Posted by Rose Red 
Re: The Duggars now have #18
May 17, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> most bible beaters pick and chose what they will
> follow, its all horse shit, I cant believe people
> really fall for all that crap!! its all so silly

Christians got so bent out of shape and wanted "The Golden Compass" film boycotted because one of the characters stated how Christianity is a mistake. Amen to that...grinning smiley
Anonymous User
May 17, 2008
That series of Pullman books is VERY good.But around the area I grew up in idiot Xtians boycott this series and Rowling (it's witch craft and devil worship,you knowwinking smiley).The Pullman is just too "heretic" for them.Gods forbid you actually use that brain to THINK on your own about anything.But then,so many people like to be spoon fed their lessons in life.I think this time in history in terms of religion is not much better than the Dark Ages.
May 17, 2008
this is the age of the emotion, its better to feel than to think, thinking is outdated and soon to be deceased Practice.

Look at how people are ceasing to think to rely on governments, so called survey's, to do their thinking for them.

No critical thought, the government must be right for they are the government. and it goes further, pressure groups, religious nutters, all promote the feelings over facts.

this sounds bad, 25% of women are attacked.. emotionally its bad, but they dont say 75% of men are attacked.. the emotional content of stories, rather than facts is whats in the news today.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6VdNcCcweL0

this story.. emotion, rather than thought

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 17, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this is the age of the emotion, its better to feel
> than to think, thinking is outdated and soon to be
> deceased Practice.
>
> Look at how people are ceasing to think to rely
> on governments, so called survey's, to do their
> thinking for them.
>
> No critical thought, the government must be right
> for they are the government. and it goes further,
> pressure groups, religious nutters, all promote
> the feelings over facts.
>
> this sounds bad, 25% of women are attacked..
> emotionally its bad, but they dont say 75% of men
> are attacked.. the emotional content of stories,
> rather than facts is whats in the news today.
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=6VdNcCcweL0
>
> this story.. emotion, rather than thought

Merc, you are a scientist! I think you have just explained to me why this world is messed up. You are so right. Everything I see stems exactly from emotions and lack of thought. I am going to print this and I am going to frame it and post it on my wall. This is going to keep me sane or at least I will no longer ask "why would anyone do that?"
May 17, 2008
amethusos* Wrote:

> The Catholic Church stated how having lust for a
> wife is the same as committing adultery. That is
> some fucked up shit. I cannot fathom how people
> still believe in that shit.

Interesting. I guess that explains why so many catholics have lust for young kids instead. Many cheat on their wifes with other clergy member's daughters. I suppose if the church says than it is OK to do that!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login