Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do you think this woman is lying?

Posted by surgicalvetnurse 
Re: Do you think this woman is lying?
February 11, 2013
Zzelda
I have a hard time believing a 2.5 year old kid is actually Autistic also. Probably just a spazzy brat that Cow doesn't want to deal with.

Autism spectrum can be found extremely early nowadays by brain scan. Plus this kid isn't just mildly autistic, but full nonfunctional, the earlier the signs are going to be diagnosed. Autism is a brain disorder, not just a conduct disorder. Hence that is why it is diagnosed by a neurologist and not a psychologist.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 11, 2013
craftyzits
Zzelda
I have a hard time believing a 2.5 year old kid is actually Autistic also. Probably just a spazzy brat that Cow doesn't want to deal with.

Autism spectrum can be found extremely early nowadays by brain scan. Plus this kid isn't just mildly autistic, but full nonfunctional, the earlier the signs are going to be diagnosed. Autism is a brain disorder, not just a conduct disorder. Hence that is why it is diagnosed by a neurologist and not a psychologist.

Really? First I've heard this. I don't dispute it but it's the first time I've heard this. I thought they classed it through behavior.

If this is the case - there's a hella lotta them that need to be re diagnosed as normal.

From a quick read here - it seems like they're still diagnosing primarily off behavior -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

?
February 12, 2013
Zzelda
craftyzits
Zzelda

Really? First I've heard this. I don't dispute it but it's the first time I've heard this. I thought they classed it through behavior.

If this is the case - there's a hella lotta them that need to be re diagnosed as normal.

From a quick read here - it seems like they're still diagnosing primarily off behavior -

?

I think that autism is the "diagnosis du jour" - the new ADHD.

Unfortunately, this marginalizes people who are ACTUALLY autistic in the long run.

I can't count how many people I've come into contact with who had "autistic" children who were "cured" by the time they were teenagers. They suddenly "outgrew" it. There is no outgrowing autism. What these people had were bratty children.
February 12, 2013
Zzelda
craftyzits
Zzelda

?

Yes, behavior is diagnostic, but speaking from experience (I was diagnosed at five in 1972) I had brain scans out the ass all my life. When I was little, I got them to diagnose me so I could go to the special education center for the little 'strange' kids. Later, I had them to maintain my SSD alongside the IQ tests and bullshit.

Unlike today, the little 'strange' kids at my school were required to behave themselves and do their schoolwork. The difference with this school was they were meeting needs that were not typical to public school systems. We had kids who couldn't speak properly, had Tourette syndrome, at least I think that's what that kid had, various stuff.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login