Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"My Secret Grief. Over 35, Single and Childless" (article)

Posted by kidlesskim 
Well, I don't get why many of you are so rageful and bitter about this. So she's sad she never had kids. So she wrote an article about it. So? So why post it here and be so angry and incensed about it? I don't see how her and her feelings really affect you at all? If you don't like it.....yanno, can't you just ignore it?

I think you guys are kind of proving the point she's trying to make though: People in her situation - chosen or not - experience endless nonstop viscious hate and vitriol from people like you. Tearing her apart with hate and vitriol just proves the point she's trying to make: she's at the receiving end of a lot of hate and vitriol, and a lot of misunderstanding. You are acting exactly as she predicted you would. You aren't saying anything new that she hasn't heard 1000x before, you know? The article was about the fact that people typically behave as you are behaving now.

So, I don't really get the point you all are trying to make with this thread?

I guess you guys find it hard to cope with women wanting children and want to cry yourselves a river about this fact?

Re: "My Secret Grief. Over 35, Single and Childless" (article)
April 04, 2012
Emily
If you don't like it.....yanno, can't you just ignore it?

Can't you just yanno, fuck off?

So, I don't really get the point you all are trying to make with this thread?

We don't get the point you are trying to make with this post. We are not here for YOU. Can't you just yanno, fuck off?

I guess you guys find it hard to cope with women wanting children and want to cry yourselves a river about this fact?

Do you see any of us "crying a river"? We're LAUGHING. Can't you just yanno, fuck off?

Could you PRETTY PLEASE just yanno, FUCK THE FUCK OFF?

kthx heart

(Now I'm off to go mess up your post)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
April 04, 2012
waving hellolarious

Yay! Another aging childless Moo- wannabee who cries into her pillow every night we can laugh at!:bawl

Well, I don't get why many of you are so rageful and bitter about this. "Rageful and bitter"? WE aren't bitter, YOU and your old childless sisters who can't seem to find a man willing to fertilize your rotten eggs are the ones who fit this bill.bouncing and laughing

So she's sad she never had kids. So she wrote an article about it. So? So why post it here and be so angry and incensed about it? I don't see how her and her feelings really affect you at all? If you don't like it.....yanno, can't you just ignore it? Why would we want to ignore free fodder? You are confused as to whom is angry and incensed. Childfree people do not want kids, so we therefore are delighted to be UNchilded whereas Moo wannabees like yourself are the barren whiners and filled with anger, rage, and self pity. We just happen to think it's funny.:Violin

I think you guys are kind of proving the point she's trying to make though: People in her situation - chosen or not - experience endless nonstop viscious hate and vitriol from people like you. Tearing her apart with hate and vitriol just proves the point she's trying to make: she's at the receiving end of a lot of hate and vitriol, and a lot of misunderstanding. You are acting exactly as she predicted you would. If she knows in advance everybody is going to hate her mooing and lowing about being childless, then why does she post about her woes on the world wide web for ALL to see?confused smiley

You aren't saying anything new that she hasn't heard 1000x before, you know? The article was about the fact that people typically behave as you are behaving now. We could say the same about you. WHY in the world are you posting on a childFREE forum? Why not mosey on over to the hundreds of childLESS blogs and lend your undying support?moo with baybeem

So, I don't really get the point you all are trying to make with this thread? The point we are trying to make is none of your business. Our site was created for childFREE people for entertainment purposes, but we'd like to thank you for your contribution.Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou

I guess you guys find it hard to cope with women wanting children and want to cry yourselves a river about this fact? "Cry ourselves a river"? That doesn't even make any sense.:crz

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
April 04, 2012
Miss_Hannigan
I just suffered through a similar article from The Atlantic about another 40-year-old, self-obsessed New York career gal who forgot to have children, and now regrets turning down a suitor in her 20's. How many of these fucking articles do we need?

http://m.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/11/all-the-single-ladies/8654/

(Link is from my mobile, may or may not work for everyone)

Thanks, Miss. Hannigan smiling smiley

The article made me laugh, but the comments were most interesting.

I admit a penchant for social psych, btw ;D

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Kidless Kim, thanks taking the time to go over my post point-by-point to painstakingly refute every single sentence I wrote. I can tell that this topic is very, very important to you and really gets you plenty fired up with bitter outrage!

But I have to say, Kim, you seem quite infertile and bitter. It's one thing to choose not to have children. If childnessness was a choice you'd made by yourself, I truly don't think you'd be this rageful about it. To be this angry and this rageful towards women who've chosen to have children suggests that something much deeper is going on with you. If you were really comfortable with your decision not to reproduce, and if you were truly at peace with your decision not to have children, you wouldn't be so rageful and bitter towards those who do have children.

For some reason, you have huge problems with other people making choices in life that are different from yours.

Yes, you are rageful and bitter. You refer to mothers as "moos." (I'd be intrigued to see your angrily red-typed explanation of why that doesn't make you bitter at all!) Either you have a spectacular lack of self awareness, or you are a spectacularly stupid person. Yes you are bitter.

And I'm sure you'll reply to this post and dissect it sentence by sentence, bitterly and angrily telling me just how not-bitter you are. I'm sure your pulse is rising a bit just as you read this now. Of course you'll try your darndest to convince me that I'm wrong, but we both know the truth. If you don't want me to think you're a bitter person, of course you'll need to not act like a bitter person. It's impossible for you to avoid acting bitter when bitter is what you are. Bitter and childless. Sad.

April 04, 2012
You're wasting your energy here, sweetneart. Aren't you supposed to be knitting a tiny pair of booties and regretfully sobbing into your Franzia?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 04, 2012
Hey Kim, she called you infertile! Are you gonna sit there and be "insulted" like that? popcorn and jerry springer signjerry

Also, we don't call all mothers moos. Some are moo-cunts.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 05, 2012
Moo.

Cunt.
April 05, 2012
Can we either show this cunt what happens when it doesn't fuck off or ban it's IP address? Having to listen to the drivel of a cunt has gotten really tiresome. Emily, are you really sure you don't have to play farmville or something? You should look at the restroom and see what happens to a cunt when it doesn't do as it's told
April 05, 2012
Yes, PLEASE show this repugnant cow what happens to trolls on Bratfree.

:biggrin2
Ban my IP address????? OH NOES! Pardon me, I must go and shed several tears now that I've been so terribly, terribly threatened. You've sure got me shaking in my boots now.

Why would you call me a "repugnant cow" if you really want me to believe you aren't bitter? Are you really THAT stupid? You are all extremely bitter. I've got to thank you for proving my point so well, but I've got to wonder why you keep on showing me how right I am? Are you simply not aware of your bitterness? Keep on proving me right, and keep those nasty bitter insults coming. I'm eagerly awaiting the next bitter attempt at a clever female anatomy + livestock combo-insult! Do you just mainly stick to cattle-based insults, or do you sometimes branch out into the pig and elephant realm as well?

It's not trolling to say that you're bitter. Would I be trolling if I said the sky was blue or the grass was green? Making a factual observation isn't trolling. You're all bitter as heck and it's plain as day to anyone. Come on you twits, you aren't kidding anyone but yourselves.

I'll gladly go away and leave you to your self-delusional little group fantasy here. You go right along and keep telling yourselves that you aren't bitter at all! Go right ahead! You go on believing whatever you want, gals. I don't want to step on any fragile toes here.

April 05, 2012
EMOOly - aspiring broodmare
Do you just mainly stick to cattle-based insults, or do you sometimes branch out into the pig and elephant realm as well?
I personally like to mix things up. Any of the "lower" animals is fair game when putting trolls like you in their place. Though I must admit I feel bad for insulting these animals by implying that you're like them. Even the lowliest cockroach has some redeeming qualities about it and I really can't say the same for you.

I'll gladly go away and leave you to your self-delusional little group fantasy here.
the world 'fail' on flames

Yeah, you'll go away. That's why you keep posting back to back, right?

Redundant Bitch
Blah, blah blah.... bitter.... blah, blah, blah sad and bitter ..... more blah blah....you're all angry, rageful and bitter. You are anry, rageful and bitter....Blah, blah, blah You'll carry on ragefully, bitterly jeering at me because I dared to call me rageful and bitter.
Calling yourself rageful and bitter? That's the best idead you've had so far in this thread, Emooly. thumbs upwink

Meanwhile, have you ever heard of a thesaurus? They're these lovely little books that list synonyms so that people don't have to use the same words over and over again. Since you're so intent on trolling (and don't pretend for a single minute that seeking out our board and calling us names because you disagree with our stance isn't trolling) buying one would probably be a good investment.
April 05, 2012
Oh, and I second outing this annoying wanna-moo's IP address. eating popcorn
Thirded! big grin with biting lip
April 05, 2012
OK, i've had enough of this boring troll. its IP is c-76-23-129-50.hsd1.ct.comcast.net and it's getting banned right after i finish typing this. Also, this is a good thread so it's not going to the Rest Room.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

April 05, 2012
Rageful isn't even a word, stupid moo. Really, she's bitching about the same thing over and over and over...I am no e-psychologist, but I smell projection.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
April 05, 2012
Hope she didn't get buried in her hoarder pigsty while her violent tardler beats her exposed head with his sippy cup.

--------------------
michaela
Rageful isn't even a word, stupid moo. Really, she's bitching about the same thing over and over and over...I am no e-psychologist, but I smell projection.

What I smell is Kimmie. Okay, I'm a bit paranoid on the subject, but this isn't a standard troll. The post is articulate with only occasional touches of sub-literacy. And the returning to argue is another Kimmie hallmark. Perhaps she's given up trying to create bizarre CF stories and is now trying moo personae.

I vote for blocking out the posts as soon as they appear--and NOT responding.
April 05, 2012
I remember reading about her. Does she need to create a different moo persona? Or is she one with a different identity on every site she visits?

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
April 05, 2012
Miss_Hannigan
You definitely shouldn't settle, but you also shouldn't whine when you're alone and childless at 40, because it was your own choice.

Both these women seem to be well-connected with great jobs and rich friends all over the world. The way they complain makes me wonder if they would have been happier moving to a farm town and shooting out 5 kids with the manager of a Tires Plus.

Some people are just never satisfied no matter what they have. I agree that you shouldn't settle but I also think there's nothing wrong with being unmarried or unattached in general when you hit age 40, or any age for that matter. I had people in my 20s criticizing me about not being in a relationship and not wanting to get married. I could never find anyone I wanted to be with, so I stayed alone and there was nothing wrong with that at all.

Why people can't accept being alone as a viable option I'll never understand.

JD
April 05, 2012
Well, here goes with the Google-fu. I believe our lovely troll is Karen Borg of East Haddam, CT - a single Moo in her 50s with three grown 20-something brats living at home. Though our troll could also easily be one of Karen's brats: Katie, Rebecca or William, Jr.

I'm not 100% sure this is correct info because I'm a newb with this (what I did find seemed pretty consistent), but if someone can verify, then let the troll roasting begin. smiling smiley
April 05, 2012
Dear troll: Let's see, I buy whatever I want, go wherever I want whenever I want, have a hot boyfriend and a job I love, but I'm "bitter." Oh yes, it's sheer "bitterness" to remark on the sad and pathetic ravings of a woman whose lifechoices were self-admittedly stupid and who now they spends all her time in "mourning" as emotionally healthy people are wont to do!

I myself refuse to call you a cow, cows are far smarter than you. You're just a stupid sack of shit breeder who thinks a CHILDFREE message board was somehow made better, or minds changed, by your lunatic "factual observations." What does it say about a childed breeder who has to come to a CHILDFREE message board to complain about the atmosphere there?

Now, as for "settling" I don't think anyone should do that, but if your standards include rich investment bankers and you won't go anywhere below that, you should probably rethink them.
April 05, 2012
I'll go on a limb and admit that i AM "bitter" about certain things that happened and were out of my control, like the time my aunt gave away three of my cats without my knowledge until after the fact. It doesn't keep me awake at night anymore like it did when they first disappeared, but i AM bitter about it to this day and I'm not likely to change that any time soon. There are some things that it is normal and healthy to be bitter about; the foreseeable consequences of one's conscious choices do not make that list.

April 05, 2012
I believe we are responsible for bringing our own happiness. We shouldn't expect another person, spouse or...brat (especially a brat) to make us happy. If a person expects others to make them happy, they're in for a very sad, depressing life...because it isn't UP to others to make you happy.

EMOOOllllyy doesn't seem to get the fact that truly ChildFree people understand that we won't find joy in pinching a meatloaf, and have found other pursuits to attain happiness.

For myself, nothing compares to freedom! That's what makes me feel the most joyful.

Some people can have everything....they can have a great home, live in a beautiful town or city. They can have a decent career....loving famblee and plenty of friends, and good health to top it off. What pisses me off is that they have the nerve to go online and attention-whore to gain sympathy (as the article writer had) and not expect a few people to challenge it.

They don't understand, that compared to most people in the world, they have it PRETTY FUCKING SWEET.

I find wanna-moos to be so boring and pathetic. Chances are, if they ever do pinch that blessed loaf, they will end up becoming depressed and angry as a moo anyhow. They will go on to blame the kyd for everything that is wrong with their lives.

They are nothing but a bunch of unhappy cunts that don't want to change the way they think...they expect everyone to fucking dance for them, to make them feel good.

And US crying a river? Oh bitch PLEASE! smile rolling left righteyes2
April 05, 2012
SlumSlut
I'll go on a limb and admit that i AM "bitter" about certain things that happened and were out of my control, like the time my aunt gave away three of my cats without my knowledge until after the fact. It doesn't keep me awake at night anymore like it did when they first disappeared, but i AM bitter about it to this day and I'm not likely to change that any time soon. There are some things that it is normal and healthy to be bitter about; the foreseeable consequences of one's conscious choices do not make that list.

friendly hug

I'd be bitter as fuck about that too.

I am admittedly bitter about the loss of some of my animals, the loss of assets in my divorce, the way I was treated by him and my church, that my parents were assholes, etc.

But, these are just motivation to live life to the fullest and take charge whenever possible. I don't know any CF women who sit around and "mourn" all the time, even if they have really lost a famblee member!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login