Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Being a housewife shouldn't = baby maker.

Posted by quills 
Re: Being a housewife shouldn't = baby maker.
November 21, 2011
starlady

AGREED!! Exactly what I do. It IS a job. Not a job I go to that brings home a paycheck, but it's a job where I have responsibility for things that must be done. Some may think it's 'cushy' but it can be hard and time consuming. I get tired and I get sore from housework, cooking, yard work and running errands. Done right... it ain't no walk in the park.

I frequently think of it as being my husband's personal secretary/assistant.
November 21, 2011
In the military and never heard of Amway? It's a "pyramid scheme" that sells overpriced cleaning products. Oh, but its more than cleaners, its a whole way of life! Its not just selling but also recruiting other people to sell the products.

We had an Amway dealer once. The general cleaner is overpriced and they tell you to use less of it but when you end up having to use more it is your fault because your floor mut be really dirty. A lot of military familes are into it and I think Amway is popular in the South too. Their also really into "family values".

I would post a link but I'm afraid that if I do that we might get suckered into Amway.
November 21, 2011
mr. neptune
In the military and never heard of Amway? It's a "pyramid scheme" that sells overpriced cleaning products. Oh, but its more than cleaners, its a whole way of life! Its not just selling but also recruiting other people to sell the products.

We had an Amway dealer once. The general cleaner is overpriced and they tell you to use less of it but when you end up having to use more it is your fault because your floor mut be really dirty. A lot of military familes are into it and I think Amway is popular in the South too. Their also really into "family values".

I would post a link but I'm afraid that if I do that we might get suckered into Amway.

I probably haven't heard of it because I don't socialize with the other army wives. They're all breeders. I don't even go to their little Army Wife PTA meetings (it's really called FRG Family Readiness Group but it's just a place for them to show off their fuck trophies and pass around the same "info" over and over.) Good to know my avoiding them has saved me from what sounds like the cleaning supply version of Mary Kay /: which I never bought into either.
November 21, 2011
I too do much work at home, I'm in commodities. Metals, mainly. I analyze the markets and trade a few. I do work with a consulting group and do go to an office and meet with clients as well.

I used to work primarily *there* but then I injured myself and became deathly ill. That was 2 years ago and I *still* don't feel right.

Because of this my work mates *set up this place* for me. It is my colleague's rental house (that he can't unload), they put all the computer stuff in so I could work more here.

I need to haul my arse back to my own house and get back to work on my housewifery! But - this entails heavy construction, too.

Or at least heavy work. I hire people to do some of this, I have to do some to economize, but I also NEED the exercise! I can certainly haul garbage and clean up.

I cannot believe how run down I am though! (For those just tuning in ~ I was infected with e.coli and had to take all manner of weird drugs, from chemo stuff to Anthrax medicine.) (The cure was worse than the problem in some ways. Ug.)

I am 5'9" tall and weigh ~ 145 lbs. I should be, and normally am - "average" sized and fairly muscular. "In good shape".

I tried to clean today, I was bent over cleaning this fan, my legs and hips hurt so bad, I can't even tell you.

I went to the store, I got 3 2 liter bottles of pop, a 12 pack of beer, ice cream, couple other things. Walking in here I had the pops and stuff in one hand, the beer in the other.

I could barely lift this.

This is SO not good! In the past I could've carried ALL of this in one arm!

How will I be able to work on my house?

Sure, I can hire construction guys and I already have and will get the same ones. But the thought of even running a dust rag around exhausts me.

This is NOT good.

I am trying so hard to improve my health, I am so fucking tired and run down, yarg. I should not think that way though because I *do* feel somewhat better (the first year I was sick all the time, into the second I was yet run down and catching alot of things).

I can walk over a mile now without feeling like I'm going to collapse.

I LIKE to work on the home and have so many plans to make my house really cool. The construction guys feel sorry for me, I think.

Wait! I need one of these for a husband! smiling smiley

But - I still HAVE TO exercise or else I'm gonna get MS from the Anthrax medicine or something. Aye caramba!

It's funny, the "Old Man Vince" (this is the construction "boss") - he's 68, he's very good looking, he's in good shape but since I study him carefully grinning smiley - I can see he's getting a bit creaky.

Who's gonna collapse first? Me or Old Man Vince?

LOL. I try to keep a sense of humor about these things.

I WISH I could meet a guy where I could work on the home more and work my "regular job" less. It's boring. I make pretty good $ though.

I also AM TRYING to eat healthy to build myself back up, I always have for the most part, but now I am trying even harder.

I think this is IMPORTANT! Eating healthy and cooking is IMPORTANT. I don't care who is doing it. I would like to do more and make nice meals for my H. Many men tend to eat junk and I would be happy to make sure he can eat better. I often cook things for myself and think - it's too bad I don't have someone else to cook for too.

Housework is important and most of it IS time consuming, physically demanding, and tedious. Yeah I can SEE how hard it is now that I am so run down! sad smiley

And, I also get dizzy alot and am very clumsy. It's to the point where - even if I wouldn't have a man doing something 'for' me - I should probably have someone around just to "spot" me / watch me, because I am libel to injure myself and/or fall or something.

Ah.........

Too bad Old Man Vince isn't 15 years younger and single grinning smiley

People make rude comments to me, too.

Everything from - "must be nice" (work from home), to veiled comments that I'm screwing the guy that lets me use his house.

Uh NO, this is technically a 'field office' now, it can be written off as an operational expense, for the 'incapacitated employee' or whatever.

No, I'm not fucking the guy. I'm not fucking anybody. I do not feel well. I nearly died. Sex rarely crosses my mind (another bad sign of lingering illness) are you kidding me? I feel like I got Rigor Mortis or something.

People don't want to hear tales of illness, I'm very bloody tired of it myself and am trying to move forward, and why should I explain myself anyway?

Anyway, yeah, this is all over the place, sorry.

Construction Workers Wanted! grinning smiley
November 21, 2011
It is like Mary Kay. But I would think being in the military there would not be much demand for MK as there would be for Amway. If you went to one of those meetings you would probably be told to buy Amway because they need the business to suppor their large family. Generally, if you don't have kids you can probably get by cleaning with vinegar bleach and baking soda and Mr Clean and Tide and Dawn cost much less than Amway and work much better. Don't fall for those schemes.

Once years ago when Clinton was running for reelection he had a town meeting. One man asked him what Clinton was going to do to help small businesses. Clinton asked what kind of business it was: "Uh, its an Amway business". How could that not be so embarrassing?
November 21, 2011
mr. neptune
It is like Mary Kay. But I would think being in the military there would not be much demand for MK as there would be for Amway. If you went to one of those meetings you would probably be told to buy Amway because they need the business to suppor their large family. Generally, if you don't have kids you can probably get by cleaning with vinegar bleach and baking soda and Mr Clean and Tide and Dawn cost much less than Amway and work much better. Don't fall for those schemes.

Once years ago when Clinton was running for reelection he had a town meeting. One man asked him what Clinton was going to do to help small businesses. Clinton asked what kind of business it was: "Uh, its an Amway business". How could that not be so embarrassing?

There was another one like Amway that was popular in the 80's called HerbaLife. That was THE nastiest shit I ever put in my mouth.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 21, 2011
This thread brings back a lot of memories and none of them good. I spent three GD years as an "Army Wife" and it was the bigggest waste of time I will ever have to suffer. The "Army wives" and FRG are nothing except a giant waste of time. They are also very elitist, meaning that if you are not a fat, pointless waste of space just like they are you have no place in their little sphere. The fact I wasn't one of them never bothered me because I knew I was smarter than them. I never sprogged and that was how I pissed them off. Quills, if I can give you advice at this point it would be thst 99.9% of army wives are cunts and to treat them accordingly. You are smarter than they are. Always remember that.
November 21, 2011
quills

But this nimrod flat out used the "But you're female. You'll want kids." line on me. I even responded "No I won't. I'll rip my uterus out and wear it as a hat first." to which he immediately turns to my husband and says "Your wife is selfish I'm sure you want kids."

Is anyone else here a housewife? It seems like women with careers can at least use the "I don't want to give up my hard earned career for a brat." to ward people off but my being a housewife seems to fuel their fervor.

Ooo I love your uterus quote, may I borrow it? Thanks.

I'm a part time housewife (I do vacuuming, bathroom cleaning) hubby's a part time househusband (he does laundry) we both share cooking and dishes, yardwork (he mows, I sweep the driveway)
I don't think I left anything out.
November 21, 2011
mr. neptune

Maybe it was popular with a different branch of the military because I just asked my neighbor (the only nice person i've met on base and not even part of our battalion.) and she had never heard of it. And their family has been in the army 8 years and she's the leader of their battalion's FRG (she doesn't let people be bitches in hers.)
November 21, 2011
satansbitch
This thread brings back a lot of memories and none of them good. I spent three GD years as an "Army Wife" and it was the bigggest waste of time I will ever have to suffer. The "Army wives" and FRG are nothing except a giant waste of time. They are also very elitist, meaning that if you are not a fat, pointless waste of space just like they are you have no place in their little sphere. The fact I wasn't one of them never bothered me because I knew I was smarter than them. I never sprogged and that was how I pissed them off. Quills, if I can give you advice at this point it would be thst 99.9% of army wives are cunts and to treat them accordingly. You are smarter than they are. Always remember that.

I don't consider being an army wife a waste of time. There's so much more to it than being around other army wives. It means I'm there for my husband even when he's across the ocean. To me it's a big responsibility to be that kind of support for him.

Don't worry I figured out how bitchy they were after the first and only FRG meeting i went to. Luckily I really don;t need IRL friends near me. I just never have. I have an acquaintance on base that falls into the .01% of non cunt army wives and that suits me fine. I pissed the wives off in our group because I flat out refused to have anything to do with them after day one of meeting them. I don;t surround myself with useless fleshbags.
November 21, 2011
kidlesskim
mr. neptune

There was another one like Amway that was popular in the 80's called HerbaLife. That was THE nastiest shit I ever put in my mouth.

KK, you are so right, that was nasty shit! Rip off too!
November 21, 2011
quills
mr. neptune

Maybe it was popular with a different branch of the military because I just asked my neighbor (the only nice person i've met on base and not even part of our battalion.) and she had never heard of it. And their family has been in the army 8 years and she's the leader of their battalion's FRG (she doesn't let people be bitches in hers.)

The Amway brochure with pictures of Amway dealers showed a lot of Air Force couples with the uniform. Do you find the military to be breederific? I would think so because they like large families because when there are a lot of kids, they tend to join the military because there is no money for college or career opportunities and when you are poor, you join the service.
November 21, 2011
mr. neptune
kidlesskim
mr. neptune

My mother ordered an entire pantry full of it and she and my dad did it for weeks on end. I tried it ONCE, the powdered mix, and was completely disgusted and I generally like breakfast drinks and drinks like Slender and the Dr Atkins "diet" drinks and mixes. That's been over 20 years ago and I can still imagine the taste (soured cardboard) and consistency(sand water) of it. HOW it has remained on the market is BEYOND me.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 21, 2011
kidlesskim
mr. neptune
kidlesskim
mr. neptune

My mother ordered an entire pantry full of it and she and my dad did it for weeks on end. I tried it ONCE, the powdered mix, and was completely disgusted and I generally like breakfast drinks and drinks like Slender and the Dr Atkins "diet" drinks and mixes. That's been over 20 years ago and I can still imagine the taste (soured cardboard) and consistency(sand water) of it. HOW it has remained on the market is BEYOND me.

I remember that Herbalife stuff. Your description is pretty accurate. It was NASTY. My mother also ordered a whole bunch of that stuff and I tried some when I was a kid. I could swear it was in the early 90s though.
November 22, 2011
Snark Shark

NO WONDER I saw a Father, a Son, and a Holy Ghost looking confused in the parking lot!

Not my fault. They shoulda kept their bitch in line, yo.

Snark Shark

maybe he's RETARDED!

"GURL NOT WANT BABBY? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA?"

He is freaking retarded. His wife is a wannamoo extreme. I got cornered by her once. I think she was very confused that I kept WALKING AWAY as she was trying to blather about how great babies are. I ended up whipping out my Nook and pointedly reading while exclaiming "OH MY, JONATHAN SWIFT IS SUCH A MARVELOUS AUTHOR! BABIES SOUND DELICIOUS!". I now avoid any army event that I can because I got sick of being cornered. Being at a crowded public event puts me off my game too much to handle such with my usual cruel attitude.
November 22, 2011
mr. neptune

The Amway brochure with pictures of Amway dealers showed a lot of Air Force couples with the uniform. Do you find the military to be breederific? I would think so because they like large families because when there are a lot of kids, they tend to join the military because there is no money for college or career opportunities and when you are poor, you join the service.
I could have SWORN I replied to this but I see it no where in the thread now.....wtf.

If it's centered mostly on Airforce and not Army (the branches really do not intermingle they normally are on separate bases. There are only Army families on ours for instance because it's an army base airforce people are on a separate base nearby.) that would explain why neither I nor my neighbor have heard of it.

The people here are indeed breederific but I'm not so sure the military likes large families. They're pretty good about letting the guys get snipped whenever they want (and fully paid for yay military health stuff) and it's not like their budgeting funds are unlimited. Oh they definitely aren't.
November 22, 2011
quills, welcome to the board!
I'm coming in a bit late here, but I'm one of those people with an unconventional lifestyle too. I'm a phone sex operator and work full-time from home. I am also writing a novel (which should be ready by early next year) and on the verge of opening a small business with my boyfriend. We don't live together, but that may change in the near future.

I tend to stay away from breeders, because if they aren't bugging me about the marriage / babies thing, they are appalled by the fact that I make my money in the adult entertainment industry. They automatically peg me as a whore (which is laughable, because I've been monogamous with the same man for eleven years now.)

I also suffer with anxiety and other mental problems due to being the survivor of a violent crime. I try to tell people as little about my life as possible. I find that if you don't fit in their little bubble of what is considered an acceptable lifestyle, they will treat you like a pariah.

I might tell people that I"m a writer and business owner, but leave out the part of the pso because I know that it'll bring out the asshole in people since they don't understand. I also don't discuss my MI in real life, because it makes people uncomfortable. If I get to know a person really well and we become good friends, I can let them in on things little by little.

The interesting thing, is many people who chose to follow the lifescript are some of the most miserable individuals you will ever meet...while those who chose to stray from the path and follow their own hearts seem to be more content and less stressed with the way things are going.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login