http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Graves-for-the-abandoned-Every-child-deserves-a-resting-place-213624851.html?hpt=us_bn10

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) - A new nonprofit group is setting up in Kern County, and it may be here just in time to respond to the death of the baby found abandoned in an Oildale trash can.Eyewitness News discovered the Garden of Innocence project has been working with the Historic Union Cemetery, and its hope is that the infant from Beardsley Avenue can be laid to rest in the new space.The body of the newborn girl was found last Friday morning. Exactly one week later, crews planted an oak tree in the plot at Union Cemetery designated for a local Garden of Innocence. While the tree was going in, cemetery officials and the Garden of Innocence founder were meeting. God, ANOTHER baby dumped in the trash? I suppose that unbreakable Moo-Loaf bonding thing doesn't apply to all.shrug

"We're just waiting to see if the county would release the baby to us, so that we can take care of it," Garden founder Elissa Davey told Eyewitness News. "It's going to be their decision what they want to do. But, we'll be ready." Cemetery General Manager Dave Hepburn said his organization was approached by Davey several months ago.
"We just felt, and I just felt, very good about it as a concept," he said. "I also felt good that we had space that we could put it in." He said Union Cemetery donated 1,200 square feet.Hepburn said a granite bench and children's locks will eventually be added. I am sorry, but "children's blocks" at an abandoned baby cemetery? Isn't that a little creepy? And the bench, for what, I wonder? WHO wants to sit and gaze at a bunch of abandoned baby graves? I can think of few things more depressing than sitting on a bench like that overlooking THOUSANDS of unwanted babies their moos thought so little of as to dump them in the trash.confused smiley

Garden of Innocence said it's an established 501(c)(3) nonprofit, based in Carlsbad. Davey said they have gardens in 22 counties in California and sites in St. Louis and in New York. She said they're working in various other areas, and their goal is having a Garden of Innocence in every state. "Every child deserves a resting place," Davey said. "Every child deserves somebody that will care for them, somebody that'll pay attention to the fact that they were once here." :headbrickWhat IS shocking is that with all this pro-life nonsense about refusing women abortions and making them as difficult as possible to get and attaching so much stigma to it with shame and picket lines, that anyone is surprised at all when numerous full term babies are dumped. I suppose baby dumping is preferred to an abortion to these people. Are there SO MANY babies dumped they need these special cemeteries in all 50 states? Why not spend that money they have already wasted on the 22 "gardens" and feed a homeless person or something, you know, help someone who is ALIVE? Don't they understand the deceased baby no longer NEEDS "..somebody that will care for them, somebody that'll pay attention to the fact they were once here...", what, for five minutes?confused smiley

That baby is wherever babies go when babies die and has NO NEED what so ever for anything like this! They are doing it to pat themselves on the back for a feel good moment with ZERO regard to all the people, including babies, across the globe, who need help NOW, not after they have succumbed to hunger or disease!
ranting

Kern County Sheriff's spokesman Ray Pruitt said the coroner's office here has an agreement with the organization. Pruitt explained that various local funeral homes will volunteer to take the body of an abandoned baby, then the nonprofit will provide a burial service and headstone. MORE wasted money and resources on the dead who will never know the difference.thumbs updown

Davey said the headstone will include a name for the baby, and people donating to the charity are given the honor of selecting a name."It will be anybody in the county can name a baby," she explained. "We have a list and we start to keep track of it, and when we're getting a baby, then the next one on the list gets chosen." Oh, FFS! This is the biggest waste of time, resources, land, and money I DO believe I have ever heard! Cremate the poor things, say a prayer, and be done with it! :bayybee

Davey said the group feels it's important the child has the human dignity of a name. The headstone also lists only the date the child is buried, since they don't know when these babies were born or died. So, NAME the things and move along! Make a list somewhere and keep track of it if need be, but why waste all this time and money on fucking cemeteries for abandoned babies! Do they think it will become a tourist attraction? "Hey kids, wanna go see the abandoned baby graves or go to Disney Land?"bouncing and laughing

The Kern County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the death of the baby found in Oildale, and officers say they want any information from the public. People can call (661) 861-3110 or the Secret Witness hotline at (661) 322-4040. Investigators believe the infant had been left in the trash can for no more than about a day. Blah, blah, blah. Like all the others, the Moo is LONG gone and will never be found.eye rolling smiley

Davey said she thinks about the final moments in the lives of these children."I wonder what the child felt. I wonder if they were alive," she said. "You also wonder about the parent, and what were they thinking? And were there problems that were going on in their lives that would make them do that?" The babies weren't thinking anything and DUH, of COURSE there were, "...problems that were going on in their lives......"shrug

Hepburn is glad Union Cemetery can be part of the new project."It's not who's right in some situations, but it's what's right," he said. "And I think it's right for us to provide this burial space and the care forever. That's what we do." Yeah, that's WHAT they do, which is continually waste money on lost causes for no particular reason other than it makes them feel good. It won't be helping the dead baby, the parents and/or family of the baby won't be stopping by, and anyone who does make the dead baby site a place to visit is a fucking weirdo and freak.eye rolling smiley

Cemetery manager Hepburn said the whole project should be ready in 30 to 45 days, but they hope to take this child first as part of the new partnership with Garden of Innocence.That group's founder said they have a clear mission."Because these children never get to choose their path of life, they never got to have a chance," she said. "We want the community to come together and take care of a child that nobody else cared for. We want to love it, and show it dignity."They are NOT "taking care" of those babies! Those babies are DEAD and no longer need "care". I wish to God they'd stop claiming they are "helping" or "caring" for these dead babies when there are plenty of LIVE ones they could help, right here in the good ole US of A.:smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Soon you will have to buy graves for your used tampoons. saying 'wtf'

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
So if you give to this charity your name goes on a list and you get to name an abandoned dead loaf? I wonder how it feels to get that call or email letting you know that some poor kid was just found dead but lucky for you, your name is next on the list to name it. Like...cool I have this "honor" but not cool because it means a kid is dead.

I have a sense of humor so I would give the dead loaf the trendiest name possible.
Stupid bleeding hearts. Can't they just put the little stiffs in an unmarked grave and be done with it?

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

I don't have an issue if people want to do this for abandoned dead babies. It is a non-profit and if people want to donate towards this, fine. Their money. I do feel for those babies that were often likely born alive and left to die in a dumpster when they could have been left at a hospital or somewhere where they would have been found and been able to receive medical care.

But, I do think at the same time they do this there should be an awareness that there are going to be more and more abandoned dead babies whenever legal access to safe abortion procedures is restricted by lawmakers, pro-liars, fundies, and extreme right-wingers. If these same women had been able to obtain an abortion, one they could afford or get for free, and without judgment or picketers, and so on, they would not have left their baby in a garbage bin.
ratherdive
I don't have an issue if people want to do this for abandoned dead babies. It is a non-profit and if people want to donate towards this, fine. Their money. I do feel for those babies that were often likely born alive and left to die in a dumpster when they could have been left at a hospital or somewhere where they would have been found and been able to receive medical care.

But, I do think at the same time they do this there should be an awareness that there are going to be more and more abandoned dead babies whenever legal access to safe abortion procedures is restricted by lawmakers, pro-liars, fundies, and extreme right-wingers. If these same women had been able to obtain an abortion, one they could afford or get for free, and without judgment or picketers, and so on, they would not have left their baby in a garbage bin.

I agree with you with regard to this, as having enough abandoned dead babies "needing" graves to facilitate a list is clearly indicative of bigger societal issues like restricted access to abortion/birth control, or at the very least an utter lack of awareness of birth control procedures. That said, I do worry that a project like this will be used as a pro-life tool, since they can twist anything into an argument against abortion as long as it works for them, even in the face of basic common sense. I can see them twisting this into some sappy 'every life is precious' argument, or even use it to show their compassion for these babies we all know they would never ever adopt.
Showing compassion for the dead sure is a lot easier than showing it for the living, who are inconvenient, contradictory, ungrateful and expensive.
Yeah I have a rather twisted sense of humor, I'm over tired and feeling silly.

For some reason that " KARS 4 KIDS " jingle popped into my head.

Maybe because of cars - I was visualizing like a utility truck that could go out and pick up the dead babbies like how they pick up dead animals off the roads.

Yeah, Pete - grab that one and chuck it in the back!

I was also thinking - later on I'm going to see my friend and I will pass by this Jewish cemetery. I ought to just jump right in there.

I think that's kind of running out of room. On it's Western end is a large river - hmmm I wonder ~

Oh sure. We have plenty of room. Out back there. Winky. Babby Innocence Garden? Oh yeah, that's out back over there ~

OK Pete. Just go ahead and lob those bastards right over the fence there, by the Jew cemetery. Oh no, they *want* them - they sacrifice 'em to their owl gods and shit. You learn to wing 'em the right way and they'll go sailing right into the river!

1 877 KID E KORPSE ~
yurble
Showing compassion for the dead sure is a lot easier than showing it for the living, who are inconvenient, contradictory, ungrateful and expensive.

Dingdingding!! We have a winner!
This is nothing more than some message about pro life from a bunch of fundy idiots. It might go away of we ignore it.
Zzelda
Just go ahead and lob those bastards right over the fence there, by the Jew cemetery.

Hey, we could employ a bunch of disgruntled Fed Ex drivers to do the lobbing. I hear those guys are great at throwing shit over fences, lol!
Lil' Landfills?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login