Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2317 Moo Leave

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2317 Moo Leave
May 16, 2007
Ya know, your "letter" brought up an interesting thing that happened here at work a few years ago. A lesbian childfree co-worker broke her leg very badly skiing in Vermont with friends. She had to have surgery to repair the leg, and have the leg casted for gawd knows how long, keep it elevated, etc.

2 weeks after her surgery, she started getting the phone calls from her manager. "When are you coming back" "We're soooo busy here, can't you do some work from home" "Can you have your partner drive you in and we'll make sure you don't have to leave your desk at all?" "Can we arrange for transportation to get you to and from work?" Her answer? NO. Period. She threatened legal action and never heard a word again.

What pisses me off is that they don't do this shit to new mommies. Oh no, their time off is FAAAAAR more valuable because she is doing TMIJITW, not recovering from a badly broken femur.

They pulled this shit with a guy here who had a heart valve replacement too. Only he was a pussy and gave in, he came back before his doctor would allow him to because he didn't want to get fired. Shit, fire him and he'd own the place!

Unfortunately, this woman quit shortly after returning, citing the fact that if this is how they care about their employees, she wants no parts of the company.
Re: 2317 Moo Leave
May 16, 2007
Like the letter I wrote to Ms. Goodman that is on this message board, I got the same thing from a moo-friendly workplace. My period pains and body reaction were very bad one month. My hands were literally shaking. I called that answering service where I worked -- the one where the moos would leave early on a busy Friday or Saturday night leaving me, the most experienced operator to handle the heavy call volume on the higher-clearance calls. Of course, the owner's wife whined asking if I could come in for "check out" (the busiest time of the weekday when offices are closing up and transferring the lines). I told this cunt that I would not be calling off sick if I could drag myself in the office for an hour-and-a-half and she needed to look at the mothers who leave early on Fridays when it is a freaking zoo at even 9pm. Fucking ho! That is why I ended up quitting that job after more than a year with them.
May 16, 2007
An old roommate who worked in the child care industry had a similar situation, execpt it involved a death. She was an only child with no living relatives except her mother. After trying to get ahold of her mother for a week or so with no success, she called the sheriff to do a check at her house. He called back the next day to inform her that he found her mother dead of natural causes in her easy chair. Needless to say, this was a great shock to my friend, and a huge thing to deal with as she had to travel 4 states away and deal with everything herself...including replacing the floor under where her mother had sat dead. She asked for, and got, a month leave from her employer. After she was away for about a week, I get a message from her employer asking for the number where she was. I stalled for about a week, and when I fnally called them I asked if this was for a work issue. They said yes, and I said that I didn't think it was appropriate for them to be calling her about that at this time, but I would forward a message to her. When she returned, I asked her if she contacted her employer and she said "yes" and I asked what it was about, and she said they were trying to get her to come back from leave early because her childed co-teacher kept taking days off for her "sick" child and leaving them short staffed.
I'd add here that my friends mother died only couple weeks after a knife weilding man in the midst of a psychotic break walked into the day care, slashed one of the male teachers, and held a class room hostage until the cops shot him infront of everyone. The childed coworker? She was out with her sick child that day, but still felt it necessicary to seek the free psychological help as well.
May 17, 2007
At that answering service I worked: the one where the moos constantly left early during the busiest times of the shifts, it was the same way. The owner's wife, who was SUPPOSED to manage the office, never said a thing other than veiled threats. The main overnight operator lost her father a few years ago. Her parents were from Armenia so Mother needed her daughter around a little longer than the three bereavement day...not that this small business paid for the leave. The lady's mom had trouble getting around as she was older. On the fourth night, the cunt who married into the business called demanding my former co-worker come back to work as her husband did not want to work all night any longer. Get this: these people were also "good Christians" and did so much at their church. Just another reason to dislike people of this religion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login