Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WTF??? "Family Friendly" gun ranges....that offer b-day parties for 8 year olds:wtf

Posted by kittendoll 
WTF is this world coming to? The news even ran a poll asking if starting "fambilee friendly" gun ranges are going too far and 62% of people who took the poll are perfectly okay with it. WTF????

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Family-friendly-gun-range-offering-birthday-parties-for-kids-156497115.html
They should sell Tshirts that have Charles Darwin on them.
It's TEXAS, people. Is this REALLY that surprising?
toomanybrats

:flaming That is true, us Texans love our guns!!!:flaming

I don't want to go to no breederville gun range though.
I'm sure more than a few breeders who bring their bastards to a gun range are hoping for an 'accidental mishap'. smile rolling left righteyes2
Mumofsixbirds- That was one of the thoughts that popped into my mind as well. This place will be back on the news probably in about six months from now with a story about how some kyd "accidentally" walked in front of someone's target or blew it's face off.
kittendoll
WTF is this world coming to? The news even ran a poll asking if starting "fambilee friendly" gun ranges are going too far and 62% of people who took the poll are perfectly okay with it. WTF????

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Family-friendly-gun-range-offering-birthday-parties-for-kids-156497115.html

they must have polled in texas, western pennsylvania and montana... waving hellolarious

personally, i don't have a problem with it per se-just keep them away from my stall.
toomanybrats

and so long as the kids are taught gun safety (unlike the bb gun twits off of judge judy). at 8, me, my sister and my cousins knew NEVER to fool with guns laying around.
Having dealt with a cunt nugget at a gun range I think it's a bad idea. If the cunt nugget gets hurt who's responsible? Certainly not the breeders, who will have "suffered enough" but everyone else.
As a shooter, I'm reasonably certain most parents educate their kids on proper handling of weapons. But I'd still be scared to stand next to a famblee, especially one with multiple unsupervised brats. It would definitely fuck up my grouping.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Miss_Hannigan
As a shooter, I'm reasonably certain most parents educate their kids on proper handling of weapons. But I'd still be scared to stand next to a famblee, especially one with multiple unsupervised brats. It would definitely fuck up my grouping.

got a point there...
zatoth
Miss_Hannigan

got a point there...

I know I would not want be concentrating on my aim and have some free-range toadler bump into me.
Monumentally bad idea. And scads of stupid parents are going to go for this. I started learing how to handle guns in the last year, and have had friends who are experts in usage take me target shooting. So much care has to go into handling the weapons properly. I can imagine for every one kid who has enough intelligence to be able to handle a gun, there are 999 of them who'd shoot themselves or someone else because they have underdeveloped, moronic little brains. There's no way to fully supervise a room full of children around guns who are cranked up on sugar, preservatives and food dye. The parents don't pay attention to them in restaurants or stores, how the fuck are they going to be able to pay attention to them at a gun range?
Snark Shark
8 years olds at gun ranges???

I dunno, moving targets are hard for me to HIT.

waving hellolarious
future in past 8 year kills self with uzi at gun show.

more Future foretold by past -8 year old killed by Uzi at gun show

future in past 8 year kills self with uzi at gun show.

more Future foretold by past -8 year old killed by Uzi at gun show

The Uzi was designed to kill anyone who used it who didn't have sufficient training.
rudegubmintworker
Monumentally bad idea. And scads of stupid parents are going to go for this. I started learing how to handle guns in the last year, and have had friends who are experts in usage take me target shooting. So much care has to go into handling the weapons properly. I can imagine for every one kid who has enough intelligence to be able to handle a gun, there are 999 of them who'd shoot themselves or someone else because they have underdeveloped, moronic little brains. There's no way to fully supervise a room full of children around guns who are cranked up on sugar, preservatives and food dye. The parents don't pay attention to them in restaurants or stores, how the fuck are they going to be able to pay attention to them at a gun range?

Yeah, this totally spells disaster. I can see it now, some dumbass kid going behind mommy and daddy's back, grabbing their gun and blowing off someone's head because mommy and daddy didn't teach gun safety, how not to touch things that dont belong to them, or the value of any life other than the kid's. Yeah this is totally going to end well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
toomanybrats

I'm sorry to say it's not. We're proud of our redneck stupidity here. A little off topic, but that rumor that Texas has more guns than people? We just don't know where that rumor got started.
rudegubmintworker

+1

I didn't want to *snip* because that is such an accurate reading of the situation.

I'd support starting kids early in the tutoring of handling guns; the imperatives of safety and respect; if one could trust the breeders to do it right. If the object becomes a commonly regarded tool, known for specific uses, there'd be fewer people down the road who act like assholes when handed a gun. My niece has uploaded I-don't-know-how-many videos to her FB page of her friends shooting pistols. Talk about a bunch of oafs - "duuuude, you shoot like a pussy!", "aw f*ck! didja see how I wasted that can, man? Awesome!" And they shoot like they're boyz from da hood, holding the gun sideways. You just know that they probably went out and bought the guns as soon as they reached the age to be licensed, believing that their years of playing with an airsoft gun made them marksmen.
Children do NOT belong at shooting galleries, period. I don't have a problem with kids learning gun safety, WHEN they are old enough like teen age, but young kids are literally walking targets and a danger themselves to others if allowed to roam at a gun range. the world 'fail' on flames

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Any gun range we patronize, would quickly lose our $$, if they started that kind of shit.:gun1
Honestly, if someone wants their brat to learn how to handle a gun safely send them to Encon camp or similar.
HELL, paint targets on the kids.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login