Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watching "Rabbit Hole" in Class... :mad2

Posted by seamstress 
Watching "Rabbit Hole" in Class... :mad2
April 21, 2015
For one of my college classes (it's about American theatre stuff), we read a ton of plays, learn about playwrights, and watch movies. Currently, we are watching this. There are spoilers below, if you care. Apparently this movie was originally a play that was adapted for the screen and they used a bunch of famous actors.

The first portion was so incredibly boring that I wanted to tear my hair out. Some lady is sad and it is implied for a while that her kid died. Eventually they out and say it. That's sad and all, but then she starts stalking some teenage boy for reasons they don't explain for a while and I'm hoping that she's gonna get arrested for it or SOMETHING to move the plot along. Then her husband and someone from their dead kid support group have some sort of tension with each other and I am hoping that they'll have an affair if it'll just move the plot along instead of this unexplained mopey bullshit that I have no interest in watching. Yeah, her kid got hit by a car. It's sad to lose someone you care about. Alright. Her dumbass sister is pregnant and still living with their mother and the sister's boyfriend is living there, too. Apparently this pregnant sister thing is painful to the main character? It was painful for me to watch.

And then we get to the grocery store scene. Main character lady is shopping with her sister. She sees a mawm and her young kid in the cart. Young kyd wants fruit rollups and is doing that "please....please....please I want fruit rollups....please....please...." and the mom is saying "No" each time and is getting frustrated with it. I guess she sounds a little angry. Main character lady walks up to the mom, tells her off, and tells the mawn to buy the fruit rollups, defending the kid. The mom says that they don't allow candy in the house, main character lady says that they're made with fruit. The mom makes some comment about how it's obvious that main character lady isn't a mawmmmmmmmm so her opinion means nothing, and the main character lady slaps her for it because she actually is a mawm, damn it!

And I just...... what?

This main character lady walks up to a stranger who is trying to set boundaries with a kyd, tells the mom off, slaps the other lady, AND THE CLASS IS SIDING WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER.

Yep. My class is siding with the violent person. Great. Charming. So glad that I'm stuck with these people unitl I graduate. Violence is exactly the answer to an argument in a grocery store. Thanks, guys. I know exactly why my plan is to get a house in the middle of nowhere and to be as self-sufficient as possible. This right here. -_-

Anyways, the characters in the movie kept on having really angry shouting fights, so I left because it was super triggering to me. The professor doesn't stay anyways. I'll explain it to the TA because we work together elsewhere.

I am so done with this movie, but this is the only place that I can vent about it. I know that I mostly lurk here, but this is something I wish to share....
Re: Watching "Rabbit Hole" in Class... :mad2
April 21, 2015
Ok, so IMDB says that the teenage boy the moo stalks is the guy who was driving the car that hit her son. He's into comic books, and the moo and the teenage boy form some sort of friendship or something. So there you go, in case that comes up on a quiz, lol.

Gawd almighty though, this movie sounds T E D I O U S. All movies of this type feel tedious to me, movies where a chyuld dies and how the death drives some sort of mysterious wedge that I don't understand into the parents' relationship and drives their relationship all to hell. Yep, tedious.

seamstress
This main character lady walks up to a stranger who is trying to set boundaries with a kyd, tells the mom off, slaps the other lady, AND THE CLASS IS SIDING WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER.

It's like living in the Twilight Zone, isn't it?
April 21, 2015
I feell your pain seamstress having to deal with idiot pre/post-breeding morons. God forbid though you speak up and say what you really think. I remember being in World Lit class and studying Medea. I was apparently the only one who could see why she killed her sons. The fact that their father staying with their mother and providing the protection his name gave being the only thing standing between them and the highly racist ancient Greeks never occurred to my class. They saw only the part of her getting back at him, and even though that had a bearing on it they could not get past that. I'm afraid you are going to have a time of it with the wanna be mamma/papa bears sad smiley.

Just remember....that will never be you!grinning smiley
April 21, 2015
This only goes to show that wanna-breeds and breeders have little to no morals. They deal with problems using violence, because they don't understand that it isn't wrong.

Aren't we lucky to be stuck in a sea of sociopathic jerks, who think that they have a right to be violent, because they have chyldrun!!11!!
April 22, 2015
You are going to laugh but I've experienced a very similar "store situation" in a real life.
My colleague had a little boy. She wanted to teach him he couldn't get
everything he wanted because he was sort of spoiled.
She was shopping with him and he yelled he wanted a bag of candy. She refused.
He terrorised her but she didn't give in. When they were about to leave the store,
an older lady came to the boy, gave him a bag of candy and said something like:
When mommy is so mean to you a doesn't want to buy you candy, I will.

@ movie: low-quality

@ your class mates: no comment :-(
April 22, 2015
seamstress

And then we get to the grocery store scene. Main character lady is shopping with her sister. She sees a mawm and her young kid in the cart. Young kyd wants fruit rollups and is doing that "please....please....please I want fruit rollups....please....please...." and the mom is saying "No" each time and is getting frustrated with it. I guess she sounds a little angry. Main character lady walks up to the mom, tells her off, and tells the mawn to buy the fruit rollups, defending the kid. The mom says that they don't allow candy in the house, main character lady says that they're made with fruit. The mom makes some comment about how it's obvious that main character lady isn't a mawmmmmmmmm so her opinion means nothing, and the main character lady slaps her for it because she actually is a mawm, damn it!

Top ingredients of fruit rollups - Pears from Concentrate, Corn Syrup, Dried Corn Syrup, Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil...

Yep, made with "fruit". They are fruit flavored CANDY. I have never understood moos loading kids up on these things, all you do is read the ingredient list and see it's fucking candy. I would rather give a kid some dark chocolate treats for their sugar fix, it's got to be healthier.

Yeah, screw that character telling the other moo to give in to the whiny kid. Oh and for the violence too. Child-LESS women whether they ever had a kid and lost it or never had any, are nuts. They are just awful and yep, sometimes violent, to other moos and pregnant women. But society feels so baaad for them being so deprived so they get away with saying and doing all kinds of nasty things.
April 22, 2015
You're not going to believe this but the play was even worse--and yet it won the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for drama! The play makes a bigger deal of the moo's moo; i.e., the grandmother of the kid that was run over. Seems the grandmother's son (the moo's brother) committed suicide at age 30, so the grandmother keens through the whole play that she has suffered more than anyone else on the planet. (The rest of us are left thinking the suicide showed excellent taste in escaping these wailers.)

Some years the Pulitzer committee decides the drama pickings are so lean, they're not going to give a prize. Would that they had done so for that year.
April 22, 2015
mrs. chinaski
You are going to laugh but I've experienced a very similar "store situation" in a real life.
My colleague had a little boy. She wanted to teach him he couldn't get
everything he wanted because he was sort of spoiled.
She was shopping with him and he yelled he wanted a bag of candy. She refused.
He terrorised her but she didn't give in. When they were about to leave the store,
an older lady came to the boy, gave him a bag of candy and said something like:
When mommy is so mean to you a doesn't want to buy you candy, I will.

@ movie: low-quality

@ your class mates: no comment :-(

I hope that older woman comes to rue the day she did that. Aside from acquiescing to a brat's tantrum and demands, especially when it wasn't her place to, she's also teaching the brat to disrespect his mother. The little shit is vindicated that other people think his mother is mean and his mother loses either way whether she lets him keep the candy or takes it away because of his shitty behavior. This incident will only make it harder for his mother to home train the brat to behave.

I hope that brat grows up to rob or beat up that woman and she remembers that day she gave him candy and told him his mother was terrible.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 23, 2015
:-)))))

given how his father was it's not that unlikely :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login