Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pressure for grandchildren

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Pressure for grandchildren
August 02, 2013
Partner got a vasectomy literally two days ago and whilst we're both happy about it, i suspect his family may not share in our joy.....

When FIL was told ages agos that we wouldnt be having any children, and that FI would be having a vasectomy, his first words were, "oh, but i would have liked more grandchildren."

WTF!?

This man cant cope with the three he already has and is in bad health as it is, along with his housebound wife.

And it came to light that he really wants a golden grandpenis!

How fucking selfish is that?!! Was that all FIL saw when he first met me? a walking baby oven to produce more babies??

so whilst im pissed off at that, it gets better.....

At the beginning of the year, SIL cornered me in the kitchen and told me her kids were disappointed that they wouldnt have a cousin to play with and i should have at least one. :hs

This women isnt exactly a shining beacon for motherhood, so i was stunned when she had the nerve to say that.

Why the fuck would i have a child when i would get no support from either set of family and i didnt want one to begin with?

Still, once ive saved up enough, im getting my sterilisation done privately!!!!

Thanks for listening to my rant!
Re: Pressure for grandchildren
August 02, 2013
If they want it so badly, maybe they should have it - take care of it 24/7 for the next 18 years, be financially responsible for it, grow it in one of their bodies...

Nah. I still wouldn't do it.
August 02, 2013
OMFG!! People actually do that? I heard of indirect pressure like making snarky comments but cornering someone to make them feel guilt for not doing something they don't want to do in the first place? That's another level of craziness... Step away... Become emotionally distant when these people start pressuring. Just turn off your brain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
Anonymous User
August 02, 2013
It irritates the hell out of me how people throw out the old, "Oh, you MUST have a child/children!", like it's no big god damned deal! It's like these assholes think of spitting out grub-worms as if they are debating on whether or not to buy a fucking Xbox or something. It seems like no matter how many times you affirm your CF status, people just refuse to listen to reason.

Concluding note: People are fucking dicks, lol.
Anonymous User
August 02, 2013
angrybitch

At the beginning of the year, SIL cornered me in the kitchen and told me her kids were disappointed that they wouldnt have a cousin to play with and i should have at least one. :hs

This women isnt exactly a shining beacon for motherhood, so i was stunned when she had the nerve to say that.

Christ! Sounds like we share the same SIL, mine did exactly the same thing. Her exact words were "Now that your niece is here, do you think you could tone down your hate of children because she would love a little cousin to play with!" I nearly lamped her, especially when she is forever dumping her child on anyone who'll have it and swans off on holiday with my brother. No word of a lie she is on her third holiday this year while the child stays with my Sister in Law's mother (who in turn is a massive breeder herself and shat out 4 kids) and she is always in the pub. She smoked and drank for the whole of her pignasty and then has the bare faced cheek to take the piss out of me when I was in hospital with kidney stones saying that I'd brought on myself due to the fact I like a G&T now and then.

I find it pretty immature that she has to resort to petty comments, and it's sad that someone who is only 24 is so set on following the life script to the letter while berating anyone who is in the slightest way different.

Funnily enough I don't get any shit about producing grandparents from either my parents or my grandparents but I always get in the neck from my brother and his breederific wife. Both of which I hasten to add are younger than me. I'm happy being the crazy dog lady...
August 02, 2013
terrierist activity
angrybitch

Christ! Sounds like we share the same SIL, mine did exactly the same thing. Her exact words were "Now that your niece is here, do you think you could tone down your hate of children because she would love a little cousin to play with!" I nearly lamped her, especially when she is forever dumping her child on anyone who'll have it and swans off on holiday with my brother. No word of a lie she is on her third holiday this year while the child stays with my Sister in Law's mother (who in turn is a massive breeder herself and shat out 4 kids) and she is always in the pub. She smoked and drank for the whole of her pignasty and then has the bare faced cheek to take the piss out of me when I was in hospital with kidney stones saying that I'd brought on myself due to the fact I like a G&T now and then.

I find it pretty immature that she has to resort to petty comments, and it's sad that someone who is only 24 is so set on following the life script to the letter while berating anyone who is in the slightest way different.

Funnily enough I don't get any shit about producing grandparents from either my parents or my grandparents but I always get in the neck from my brother and his breederific wife. Both of which I hasten to add are younger than me. I'm happy being the crazy dog lady...

I'm starting to feel pretty lucky. The women on my family wait til they're in their 30 and stable to have children, plus there is no pressure whatsoever. The only pressure comes from their friends and colleagues. I have a feeling most of them would be cf if the pressure wasn't so high.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
Anonymous User
August 02, 2013
I wouldn't call that pressure. That's harassment.
August 02, 2013
Get you inlaws each a reborn doll for their next birthdays.
August 02, 2013
satansbitch
Get you inlaws each a reborn doll for their next birthdays.

waving hellolarious

Everybody wins!

---
"Yes, fellow readers, nothing says 'devoted father of a special needs kid' quite like drinking, snorting cocaine, and then taking the boat out for a spin."
- Tiquer
August 02, 2013
This reminds me so much of Wednesday's "Annie's Mailbox":

Dear Annie: My husband, "Scott," and I have been married for three years, and our families keep asking when we're going to have children. It's all they talk about.

I just became a licensed physician's assistant, and Scott was accepted into an Ivy League doctoral program. No congratulations or kudos for either of us. Scott's friends held a small celebratory barbeque, and we invited his sisters and parents. All they did was talk about how we'll never have time for kids with such busy careers. At my sister's bridal shower, my aunt asked whether Scott and I were having fertility problems. I pointed out that I'm only 28, and she laughed and said, "Better hurry up!"

Scott and I have a lot of student debt. We spent a lot of time apart during our studies and are now finally able to make time for each other and start putting away for the future. I mentioned to my parents that we were going on a cruise this summer, and my mother got all excited, assuming we were planning to get pregnant. I was dumbfounded and didn't respond. She later told her friends that we were "trying," and several of them contacted me with congratulations.

I do not understand this fascination with my sex life. It's embarrassing and annoying. We have a big family reunion coming up for Scott's grandmother's 80th birthday, and his sisters have told me that if they don't see a bump, they'll lock us in the closet and not let us out until I'm pregnant. I no longer want to attend, and Scott feels trapped. I'm at the end of my politeness rope. What should I do? — Leave Us Alone

[Dear Leave: You have to be more assertive and less nice to these amazingly rude, intrusive people. Tell them, "We're sorry if you are disappointed, but the topic of pregnancy is not under discussion. Scott and I will decide when to start a family. If you persist in bringing up the subject, we will be forced to leave." Then ignore all angry comments in response and leave if you need to.

Angrybitch, I think Annie's response would serve you well too.
Tell the in-laws to mind their own damn business!

jbs
Anonymous User
August 02, 2013
Don't hesitate to be honest about it all. None of their damn business

I'm glad Im not in this situation...at least not yet!
Anonymous User
August 03, 2013
Sadly, this isn't surprisingly. Breeders are incredibly self-involved, and they want everyone else to share in their misery. They see their own children as nothing but a tool to serve them.

If they want another brat so bad, they can have one of their own. I bet they wouldn't be so happy if you sprogged and then dropped it on their doorstep for them to deal with.

You have no obligation to serve as someone else's brood mare, meet someone else expectations about "carrying on the family name" or giving them a playmate.
August 03, 2013
Some of this reminds me of something my breederific Mother In Law said several years ago regarding my husband and me being her, "last chance" to provide her with a grand daughter. There was something on the news about a 60 y/o woman being the surrogate for her son and daughter in law's loaf with a successful outcome, if anyone can call a woman carrying her own grandbrat to term a "success". Anyway, she said, "OH! I absolutely WOULD do that for you, since you don't want to have a baby, if I still had a uterus!". Well, that one sentence was bulging at the seams offensive to me for many reasons, but the main two reasons it highly offended me are as follows:

1)It's her assumption the ONLY reason I am childfree is because I simply don't want to "have a baby", when that is only one of many reasons, and I find that condescending and insulting

2)She used that opportunity to go into the reason she doesn't have a uterus and that's a worn out story of how my husband was "too big" and ripped her uterus apart in childbirth. Therefore, she was unable to shit that houseful of kids she had always wanted AS IF he is responsible for her hysterectomy at age 20.

:headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
August 03, 2013

Dear Leave: You have to be more assertive and less nice to these amazingly rude, intrusive people. Tell them, "We're sorry if you are disappointed, but the topic of pregnancy is not under discussion. Scott and I will decide when or if to start a family have children. If you persist in bringing up the subject, we will be forced to leave." Then ignore all angry comments in response and leave if you need to.

Annie's response needs a little editing.
Anonymous User
August 03, 2013
i tell ya, it drives me up the wall!! My own mother who had a bad case of baby rabies a while back, kept telling me children where wonderful and i'd feel differently once i had my own.
My response?

"are you going to look after it for the next 18 + years and look after it when i have to go to work, feed it, get up with it in the night? No? then why the fuck would i have something that i didnt want to begin with and get no help with? Its a very big risk to say you'll love it when its here. No i fucking wont.
I'll hate it and despise it forever. If you want a baby so much, have one yourself and leave my utereus alone!"

The bingos stopped from her for a bit until my 15 year old sister asked me why i hate children and she wanted a niece.
Heads rolled that night people, heads rolled.

After his sister came out with that bullshit, i told FI who took 6 weeks to talk to her ,( for some reason he sees his fuck of a sister as some bloody martyr) said she was only joking and i shouldnt take things so seriously.
Needless to say, i still feel a bit raw and i called FI a "fucking baby who wont stand up to his family who have his balls hidden in their fridge" he got socks thrown at him as well. I love him to bits, but there are point where i would happily thump him for stupid comments. He never really gets bingo's or not on the level that i get them, so he doesnt get how frustrating it is.
When i first met him,he literally would drop everything for the fabled sister and her brats, but i think thats a tale for another day...........
August 03, 2013
angrybitch
i tell ya, it drives me up the wall!! My own mother who had a bad case of baby rabies a while back, kept telling me children where wonderful and i'd feel differently once i had my own.
My response?

"are you going to look after it for the next 18 + years and look after it when i have to go to work, feed it, get up with it in the night? No? then why the fuck would i have something that i didnt want to begin with and get no help with? Its a very big risk to say you'll love it when its here. No i fucking wont.
I'll hate it and despise it forever. If you want a baby so much, have one yourself and leave my utereus alone!"

The bingos stopped from her for a bit until my 15 year old sister asked me why i hate children and she wanted a niece.
Heads rolled that night people, heads rolled.

After his sister came out with that bullshit, i told FI who took 6 weeks to talk to her ,( for some reason he sees his fuck of a sister as some bloody martyr) said she was only joking and i shouldnt take things so seriously.
Needless to say, i still feel a bit raw and i called FI a "fucking baby who wont stand up to his family who have his balls hidden in their fridge" he got socks thrown at him as well. I love him to bits, but there are point where i would happily thump him for stupid comments. He never really gets bingo's or not on the level that i get them, so he doesnt get how frustrating it is.
When i first met him,he literally would drop everything for the fabled sister and her brats, but i think thats a tale for another day...........

I went through something similar with my husband. His parents were never on us about kids, but they're overly-involved and like to pretend that their kids (and their kids' partners) are still about 12-fucking-years old. I couldn't seem to get it into my husband's head that I don't want his parents up my ass 24/7 and treating me like a third grader. He was to scared to stand up to them - there is some major stepford-wives-dysfunction going on there. So I finally told him we could either go to therapy and discuss the issues with his family or I wasn't going to have anything further to do with them. My husband is too lazy to actually pick up the phone and make an appointment, so I get off scott-free their never-ending bullshit. smiling smiley

It's not fair for your partner to drag you into a family dynamic where you're miserable and feel threatened and not stand up for you. If he isn't going to protect you from his family (even if they are "joking", it still makes you mad and offends you), then you have every right to protect yourself.
August 03, 2013
yurble

Dear Leave: You have to be more assertive and less nice to these amazingly rude, intrusive people. Tell them, "We're sorry if you are disappointed, but the topic of pregnancy is not under discussion. Scott and I will decide when or if to start a family have children. If you persist in bringing up the subject, we will be forced to leave." Then ignore all angry comments in response and leave if you need to.

Annie's response needs a little editing.

Actually, yurble, I was thinking the exact same thing.

jbs
August 03, 2013
Jesus! What an entitled bunch of assholes!

You do not OWE anyone nieces, nephews, children or grandchildren. It seems that the relatives are all about what you can do FOR THEM and on their timetable too.

I am so lucky to have dodged this bullshit. But I applaud anyone who stands up to pushy, entitled relatives.
August 03, 2013
I can't help but wonder... why the term "breeders" is closely related to "nosy"? It's a universal thing!
friendly hug it's really annoying having to be in contact with these asshole, just because we're related either by blood or even by law. Please stand up for yourself, and tell them to fuck off.

"SIL cornered me in the kitchen and told me her kids were disappointed that they wouldnt have a cousin to play with "

tell her to teach her kids social skills, so they don't have to rely on blood relations to have playmates. what a nosy bastard. most likely, she taught her kids to feel disappointed. Kids aren't capable of that line of thoughts.
August 04, 2013
I've not had the grandchildren thing as my parents are both dead, but my eldest brother did inform me when I was about 28: "It'd be great if the kids had a cousin to play with at xmas. You are long past the shame of teen pregnancy, so it wouldn't matter."

Why thank you. How very odd of you. I let him know that it was quite an imposition to as me to raise a child for 18 years (and on my own as I was and still am single) just so his children could have someone to bicker with on xmas day. Also pointed out that the law as it stood at that time would not allow lesbians to adopt or access IVF, so what a shame, no can do.

Since then, my sister has adopted two children from the foster system and my half brother has had three kids, so brother's four kids have ample enough cousins and this auntie can opt out of that race.
August 04, 2013
tausa
I've not had the grandchildren thing as my parents are both dead, but my eldest brother did inform me when I was about 28: "It'd be great if the kids had a cousin to play with at xmas. You are long past the shame of teen pregnancy, so it wouldn't matter."

Why thank you. How very odd of you. I let him know that it was quite an imposition to as me to raise a child for 18 years (and on my own as I was and still am single) just so his children could have someone to bicker with on xmas day. Also pointed out that the law as it stood at that time would not allow lesbians to adopt or access IVF, so what a shame, no can do.

Since then, my sister has adopted two children from the foster system and my half brother has had three kids, so brother's four kids have ample enough cousins and this auntie can opt out of that race.

See, I think one of the reasons they're pushing for relative spawning is that this way, they'll get free familial babysitting services since they'd have you wrangled into taking care of the snot-buckets too, both theirs and yours. This way, they can have 'couple time' and can push their spawn off on you anytime they want because, well, fambleeee should take care of each other. I mean, what else are you there for but to be a doormat for your siblings. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

I told my parunts that I'm not having them; my sibling get's to take care of that duty and their happy to oblige for some reason. All the more power to them.

No one should have to do anything. If they want to be grandmoos and grandduhs, they have siblings who treat their body like a pignasty factory. If not, they can always be creepy and go out on Sundays to see all the sproglings that populate famblee restaurants. There's plenty out there, and the moos all love the babystalking attention. It's a win-win for both grandparunts and moomoo/duhd. Problem solved. Stay the fuck away from us with the guilt-trip shit.
:flamingdrinking coffee
August 04, 2013
icyveinedcfguy
tausa

See, I think one of the reasons they're pushing for relative spawning is that this way, they'll get free familial babysitting services since they'd have you wrangled into taking care of the snot-buckets too, both theirs and yours. This way, they can have 'couple time' and can push their spawn off on you anytime they want because, well, fambleeee should take care of each other. I mean, what else are you there for but to be a doormat for your siblings. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

I told my parunts that I'm not having them; my sibling get's to take care of that duty and their happy to oblige for some reason. All the more power to them.

No one should have to do anything. If they want to be grandmoos and grandduhs, they have siblings who treat their body like a pignasty factory. If not, they can always be creepy and go out on Sundays to see all the sproglings that populate famblee restaurants. There's plenty out there, and the moos all love the babystalking attention. It's a win-win for both grandparunts and moomoo/duhd. Problem solved. Stay the fuck away from us with the guilt-trip shit.
:flamingdrinking coffee

Perhaps so, if my brother alone made the choice, but none of my offers to babysit so they could have birthday dinners out or the like have ever been accepted. My sister in law has some issues with my sexuality and how it contradicts what she is teaching the kids to believe from a religious perspective. I must be monitored, lest I spread my Gay Propaganda and Agenda (AKA keeping the kids safe and having fun until their parents get home).

But I agree, let others do that journey if they so wish. I tell the siblings that I am doing my bit to reduce our familial carbon footprint.
August 04, 2013
Angrybitch, I LOVE your response to your mother!

I consider myself ultra-lucky for escaping that nonsense and I do not maintain close contact with non-immediate family (and since my only sibling is childfree too, I never get harrased about my not having kids) so I don't have that problem.
August 07, 2013
Ok dudes, ever had this one?

thom_c
Ok dudes, ever had this one?

Oh god, Thom, do people actually say that to guys?? That is terrifying!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login