Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders and animals

Posted by freedomchick 
Breeders and animals
March 05, 2013
I had to put down my 16 year old cat last night... She had a stroke. Since many of my friends knew her and cat sat for her over the years, I posted about it on Facebook so they would know. With the exception of one person, who is my riding instructor and an animal lover, not ONE breeder amongst my friends has even said they are sorry or "that sucks." Lots of comments from non-breeders. Are all breeders so heartless? Let one of their brats get the sniffles and it's a major event, but this they can't even offer sympathy on. Don't mistake me, I didn't post the news to get sympathy, but the lack of response from some of these folks is amazing. I can't decide if I am going to unfriend most of them or wait til they post about their kids and then comment about how I would care about little Jimmy, if only they hadn't been such heartless f***s when I was hurting.
Re: Breeders and animals
March 05, 2013
That is typical. Their attitude is it is "just an animal" but let them suffer a late period, miscarriage and you would think they lost an actual living sentient being like a parent.

As I once said I had one of these as a coworker. "It was just a cat, not like you can't get another one. Then wifey got a late period. I said it wasn't like they lost a REAL kid and they can always have more.

I vote unfriend if they are close--they should know better. Acquaintances may get a pass though I may block their news feeds.

Sorry about your furfriend. Hugs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 05, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear that. Our pets are as much a part of our families as anybody and it hurts so much to see them go.

I am not surprised the breeders couldn't care less though, if it doesn't revolve around them or their brats they don't give a shit. If a member of their family dies more than likely they only feel sad because that person used to do things which benefit them in some way. (Money, free babysitters etc.)
Anonymous User
March 05, 2013
I'm so sorry. sad smiley Take good care of yourself, freedomchick.

Doesn't surprise me either. Look at the way most breeders treat their OWN animals -- like nothing but mobile furniture decorations. Slightest hint of an issue (which is usually caused by their neglect) and Fluffy goes out the door to be killed. Or sometimes, simply because the animal grew up and they're "not cute" anymore.

Bleh, just heartless. angry smiley
March 05, 2013
Condolences. Start Watching. If one of them post something about their kid - watch the ohter breeders try and top it.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dear kitty. It's been 10 years since I lost my beloved poodle. That pain never goes away. friendly hug

As far as the breeders, I'd unfriend them. You know they're self centered idiots. smile rolling left righteyes2

jbs
March 05, 2013
My condolences on the loss of your purry.

As my mother-in-law has aged and lost the filter that keeps people from making inappropriate remarks, I've begun to learn how much she has resented the place our animals have in the lives of Dh and I. She didn't want animals around when Dh was growing up, so he really wasn't introduced to the emotional benefits of critters until we married. These days, when he visits his mother, any mention of our pets; how much he loves having them around; puts MIL in a definite snit fit.

I understand that not everyone can be a critter person, but it's just plain decency for them to acknowledge that it is a loss to us when we lose one of our pets. If someone can't take 60 seconds to compose a short "I'm sorry for your loss" message, then I wouldn't blame you if you instituted a state of detachment from them.
March 05, 2013
I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy. sad smiley Not that I'm trying to justify their lack of response to your post, but could it be that some of them feel that since you don't respond to their breederlicious statuses (I assume, of course), they don't feel they should do the same? Again, I'm not saying this is a good excuse; I'm sure if one of them had a kid in the hospital or if they lost a child, you wouldn't hesitate to offer your condolences.

I don't know why breeders have such a shitty attitude about pets (or animals in general). Growing up, I can't count how many times I heard "it's just a dog/cat/etc".

I wish there was a law against breeders owning pets.
Anonymous User
March 05, 2013
Dorisan
As my mother-in-law has aged and lost the filter that keeps people from making inappropriate remarks, I've begun to learn how much she has resented the place our animals have in the lives of Dh and I. She didn't want animals around when Dh was growing up, so he really wasn't introduced to the emotional benefits of critters until we married. These days, when he visits his mother, any mention of our pets; how much he loves having them around; puts MIL in a definite snit fit.

Just out of curiosity... why?
March 05, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your loss freedomchick. sad smiley

It doesn't surprise me that the breeders on Fakebook wouldn't say anything. If it isn't a chyllld or a mooo who has become ill or passed away, they just don't care. Animals are just animals and don't matter to them. I am glad you are getting some support from your non-breeder friends.
March 05, 2013
I'm sorry about the passing of your friend. Try to remember the good times you had with her and pamper yourself for a few weeks.

I think the reaction to the death of a pet is one of the distintive differences between breeders and PNBs. When we put down our 17 year old Maine Coon (after a long bout with diabetes), our PNB friends treated it like a death in the family. They had animals themselves that they considered part of the family. They took us out and cheered us up and called every day to make sure we were all right. They celebrated with us when we adopted the two we have now. But those are PNBs. More people like them in this world and this forum would be called "Life With Fur Babies" or something like that.
March 05, 2013
freedomchick
I had to put down my 16 year old cat last night... She had a stroke. Since many of my friends knew her and cat sat for her over the years, I posted about it on Facebook so they would know. With the exception of one person, who is my riding instructor and an animal lover, not ONE breeder amongst my friends has even said they are sorry or "that sucks." Lots of comments from non-breeders. Are all breeders so heartless? Let one of their brats get the sniffles and it's a major event, but this they can't even offer sympathy on. Don't mistake me, I didn't post the news to get sympathy, but the lack of response from some of these folks is amazing. I can't decide if I am going to unfriend most of them or wait til they post about their kids and then comment about how I would care about little Jimmy, if only they hadn't been such heartless f***s when I was hurting.

I am sorry about your cat. sad smiley

But it is time for you to do some housecleaning with regards to your friends list.

I have done this in my personal life as well. I find that most breeders are just not worth associating with. They are heartless, brainless and if you dare do anything other than worship your own parents, the fangs come out. I just don't like dealing with stupid people. You put up with retards enough when you go out in public to conduct your business. You should not have to deal with that in your personal circle as well.

If you wait and post a comment about their kids, they will just dismiss you as petty. Snip the bastards from the list and be done with it.
March 05, 2013
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved cat. I have lost them over the course of my lifetime.. and yes, the pain never really goes away. It is a wound that scabs over..,. and sometimes the scab comes off...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 05, 2013
I'm sorry for your loss.
Personally, a little animal that was your furbaby for 16 years inpires a much greater sense of loss in me than someone's miscarriage. Even if they "knew" the fetus for 9 whole months. 16 years is still longer than 9 months. It's never "just an animal," and no one should make you feel that way. My own personal religious viewpoint here is that animals have souls just like we do. You know the quote “The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?"” (Jeremy Bentham). So true. Anyway, getting off my soapbox now, and I am truly sorry for your pain and the loss of your little cat. She was lucky to have you in this world.
Anonymous User
March 05, 2013
I'm so sorry about your kitty. It feels like having an internal organ removed without anesthetic.

Of course, breeders are fucking assholes who only care about themselves and their sticky bipedal critters, and since you didn't push your beloved family member out of your funhole, it does not qualify for sympathy wrt most of society. Those ppl, you can cut off... and don't feel badly about it. I wouldn't.
March 05, 2013
Poor purbaby. This is the worst part of having furry companions. Take care of yourself and stay away from animal shelters for the next few weeks until you feel less raw.
March 05, 2013
Freedom, I am so sorry about you losing your beloved cat. One day you will be together again. She was very fortunate to have you all these years. Take all the time you need to grieve. We all care about you here. If you wish to have a sympathetic ear, you can pm me your phone number. Hugs.
March 05, 2013
My condolences. Forty years ago I lost the best cat in the world when he was only four, and I still miss him more than I do a horde of my dead relatives. Remember the good times and the good life you gave your furbaby. We all acknowledge your grief and wish you the best.
Anonymous User
March 05, 2013
Sorry about your loss and I'm sorry those retards feel that this is something okay to ignore. They're jerkoffs.
March 05, 2013
I'm really sorry to hear it.

I agree with the others- this is a good opportunity to reconsider the people on your friends list, and whether they deserve to be there.
March 05, 2013
Oh wow, I am so sorry about your baby kitty. I had to euthanize my 14 year old kitty in December because of cancer. It was awful.

I can also tell you, a a vet tech, that breeders are the worst pet people EVER. They own pets to either be a "replacement" for children before they breed, to keep up with the Joneses or to keep the kids happy. None of it is to EVER just be in the company of an animal.
March 05, 2013
surgicalvetnurse
I can also tell you, a a vet tech, that breeders are the worst pet people EVER. They own pets to either be a "replacement" for children before they breed, to keep up with the Joneses or to keep the kids happy. None of it is to EVER just be in the company of an animal.

I can't even count the number of animals that have been dumped off at the humane society I work at because the worthless owners are about to have their first brat and don't want the pets around anymore. It sends me into a rage every time.
March 05, 2013
So sorry for your kitty sad smiley Take care
March 05, 2013
It's not just animals. If breeders give any sort of condolences on somebody's loss of a child (like, actual child, not a damn miscarriage), they only somehow relate back to themselves (like the loss is the same as their miscarriage or that it could have been their own shitling so "as a moo," they're so so sorry).

Hell, breeders will toss aside their own children when they get a new man and have "one of their own." Breeders are just fickle assholes and should be disregarded like the trash they are.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
March 05, 2013
I am so sorry about your little furbaby. friendly hug

Unfriend every one of those fucking breeders.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login