Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

breastfeeding has become a moral crusade

Posted by mercurior 
breastfeeding has become a moral crusade
August 07, 2007
http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/3705/

Katie Price, also known as Jordan, the British glamour model with big ambitions and even bigger breasts, has long taken pleasure in shocking the more uptight and prissy inhabitants of Britain’s cultural landscape.

She has inflated her breasts to 34 FF. She’s posed topless for the Sun, nude for FHM, and Wow, Really Nude for Playboy. She used to turn up to movie premieres in items of clothing so revealing they made the once-shocking miniskirt look like the fashion equivalent of the burqa. She stood in the 2001 UK General Election, promising voters free breast implants, more nudist beaches and a complete ban on parking tickets (she got 713 votes). And amidst a cacophony of caterwauling about what a thick chav she allegedly is (the Chavscum website calls her ‘tacky talentless scum’ and a ‘munting annoyance’), she has built a formidable one-woman modelling and promotions business. According to the Daily Mail’s list of ‘Britain’s Richest Celebrity Chavs’, Price is worth £30million, making her one of the wealthiest women in Britain.

Now she has done something that is apparently more shocking than anything on that list of nose-thumbing, puritan-baiting activities. This time she’s really wound up those who fancy themselves as the guardians of our moral values. She has caused a ‘furious row’, and has been accused of taking part in an ‘extremely cynical…stunt’. One organisation has denounced her as ‘appalling’ and is planning to make a complaint about Price and others to the Advertising Standards Authority. What did Katie do next, to attract renewed attacks on her character? You had better be sitting down before you read this: She posed for a photograph in which she is shown bottlefeeding her newborn baby.

That’s right – in the current issue of the celebrity magazine OK!, a postnatal yet glamorous Price can clearly be seen feeding her three-week-old daughter, Princess Tiaamii, from a bottle. What’s worse, the bottle says ‘SMA’ on it, SMA being one of the leading manufacturers of formula milk for babies. The breastfeeding lobby is up in arms. As a headline in yesterday’s Independent on Sunday put it: ‘Breastfeeding lobby criticises Jordan for infant formula “stunt”.’ Groups such as the National Childbirth Trust and Baby Milk Action have slammed OK! as irresponsible for publishing such a photo during World Breastfeeding Week and at a time when ‘in this country, only 48 per cent of six-week-old babies are breastfed, while a quarter of babies get no breast milk’ (1). They believe that Price and OK! may be in cahoots with SMA. There is a ban in Britain on promoting infant formula for babies under the age of six months, and some suspect that Price’s photo-shoot – in which a loving mother is shown feeding her lovely newborn baby with a bottle of SMA-branded formula – is an ‘appalling’ cynical attempt to circumvent the ban (2). Elsewhere in the current OK! there is an advert for SMA milk for babies over the age of six months.

Anyone who picks up the current issue of OK! probably would not be shocked by the Katie Price photo-shoot (unless you have an aversion to pink and half-naked, permantanned celebrities). It is your average ‘introducing the latest celeb baby to the world’ type of spread. There are 19 bright and at times garish full-colour photos of Price, her husband Peter Andre, the former singer, and their daughter Princess Tiaamii – and only in one photo is Price shown bottlefeeding her daughter. Yet that is one photo too many for to the breastfeeding lobby. Today’s breastfeeding moralists – or ‘militant lactivists’ as they call themselves in the States – believe that mums should exclusively breastfeed for the first six months (and longer if possible) and should shun the bottle entirely

Mothers who exclusively breastfeed are seen as natural and earthy. They’re seen as women who are willing to follow the advice of Health Workers Who Know Better and to elevate the interests of their newborn baby above their own. Their use of their breasts for feeding is taken as a sign that they have bought into the current trend for child-centred parenting (4).

more on site

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: breastfeeding has become a moral crusade
August 07, 2007
Did any of the lowing titnazis think that maybe after you've inflated your boobs to FF, your milk production capabilities might be less than sufficient? From what little I do know of the topic many women are unable to breastfeed, so what are they supposed to do since formula is apparently banned? I guess those kids can starve.
August 07, 2007
exactly.. i say if they must do it in private, if they have to do it in public use a bottle, best of both worlds.. jordan makes her money due to her breasts.. to have them baby chewed would stop her working.. i dont like her as i think she is a bimbo, but.. she made a stance.. for that she gets one bonus point

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 07, 2007
Katie/Jordan (or whatever her name is now) wants another excuse to show off her big boobies. It's also an excuse to show off her stupidly-named crotchfruit. Moooooooooo!

From what little I do know of the topic many women are unable to breastfeed, so what are they supposed to do since formula is apparently banned? I guess those kids can starve.

Yesterday, the Law and Order rerun featured that very plot, where a very young, easily intimadated mother who was bullied by the titnazi league to breastfeed only, including signing a contract, resulting in a dead baby. They really got some good shots in at the Breast Only idiots.
August 08, 2007
I wish these cows would just use a private area to do this and quit trying to make their little statements.

They're never going to "show the world" that BF'ing isn't as "disgusting" as we all know it is, so they should quit while they are ahead.
Anonymous User
August 08, 2007
What the fuck ever happened to PERSONAL CHOICE? Some women can't tit-feed, some just don't want to. The tit-nazis need to just STFU about this and let new mothers make their own, informed choices.

BTW, I was formula-fed, and so was my brother, and we turned out perfectly healthy. From what I know of bottle-feeding, there are many different kinds of formula out there, and the pediatrician can suggest the one that is best for any particular loaf.

WTF are teh tit-nazis gaining by this, anyway? They are some serious nutjobs!
August 08, 2007
This is a nauseating story that fits in here. At a breastfeeding demonstration, 29 happy babies (features moo and attachment picture): http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/08/at_a_breastfeed.html
Anonymous User
August 08, 2007
Attention all female baseball fans:

There will be a Tampon Change-In, which will be held at Fenway Park this coming Sunday. This is not only in protest of the very long ladies' room lines at the ballpark, but also to educate people about how menstruation is a NATURAL bodily function, and we must all embrace and accept it.

Next week, we will be holding the Ladies' Pee-In, once again, not only to protest the long lines, but to celebrate the natural process of urination. Dammit, if they are gonna sell beer at this place, then we have the RIGHT to pee when and where we feel like!
----------
I made the above up, of course. But does it really sound that much more ridiculous than the tit-nazis and their silly "nurse-ins"?
August 09, 2007
Catmommy, the Pee-In, I LIKE that idea! And Boston just happens to be my favorite city, so I'll be there!

For anyone planning to attend, be sure to drink lots of water prior to showing up! Get a head start before the beer consumption!!! LOL!
August 09, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Catmommy, the Pee-In, I LIKE that idea! And
> Boston just happens to be my favorite city, so
> I'll be there!
>
> For anyone planning to attend, be sure to drink
> lots of water prior to showing up! Get a head
> start before the beer consumption!!! LOL!

How 'bout a Shit-In. That is how I can get after too much coffee. Hey...defecating is as natural as breastfeeding.
drinking coffee
August 09, 2007
i once went through boston wink... well so to speak.. does that count wink

August 09, 2007
Five breast-feeding mistakes new moms make, and how to fix them

Entire article from Booby Brigade: http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/08/09/ep.breastfeeding/index.html

A mistake: Moms get intimidated breast-feeding in public

Solution: Have snappy comebacks at the ready

Clowes says occasionally mothers in her group reported getting nasty comments when they've breast-fed in public. She suggests having a few retorts at the ready. On her Web site, crankylittleman.com, she has these two suggestions: "If you're uncomfortable seeing my baby eat, you are welcome to cover yourself with this baby blanket. I'll let you know when we're done," and "You think this is something? You oughtta see where he came out!"

This is a good time to cover moo with shit, piss, blood or anything else natural.
Anonymous User
August 09, 2007
I was also formula-fed--my mom tried breastfeeding for about two weeks and couldn't take it past the discomfort, exhaustion, and post-partum depression. And look: I'm not a loser nor a druggie nor a psychopath nor extremely unhappy and unfulfilled in my life. Imagine that.

I don't understand the titnazis. They get seriously pissed to hear someone doesn't breastfeed--you'd think the person said they beat the kid or something. Some go so far as to say it should be considered child abuse to not breast feed your kid!!!

My cousin's baby registry included stuff like breast pumps. My mom was mentioning this as she said "I'm guessing she's planning to breastfeed judging by some of the stuff on the registry. I told my mom "uh, some things you should probably just buy for yourself and keep to yourself. Nobody needed to know what she did with her boobs at any other point in her life, and they don't need to know now." I mean, seriously. If I went up to someone and said "hey, my SO was sucking on my tits last night" they'd give me A Horrified Look. But if I went up to them and said "hey, my kid was sucking on my tits last night" they'd think it was sooooo pwecious and responsible of me... GAG!! Some stuff should be private! At least she didn't put post-partum maxi pads and hemorrhoid cream on the registry, y'know? I mean, OMG. I really do NOT need to think of her, her boobs, or her kid that way, y'know?
August 10, 2007
see breastfeeding apparently releases a hormone into the womans body, a happy endorphin, so really they are drug addicts..

August 10, 2007
I think it's ironic that the breast feeding crowd is so eager to tout the inmmunity boost breast milk gives, but they're also the crowd that abuses antibiotics and needs every single thing to be antibacterial, both of which makes it very easy to create resistant and stronger strains of viruses and bacteria which no amount of breast feeding or medical intervention will cure.
Anonymous User
August 10, 2007
Not to mention that these are the same women who eat chemical and preservative laden foods with reckless abandon all throughout and after their pregnancies -- pumping all of that shit straight into their kids' bodies. But you still hear them all saying how breast milk is more nutritious and they're giving their kids the "best start". It's even funnier when you hear a woman say that while one of her older kids is eating a microwaved pizza pocket or other junk food.
Anonymous User
September 06, 2007
I personally like this little nugget:

" Bryant said the babies were from three weeks old to about three years old -- and all of them took advantage of the moment."

Three Years OLd and still boobfeeding? Seriously? That has to hurt and border on Child abuse in my opinion.
September 07, 2007
Nipple abuse at the very least.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login