Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"It Takes a Village?"(Moos share the fantasy)

Posted by kidlesskim 
"It Takes a Village?"(Moos share the fantasy)
October 23, 2011
http://forum.kellymom.net/showthread.php?t=157915

"It takes a village??
Well, my DS is now asleep for the night (well hopefully for an hour at least, because we have lots of cuddles and wake ups during the night too). Ewwww. I've got a pile of laundry to deal with, all the dishes from today, toys to clean up and the rubbish bins to deal with. All things that I haven't got around to, or that I can't figure out how to do with him in a sling -Has she never heard of a Pack-N-Play? CAGE the little bastard, NO "village" needed".eye rolling smiley especially now as he wants to join in whatever I'm doing Tell him NO! - reaching out and lunging towards everything! :Violin

So I think that there is something missing in this AP approach and EBF - especially if LO drinks for a loonnnng time and likes to be close or held the rest of it. It all makes sense to me, and seems like what I instinctively want to do, but the rest of life seems to go on hold....................... Last weekend my MIL, SIL, niece and some others were all here to stay. I had such a good day. There was always someone to hold DS, he had such fun with a busy house, food got cooked, laundry, cleaning, we even had a nap together and went to the park later. I've come to the conclusion that AP is indeed what we used to do and what we should do - but we are missing the rest of the village and trying to do it on our own..........................Bring back the village.... what do you think?I think you are a VERY lazy moo-cuntbouncing and laughing

And the lazy moos low

1)I 100% agree with this. A village is so necessary- even more so in the early weeks. I think. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to raise my children among lots of like minded family members and friends in a quiet and "not so busy and go, go, go" environment. A community of people whose only goal was to raise happy and healthy, well adjusted children. Those days are LONG GONE, so she might as well get over it.bouncing and laughing

I do have a village so to speak, but it wasn't given to me- I created it. My parents are probably the most important village members- always a call away and will come running at a moments notice, but we now have other family members and friends, neighbors and a caring high school mothers helper to lend a hand. Also- for us it has gotten so much easier as our kids have gotten a little older. We now use our "village" to play with, as an extra pair of watchful eyes when all the neighbor kids are outside playing together at the end of the day, as last minute childcare, if I run out of spaghetti sauce, etc. shrug Better them than me!

2)I have thought a lot about this, too, and agree wholeheartedly. It KILLS me how the voluntary decision to shit loaves and the work that comes along with it, they believe, should be shared by all! Both my parents and DH's parents live nearby, so, in a way, we could have a little village, but my temperament/personality and the culture in which I was raised have led me to be someone who really requires some privacy......NEVER crossing her mind that perhaps "the village" wants IT'S privacy(and peace) TOO. :headbrick

3)I agree 100%. Not only that, in a 'village' a mama would either contribute to her family's economic interests out of the home by gardening or smallholding, or her 'job' would be within a 15 minute walk of home, allowing her to parent during breaks. The industrial revolution has a lot to answer for ALL I can think of to respond to THIS bullshit is, saying 'wtf'

4)A secret: I daydream about living in a village like James Herriot's Darrowby, and since having DS, even 9months in, I still think of the story of his wife giving birth at the local midwife's home... and of all the people and how interconnected everyone was... For some reason that's my utopia it's how things are meant to be! BULLSHIT! It amazes me they even have these fantasies!:BS

5)I agree. But the village I'd like to have would not be giving out unwanted advice. Because otherwise, things do indeed get done, but moms gets crazy in the process. When I was pregnant and reading Ina May's book, I was also dreaming about a commune, just like Ings. That's typical Moo-think. They want the village to help raise their kids, but don't want their advice.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: "It Takes a Village?"(Moos share the fantasy)
October 23, 2011
Damn, Kim, you've got some doozies! That site is as nuts as that freaky MDC toilet.
Anonymous User
October 23, 2011
Bring back the village? When was it ever like that? They want slaves and underlings to deal with their "problems", people who wouldn't have their own voice. They just want to do less work then they already do.
October 23, 2011
dear SAHMoo,

the rest of the "village" are out working 9-5 and paying taxes so you can enjoy such niceties as clean water, decent roads, medical care, public schools, etc. while you and your brat are staying home and enjoying lots of cuddles.

fuck off.

love,
the village
October 23, 2011
DivaLasVegas
Damn, Kim, you've got some doozies! That site is as nuts as that freaky MDC toilet.

I haven't lurked on that kellymoo site in QUITE some time and I guessed I missed it!.bouncing and laughing At any given moment in time they have several MONTH'S worth of material for our fodder. That forum contains the udder feeders of grown kids as old as 8, co-sleepers of the entire famblee, "EC"(elimination communication) moos where they let the kids piss in mixing bowls while they nurse and don't wear diapers ever, and a plethora of extreme Attachment Parenting woes including obsession with their kids' penis, "intactalactivists"(the no circ-extended tit feeding bunch), obsession with their kids' bodily fluids, their OWN Bodily fluids, etc....... among many other topics and posts ripe for the harvest.drinking coffee

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
October 23, 2011
If she's got all that shit to do, why's she on the damn computer complaining about it?!

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
October 23, 2011
Yeah, wouldn't it be nice to have servants to do my work for me while worshiping my lazy ass?
October 23, 2011
If they want a damn village then I guess it is time to move into a van down by the river...
October 23, 2011
Too bad the "village" never gets a vote when and if the idiots reproduce.
October 23, 2011
evilchildlessbitch
Too bad the "village" never gets a vote when and if the idiots reproduce.

That's about how I feel about it. If I didn't have a say in the creation of kid, I have no responsibilities to it. Any interactions I have with kids are voluntary, and not things that I owe anyone.
Anonymous User
October 23, 2011
That thread makes me want to vomit. The entitlement! hardcore
October 23, 2011
I genuinelly think most of these cows would bring back feudalism or slavery in a heartbeat if it meant being able to foist their brats on someone else 23.5 out of 24 hours in the day.

"Me, me, me.....the village needs to give ME more help with the children I decided to have..." None of these bitches have talked about what THEY have done/ will do for the rest of the village because their selfish, lazy asses care fuck-all about reciprocity and true communalism. If old man Johnson teaches Bratleigh how to fish is moo going to give him a sponge bath or bring him a homecooked meal? If neighbor Suzette watches Whinenonna and Ritalynne for 2 hours on short notice will moo return the favor for Sneauxphlaiek and Derpo? FUCK NO.
October 23, 2011
Queen bees screw, then lay eggs. A colony of infertile workers attend to her and her babies' every need. They gather the food, feed the queen and the larvae, protect the hive, manage the hive, clean the hive, and do everything else.

What these women want isn't a village, but a colony centered around them.
October 23, 2011
pepper labeija
I genuinelly think most of these cows would bring back feudalism or slavery in a heartbeat if it meant being able to foist their brats on someone else 23.5 out of 24 hours in the day.

"Me, me, me.....the village needs to give ME more help with the children I decided to have..." None of these bitches have talked about what THEY have done/ will do for the rest of the village because their selfish, lazy asses care fuck-all about reciprocity and true communalism. If old man Johnson teaches Bratleigh how to fish is moo going to give him a sponge bath or bring him a homecooked meal? If neighbor Suzette watches Whinenonna and Ritalynne for 2 hours on short notice will moo return the favor for Sneauxphlaiek and Derpo? FUCK NO.

EXACTLY. These cunts want the "village" to do for them, but have ZERO interest in reciprocity.They also don't want the village to discipline the brats, but they expect them to feed, babysit, buy them shit, and just about everything else. I am surprised they don't expect the village to carry the loaf, shit it out, and raise it for them too. This is THEIR child, so why would they expect anyone ELSE to help raise the damned thing? confused smiley

October 23, 2011
This is their philosophy.

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin

October 23, 2011
Dear SHAMs everywhere,
Little did you know, there is a "village" you speak of, and it has decided to help you as you go through your busy lives. The village has decided to instill something we like to call a brat ban. This brat ban says you can't take your howler monkeys to certain restaurants, movie theaters, and any other place inappropriate for your little brats.
So instead of whining that your little brats aren't welcome somewhere, thank the village for teaching you right from wrong, because we ALL know you're too dumb to use common courtesy.

Sincerely,
Satan's Bitch with help from Jack Daniels
October 23, 2011
kidlesskim
They also don't want the village to discipline the brats, but they expect them to feed, babysit, buy them shit, and just about everything else.

Don't forget about the garbage cans with lids, gourmet Greek salad, and six packs of BLACK underwear size XXXL.

Oh, and make sure you don't greet or disturb MooOOOoo when you come over to clean her house for her. Just clean, leave gifts on the doorstep, and go.
Anonymous User
October 23, 2011
AWW HELL NAW.

IMHO, anyone who says "it takes a village" sounds like someone who wants to freeload. I think we should put all those "it takes a village" mommies on an island with their babies -their husbands likely won't come with good reason- and let them work out the fantasy of taking care of their kid plus a multitude of other people's at the same time. See if they're still singing that tune after 48 hours, or if they all want to kill each other instead. Watch the collectivist fantasy implode as the freeloader mommies taketh over and they realize it's not as glorious as they think it is....

Better yet, let's broadcast it on TV! Now that's a reality show I'd watch!
October 23, 2011
Jesus, I started hitting "quote" but each successive post above was even more pithy, priceless and TRUE than the last! You all totally rock.

Moo bitches want to pick our pockets to fund their unnecessary breeding, they want a "village" to pick up the slack where their lazy mooching asses leave off -- but they conveniently ignore that the original concept of the village was not about the rest of us supporting them and doing THEIR work but about the rest of the village DISCIPLINING them and their kids, serving as role models -- not fucking unpaid servants. The privilege of those who actually WORK and SUPPORT the village was to correct, instruct, punish and shape the younger generation.
October 23, 2011
Here's your clean black panties, a big pan of hot lasagna, and a shiny new garbage bin, too.

I will quietly leave them on your doorstep and tiptoe away, okay? winking smiley

Oh, and here's a fancy, expensive toy for your whelp's birthday, too! friendly hug kissing ass :hello
October 24, 2011
Wow

"intactalactivists"
Try saying THAT 3 times, fast! bouncing and laughing
Anonymous User
October 24, 2011
It's true that this is how things USED to be. It also used to be that if anyone in the village had a problem with unruly, brattish or disrespectful behaviour, any villager could clout the brat round the ear, drag it home to the parent, where it'd get another clout from Mum and then yet another from Dad later.

You can't ask the village to help you out if you won't help the village.

Stop your brats throwing stones at folk's windows.
Tell your brats that old peoples bungalows are NOT play areas.
Keep the fuckers INSIDE when it's dark and cold mid-winter.
When you observe your brat issuing profanity to an adult, tell the little bastard off!

Maybe then the village will actually help you out, you know if we're not gonna get jumped on by 'Mama Bear'. Intelligent folk generally leave bears alone with their own shit.
Anonymous User
October 24, 2011
"High School Mother's Helper"...you mean a baby sitter?
October 24, 2011
You moos lost " it takes a village" when you repeatly told to the villagers to go fuck themselves when they tried to help you out, now you want the villagers to come back to help you out. FUCK THAT AND FUCK YOU TOO!!!

angry flipping off
Anonymous User
October 24, 2011
frenzy
If she's got all that shit to do, why's she on the damn computer complaining about it?!
Because it's easier to complain about it online,than to just to get it done.Seems to be a theme among breeders.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login