Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Frothy: Rape victims should "Make the best of bad situation"

Posted by toomanybrats 
Frothy is an ironic PBR drinker...look at me, I drive a 100K car, I made 3M last year but I am drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon so I am just like you working class stiffs.

People are actually buying it though.
navi8orgirl NLI
Frothy is an ironic PBR drinker...look at me, I drive a 100K car, I made 3M last year but I am drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon so I am just like you working class stiffs.

People are actually buying it though.

That seems to be the new neo-conservative MO. "Hey, I drink cheap shitty beer on my front porch just like ya'll. Only difference is that I make more money per year than you'll ever see in your entire life." People bought that shit with G.W. Bush (granted, his name does kind of sound like a beer).
Re: Frothy: Rape victims should "Make the best of bad situation"
February 29, 2012
At least with Bush, it was more of a cultural than a class thing. True, he projected himself as a country boy/ yee haa! / I jus love ta hunt an fish an drink beer...but I don't think that was entirely an act. These activities transcend class (though Bush really did lay it on thick!)

With Santordum, it's just SO painfully obvious that he has no identification with the working class. I can see kicking back with W and having some shits and giggles, because I've known some true "new money" rednecks that act exactly like him. But Frothy is just fake, fake, fake. If I have to hear "My grandparents were Italian immigrants" one more time...! angry flipping off
February 29, 2012

February 29, 2012
Dorisan, thumbs upwink

Love the poster. Only I suspect many of these frothing at the mouth fundies are deep in the closet. Heternormativity is their cover. A broodmare and a bunch of ankle biters make a great closet.
February 29, 2012
meh, I read that he campaigned about how he wanted women to vote for him. he said something like women are important, women are now working outside their home and he respected them.
really, I mean, really?
February 29, 2012
Until men can get pregnant, they need to STFU about abortion and birth. They do NOT have a say in the matter. Period.
March 01, 2012
selidororous
Until men can get pregnant, they need to STFU about abortion and birth. They do NOT have a say in the matter. Period.

Until my neighbor can magically transplant a fetus from my uterus to hers, she also has no say in whether I have an abortion.

(And even then she doesn't, because I still have ethical concerns about my biological material being used in that way.)

March 02, 2012
Jennifer K

Now that's funny! waving hellolarious

I :emoheart that woman!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Re: making the most of a bad situation...

I hope he is violently gang-raped by the most well-hung gang of prison escapees, ever. Then, when his asshole is all sore and huge and loose (rectal prolapse, anyone?), he can just make the most of a bad situation NOT by getting his ass re-sleeved (paid for by health insurance), but by sucking it up and dealing with the lifelong consequences of something he did NOT choose for himself.

Also, he could hide the remote in there, when he's sick of people flipping through the channels, and you KNOW those fucking kids aren't going to get off their asses and press buttons on the actual TV.
WaterLily
ihatebreeders
WaterLily

I'm half tempted to do a write in for Florida Senator Col. Allen West.

He's just as fucked up as Santorum and the rest of the GOP loons.

Sure, if your a democrat.

It would make sense to write in a childfree politician like Gabrielle Giffords for example.

Allen West is a duh'd after all.
From today's paper, by Scot Lehigh:

http://bostonglobe.com/opinion/2012/03/02/open-mouth-insert-foot/D74VLYxSVehL8BwkewkO6O/story.html

(Actually, it's more about Romney, but still...)

Second half:

.............If Romney’s gaffes have been more puzzling than revealing, Santorum’s have been more revealing than puzzling. With the national spotlight giving him a banner opportunity to expand his message and his appeal, the former Pennsylvania senator instead headed in the opposite direction.

Most notably, he went on national TV and doubled down on his previous assertions that he’d “almost thrown up’’ upon first reading JFK’s famous 1960 speech about religion and politics. Appearing on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos,’’ Santorum contended, erroneously, that Kennedy had declared that “people of faith have no role in the public square,’’ before adding: “You bet that makes you throw up.’’

Put aside the juvenile nature of Santorum’s regurgitative rhetoric. Kennedy’s overarching points were that no religion should attempt to make the US president the instrument of its beliefs and that no president should seek to impose his personal religious beliefs upon the nation; that no one should be favored or discriminated against based on his religion; and that all religions should be treated equally, with none enjoying official preferences or suffering disadvantages.

The adamancy with which Santorum tried to twist JFK’s formulation into an exclusion of people of faith was telling. So, too, was the fact that he lost Michigan’s Catholic vote to Romney.

Equally instructive was his attempt to stoke class resentment by labeling Obama a “snob’’ because the president has urged Americans to seek some post-secondary-school education or training.

In Santorum’s hyper-partisan world view, Obama wants students to go to college because colleges are “indoctrination mills’’ where liberal beliefs are forced upon them and resolute conservatives are ridiculed.

Unlike Romney’s, Santorum’s gaffes bit back. They revealed, in political prime time, a pugnacious politician simmering with ill-conceived resentments. In Santorum’s case, voters did more than just wince. They recoiled - and with good reason.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login