Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pro Lifers...

Posted by orangeflower84 
Pro Lifers...
November 20, 2012
The pro lifers got me thinking, why do they care so damn much about saving babies and so and so but they don't do jack shit to the kids that already existed or the orphanages? As soon they babies are born and grow up, pro lifers stopped giving a shit about them.

Also, this gem for example. http://prolifeforlife.deviantart.com/ I noticed that her gifs are just showing only babies but not toddlers or older kids. She even blames the victims of rape as well. smile rolling left righteyes2:
Anonymous User
Re: Pro Lifers...
November 20, 2012
Are there any examples of literate pro-lifers?

I ask because I would really like to hear a pro-life argument/ perspective from an educated, well-spoken, intelligent person. I guess I might as well look for the Tooth Fairy, huh?
Anonymous User
November 21, 2012
orangeflower84
The pro lifers got me thinking, why do they care so damn much about saving babies and so and so but they don't do jack shit to the kids that already existed or the orphanages? As soon they babies are born and grow up, pro lifers stopped giving a shit about them.

Also, this gem for example. http://prolifeforlife.deviantart.com/ I noticed that her gifs are just showing only babies but not toddlers or older kids. She even blames the victims of rape as well. smile rolling left righteyes2:

Actually, they don't care about babies. Or older children. Or women. They don't support children -- or their mothers -- getting adequate healthcare. They don't support allowing unwanted babies to be adopted by loving parents who happen to be in a same-sex relationship. They don't support properly educating children.

"Pro-lifers" are not pro-life, which is why I don't call them such.

They don't care about the lives of women, children, or pretty much anyone except themselves. They only care about fetuses.

The only reason they care about fetuses is because fetuses can be used to control women (if she lets them). And the truth of the matter is that their REAL issue is those woman getting all uppity and deciding their own fates. Ultimately, they're just a bunch of insecure misogynists.

So really, what they are is anti-choice.
November 21, 2012
They are anti-women. If you're pre-born you're fine, if you're pre-school you're fucked. They don't give a shit until you reach military age. Then you are just fine. Pro-lifers want live babies, so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.
-George Carlin
Look at his pro-life rant on youtube.
Anonymous User
November 21, 2012
They don't deserve the title "Pro-Life". I call them anti-choice or pro-forced-birther.
November 21, 2012
Not one of them has ever been able to tell me how, exactly, their lives are affected personally by any woman who takes mifepristone and flushes out a 5 or 6 week growth from her body. Sure, they blather on about "any life lost is a loss to the world!" or parroting that tired old "too many children is like saying there are too many flowers!" Jesus take the wheel, if there were too many flowers, we wouldn't have room to grow food, now would we. I've got enough on my plate worrying about the actual already-born people in my life.
November 21, 2012
They want people to have too many kids. That will make them too poor to educate them and they will therefore all be ignorant and will resort to superstition. The kids' only options will be to join clergy (new priests and nuns), join the army (lots of yummy cannon fodder) or get a job at some factory (lots and lots of cheap labor force, vying for jobs that pay chump-change). This is why these people want every fetus to be born.

Actually, this is why the priests want every fetus to be born. They infect people with their opinions when they're still defenseless kids.
I've never met a rabidly anti-choice atheist smile rolling left righteyes2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
PeaceNLI
November 21, 2012
lilin_unite
orangeflower84

Actually, they don't care about babies. Or older children. Or women. They don't support children -- or their mothers -- getting adequate healthcare. They don't support allowing unwanted babies to be adopted by loving parents who happen to be in a same-sex relationship. They don't support properly educating children.

"Pro-lifers" are not pro-life, which is why I don't call them such.

They don't care about the lives of women, children, or pretty much anyone except themselves. They only care about fetuses.

The only reason they care about fetuses is because fetuses can be used to control women (if she lets them). And the truth of the matter is that their REAL issue is those woman getting all uppity and deciding their own fates. Ultimately, they're just a bunch of insecure misogynists.

So really, what they are is anti-choice.

Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou :yr
November 21, 2012
That has always been one of my biggest complaints with pro-life, even back when I was a sorta-kinda evangelical minister. All they seem to care about are fetuses. If they truly cared about life and children, then they would lobby to make adoption laws easier and have adoption agencies available to help. But no! Once that baby is born, the pro-lifers vanish and move on to their next victim, leaving some bewildered woman helpless to take care of a helpless infant all by herself.

Where is the love of Christ in that? Nowhere.

I have to agree. Pro-life seems to be a way to control women. "Help them uppity wimmens get themselves pregnant and back in the kitchen where they belong. Make me a sandwich, bitch!" That's all I hear in their rhetoric.

If you want to make yourself sick, hop online and look up what Operation Rescue's Randall Terry has said. He isn't just against abortion, he's against contraceptive. He wants women to make lots of babies. He's also under the influence of the Quiverful movement, and those people are extremist white-male-evangelical supremicists.
November 22, 2012
And i really don't understand women who are pro-life. I have a friend on FB, she's never had kids but posts all these photos that go around in the pro-life circles. The last one was a photo with some cells and said smth. along the lines...how comes when we find smth. alive in space we call it life but not the miracle inside of a woman's body?" Smb. replied that of course it is life, it's just not a human being.grinning smiley

I just read The Handmaid's Tale and it was mentioned there that the best way to control women is through women.
November 22, 2012
Snark Shark
" "too many children is like saying there are too many flowers!" "

FUCK EM BOTH!!!!!!!

Actually you CAN have too many flowers. If you plant roses and not, say, grain, you don't eat.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
November 22, 2012
t.
Snark Shark

FUCK EM BOTH!!!!!!!

Actually you CAN have too many flowers. If you plant roses and not, say, grain, you don't eat.

I was thinking of invasive species, crowding out the native flowering plants and destroying the ecosystem.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2012
orangeflower84
The pro lifers got me thinking, why do they care so damn much about saving babies and so and so but they don't do jack shit to the kids that already existed or the orphanages? As soon they babies are born and grow up, pro lifers stopped giving a shit about them [...]

That’s because nobody should indulge them by calling them 'pro-lifers' and should call them what they are: pro-natalists. Your typical natalist is never interested in quality of life, they’re interested in numbers. High numbers, quantity, rising birth rates, number of living young vs elderly. That’s it.

Of course, you could torture them and they won’t admit to it, but since they tend not to be a smart bunch either, you could trick them and they’ll spill their guts. Just pretend you’re a pro-lifer yourself and they’ll confess to all of the above plus a whole deal more.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2012
Nothing makes me more ragey than anti-choicer scumbags. I would hate any kid I was forced to birth. So would "prolifers" rather I kill it before it has a nervous system and can't feel pain, or when it's freshly sluiced and I fling it against the wall so hard it dies on impact or suffers permanent brain damage. Because it's going down either way. I can easily blame it on insanity from 9 months of torture carrying this parasite against my will.
lenona
November 23, 2012
orangeflower84
The pro lifers got me thinking, why do they care so damn much about saving babies and so and so but they don't do jack shit to the kids that already existed or the orphanages?

found this today:

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/09/08/today-i-found-out-i-was-no-longer-woman
Anonymous User
November 23, 2012
codex
Nothing makes me more ragey than anti-choicer scumbags. I would hate any kid I was forced to birth. So would "prolifers" rather I kill it before it has a nervous system and can't feel pain, or when it's freshly sluiced and I fling it against the wall so hard it dies on impact or suffers permanent brain damage. Because it's going down either way. I can easily blame it on insanity from 9 months of torture carrying this parasite against my will.

Natalists don’t care, if you kill a child that’s good because it stimulates the economy. Crazy? Far fetched? Nope...
Birthing the loaf involves a bunch of professionals, last time I checked that wasn’t for free, it consumes a lot of materials/resources so does the baybee once its born... until you kill it. Then a another lot of professionals kick into action; police, investigators, layers, judges (etc). Jail, same thing...

PS; Sorry for my crude phrasing, it’s Friday night and I had a few... :redface
Anonymous User
November 23, 2012
barbur
Not one of them has ever been able to tell me how, exactly, their lives are affected personally by any woman who takes mifepristone and flushes out a 5 or 6 week growth from her body. Sure, they blather on about "any life lost is a loss to the world!" or parroting that tired old "too many children is like saying there are too many flowers!" Jesus take the wheel, if there were too many flowers, we wouldn't have room to grow food, now would we. I've got enough on my plate worrying about the actual already-born people in my life.

"Too many children is like saying there are too many flowers"--holy crap, someone has said this? That is the funniest and saddest reasoning I have ever heard.

Most of the pro-lifers I know are also pro-death penalty. Way to be consistent, douchebags. Also, good job on ignoring the point of the Christian message and misunderstanding the entire book in general. You make us look ignorant angry hypocritical twats. I loathe you.

(Side note: I am a Christian, I graduated from a pretty good Christian university, where my focus was early church history &.theology and Biblical criticism, especially focusing on representations of women in the Old Testament. I can also read, translate, and linguistically analyze the original new testament, the one written in koine Greek. A major reason this was and is my focus? TO STOP THESE IGNORANT ASSHATS FROM TAKING OVER, TO BE ABLE TO COUNTER THEIR BULLSHIT. Misuse of the Bible is kind of an issue with me, it makes me so angry and frustrated, and living in the South, I am surrounded by it.)

I didn't mean to go off. Most of the time I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall. It doesn't help that these crazy people think that any scholastic data that doesn't support their beliefs is from Satan and untrustworthy and "worldly knowledge," and write it off.

Fun fact: while I rarely get involved in discussions like this in public, because I would hate the barrage an unwilling person with this and it just gets depressing, I have heard a few gems.i Someone tried to convince me that the original version of the Bible is the king James version (because the apostles spoke were English, y'all. They also enjoyed NASCAR and cheap beer.),that Jesus was an American, and that Jesus would pick up a gun and shoot a Muslim on sight. sight. It's the Toby Keith version of Jesus.
November 23, 2012
"Too many children is like saying there are too many flowers!"

Michelle Duggar was the one quoted as saying this.

Just in case anyone really wanted to know that.
Anonymous User
November 24, 2012
yurble
t.
Snark Shark

FUCK EM BOTH!!!!!!!

I was thinking of invasive species, crowding out the native flowering plants and destroying the ecosystem.

All that green shit? Water chestnut in water.

Invasive species
lenona
November 24, 2012
lenona
found this today:

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/09/08/today-i-found-out-i-was-no-longer-woman

By Robin Marty, Senior Political Reporter, RH Reality Check

Excerpts:

........The seven months that have passed since I have had my last (and I do mean last) child is the longest I have been unencumbered by pregnancy hormones since 2009.

So it's with a bit of irony that I read the incessant assertions from the religious right that I am in fact not a true woman anymore, simply because I have chosen to remove myself from the baby game. I already had one strike against me, obviously, just for advocating that women should be allowed to decide when or if they want to have children, and for believing that sex can be meaningful even if there isn't some potential for conception to occur during the process. I've had sex to try and create children, and honestly, it can be a very stressful, non-magical endevor. As much as I can guarantee that all of my children were conceived equally in love, I can't say the same about the... um... enthusiasm.

Since the birth of my son (and, nearly as importantly, the snipping and cauterizing of my fallopian tubes) I've had the chance to relearn both emotional and physical intimacy, two items that are often lost among couples with a houseful of small children or an empty house two partners are trying desperately to fill. It's a task that is much more emotionally charged now that sex is for us alone, and without a worry about the "consequences" of sex that the religious right seems so focused on making a part of the bargain. We don't need potential consequences. Our family is complete. After all, they already outnumber us. I'd hate to get even further behind.

But to them, I am no longer a woman.

(link to antiabortion article "Sandra Fluke’s war on womanhood" by Peter Baklinsky)

Quote:

Women around the world have swallowed a detestable lie that a person’s identity can somehow be separated from his or her biological body... Women like [Sandra] Fluke who accept this detestable lie, have thereby rejected the glorious beauty and radiant splendor of what is really at the core of a woman’s being, namely her profound ability to procreate, to form a new life, to carry that life within her for nine months, to birth that new life into the world, and to nourish that life until it reaches independence.

The life-creating potential and nurturing capacities that belong to a woman’s very nature are most marvelous. But in the name of so-called freedom, Fluke and others want to elect a president who will support them in rendering their feminine bodies sterile and who will aid them in killing their offspring when their sterility strategy fails.

(back to Robin Marty)

Have I lost all "beauty and splendor" now that I am permanently out of the baby-making business? Do I no longer get to have an "indentity" now that my "profound ability to procreate" has come to an irreversable end?

For those willing to allow me to keep a sliver of womanhood, even if I have lost my ability to create and birth tiny human beings, I am still at the very least "corrupt.".......

.........Just to believe that a woman should have the right to control how many (or even no) children she should bring into the world is a "corruption" of our very natures, according to those who are the most extreme. Whether a woman gives birth or not, she is a "mother," according to them, just by being female. Much like the state of "pre-conception" that Jessica Valenti discusses in her new book Why Have Kids? all girls and women of reproductive age are in a state of "mommy-to-be" whether she cares to be or not.

To them, there is no society of men or women, but men and "potential mothers." Once you remove yourself from the motherhood game, whether it occurs before or after you have children, you have denied your right to lay claim to womanhood...........
November 24, 2012
"I've never met a rabidly anti-choice atheist." Nat Hentoff is one, but possibly the only one.

What finally put me over the edge from being unfriendly to abortion (but not pro-life like those asshats) to being completely pro-choice recently was the burgeoning problems with pollution, resource depletion, and wildlife habitat destruction, and the sheer stupidity evident in breeders and today's children.

The world would really have been better off had most of today's children (in the US in particular, but also in general) never been born. By comparison with past years, they are far more likely to be retarded or disabled, become a criminal or a single moo, and leech off their parents and society, than they are to make any significant contribution for the better to anything—or even to hold a job and work well at it.

I write this after seeing my cousin's 3–year-old boy, who is autistic, run around and cause grief at Thanksgiving dinner. That kyd is already out of control and will never contribute positively to society. He knows how to have a meltdown and wet his pants, though.
lenona
November 24, 2012
kman
"I've never met a rabidly anti-choice atheist." Nat Hentoff is one, but possibly the only one.

My guess is that people like him were a lot more common in the 1970s. After all, UMass professor Karen Lindsey (contributor to "Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book") described in the 1980s book "Why Children?" (written by many women) how, in 1972, her very left-wing friends were all horrified at her decision to get sterilized, and she wrote that she was convinced that eventually, fundamentalist types would start attacking sterilization just as much as they were attacking abortion - if not more.

And, from "Living with contradictions: controversies in feminist social ethics" by Alison M. Jaggar - 1994

Karen Lindsey: And here is the point that so easily gets missed by those who have trouble dealing with the concept of a childless woman getting sterilized. Sterilization is not the issue at all; it is only an act arising out of the real issue — the commitment to remain childless. This commitment scares people to death — scares them so much, in fact, that they often refuse to take it seriously until it is backed up by an unalterable act like sterilization. The very terminology of non-reproduction reflects a fear of dealing with childlessness: "family planning," "birth control." People who use contraceptives are not planning a family, they are planning, at least temporarily, not to have a family. They are not simply controlling birth; they are preventing it. If you plan to have a child in five years you plan not to have one until then. But to emphasize that hints at the unthinkable possibility of choosing never to have children.
November 24, 2012
kamikazepenguin
"Too many children is like saying there are too many flowers"--holy crap, someone has said this? That is the funniest and saddest reasoning I have ever heard.

Well, consider the source: the ghoul of Calcutta.
November 24, 2012
Yeah, it was Mother Teresa who said that. I wonder why she didn't hang up her nun outfit and have a bunch of babies then, if it was sooo awesome?

What bugs me is if you grow veggies, there are instructions that say you have to thin out/prune stuff or you won't have good veggies. So miss "too many babies/flowers" can stick it.
November 24, 2012
Snark Shark
satansbitch
"Too many children is like saying there are too many flowers!"

Michelle Duggar was the one quoted as saying this.

Just in case anyone really wanted to know that.

i tught it was mOOther teresa!

IIRC, it was Mother Teresa.

I would love to dump a shit-ton of flower seeds in these idiots' backyards and see if they still believe this crap after a few months.

ETA: Oops, didn't see the last couple posts. Ghoul of Calcutta! waving hellolarious
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login