Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pets for cfers

Posted by anoon 
anoon
pets for cfers
December 11, 2005
It doesn't make us look any flakier than the breeders, and for most of us cfers, we understand it. If I am happy that all I have to go home to is three cats, a rat , and a happy husband, what is so flaky about that unless you are a pet hatter? FUCK THAT SHIT! If I have to listen to how excited moo is about her shit bag, then I am just as entitled to talk about my little shit factories.
VLM
Re: pets for cfers
December 11, 2005
Get a fucking life, breeduh-loser. At least Cats are friendlier and more self-sustaining than a brat! Oh, but that's why you created the message, which makes YOU, in particular, look even more like a FLAKE. Dumb-ass!
Anonymous User
December 11, 2005
Yup. We have a right to talk about our pets and we aren't gonna let some bitchy Breeder-Pleaser stand in our way!
OP
December 11, 2005
OP here. Not a breeder.
Look, it's not about rights. Breeders have a right to talk about Bratley's soccer tournament, pet-owners have a right to counter with pookie's vet bills, and we all have the right to hold hands and sing tra-la-la till the morning light. That's all fine.
The point is that when breeders talk endlessly about croachloaves, it's annoying. We all know that: that's why we're here. Same deal with pet owners. Why wouldn't it be?
Maybe I'm being too hopeful here, but somehow I think we can do better than being "no flakier than the breeders."

sprogless
December 11, 2005
Then who thinks we're flaky? The breeders? Who gives a damn what they think? But, not all cf'ers have pets. They're not all motorcycle enthusiasts, either. The point is too much chatter about anything is annoying to someone who takes no interest in the topic.
KidFreeLuvnLife
December 12, 2005
Wow, I KNEW that post was going to get ripped in a big way!! LOL So here's my 2 cents! I have NO qualms about verbalizing the fact that I am SO UNBELIEVABLY THANKFUL that I don't have a house full of screaming loaves to go home to. I am more than HAPPY to tell people that I have 6 cats, 2 dogs and my wonderful boyfriend waiting for me at home. It's all in one's opinion of what is "the norm" to talk about. And I love the looks I get when I tell people I have a diabetic cat who needs insulin twice daily. And you know what is REALLY funny? We CFers with pets love to brag about having fuzzy faces waiting for us at home but I NEVER hear any parents talking about how happy they are to go home to their kids!!!!!! SO THERE! TAKE THAT BREEDERS!
Feh
December 12, 2005
I agree, it is annoying when anyone talks only about one thing. I also agree that anyone has the right to talk about anything they want, that said, I also have the right to stare blankly into space when you are going on and on about bullshit that I don't care about, and have never expressed interest in.

Needless to say, if I am so privledged to hear about the minute details of your kids' life, and I haven't passed out from the intense, mind-numbing boredom of it all, then you'll get the pleasure of hearing all about the things I enjoy; roller derby, DJ'ing, parties,travelling, my 2 cats, boyfriend, etc. Oh, but I guess all the free time I have that doesn't involve vomit, shit, or boogers must make me seem like a real flake.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.