Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

:wtf Help a Working Famblee at Christmas

Posted by shy lurker 
:wtf Help a Working Famblee at Christmas
December 19, 2014
Okay so the parunts have three chuydren ages 11, 5, and 1. They both work full time minimum wage and make $900 a month? doh face. They only get $200 in food stamps.

My take home pay is $900 a month full time after all of my deductions (i.e 401K, stocks, HSA account, health insurance, life insurance, accident insurance, and vision insurance) and Uncle Sam takes his cut since I file Single 0. My gross pay is about $1,400 a month full time, but then again I had three annual raises plus a raise due to my one-step up "promotion" across the board. So WTF kind of jobs are they doing? shrug Your guess is as good as mine.

So if they are barely scraping by then why did they have another brat. Their kyds are spaced so they aren't Wic-Welfare leaches. I wonder if they fell on hard times? Any ideas bratfree members? I found this on an area facebook group that I lurk. I just had to share. Proof is attached.

FYI: MN minimum wage is now $8.00 an hour.

Re: :wtf Help a Working Famblee at Christmas
December 19, 2014
shy lurker
Okay so the parunts have three chuydren ages 11, 5, and 1. They both work full time minimum wage and make $900 a month? doh face. They only get $200 in food stamps.

My take home pay is $900 a month full time after all of my deductions (i.e 401K, stocks, HSA account, health insurance, life insurance, accident insurance, and vision insurance) and Uncle Sam takes his cut since I file Single 0. My gross pay is about $1,400 a month full time, but then again I had three annual raises plus a raise due to my one-step up "promotion" across the board. So WTF kind of jobs are they doing? shrug Your guess is as good as mine.

So if they are barely scraping by then why did they have another brat. Their kyds are spaced so they aren't Wic-Welfare leaches. I wonder if they fell on hard times? Any ideas bratfree members? I found this on an area facebook group that I lurk. I just had to share. Proof is attached.

Fulltime =40 hrs/week
40 x 4 =160 hrs/mth
160 x $8.00/hr = $1280
Two adults working fulltime = $2560 /mth in family wages + $200 food stamps = $2760 / mth for that family.
They are not getting $900 if they are both working full time as reported.

They are getting TRIPLE that $900 that they claim, assuming no other subsidies or assistance are being used by that family..

Feel free to copy/paste the above information onto their facebook page.
December 20, 2014
Send them a case of Kleenex for all the sniveling they are doing.

Oh, and don't forget a case of condoms too!
December 20, 2014
cassia
shy lurker

Fulltime =40 hrs/week
40 x 4 =160 hrs/mth
160 x $8.00/hr = $1280
Two adults working fulltime = $2560 /mth in family wages + $200 food stamps = $2760 / mth for that family.
They are not getting $900 if they are both working full time as reported.

They are getting TRIPLE that $900 that they claim, assuming no other subsidies or assistance are being used by that family..

Feel free to copy/paste the above information onto their facebook page.

You do have to take into account health insurance, life insurance, dental, vision, taxes, Social Security, etc. and then the fact that full-time minimum wage jobs doesn't always translate to working 40hrs. every week (full-time means 36 hours average). I'm full-time, but this week I'm working 32hrs. because it's slow as fuck. In January-March, I'll probably won't be working more than 32hrs. per week unless we have an unusually busy week/weekend.

Then there's daycare for the infant and five-year old, especially if there isn't all day kindergarten. I'm sure after that, they only have $900 left and we haven't even gotten into rent and other bills.

This is a prime example of assholes caring more about what they want now without forethought. Two parents and yet neither one of them have sustainable jobs, but they have three kids and one of them is 1, meaning that the brought another one into an already piss-poor situation. They're way the fuck below the poverty line; between the two of them their max pay is not even $31K and they're supposed to be supporting themselves and 3 kids on that?

Frankly, their children should be taken from them. Nobody should be worrying about gifts for Christmas; they barely have the money for winter clothes and heating their home. Instead of trying to sugarcoat shit for the kids and trying to play Santa, let them live and understand their reality where their parents decided that having kids despite not being able to afford it at all was their right. Maybe it'll prevent them from making the same mistake and not think that strangers will pity them and bail them out from their own mistakes.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
December 20, 2014
My response to this bullshit is :bedmadelie.

Like other posters have said, why did they go ahead and have another child when they couldn't afford it? I am not going to give any of my own hard-earned money to idiots like this.
December 20, 2014
I've been thinking about this some more. The math doesn't add up,so maybe duddy has to pay chyuld support to another woman, their checks being garnished, the Gold Guys are lying to tug on heart strings, or even that they work minimum wage at a small business.

$5.25/hour before new law
$6.50/hour on Aug. 1, 2014
$7.25/hour on Aug. 1, 2015
$7.75/hour on Aug. 1, 2016
Anonymous User
December 20, 2014
Take this as an opportunity to give… a loud “No thanks”, that is. Then go donate at Petco or a shelter to help out animals, while visualizing those holier-than-thou breeders with their dicks in their hands.

I will give my last dollar to help a poor critter who’s been abandoned because his supposed “family” wants to travel for the holidays. The jerkoffs who see Christmas as the prime stuff-grab of the year because chiiiildren? Wouldn’t piss on ‘em if they were on fire. It’s a great feeling to return the contempt they show the childfree the rest of the year.
December 20, 2014
Typical irresponsible breeders, having kyds they can't even come CLOSE to affording. They shouldn't be asking for luxuries like Barbies, Legos, and gift certificates to dine out when they can't afford the essentials. :bedmadelie

Hey, I'm responsible, HAVEN'T bred, and only make $7.50/hour…who wants to contribute to my shoe-buying fund? waving hellolarious
December 20, 2014
Posted here years ago about this, but it's worth remembering how selfish breeders and their spawn can be when it comes time for holiday giving.

I worked for a state agency, and my facility cooperated with the local sheriff's department with a similar "adopt-a-family" program. We would get a list from the sheriff with wants for a family or two with sprogs, plus an elderly person or two. Usually the elderly person wanted something simple such as warm blankets or firewood, maybe a little food—more in the realm of basic needs. The breeders' children would ask instead for things such as an Xbox and other crazily expensive gifts. Needless to say, we made sure the elderly folks got their needs fulfilled, while there weren't quite any Xboxes going in the big gift box for the sprog-riddled breeders...

The family described in the OP shows more of the same mentality.
December 20, 2014
There was a crisis in Pittsburgh: Toys for Tots somehow screwed up and over 500 kids were not going to get any toys!openmouthed shock But Pittsburghers are generous (I hope most of them were other parents) and they stepped up and gave them toys - look at all the toys in the video! Meanwhile, I am a scrooge, and the only thing they would get is a box of condoms.Pittsburgh to rescue of breeder's kids!

Oh, there's more, in this video, the kids might "get to sit on Santa's lap and get a cookie, but No Toys!"

Awww, scrooge has no toys!

Besides why so many "at risk" and "disadvantaged" kids anyway? I guess people don't visit the family planning aisle at Target often enough.
December 20, 2014
I gave up helping these ne'er-do-well families years ago. It would be one thing if a family fell on hard times, and needed help one year, but the same families sign up EVERY YEAR. They expect it. I give donations to the animal shelter year round, plus I give to a few scholarship funds at local high schools and colleges. I figure that's a much better investment of my hard-earned money.
Anonymous User
December 20, 2014
HELP A TRYING FAMILY!

"Trying" my patience with e-begging......I bet they even have whine with dinner.

Oh! slaps head! what am I thinking! they have whine all the time-they have chyldrun!!
December 20, 2014
Ers I've worked in had a few of these. Saw more than one case of donating needed coats etc. even some toys. Would see the kids back in the ER after the holiday in the same crappy stuff as before because the asshole breeders had sold the gifts fro drugs and cigs.

I quit donating.

I'll start giving when they start giving. All breeders have the capacity to do is take and beg and take. The way I see it, we already gave them $1000 bucks, per brat, per year. They can DEAL. Children don't need presents, they need a lesson in living within their means so they don't make the same mistake mommy and daddy did. Wisdom is the gift that keeps on giving after all.
Anonymous User
December 20, 2014
I think we are forced to give enough through taxes for schools and WIC and free vaccinations and free medical and this and that --for the children and their mooooos- nothing for the childfree though who pay through the nose into all this!
Although I can't say I'm exactly childfree- blushing because all my children wear fur coats---

cats!! my beautiful cats!

Now if my taxes could be allocated into a fund to draw on for (my) vet bills in times of need, or even to help out an animal shelter I wouldn't crab so much. But we have no choice in these matters. Sighs.
December 21, 2014
Even at minimum wage, there's no way two people working full-time bring in only $900 a month combined. First of all, it's very rare that I hear of any employer who pays minimum wage and hires full-time; almost all of them cut you off at 38 hours a week so they don't have to offer benefits. Second, three years ago when I was at the call center, I was working 30 hours a week at whatever minimum wage was at the time and I brought home something like $670 a month. I wonder where exactly the parents are working. Because there is no fucking way in hell two people with full-time jobs are bringing home less than four figures every month. Even servers make more than that per month, I think. Somebody's fucking lying in this story, and if they really are making so little working at the current minimum wage and full-time, there's an employer that needs to be sued.

Is this family in low-income housing? Do they have vehicles or insurance? What is that $900 going toward... or rather, $860? Two hundred a month in food stamps should be enough to feed them if they don't waste it on bullshit like $6 boxes of Spongebob-shaped gummy snacks.

It's possible they just fell on hard times, but I'm sure this didn't happen overnight. So WHY did they go and have that third kid? There are plenty of adults out there who are so poor that they can't afford to eat, heat their homes or buy the very basics that are in a worse position than this family... who won't be helped by anyone because they have no brats and therefore don't deserve help as far as the average person is concerned. You will never EVER see someone make the following Fakebook post:

"Please help out a local friend of mine this Christmas. Ricky loves animals - he lives in a tiny apartment with three shelter cats, but he can't afford to heat it, so he sleeps with the oven on all night. He works two minimum wage jobs, but his employers won't hire him full-time at either job. He has a chronic health issue that he can't afford to treat because he can't afford insurance or pay for medication out of pocket. Ricky loves his cats so much that he often goes without food just so his three kitties can eat, and because he has no children, he never gets any help from the food bank. He also makes just barely too much money to qualify for food stamps. His budget is so tight that even the smallest unintended purchase can mean the difference between paying rent and not paying rent. Someone recently stole his coat at work, so now Ricky has no way to stay warm when he goes outside.

Let's help Ricky out this year! We're gonna stock his fridge and pantry, get him some new clothes and a new coat, and we're talking to Purina about possible cat food donations."

Three people would "like" the post and no one would donate because they already gave $50 to Moochin' Martha and her brood of five bastards bred by six different fathers and/or because Ricky has no kids and therefore is not as important as all the Marthas out there.
December 21, 2014
catharsist
Children don't need presents, they need a lesson in living within their means so they don't make the same mistake mommy and daddy did. Wisdom is the gift that keeps on giving after all.

I don't remember who wrote it, but someone on this board spoke of their experience in poverty, during their younger years. They spoke about medical care they didn't receive, having to wear clothes that didn't fit properly, having to eat food that was marginally nutritious and filling, and generally going through their youth watching their parents eke out survival with little hope of getting out. I really enjoyed reading this post, which was written some time ago, because I think it speaks to those of us who have suffered from some level poverty at one time or another.

The bottom line? Being poor SUCKS!

It sucks big time. And the only time anyone cares about you is during the holidays. Come January, you're back to being forgotten again. And don't kid yourself, poor kids KNOW they're poor. This shit that the old timers say, "Aww we were poor but we didn't know it. Everyone was poor." That's bullshit, at least by today's standards. Poor kids know that they're poor. And they know that it sucks. And the really shitty part about it is that the closest people around them are ALL breeders. And they've all got the "crabs in a bucket" mentality. When the pee stick shows the "+" sign for their teen daughter, they're the first to ask churches and community organizations for money and materials, instead of working to prevent future "accidents."

Want to help poor children? Outside of the bare essentials these kids need serious mentoring. And in no uncertain terms, they need to understand that the first step toward bettering themselves is childfreedom. They need to be reminded that if they get knocked up (or knock someone up), that they will be poor forever and ever and ever. And no one cares.

I grew up in a very blue collar upbringing. We weren't in dire straits the way that some folks are, but there were times where things were pretty rough. I saw the sacrifices my parents made, and the stress it caused them. They also frequently reminded me of how much they sacrificed for me... which was kind of weird, because neither I nor my brother asked to be born. From a young age I knew that I had no interest in having children or making sacrifices for them. I think that this same message needs to be disseminated to poor, young children who want something better for themselves.
December 21, 2014
StudioFiftyFour

Want to help poor children? Outside of the bare essentials these kids need serious mentoring. And in no uncertain terms, they need to understand that the first step toward bettering themselves is childfreedom. They need to be reminded that if they get knocked up (or knock someone up), that they will be poor forever and ever and ever. And no one cares.

I grew up in a very blue collar upbringing. We weren't in dire straits the way that some folks are, but there were times where things were pretty rough. I saw the sacrifices my parents made, and the stress it caused them. They also frequently reminded me of how much they sacrificed for me... which was kind of weird, because neither I nor my brother asked to be born. From a young age I knew that I had no interest in having children or making sacrifices for them. I think that this same message needs to be disseminated to poor, young children who want something better for themselves.

THANK YOU!!!!!

We grew up poor (if it wasn't for the fact that my grandparents had an extra trailer we would've been homeless at one point). Actually my brother & I were talking yesterday about the time that our mom told us that she couldn't have a new dinning room table (we didn't even have a dinning room) because she "had to feed you rotten kids". Jesus! What a thing to say to a middle schooler.

I mostly don't think breeders give a shot about their offspring......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
Anonymous User
December 21, 2014
I go from Thanksgiving to the day after Xmas quite numb and cloistered. I read Craiglist, I read Facebook buy/sell/trade and it is nothing but begging. Forums where people would normally post free items turn into 90% gimmee, gimmee, I'm a single moo! Ads that would normally say "I'm looking for a cheap fridge or bed are suddenly I want a FREE fridge or bed! It's Xmas! I spent all my money on $200 a month phone for my 8 y/o and vidya games! Gimmee, gimmee!" I can't stand it.

My grandmother used to select an angel from the angel tree at my school when I was a kid, and we'd take a Saturday and go buy a couple of toys, a shirt, pants, shoes, socks for the charity case. It was all formatted and every "angel" got one item of clothing from the categories, and maybe two toys. The toys were kind of simple and cheap, like a board game or some hot wheels. Donors were not expected to carry 100% of the gifts for a kyd, but merely supplement them.

I was in Kroger the other week, and was looking at some of the "angels." To begin with, to take an angel, you had to pony up $35. This was so Kroger could give the "angel's" famblee an Xmas meal. I thought this is total BS, no wonder none of the angels are taken. To be on the list, you'd think the famblee is poor, and probably gets loads of food stamps. They can't buy clothes or toys with that, but I'm sure they've got plenty to eat. No one goes hungry unless it's by choice, not with all the food pantries, food stamps, etc. Even the administration of this program isn't happy with getting whatever generosity the public chooses to give, they want to dictate what kind and how much charity you will put forth.

Secondly, instead of putting down some open-ended toys a person could buy the little demon, they all wrote down things like particular x-box games, brand name phone cards, one even had "laptop" down for toy request. Get real! I noticed a few people took the time to specify the acceptable brands of clothing, such as Levi's jeans or [banned name] shoes. Again, buying $50 pants that a kyd would fit for six months is absurd. If they were truly needy, they'd be happy with a $10 pair from Wal-Mart. But they're not needy, just greedy. Probably resale the damned Levi's in January on facebook and put the [banned name] shoes on ebay.

eta: If freakin' Kroger gives the famblee the $35 gift card rather than groceries bought with it, I'm sure the pahrunts are in there buying booze or cigs. Or maybe buying groceries with it, but just using the money they saved and buying the booze and cigs with that.
I'm sure they can't just give them a packaged meal, because they'd all be in line complaining of turkey allergies and how the color of the cranberry sauce makes their little aspie kick the table over, and how they need special accommodations when in reality it all boils down to canned goods and frozen turkeys not having much of a resale value on Craigslist.
December 21, 2014
jmc

THANK YOU!!!!!

We grew up poor (if it wasn't for the fact that my grandparents had an extra trailer we would've been homeless at one point). Actually my brother & I were talking yesterday about the time that our mom told us that she couldn't have a new dinning room table (we didn't even have a dinning room) because she "had to feed you rotten kids". Jesus! What a thing to say to a middle schooler.

I mostly don't think breeders give a shot about their offspring......

No, seriously and sincerely... THANK YOU for breaking the cycle of poverty. You deserve credit for doing so.

And I'm sure there were several times along the way where you literally looked in the mirror and said to yourself, "This sucks and I totally want a different life for myself when I am an adult." I was never homeless, but I know that I had same frame of mind.

As a sidebar note, I'm not surprised that your mom wanted a new dining room set with no dining room. Typically, poor people spend what little money they have on items that make absolutely no sense, such as the latest and greatest consumer electronics, designer clothes or sneakers, and when possible, cars which they cannot afford.
December 21, 2014
Two things I have noticed reading all this: One of the Pittsburgh TV stations used to have a campaign for "Presents for Patients" where you could give to buy things for senior citizens in nursing homes. This year they don't have it. But every station was all over the "Toys for Tots" snafu that happened here and it seemed Everyone had to give away a lot of expensive toys.

The other thing is that some institutions want to be poor. I think the churches and religions do. That way they can guilt trip people about how they "have to help the poor" and end up with more money for the church. This is what I think Catholic and most mainline Protestant churches do, because part of their reason for being is to "help the poor". But if there were no poor (because people wised up and didn't have kids), why go to church or support them?
December 21, 2014
mr. neptune
The other thing is that some institutions want to be poor. I think the churches and religions do. That way they can guilt trip people about how they "have to help the poor" and end up with more money for the church. This is what I think Catholic and most mainline Protestant churches do, because part of their reason for being is to "help the poor". But if there were no poor (because people wised up and didn't have kids), why go to church or support them?

Mr. Neptune, I don't disagree with you, but I do want to point out that most Americans are one serious illness or injury away from potentially being bankrupted.

Oh, and by the way, in the event that a childfree person is bankrupted due to serious illness or injury, there is really no safety net for them.
December 21, 2014
StudioFiftyFour
[
I have to do a Kidless Kim here because I miss her here. I am in blue.

The bottom line? Being poor SUCKS!

It sucks big time. And the only time anyone cares about you is during the holidays. Come January, you're back to being forgotten again. And don't kid yourself, poor kids KNOW they're poor. This shit that the old timers say, "Aww we were poor but we didn't know it. Everyone was poor."

My mother is 87 years old and even today, you will probably hear that from her. She grew up on a farm in Kansas during the Depression with 12 kids (she was #11). They did not starve because they were on a farm, but she still has terrible fear of "bill collectors at the door". But don't dare tell her that maybe her parents should have "cooled it" and not have so many kids, why they needed them on the farm! But that's a weak excuse.

That's bullshit, at least by today's standards. Poor kids know that they're poor. And they know that it sucks. And the really shitty part about it is that the closest people around them are ALL breeders.

And often they are all breeders. Even when I was growing up in a family of 5 kids, there were some families with 8-9-10 kids (it was in Breed Hills after all). The leading excuse then was "were Catholic".

They need mentoring but it will not come from a nun or a priest or even a minister. Who will do it?

I grew up in a very blue collar upbringing. We weren't in dire straits the way that some folks are, but there were times where things were pretty rough. I saw the sacrifices my parents made, and the stress it caused them. They also frequently reminded me of how much they sacrificed for me... which was kind of weird, because neither I nor my brother asked to be born.

I have received flak from my parents over how much money they spent to have me see a psychiatrist! Not something I asked for but hey, breeders have to have something to guilt trip kids about. Do guilt trips make them somehow feel better?

From a young age I knew that I had no interest in having children or making sacrifices for them. I think that this same message needs to be disseminated to poor, young children who want something better for themselves.

People always say that education is the way to "better yourself" and get out of poverty. Why don't they mention not having children and avoiding pregnancy? Maybe the universities want students spending big bucks and then having kids to spend even more money?
Anonymous User
December 21, 2014
Yes, I believe churches do want you to be poor. Except I've always thought that way about their fight against abortion, since bringing a babby into the world = a soul for them to convert. And hobbling the mother with an infant when she is poor, without resources, possibly without familial support means she'll have a good chance of depending on the church. Once dependent upon the church, she'll tell everyone else how great they are, and she'll raise her chyldrun up to be good catholics, and they won't use birth control, and then they'll have a bunch of childrun, and they'll be good little catholics, and maybe they'll remember all that when the collection plate is passed when one of them breaks the cycle of poverty and has a good job.
Or else they'll just take the babby and adopt it into a good catholic famblee so they can indoctrinate it early on and swell the ranks through assimilation.
December 21, 2014
mr. neptune
My mother is 87 years old and even today, you will probably hear that from her. She grew up on a farm in Kansas during the Depression with 12 kids (she was #11). They did not starve because they were on a farm, but she still has terrible fear of "bill collectors at the door". But don't dare tell her that maybe her parents should have "cooled it" and not have so many kids, why they needed them on the farm! But that's a weak excuse.

The information age is so vastly different from the 1930s, it's hard to make a comparison. But I'm sure there are some parallels in that even today those who live on a farm need more bodies to help with the work, and are also less likely to go hungry.

But here's the catch--less than 1% of Americans work in agriculture today. Children are ultimately a huge liability for the vast majority of Americans, not an asset.

mr. neptune
And often they are all breeders. Even when I was growing up in a family of 5 kids, there were some families with 8-9-10 kids (it was in Breed Hills after all). The leading excuse then was "were Catholic".

Oh I believe you. People can make whatever excuse they want as far as why they do have kids--familial pressure, religious reasons, "forgot to take the pill...," whatever. At the end of the day, they are the ones who are ultimately going to be the most adversely affected by having children.

mr. neptune
They need mentoring but it will not come from a nun or a priest or even a minister. Who will do it?

Why not you? Why not me? We can't save the world, but we can save a few. Maybe you've got a younger niece, nephew, or cousin who needs some direction. They need to see you living a content and self-directed life without children, and you can express to them that the reason why you are able to do this is because you don't have children.

mr. neptune
People always say that education is the way to "better yourself" and get out of poverty. Why don't they mention not having children and avoiding pregnancy? Maybe the universities want students spending big bucks and then having kids to spend even more money?

The universities want everyone going to college when in reality, most people should not be going to college. Unless a person is majoring in something that is going to pay off financially in the long-term, the average person should not be taking out upwards of $100K in personal debt to get a college degree in the humanities or sociology or whatever economically un-useful major of the month is. It's not worth it.

I also recall graduate school being very breeder-friendly. In my smaller classes, I remember the first day of every course started off with the obligatory introductions, which naturally featured every pahrunt mentioning that they're doing all of this while caring for child at home... meanwhile I'm sitting there rolling my eyes thinking, "Who fucking cares? Can you please STFU so the prof can get on with the lecture?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login