Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You know it's a shit job! That's why you'd be a good mom! (NSFW)

Posted by Anonymous User 
So, I was out at dinner tonight with my ex-boyfriend. We're best friends now. We've know each other for about seven years. We broke up about three years ago and haven't been physical since.

He's a wanna breed. This ended our relationship.

I told him that I watched a comedy skit the other night. It's right here:

I started the conversation telling my ex how Louis CK portrays parenthood to be the shit job it really is. You're a grown ass man and you have to clean poop from your daughter's vagina daily. Nothing your child says for the first decade really fucking matters. You can continue life without giving a shit about what comes out of their mouths. Little girls are psychopaths. Little boys do damage to your home that you can measure in dollars.

And much much more...

And then my ex does the bingo: "You'd be going into parenthood with eyes wide open. You know it's not unicorn farts and rainbows. It's a shit job. You would be a PNB trying to raise a functional adult."

He then points out a mother on the other side of the restaurant happily playing with her toddler son.

All I could say was, "Choke on your fish!" :scr
That would make me mad enough to throw my plate at him hot smiley

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
So... you should volunteer for a shitty job, because you KNOW it's a shitty job?

What!? :kill

Seriously, where the fuck do breeders come up with this kind of "logic?"
Re: You know it's a shit job! That's why you'd be a good mom! (NSFW)
April 14, 2013
If you had immediately got up and walked out, as a bystander, I would have cheered.
April 14, 2013
So, he just pulls his logic right out of his ass, doesn't he?
Funnily enough, I actually received the same Bingo a couple of days ago. My best friend, with whom I've had bingo issues in the past (she has a teenage daughter) but has been better about it lately, actually made a remark that my family life growing up must be the reason why I don't want kids now (my parents did not have a happy marriage and they never tried to hide the fact that having kids had complicated their lives so much more).

I replied that although that played a big part, I've never felt like I was missing out on something because I haven't bred. I also explained that getting married, "settling down", and starting a family always felt more like a prison sentence to me (the end of fun and happy good times) than something to strive for.

She then said something similar to what your ex said, about how I would make the best mother because I know that having kids means the party's over, you have to be responsible and mature, blah blah. While this is true, why should it take a unique type of person to know that?!

Anyway, I then deflected with a "pass the bean dip" response (all the fellow former Miss Manners forum people know what I mean smiling smiley) and the subject was dropped.

I agree with segaface.....some people just pull whatever logic out out their asses that they can find.
April 14, 2013
I would really ask why do they push it and twist everything you say in your defense? "Come on dude...enough, drop it already!"
April 14, 2013
segaface

Well when your head is up there it's easier that way. Of course going through life using your pecker as a periscope does tend your limit your visual field.

segaface

Well when your head is up there it's easier that way. Of course going through life using your pecker as a periscope does tend your limit your visual field.

waving hellolarious waving hellolarious :yr

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
thom_c
segaface

Thank you, thom. I still love him but I am constantly telling him to get his head out of his ass.

I think he's one of those quiver-full types. His mom is the oldest of ten and he's the youngest of seven. A woman not wanting children is totally foreign to him.

When I met him seven years ago I thought he was childfree due to his age and bachelor lifestyle. Was I ever wrong.
April 15, 2013
What retarded logic. If you know something - which you don't NEED to do, by the way - is going to suck, then why do it? I know customer service sucks, so does that mean I should aspire to be a cashier? I mean if that's all I could find, then fine, but if there was a better option available to me, I'd be taking that! Becoming a mother when you already know it's a shit life doesn't mean you'll be a good parent - it means you'll just resent the child that much more. Someone who is a PNB in the making realizes that having kids is no walk in the park and it won't all be sunshine and rainbows, but the difference is they still WANT kids. A CFer does not.

I don't know how you can stand to even be friends with the guy when his head's still so far up his ass. But to each their own.
April 15, 2013
Some people have a very narrow point of view that life is constant duress, stress and strain.
They honestly believe that it is totally fine to have a shitty home life because that is normal.
The concept that life could be peaceful, harmonious and even elevating due to a nice home life, is so far past their world view that it literally does not compute.

On a related topic, I have a friend who fervently believed that when he was in a shitty relationship, it made him a better person. Basically he felt that such duress would help him develop attributes such as patience, humility, and seeing another side of an issue.
The reality was that he attracted deeply dysfunctional nasty people who used and abused him in many ways and at length for his whole life.
He never knew peace, contentment or trust ever.
I've been bingoed with this...."Ohhhh, when you realize how harrrrrrd it is to be a parent - that makes you prepared for parenthood, and you would be such a good Moomy"

Yeah, okay. I just realize that having babies isn't all gold nuggets and leprachaun farts and no matter how I spin it, it still sucks.
surgicalvetnurse
I've been bingoed with this...."Ohhhh, when you realize how harrrrrrd it is to be a parent - that makes you prepared for parenthood, and you would be such a good Moomy"

Yeah, okay. I just realize that having babies isn't all gold nuggets and leprachaun farts and no matter how I spin it, it still sucks.

LMFAO! Sooooo totally THIS.
April 15, 2013
Can you imagine someone saying "Oh, you know that the meat is spoiled and the milk has curdled and you know that you are going to be violently ill. Eat up!"
aliceblue
Can you imagine someone saying "Oh, you know that the meat is spoiled and the milk has curdled and you know that you are going to be violently ill. Eat up!"

Excellent analogy!

I'm going to use it the next time I get this bingo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login