Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Lamentations of a Hipster Moo

Posted by Zzelda 
The Lamentations of a Hipster Moo
January 11, 2015
This is an article about highly educated people doing poorly in the present US economy ~

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/this-college-instructor-has-a-masters-degree-and-shes-still-living-in-poverty/

Yes. I do agree that US College instructors are paid poorly.

Her birfing the disabled kid is really the lynch pin here though, or her biggest obstacle. And the 'romance' involving the birth of the kid -
smile rolling left righteyes2 He was 20 years old and in a band the Cow liked? smile rolling left righteyes2

I live in this general area too. I understand the 'local culture'. But I also feel like worlds away from her.

The biggest difference is - I am CF.

Yes it IS very hard to survive here - throw a kid, a disabled kid into it? DISASTER.
Re: The Lamentations of a Hipster Moo
January 11, 2015
Yup, the kid has ruined her life financially, even if the kid were normal. A condom or an abortion would have freed her up a lot financially and made her less dependent on others, from her parents to the taxpayers. Her monthly expenses would be much lower, enabling her to live on a low salary. No monetary or any other support from her son's father, of course.

Bed. Made. Lie.
January 11, 2015
Wow, let's count all the mistakes she made that created her current predicament, shall we?

1.) Romanticized notions of being a literature professor
2.) Didn't do her research about how much professors are actually paid
3.) Fucked a guy in a band who isn't even old enough to play in bars
4.) Got knocked up by said guy
5.) Kept the baby knowing that she was going to be a single mom with zero support from the father
6.) Never searched for a better paying job during the pregnancy

I don't sympathize because she's in this position through her own idiocy. These sorts of articles are always about people who had kids before they were in any position to do so and being sold as some sad-sack human interest piece. And it's never presented as the idea that having children isn't some inalienable right and if you don't want to be permanently in the shithole, wait to have kids until you're in a position to do so (meaning be in a committed relationship, both partners have decent paying jobs with benefits, a savings account, and decent living quarters).

This can't be blamed on the current economy. She'll be in this position forever. Her child will never be able to care for himself. Single moos have a hard enough time finding romantic partners because they want men with no kids and men with no kids don't want them. CL/CF men certainly don't want to take on a single moo with a disabled child who will never be independent. Finding another job is going to be far more difficult because she can't take pay cuts, she can't afford a lapse in benefits, and honestly, most employers are going to view her as too much of a risk. Plus, she kind of reeks of entitlement.

I'd also like to point out that if I have the timeline right, she's 36-37 now, which means she graduated long before the crash. I'm not yet 30 and I graduated undergrad the year after the crash. So she really can't blame the economy. She's older than my sister and my sister has gotten pretty decent jobs since she had the benefit of graduating before things went tits up.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

January 11, 2015
paragon schnitzophonic
Wow, let's count all the mistakes she made that created her current predicament, shall we?

1.) Romanticized notions of being a literature professor
2.) Didn't do her research about how much professors are actually paid
3.) Fucked a guy in a band who isn't even old enough to play in bars
4.) Got knocked up by said guy
5.) Kept the baby knowing that she was going to be a single mom with zero support from the father
6.) Never searched for a better paying job during the pregnancy

These are all excellent points.

To expand on point number two, if you want to be a professor who makes money, you need to realize that universities have a few professors who go all-out, publish books that people want to buy, do serious research, and make a name for themselves on the lecture circuit. They don't do it as a part-time adjunct gig. It's a real time commitment.

And because of her mistake in having a child, she'll never be able to commit herself to doing this.
January 11, 2015
At first I was "wow that sucks to be her"...until I read the article.

Who the HELL screws a random guy WITHOUT protection?? Especially one in a band?? Pregnancy aside, did she have any idea what diseases she could have picked up besides the one she did? Then to have the audacity to whine about people who actually waited to have kids and pout over the things they have. She was also working on becoming a speech therapist but got too depressed with it to continue....and this is society's fault? I want to have sympathy for her I really do, I have been there (minus chyld of course) where mac and cheese was a treat and ramen and peanut butter were the staples. And really you never know when a job and money can run out so I try my best to be compassionate. But she has a kyd a DISABLED kyd and made the decision to bring him into the world and she is going to basically turn down a job that PAYS because its "too depressing"? Bitch please. You don't have the right to pick and choose when you are supposed to be a MAWM it pays, suck it up.

The combination of entitlement and stupidity BURNS!
January 11, 2015
Yeah, a whole lot of fail here.

I'm curious whether the moo knew ahead of time that loafley would be a defectoloaf.

In any case bed-made-lie.

Even if I weren't CF, I wouldn't date someone with a disabled kyd.

Edit: I was reading the comments and have yet to find any that criticize her for having a kyd.
January 12, 2015
It took a while, but I finally found one comment that finally pointed out that her having a kid was stupid. Then I made some comments that also pointed out her stupidity. I'm sure I'll get breeders and breeder-pleasers on my ass.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
January 12, 2015
A lady friend of mine has a PHD in history, write articles for Sympatico and Huffpost Canada. We flew and studied together. She bought her house and enjoys a good lifestyle. What is missing from her life? Tada, children.smile rolling left rightsmile
I studied history, and an adjunct told me how much he made.:smn Weeks later Air Canada called me to come back, and give up uni, so I could gain seniority over all those who finished college. Within a year with the airline, my income was one and a half more than the adjunct who taught me. For the next ten years, I lived with roomates, traveled the world, and got tired of the entitled masses. But, I did not bring a chyuld into the mix. Then, my prince charming appeared, to save me from the stress of serving the masses. He moved me with him to so. Cal. For 3 years I did the only work I liked: Kennel attendant. Then cancer showed up, and no more kennel work, as chemo and radiation drained all my energy. In 2007, we moved to eastern Pennsylvania, And I have had no luck finding a kennel willing to hire. So, yes I am a stay at home wife. Feel free to boo me mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob
January 12, 2015
paragon schnitzophonic
It took a while, but I finally found one comment that finally pointed out that her having a kid was stupid. Then I made some comments that also pointed out her stupidity. I'm sure I'll get breeders and breeder-pleasers on my ass.
You'll also get a CF pleaser on your side, me.thumbs upup :hello
January 12, 2015
Paragon: I love how one person replied with the whole "only wealthy people would have children and that money shouldn't rule all of one's life" blather. smile rolling left righteyes2 The other reply about labour shortages was also puke-worthy. two faces puking

Barren: Whether you work or not is, at the end of the day, a matter that affects only yourself and your partner and is no one else's business. So no booing from me two cents
January 12, 2015
She should have never had the kid to begin with! Bed. Made. Lie.

Here's how my husband and I "do it". I didn't spread my legs for random people and get knocked up by some loser in a band. We're also staunchly childfree.

Maybe she should've thought about the possible consequences for her actions. No pity for her.

She just wants a wallet to use for free babysitting. Entitled bitch.

:bedmadelie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
January 12, 2015
deegee
Yup, the kid has ruined her life financially, even if the kid were normal. A condom or an abortion would have freed her up a lot financially and made her less dependent on others, from her parents to the taxpayers. Her monthly expenses would be much lower, enabling her to live on a low salary. No monetary or any other support from her son's father, of course.

Bed. Made. Lie.

I didn't read the article. Your post gave me a good summation of the carnage.

I agree with each point you made. The kid wiped this woman out.

I live on disability and still manage with out debt. I can't save money because the income is just too low, but I do get by with out dragging ass to the food bank or begging help for utilities. This is because I do NOT have a kid.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 12, 2015
Keeper of tracken. Thank you. Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou Most of the booing comes from my folks. Annoying:headbrick
January 12, 2015
Barren4ever, I'm a stay at home wife, too. I only work part-time right now from home, and my husband doesn't mind. It's actually a relief to get away from the phone lines for awhile, as I've been doing it for several years straight and need a bit of a break. I enjoy taking care of the house, cooking etc. while he goes out to work. No kyds, no strain on us financially. We can afford to do it.

I'm actually thinking about quitting phone-hoeing all together and selling vintage and antique items online. It's just in the dream phase right now, but something I'm seriously considering. My husband is all for it. If we had extra mouths to feed, it wouldn't even be a question. I would have to go out and work, despite my disability. No thank you.
January 12, 2015
It seems we are supposed to feel sorry for the idiot because she does not get the high brow life she longs for. Hipster is right. I do not like the way she put down her father, he "worked to live", and put her through school but she still whines. She obviously was spoiled and allowed to get away with angsty entitled attitude into adulthood. She made her bad decisions and still hasn't learned.
January 12, 2015
barren4ever
A lady friend of mine has a PHD in history, write articles for Sympatico and Huffpost Canada. We flew and studied together. She bought her house and enjoys a good lifestyle. What is missing from her life? Tada, children.smile rolling left rightsmile
I studied history, and an adjunct told me how much he made.:smn Weeks later Air Canada called me to come back, and give up uni, so I could gain seniority over all those who finished college. Within a year with the airline, my income was one and a half more than the adjunct who taught me. For the next ten years, I lived with roomates, traveled the world, and got tired of the entitled masses. But, I did not bring a chyuld into the mix. Then, my prince charming appeared, to save me from the stress of serving the masses. He moved me with him to so. Cal. For 3 years I did the only work I liked: Kennel attendant. Then cancer showed up, and no more kennel work, as chemo and radiation drained all my energy. In 2007, we moved to eastern Pennsylvania, And I have had no luck finding a kennel willing to hire. So, yes I am a stay at home wife. Feel free to boo me mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob

In-home pet sitting. I have friends who do it...20 per dog for daycare, and 30+ for overnight stays. You can do small groups and limit clients.

They won't hire? Become the competition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
January 12, 2015
mumofsixbirds
Barren4ever, I'm a stay at home wife, too. I only work part-time right now from home, and my husband doesn't mind. It's actually a relief to get away from the phone lines for awhile, as I've been doing it for several years straight and need a bit of a break. I enjoy taking care of the house, cooking etc. while he goes out to work. No kyds, no strain on us financially. We can afford to do it.

I'm actually thinking about quitting phone-hoeing all together and selling vintage and antique items online. It's just in the dream phase right now, but something I'm seriously considering. My husband is all for it. If we had extra mouths to feed, it wouldn't even be a question. I would have to go out and work, despite my disability. No thank you.

A possibility to consider is bird-sitting.
Several local people have lucrative home-businesses in this area.
January 12, 2015
Just looked at the comments on the article - go look if you wanna insult your eyeballs smile rolling left righteyes2

Scroll down to one made by poster 'big bald bastard' - he put a pic on there of this Cow when she was in her "band".

It's a pic of her buck nekkid, holding an accordion, with her ass shoved into a public laundry dryer.

GOOD GRIEF.

smile rolling left righteyes2
January 12, 2015
This article is the reason why I'm working in the public system, and not in academia. I was taught by full-time, tenured proffs for undergrad and grad school. Today, everything is adjuncts with no benefits. I refuse to be paid per diem because the university is too fucking cheap to offer tenure track positions. Maybe there might be more tenure track positions available if the universities got rid of their multi-million dollar athletic coaches, sports teams, stadiums, etc...and if the government actually contributed its fair share to public education. but I digress....

So I teach in the public schools, and with tenure and seniority there, I make way more than many college proffs I know. It's a trade-off. If hipster moo wants a decent lifestyle, then she needs to get a job in the public system. She'll make way more than a per diem adjunct, and she'll get decent health benefits and a pension. Yeah, she'll be teaching little shits that sometimes don't care about the subject matter, but as a single moo with a disabled kid and no child support, what choice does she have?
January 13, 2015
Zzelda
Just looked at the comments on the article - go look if you wanna insult your eyeballs smile rolling left righteyes2

Scroll down to one made by poster 'big bald bastard' - he put a pic on there of this Cow when she was in her "band".

It's a pic of her buck nekkid, holding an accordion, with her ass shoved into a public laundry dryer.

GOOD GRIEF.

smile rolling left righteyes2

Yeah, I saw that. Keeping it classy. smile rolling left righteyes2 two faces puking
January 13, 2015
she collects French 1960s LPs, but she must rely on food stamps to feed herself and her son

Well it's nice to see her priorities are right. A little snack on a Serge Gainsbourg LP is really filling.

:flaming
January 13, 2015
cassia
mumofsixbirds

A possibility to consider is bird-sitting.
Several local people have lucrative home-businesses in this area.

That's not a bad idea, except the last time I was supposed to dog sit for my aunt and uncle. They were packing up to leave when the dog started barking and gave itself a heart attack just before they left. The poor puppy died. My uncle later admitted to me that if the dog had died AFTER they left, he would have automatically thought I had done something to her. It was then that I decided to never look after another person's pet. Too many things can go wrong.

I don't know who this hipster moo is, but if she's collecting food stamps to feed her offspring, she never should have sluiced, and now that she has, she needs to get into another profession. May I suggest phone hoeing? bouncing and laughing
January 13, 2015
Judge Judy had a classic a few years back which had an honest to goodness side by side comparison.
Both sides were parents: however, the plaintiffs had planned for it all, limited themselves to 2 children which is what they could afford and still have a decent life.
Meanwhile, defendant, had not planned for anything, just had 4 crotch turd neither she nor the sperm donor could afford. And had the audacity to say (almost a quote) 'she has two cars, a nice house, etc etc ' and the implication was she was entitled to their (the plaintiff) money (she had borrowed) because she didn't plan. So she should not have to be required to pay the plaintiff back. Judy reamed her.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 13, 2015
barren4ever
So, yes I am a stay at home wife. Feel free to boo me mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob

I have a house husband; doesn't bother me smile rolling left righteyes2 He became old enough to retire on Social Security, which is barely 1/4 of his previous income, my work pays most of the bills and his medical insurance. It still works for us.

There were also two extended periods of time in my work history (~ 2 years each time) that I took a mental break and Dh fully supported me. I hope to be able to stop working in IT in 2016 or 2017. After that, I'll work when it suits me.

I think this can be called one of the perks of CF life and is totally not comparable to being a SAHM or SAHD. If it works out financially, is beneficial to the person toward whom you've made a committment, and the person staying home is able to contribute to the maintenance of the relationship, I don't see anything bad about it. It's not like staying home to raise one or more additional resource suckers that the couple has produced, who really don't bring anything to the table but will instead be takers for multiple decades or more.

For Dh and I, our choices have been for the betterment of our union. I bet it is more or less the same for most CF couples where one person stays home.
January 13, 2015
Dorisan
I think this can be called one of the perks of CF life and is totally not comparable to being a SAHM or SAHD. If it works out financially, is beneficial to the person toward whom you've made a committment, and the person staying home is able to contribute to the maintenance of the relationship, I don't see anything bad about it. It's not like staying home to raise one or more additional resource suckers that the couple has produced, who really don't bring anything to the table but will instead be takers for multiple decades or more.

The thing I usually find about CF relationships is that it's much more about give and take and what suits at one time compared to another. Mr Yummy had a terrible time in his job a couple of years ago, he was being bullied by a manager, so I encouraged him to get the fuck out of there, take some time and get his head together and look for something else. When he got a steady job again, I went back to freelance/contracting, because I prefer to work for myself. That means my income isn't always terribly reliable, but the way it works is that Mr Yummy has the steady income and mine mostly goes into our savings.

Compare that to the SAHMs I know who think they have a right to sit on their ever-widening behinds because they produced a Holy Loaf, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

I don't really have an issue with couples who make an arrangement that one of them is going to stay home with the kids and they finance it themselves, it's the ones who think that every fucker else should pay their way that boil my piss. I'd never want to be a SAHM myself, obviously, since I don't want to be a mother at all, but I do know people that found it worked for them, for a certain time, but mostly, they are PNBs who went to work as soon as the kids were school age, they weren't on their Mommeee blogs talking about how they needed to stay home and hover over their near-adult children.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login