Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kate Middleton - oh joy

Posted by CherryIce 
Re: Kate Middleton - oh joy
December 03, 2012
Mr. T: I pitty tha foolsIt was the talk of my office today. I wanted to barf.
December 03, 2012
Pity, she was hot. The other one that will disappoint me when she (eventually) sprogs is that hot chick from the Wendy's commericals, dirty thoughts

December 03, 2012
For what it's worth, I had hyperemesis when I was accidentally inpig at 20. I do wonder if hyperemesis is partially mental - if maybe it doens't result when the woman does not really wish to be pregnant. I never smoked much pot recreationally but then-bf-now-hubby did and convinced me to try it. Since we already knew we were Shop-Vaccing the little fucker out, I acquiesced. Made the two weeks 'til my termination bearable. I still don't smoke pot for fun, but I cannot fucking abide nausea, and if I were ever chronically nauseous for reasons beyond my control, I would definitely start smoking pot again; what you need to not be ill is practically less than what gets you high, anyway. But then of course the bearer of the Royal Sprog could never do that, even if it were better for her and clump to not be ill.
FleurDeLis
December 04, 2012
I knew this would happen eventually but I hoped it wouldn't. I looked to her as somewhat of a style icon - she's about my age, and I've loved her choice of classic clothing and non-obnoxious behavior. She also seems to genuinely love her husband. Though I wouldn't want to deal with a fraction of her dealings of being in the public eye, I've envied her wardrobe and overall style.

Alas. I guess all things come to an end. Now she's an incubator.

Even if she returns to her cute self, post-pregnancy, that kid's gonna be in all the photos.

*sigh*
December 04, 2012
Can you imagine how hard it is for UK CFers like me who will hear nothing but "preggers Kate" until the loaf hatches?

I was about ready to off myself after all the bloody wedding coverage, now she's pignant it's gonna be a constant stream of breederific shit in the news and on the internet and on TV....

Someone send me a case of beer so I can get so drunk I forget who the fuck she is.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kate, she's far more stylish, poised and dignified than most celebrities but I just can't handle another year of nothing but her and Wills in my face :headbrick
December 04, 2012
lurker-derp
Can you imagine how hard it is for UK CFers like me who will hear nothing but "preggers Kate" until the loaf hatches?

You won't get off the hook that easily. Once the kid's born, every magazine on the newsstand will be covered with news about the heir. And then once it dies down a bit, a "bump watch" will begin anew! Lather, rinse, repeat until she's about 40. :goggle

I think she seems like a nice person and you can tell that she would have good fashion sense if she didn't have to follow that silly dress code. When she seems to have a bit of leeway (like on the Canada trip where she wore the skinny jeans), she looks great, but the other night when she wore that green peace sign dress, she looked like my fourth grade teacher.

Anyway, people are already all over the news articles commenting and telling her what to do, like stay hydrated. LMAO. Do they think Kate's on a laptop in the hospital reading all of their advice?

I read gossip sites but don't have much of an interest in most celebrities except for a few who have actual talent (and most are older so they don't even make the news very often).

I have a lot of other interests I pursue that are far more enjoyable than reading about Brad Pitt's latest dumb commercial.
December 04, 2012
In my country there was a bit of a fuss when the prince got married (because of his wife's father's role in a government which made people disappear) but after that died down we haven't had to hear much about them. They've sprogged a few times but it wasn't the kind of news that this is. Most of us ignore the monarchy; only a few people are really interested in it the way people seem to be with the UK royals.
December 04, 2012
yurble
In my country there was a bit of a fuss when the prince got married (because of his wife's father's role in a government which made people disappear) but after that died down we haven't had to hear much about them. They've sprogged a few times but it wasn't the kind of news that this is. Most of us ignore the monarchy; only a few people are really interested in it the way people seem to be with the UK royals.

We're unfortunate in the good ol' US. I'm not kidding when I say that every other magazine at the grocery store will be plastered with Kate and William stories until kingdom come.

You go into the bookstore and there are rows of issues on them as it is, prior to this news. There are collectible magazines, regular magazines (People is a big one here and they relentlessly obsessed over Diana - they couldn't stop themselves), foreign magazines with coverage and on and on it goes. All of these are conveniently placed next to other periodicals I'm searching for, which are crowded out by this stuff. Try picking through all of that to find a copy of Air & Space or Modern Dog. Half the time they have only three copies and they're out of stock. I should probably just get a subscription.

You're not even safe then. You venture into another area of the magazine racks and find they're on the cover of Vanity Fair or Kate's on some other issue. Help us all! We don't need to read about every single thing these people do. Next we'll hear what brand of toilet paper they use and if it's embossed with the Queen's insignia.
Anonymous User
December 04, 2012
Snark Shark
It's times like this I have to commend the Russians for SLAUGHTERING THIER ENTIRE ROYAL FAMILY EN MASSE.
I'm going straight to hell for finding that funny.
:biggrin2
December 04, 2012
Like I care that some horesefaced 30-something is now the official royal broodsow.
December 04, 2012
Hyperemesis is awful. Some doctor was on tv downplaying it, saying that it only lasts a few weeks. Maybe for some, but this woman I know had it damn near her whole pregnancy. It didn't get too bad until it was too late to abort, and she had a feeding tube and home IVs. The couple are PNBs and had planned on two kyds but of course they would never go through that again.

So much pain and suffering is attached to repugnancy and chyldbirth, it just doesn't seem right. So we need martyrs to keep it all going.

When Kate is asked about her hyperemeisis, what will she say? It was uncomfortable but temporary and worth it. What if she gets the type that stays for six more months? She will still have to have at least one more loaf.
lenona
December 04, 2012
pepper labeija
Okay, I get it. They rag on her like they do conventional celebrities. I don't think she's good looking (quite plain, actually)

Good lord. *I* think she qualifies as pretty, at least. Beautiful, no. But most women - even thin ones - AREN'T beautiful.

BTW, I once said elsewhere that if you're young and truly homely (male or female) AND still in school, the best way to get a date is to pretend not to be looking for one. That is, try to look as though you're so cheerfully busy - during the weekdays, that is - that you don't have time to be desperately lonely, even if you are. After all, desperation turns people off in a flash.
lenona
December 04, 2012
blondie
What if she gets the type that stays for six more months?

Well, at least that would mean her being allowed to stay out of the public eye for that long, which she may or may not appreciate. (After all, that would mean staying indoors most of the time.)
December 04, 2012
lenona
BTW, I once said elsewhere that if you're young and truly homely (male or female) AND still in school, the best way to get a date is to pretend not to be looking for one. That is, try to look as though you're so cheerfully busy - during the weekdays, that is - that you don't have time to be desperately lonely, even if you are. After all, desperation turns people off in a flash.

It also attracts the worse kind of person, too. Abusive, manipulative types.
December 04, 2012
What a waste. Imagine being a princess; having the world at your feet; able to travel to exotic places and just really live the life. And to throw it away to be chained to a baybee?

I'm sure she will have nannies galore and she probably won't have to change a diaper or be up in the middle of the night with a crying baybee. But, that's beside the point. She's going to have to lug that chyld everywhere she goes, and it's going to limit some of the places she goes and things she does.
December 04, 2012
I was at the grocery store today and there is already one mag on the check out with her pic on it. Hands on belly with headline 'Yes it's True"
Two days and her face is already hovering over my broccoli and potatoes.
December 04, 2012
StudioFiftyFour
No offense to anyone personally, but I think that celebrity-worship, gossip rags, and fawning over the royal family is reserved solely for people with stagnant and mundane lives.

Well, not the royal family part, but I'll have you know that those grocery check out line celebrity scandal rags make for very "productive" bathroom reading smile rolling left righteyes2

I don't like taking good books into the toilet, so those sufficed until the price got too ridiculous. $3.99 for People magazine? Oh hell no. Now I have to resort to beat up Stephen King paperbacks tongue sticking out smiley
Anonymous User
December 04, 2012
Dorisan
Well, not the royal family part, but I'll have you know that those grocery check out line celebrity scandal rags make for very "productive" bathroom reading smile rolling left righteyes2

I don't like taking good books into the toilet, so those sufficed until the price got too ridiculous. $3.99 for People magazine? Oh hell no. Now I have to resort to beat up Stephen King paperbacks tongue sticking out smiley

My PNB neighbor gives me all her People magazines that I use for bathroom reading lol. I just like to look at little sales and compare items in it.
December 04, 2012
Dorisan
StudioFiftyFour
No offense to anyone personally, but I think that celebrity-worship, gossip rags, and fawning over the royal family is reserved solely for people with stagnant and mundane lives.

I really liked watching the wedding, so I'm not immune to this idiocy. Initially I was thinking, oh hell no, I'm not watching that, but after seeing bits of Diana's on YouTube (too young to remember, although my mom watched), I wanted to compare.

Once it was all done, I did buy a couple of collector's mags just in case 10 years down the road I can sell them on ebay for a tidy sum. The wedding photos were beautiful, although not as beautiful as other royal weddings I've seen on the Daily Fail. My question is why are the collector's magazines *still* on the shelves, only with photos of them that we've seen a hundred times? Stop the madness! That wedding was a year and a half ago.

Anyhoodle, now everything's changed. They're already talking baby names on some site. C'mon! She wasn't even going to announce this until she wound up in the hospital. Who knows if she'll be able to carry it.

And FWIW, I always thought she was attractive. No, she's not Cindy Crawford, but who is? She has nice hair, a bright smile and a great figure (well, for now). The people on the celeb sites that trash her looks must truly be jealous. They harp and harp on how thin she is. You know, not everyone can be a fatty or curvy. I have a hard time getting enough calories and keeping my weight stable, so forget about having some Marilyn Monroe body. I hate when people jump to conclusions and call all thinner people anorexics. A**holes.

OK, stepping off the soapbox now. Excuse the rant. I'm very grumpy today. :sbx
December 04, 2012
CherryIce
I really liked watching the wedding, so I'm not immune to this idiocy. Initially I was thinking, oh hell no, I'm not watching that, but after seeing bits of Diana's on YouTube (too young to remember, although my mom watched), I wanted to compare.

The whole business makes me feel old sad smiley I was in college and got up at something like 4am to watch Diana and Charles get married. Now, Wills is 30 and Diana would be a grandmother if she'd lived. I have to admit to speculating how she would have handled losing the flame of public interest to her daughter-in-law.

In pre-internet days, such events seemed interesting. I think we have an instant information overload in this era. Once, you had to wait for the newspaper to come out or watch scheduled news programs to get caught up on the latest. Now, to me anyway, having the news flash to a website seconds after it is announced palls the interest.
December 04, 2012
Dorisan
CherryIce

The whole business makes me feel old sad smiley I was in college and got up at something like 4am to watch Diana and Charles get married. Now, Wills is 30 and Diana would be a grandmother if she'd lived. I have to admit to speculating how she would have handled losing the flame of public interest to her daughter-in-law.

In pre-internet days, such events seemed interesting. I think we have an instant information overload in this era. Once, you had to wait for the newspaper to come out or watch scheduled news programs to get caught up on the latest. Now, to me anyway, having the news flash to a website seconds after it is announced palls the interest.

I miss those days when information wasn't overflowing and bombarding us. I remember our news consisted of a newspaper and the nightly broadcast. My mom still gets the paper because she enjoys it, but I wonder how much longer they'll be around.

If I could, I'd go back to either the mid-80s or 90s, which were my favorite times. The only thing good about this day and age is that I'm free from the suffocation of my parents and have a husband who is very good to me. My friends either spawned (if you're not a mom, then you're nothing to them. Crummy users.) or moved away, and that is incredibly depressing.
December 04, 2012

CF in NY
December 04, 2012
Well, good luck ,Kate.Hope it's not a girl. I hear the men in your guy's family have a history of being dicks about that kind of thing. cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

(Hope it isn't too soon to start *boleyn* the royal brat jokes)
December 05, 2012
She's 5'10" and weighs 95 pounds. Uh, I don't care WHAT anyone says, this can NOT be healthy! She had no business getting knocked up at that number. And what has it been, like two days since the announcement was made? I'm already tired of hearing about it.
December 05, 2012
I actually think she lost too much weight. I know she was heavier a few years ago when Will dumped her, and she joined a gym and got majorly fit. But up to the wedding she dropped under 100 pounds. I guess she kept it there too.

Not all super thin people are that way by severe dieting and working out; some are naturally uberskinny (and would love a bit more on themselves.) Kate is naturally on the slim side, but 5'10 and umder 100 pounds is almost ridiculous when we know extreme diet and working out did it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login