Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The voices in MY head say to paddle the hell out of this boy...

Posted by kman 
The voices in MY head say to paddle the hell out of this boy...
February 11, 2012
If he's hearing "voices in his head" now and doing all this, what will he be doing in ten years? (Remove spaces in "http" and "www", cut, and paste.)

And have you noticed that no one ever says that "voices in my head" said to do anything good: it's always something bad or destructive. "Gee, the voices told me to volunteer at the local soup kitchen!" Not. That tells me the phenomenon is bullshit and a phony excuse. Paddle his little ass!

h t t p:// w w w.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-official-7yearold-will-not-face-charges-in-sisters-death-20120208,0,5711590.story

Excerpts:

PETERSBURG, VA - A 7-year-old whose parents said he started a deadly fire at their trailer home in Petersburg will not face charges. …

The boy's parents said he set Monday's fire because voices told him to do so.

Two-year old Shea Shea Yates died from burns and smoke inhalation she suffered in the blaze. …

The couple’s 7-year-old son has admitted to police that he started the fire with a lighter and a blanket. They also said that this behavior is part of a pattern.

“We’ve tried to get our son help,” said Peatree. “He’s set fire to our neighbors trailer a few months ago, on Christmas night he left in the middle of the night and rode his bike up
[busy US route] 460 for four miles.”

“He also has been cruel to animals and killed them,” claimed Peatree.

According to the couple, their son is getting help at Tuckers Mental Institution.
Re: The voices in MY head say to paddle the hell out of this boy...
February 11, 2012
"Remember, only an ass paddling can prevent kiddie trailer fires"
Awwww, lookit the budding serial killer! I hope he has the proper redneck given name-middle name-surname combination.
February 11, 2012
paragon schnitzophonic
Awwww, lookit the budding serial killer! I hope he has the proper redneck given name-middle name-surname combination.

Billy Joe Bob Ray Carl Junior? smile rolling left rightsmile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
February 11, 2012
trekkie monster
paragon schnitzophonic

Almost. You have to work "Wayne" in there somewhere too.

I grew up in Tennessee and when I was in college I started wondering why it seemed that nearly every death row inmate I'd ever heard of on the news my whole life had a first-middle name combo like Billy Wayne, Bobby Wayne, Robert Wayne, Michael Wayne or Steven Wayne. It was bizarre.
February 11, 2012
kman
“He also has been cruel to animals and killed them,”

Holy shit. Euthanize the little prick.
February 11, 2012
It gets better. If comments on some sites are correct, the boy has a different mother from the girl who died, so the woman was taking care of another woman's child full-time. This raises a lot of questions and possibilities. What if the boy's mother was jealous of the new woman and persuaded the boy to set the fires?

And that's just for starters. Could the boy have intended to kill the girl? Would that have happened more directly eventually were it not for this tragedy? He was harming animals, after all. Those who hurt animals today usually escalate to harming people tomorrow.

The most important question, and one that never seems to be asked in these fires is this: why did the boy have access to lighters in the first place, especially after setting the previous fire? In all too many cases, one of the adults in the home smokes and carelessly leaves cigs and matches or lighters around that children can pick up. Bet that happened here.
February 11, 2012
The lighters were probably from useless Moo and Duh's disgusting chain smoking habit. Just give the little shit a lethal injection right now and save the rest of humanity the headache.
February 11, 2012
"And have you noticed that no one ever says that "voices in my head" said to do anything good: it's always something bad or destructive."

I never even thought about that until right now. You really never do hear anyone say "The voices told me to go up the street and wash my elderly neighbor's car, take out her trash and mow her yard."

I believe that some people really do hear voices. I certainly wouldn't want to be one of them. I have enough problems with one person being in my head. But I do wonder why the hallucinations tell people to do dangerous, violent or destructive things instead of good or neutral things. Add in the fact that little kids have zero discernment - can't tell just really really wanting to do something from someone in your head "telling" you to do it. How many millions of times have you seen a kid get in trouble and a parent ask "Why did you do that that?!" only to have the kid say "Ida know" or "I couldn't help it"?smile rolling left righteyes2
February 11, 2012
kman
It gets better. If comments on some sites are correct, the boy has a different mother from the girl who died, so the woman was taking care of another woman's child full-time. This raises a lot of questions and possibilities. What if the boy's mother was jealous of the new woman and persuaded the boy to set the fires?

And that's just for starters. Could the boy have intended to kill the girl? Would that have happened more directly eventually were it not for this tragedy? He was harming animals, after all. Those who hurt animals today usually escalate to harming people tomorrow.

The most important question, and one that never seems to be asked in these fires is this: why did the boy have access to lighters in the first place, especially after setting the previous fire? In all too many cases, one of the adults in the home smokes and carelessly leaves cigs and matches or lighters around that children can pick up. Bet that happened here.

i smell a deadly women episode
February 11, 2012
spinstar
"And have you noticed that no one ever says that "voices in my head" said to do anything good: it's always something bad or destructive."

I never even thought about that until right now. You really never do hear anyone say "The voices told me to go up the street and wash my elderly neighbor's car, take out her trash and mow her yard."

I believe that some people really do hear voices. I certainly wouldn't want to be one of them. I have enough problems with one person being in my head. But I do wonder why the hallucinations tell people to do dangerous, violent or destructive things instead of good or neutral things. Add in the fact that little kids have zero discernment - can't tell just really really wanting to do something from someone in your head "telling" you to do it. How many millions of times have you seen a kid get in trouble and a parent ask "Why did you do that that?!" only to have the kid say "Ida know" or "I couldn't help it"?smile rolling left righteyes2

I remember watching a Rescue 911 episode where some little genius four year old shut himself in the trunk of the family car and somehow jammed the lock. When responders pulled him out and asked him why he did it, he said King Kong told him to. smile rolling left righteyes2
February 11, 2012
Shiny
spinstar

I remember watching a Rescue 911 episode where some little genius four year old shut himself in the trunk of the family car and somehow jammed the lock. When responders pulled him out and asked him why he did it, he said King Kong told him to. smile rolling left righteyes2

make a bet if he said "the voices in my head told me to give away all my money", they'd have his ass locked up quickly.
February 11, 2012
To bring back an old saying: He needs to be locked up, and the key thrown away.
February 11, 2012
so let's recap: budding psychopath has set 2 fires, killed animals, one other kid and he's not even 10 years old? ummm...he should not be getting help at tuckers mental institution; he should be living there.
If I skip a full night's sleep, AND lay down to rest near a white noise source, I start to hear voices talking to me as I get close to sleep.

And you know what? It is ALWAYS shit that was running around in my own head anyways. Yes, it's weird to hear it "coming from outside my head", but it's my own thoughts.

Hence, I believe these "the voices made me do it" people have these thoughts themselves, and should be punished like sane people would be. Or lobotomized, I guess, but then we have to pay for vegetables. Medicated to oblivion and jailed as if it were premeditated, yeah.

Now I fully admit that I may be talking out my ass. What I have is no schizophrenia, I am easily suggestible in a tired state, is all my problem is. My husband looks at me funny when I tell him about the voices in the white noise phenomenon... sad smiley
It's just my own brain chatter! I'd have been thinking it anyways, I just get confused about the source. It's good incentive to take care of myself! LOL!
February 12, 2012
maybe there are people whose "voices" tell them to do good things...but mowing an elderly neighbor's lawn or feeding a stray cat isn't likely to make the news!
LOL. People have 'voices' tell them what to do all the time, from trying a new book to preaching to cannibals in Ah-frick-uh.

It's when those 'voices' tell them to do violent nonsense like this that society needs to react. And quickly.
February 13, 2012
spinstar
trekkie monster
paragon schnitzophonic

Almost. You have to work "Wayne" in there somewhere too.

I grew up in Tennessee and when I was in college I started wondering why it seemed that nearly every death row inmate I'd ever heard of on the news my whole life had a first-middle name combo like Billy Wayne, Bobby Wayne, Robert Wayne, Michael Wayne or Steven Wayne. It was bizarre.

Dwayne also works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login