it's all down to luck with regards to who will tip big and who won't. I bet the effort you put in doesn't really reflect the tip, which I understand is the basis of this system - if you're going to get paid the same no matter what, you won't try. Is that right? Plus, as a waitress, how much extra effort can you really put in anyway? My faded memories tell me that it's how fast the chefs cook that really affects how quickly you can serve folk. Plus, they're responsible for the quality produced. Waiting staff don't really have any power over any of that.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012
GaiasRevenge
derkommissar
GaiasRevenge

Just out of interest, if you're 'not allowed' to accept tips, is your pay at least at minimum wage? If not, surely there's something illegal going on there?

I agree with the basis of what you're saying, if $3.99 will break the bank, how come the $30 doesn't? And will that extra really help them 'save for the twins'?

I just live in a different culture. We don't do tipping here. Personally, I think it must foster a culture of resentment between waiting staff, because I bet it's all down to luck with regards to who will tip big and who won't. I bet the effort you put in doesn't really reflect the tip, which I understand is the basis of this system - if you're going to get paid the same no matter what, you won't try. Is that right? Plus, as a waitress, how much extra effort can you really put in anyway? My faded memories tell me that it's how fast the chefs cook that really affects how quickly you can serve folk. Plus, they're responsible for the quality produced. Waiting staff don't really have any power over any of that.

I started out at $9.00 an hour and now I've moved up to about $11.50 an hour. I work 24 hours a week, 8.5 hours per shift, and I've been there for 4 years. I work for a supermarket.

It's good money, it covers my rent ($300 a month) and pays my college fees when I get a class ($430 overall payment, $100-$200 for class materials). It pays my Visa bills in the event that I actually use my Visa card (I rarely use it).
March 28, 2012
What a righteous dick. Both of them. $26 for a meal, and can't manage another $5 for the sake of the almighty baybeez?

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012
Bit of a misunderstanding there, derkommissar. I ASSumed you must be wait staff.

But I'm quite prepared to accept when I've fucked up:

I fucked up there.

See? smiling smiley
March 28, 2012
The $26.65 they have to pay because they stuffed their pie-holes with the food served to them. The $3.99 tip, which apparently they can't afford, they feel they can get away with not paying because they would rather "save" for their stupid twins, than give to the hard-working server that took care of them while they were scarfing down their food.

By paying for their meal, they got what they wanted. That was fine, their twins don't matter then, do they?

If they didn't pay the $26.65, it would be akin to a dine-n-dash. But since they figure they can just "write a cutsie-pie note about saving for twins" they can feel smug about stiffing the poor waitress out of her money.

Breeders = trouble for any restaurant. This is why I don't understand why so many restaurants cater to them? They are bad tippers - if they tip at all....they are demanding "Snotleigh is allergic to everything on the menu....do you mind bringing me dishes to feed him what we brought instead?" They leave a horrible mess at the booth, titfeed in front of other customers, and let their beasts shriek and run around, causing trouble for the staff and other patrons.

If I owned a restaurant, I would have a sign out front saying: NO BRATS ALLOWED.
March 28, 2012
How is this mindset going to work out when the twins arrive? "Dear Walmart cashier, Thanks for the lovely service. I normally pay for both sets of clothing needed for my loaves, but I need to prepare for the alimony and child support checks. Can we just consider it a 2-for-1 deal? Truly sorry."

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Anonymous User
March 29, 2012
GaiasRevenge
Bit of a misunderstanding there, derkommissar. I ASSumed you must be wait staff.

But I'm quite prepared to accept when I've fucked up:

I fucked up there.

See? smiling smiley

That's okay grinning smiley
March 29, 2012
Damn. If they want to stuff their faces without hardly nearly paying anything or tipping worth shit, THEY COULD OF GONE TO MCDONALDS! They'll have to get 'used' to it, b/c that's the only place they'll eat at for a long time. waving hellolarious

lab mom
March 29, 2012
Assholes. I really would like to think this is fake. If you can't afford a tip, you can't afford to eat out. I don't spit in food but I have other ways of handling this. People like this get the bare minimum service (example: just food/drink, no-frills service) and get rushed out the door where I work. I'll also make sure they overhear my regulars getting "coffee on the house," while I nickle and dime them for every little thing. Or I'll just direct them to the price fixed menu that comes with an automatic gratuity. But where I work, bad/non-tippers don't seem stupid enough to come back a 2nd time.
March 29, 2012
Just ask The Bitchy Waiter (see link on left) how much he likes families.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Anonymous User
March 29, 2012
I don't know if that receipt is real or not, but I usually put a line through the tip portion because I tip in cash. I was told by a waiter friend that all the tips on credit receipts have to be claimed. I would rather they be able to pocket a few bucks.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2012
badgersqueaks
I don't know if that receipt is real or not, but I usually put a line through the tip portion because I tip in cash. I was told by a waiter friend that all the tips on credit receipts have to be claimed. I would rather they be able to pocket a few bucks.

As a former server, I always tip in cash too. You're correct, it means more money in the server's pocket and less for Uncle Sam. But, I write "In cash" on the line just in case the manager see's the receipt later. I wouldn't want them to think that I received crappy service.
Anonymous User
March 30, 2012
My favorite Japanese restaurant in Vancouver's city center always gets a $3 tip from me, because I appreciate them enough.

It's also what my friend and I normally tip the various restaurants where we eat dinner.
Anonymous User
March 30, 2012
stillcrazy4cats
badgersqueaks

As a former server, I always tip in cash too. You're correct, it means more money in the server's pocket and less for Uncle Sam. But, I write "In cash" on the line just in case the manager see's the receipt later. I wouldn't want them to think that I received crappy service.

I never thought about that, I will start doing that from now on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login