Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mmmmm Victory Soup

Posted by quills 
Mmmmm Victory Soup
April 18, 2012
It should be noted that I am still currently a little loopy from anesthesia but I'm back home from the hospital and eating some soup (because I am fucking starved). The TL went great! I just have one little incision on my belly button and really it just feels like I have a bad bruise on my tummy coupled with what feels like normal period pain for me. I doubt I'll even touch the motrin they gave me.

None of the nurses bingoed me. One of them was actually swapping kitty pictures with me on our phones. Had a bit of a wait but hey it's a hospital.

First thing I remember when I woke up was one of the nurses gushing over my hair color then poof out again then my husband got to come in. I woke up with the wrost case of cotton mouth though. Blah. And a tender throat from the tube they put down it while I was out. Not too bad though...mostly I keep coughing every now and then because of it and that kinda hurts my tummy but not bad.

I'm sure some of this post is a little :crz but I just couldn't wait to share my victory. I've been sterilized!!!!

I send out my best wishes and luck to any of the lovely people here that are currently trying to have sterilization done. I can only hope it goes as easy for you.
Re: Mmmmm Victory Soup
April 18, 2012
Congrats! :jump
Anonymous User
April 18, 2012
That doesn't sound too bad at all. I've never had surgery before and my tubal is scheduled for the 4th. I'm a little nervous but that doesn't sound too bad.
April 18, 2012
gwdzee
Congrats! :jump
Thankyooou. I am already planning a party for after I heal Lol. D: I can't have sex till the doctor okies it on the 2nd DDDDDD: Lol my poor husband.

pelucheux
That doesn't sound too bad at all. I've never had surgery before and my tubal is scheduled for the 4th. I'm a little nervous but that doesn't sound too bad.
I was scared at first but I talked to juliewashere88 on PM and she really helped.
Honestly the only part I am displeased with in the fact I ahve to wear a panty liner instead of a tampon for the bleeding. I hate those things lol.
April 18, 2012
Yay! I am so happy for you! At least you only had one little one in your belly button. You can still see one of my lap scars from my hysterectomy. I had 4 incisions in my tummy and one big one inside at the top of the vag. You will probably heal up super fast! I can't even find my bellybutton one anymore. Don't worry, 2 weeks isn't too bad for no sex. It will be over before you know it and then you will have the best, stress-free sex ever! Enjoy your new freedom!
April 18, 2012
Congratulations quills! :bal
Anonymous User
April 18, 2012
Congratulations! I'm so jealous! Sending good luck huggies that you have a speedy recovery!
April 18, 2012
Congratulations! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. :bal
April 18, 2012
YAAAY!!! I confess I am jealous.

Would love to see your gushworthy haircolor. smiling smiley
April 18, 2012
Congrats! Enjoy your happy sterility smiling smiley
April 18, 2012
Thanks everyone grinning smiley Lol between now and the last message I posted I was very much passed out lol. Now I'm all antsy and bored and convinced my hubby to let me make myself some tea. I only need help laying down and sitting up but not sitting and standing so he doesn't even have to help me to the toilet heart

juliewashere88
Congrats! Enjoy your happy sterility smiling smiley

THank you extra lots! The valium they shot my I.V. line with helped but I would have been vibrating with stress before that if it hadn't been for you talking to me. You seriously rock. Just more proof that breeders are so very very wrong when they called us selfish.

law
YAAAY!!! I confess I am jealous.

Would love to see your gushworthy haircolor. smiling smiley

Lol honestly it's just strawberry blonde. (a weird mixture of red and blonde....it's gold and I MEAN gold some days and way red on other days and of course right in the middle of red and blonde on others)

lol my husband is taking care of my needy butt this week. I'll be taking care of him after he has a vasectomy so fairs fair i guess.
April 18, 2012
crazycatlady
Yay! I am so happy for you! At least you only had one little one in your belly button. You can still see one of my lap scars from my hysterectomy. I had 4 incisions in my tummy and one big one inside at the top of the vag. You will probably heal up super fast! I can't even find my bellybutton one anymore. Don't worry, 2 weeks isn't too bad for no sex. It will be over before you know it and then you will have the best, stress-free sex ever! Enjoy your new freedom!

Oh wow. That's a lot of incisions O: but you have the ultimate weapon against biological baby bingoes.

Lol I helped my husband pick out a um...toy to tide him over lol.
April 18, 2012
Great news! Best wishes for a quick recovery.
April 18, 2012
:bal

Congrats from me too!

On the panty liner thing - I hate them too. You might try a folded up tissue. Ordinary facial tissue, fold it in thirds.

I do this for when the rag is ending but not quite stopped completely. Conforms to the bod better, and does absorb. Cheaper too!

I hate any type of panty liners or pads, it's always tampons for me. But, like I say, sometimes you really don't need that and a folded tissue does the job just fine for some light surprises.

I am kind of embarrassed to admit this - but then again - why waste $ on panty liners when it serves essentially the same function?

I detest any bulk in the crotch, is what inspired me to do this. Works just fine too, for light things.

In fact - I would guess this is how panty liners came about - people just wanted something smaller and less bulky. DIY the cheap and easy way, why not? More comfortable too!
April 18, 2012
:partay

Alright! WOOT!

Now you can fuck with reckless abandon...on your husband! grinning smiley

Enjoy all of the sinful fast food you can handle for the next few days...you've earned it! winking smiley
Anonymous User
April 18, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I bet that soup is fucking spectacular.:bal
Anonymous User
April 18, 2012
congrats!

thanks for sharing btw... I am still trying to convince dr to refer me for a tubal and I appreciate the "Real life" anecdotes so I know a bit of what to expect
April 18, 2012
clematis
Great news! Best wishes for a quick recovery.
Thank you! I expect to be more sore tomorrow then start to get better the next day and so on. And if I'm not more sore tomorrow it will be a nice surprise lol.

juniper jupiter
:partay

Alright! WOOT!

Now you can fuck with reckless abandon...on your husband! grinning smiley

Enjoy all of the sinful fast food you can handle for the next few days...you've earned it! winking smiley

Lol knowing my husband I will be getting all sorts of feel better foods. He's my momma hen. He's been scooping me up and placing me in the bed when I need to lay down. Soldier husbands are so great he could never lift me without the PT workouts he does. I am a bit heavy.

lux5
congrats!

thanks for sharing btw... I am still trying to convince dr to refer me for a tubal and I appreciate the "Real life" anecdotes so I know a bit of what to expect

Me being psychotic kiiiiind of helped me. I had my therapist backing me the whole way.
Just stay firm. I did get lucky in the respect that I got an agreeable Doctor at the end (Dr. McLeon could have ended my whole run if he had wanted to. He's the bomb. I am baking him a freaking CAKE.) But the fact that I stayed firm is what made HIM know I knew JUST what I wanted.
Plus I told him I would flat out off myself if I got pregnant and my therapist would be most displeased.

Zzelda
:bal

Congrats from me too!

On the panty liner thing - I hate them too. You might try a folded up tissue. Ordinary facial tissue, fold it in thirds.

I do this for when the rag is ending but not quite stopped completely. Conforms to the bod better, and does absorb. Cheaper too!

I hate any type of panty liners or pads, it's always tampons for me. But, like I say, sometimes you really don't need that and a folded tissue does the job just fine for some light surprises.

I am kind of embarrassed to admit this - but then again - why waste $ on panty liners when it serves essentially the same function?

I detest any bulk in the crotch, is what inspired me to do this. Works just fine too, for light things.

In fact - I would guess this is how panty liners came about - people just wanted something smaller and less bulky. DIY the cheap and easy way, why not? More comfortable too!

I basically did just that lol. They gave me a whole bunch of soft granny panties and I have lined the ones I am wearing with tissues. I had to use the pantyliner at first......I was bleeding pretty heavy at first but it's barely anything now.

I also hate bulk crotch. Infact I hate it so much I mainly wear long breezy skirts.
fade_to_pale
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I bet that soup is fucking spectacular.:bal

It fucking WAS.
April 19, 2012
Your husband's such a sweetheart! smiling smiley
April 19, 2012
juniper jupiter
Your husband's such a sweetheart! smiling smiley
You have NO idea how sweet. He's lost almost as much sleep as me tonight getting up and down so i can pee or get more motrin. I can already tell today is going to be pretty bad but hopefully it will be better tomorrow.
April 21, 2012
OMG you enjoy that victory soup! And your hair color is absolutely gorgeous if you dont mind me saying.

I am actually looking forward to getting the essure procedure. I called the doctor when I was 19 (yeah, I'm not kidding) and I am waiting till I'm 21. I even got a tutoring job over last summer to pay for it ($427.53 to be exact). I am turning 21 this September and I don't go a day without thinking about it. I evn have an app that counts down the days. I fact I have 144 days left! Can you tell I'm excited? Anyway, I just hope the doctors office I called doesn't change their mind on the last minute. They said all I have to do is know what the word permanent means and sign a waiver. For anyone who's interested in the Columbus area, the place is called Women's Health Care Inc. They offer Essure as an in-office procedure, so my insurance is going to cover 85% of it!
:partay:partay:partay:partay:partay
April 21, 2012
catharsist
OMG you enjoy that victory soup! And your hair color is absolutely gorgeous if you dont mind me saying.

I am actually looking forward to getting the essure procedure. I called the doctor when I was 19 (yeah, I'm not kidding) and I am waiting till I'm 21. I even got a tutoring job over last summer to pay for it ($427.53 to be exact). I am turning 21 this September and I don't go a day without thinking about it. I evn have an app that counts down the days. I fact I have 144 days left! Can you tell I'm excited? Anyway, I just hope the doctors office I called doesn't change their mind on the last minute. They said all I have to do is know what the word permanent means and sign a waiver. For anyone who's interested in the Columbus area, the place is called Women's Health Care Inc. They offer Essure as an in-office procedure, so my insurance is going to cover 85% of it!
:partay:partay:partay:partay:partay

Hah thank you. I just know my hair color is uncommon which is why I tend to grow it out super long and then cut it off for "Locks of Love".

Lol I'm happy you're so excited! There wasn't a doctor near by that could do essure so I just said "eeeh fuck it" and went with the tubal. Super glad your insurance is covering most of your cost! I'm lucky I have Tricare since they covered everything. I just had to go through all their little channels and hoops. Lol the doctor I ended up with is just so freaking awesome. He looks like a hawaiian Santa claus Lol (he doesn't have a beard but srsly still a santa.)

Good luck on your essure! Let everyone know how it goes grinning smiley
April 21, 2012
quills, congrats! I'm so happy for you! :bal You look super cute in that pic and your husband sounds so sweet. grinning smiley

catharsist, good luck with your essure procedure! :beer
April 21, 2012
Congrats, Quills!!! I am so happy for you. Sounds like it all went well and soon you will be enjoying sex with reckless abandonment, and another plus - no more periods!!!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
April 23, 2012
Every day will be a little better! Don't worry about it too much. It sounds like you have an awesome hubby who will make sure you are as comfortable as possible. Give it a week, you will want to be up and about before you even know it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login