Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Time Magazine CF Cover Story

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Time Magazine CF Cover Story
August 09, 2013
efsb

A moo WITHOUT a life
That is all I ever wanted to be was a mom,I never wanted an education,career.....I also wanted a large family,we lost 3 and have a son. The only time I am seperated from him is when he is in school. We do not use daycare/sitters.
So all you’ve wanted to be was a broodmare? Hey, why don’t you move to a third world country and let some woman who actually wants a chance at an education and career leave her home. The only problem is you’ll be expected to clean house, cook your husband’s meals and raise the brats. No sitting around on your ever expanding ass watching soap operas while collecting WIC and welfare. Oh and there’s the possibility of being killed if you so much as wave to another man. But hey, it’s what you want isn’t it?

Note to the walking fistula that is Sarah Weir. Your jealousy is showing.

Talk about helicopter parent. Geez that kid is gonna have screwed up life. cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck
August 09, 2013
Okay, so I bought this stupid Time magazine (for my iPad) just to read this dumb article. It was totally worthless and I got nothing out of it. Mr. T: I pitty tha foold

The article on Breaking Bad was good though!!Thank you

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
indecision may or may not be my problem
August 11, 2013
Folks, a moo came up with the "right" cover photo for Time http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/08/the-child-free-life-cont/

In the same post she calls us selfish (AGAIN). I mean she's spitting out the old and alone bingo with no one to take care of us but then she calls us selfish. And names herself THINKING housewife. Maybe should have been judgmental bitch.
August 11, 2013
blackpearl
Folks, a moo came up with the "right" cover photo for Time http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/08/the-child-free-life-cont/

In the same post she calls us selfish (AGAIN). I mean she's spitting out the old and alone bingo with no one to take care of us but then she calls us selfish. And names herself THINKING housewife. Maybe should have been judgmental bitch.

I bet all the old women in that photo are mothers.

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
indecision may or may not be my problem
Anonymous User
August 11, 2013
lisbeth
blackpearl

Without a doubt. They're probably between 80 and 90 years old. Women didn't have much choice about being mothers back then. Pretty much all of them had kids.

Everyone I've ever heard of who's in a home was a parent. Sometimes that happens, when your "retirement plan" depends on being able to enslave another person into nurse duty: they simply refuse to comply.

Breeders have no idea what they're in for. And the in mean time, the childfree get to keep their money and save for their own old age, rather than playing Russian Roulette with a brat.
August 11, 2013
Just skimmed under the photo and saw someone talking about that's why he and his wife decided to have kids - his wife was terrified of being old and alone in a foreign country.

I guess they haven't figured out that they've set an example of moving abroad, which junior can so easily follow... What supreme arrogance.
August 11, 2013
I read that Time magazine has a survey about this but I didn't try it to see if it is still active.
August 11, 2013
yurble
I read that Time magazine has a survey about this but I didn't try it to see if it is still active.

Dunno if it's still active, but if you view the poll results the results are pretty skewed in favor of the CHILDFREE, not pahrunts. So either the Time readership is that sort of CF audience, or even other people agree that CFers get screwed in just about every way imaginable when they're just trying to live their own lives.

Either that, or the poll was taken by a bunch of hypocritical breeders who propagate a "do as I say, not as I do" approach to life values.

---
"Yes, fellow readers, nothing says 'devoted father of a special needs kid' quite like drinking, snorting cocaine, and then taking the boat out for a spin."
- Tiquer
August 11, 2013
One of the HuffPo commenters who is a parent warned people against having kids, saying they'll prematurely age you amongst other things.

That leads me to the question of what ages you faster - being the POTUS or having children? I'm going with the latter. tongue sticking out smiley
August 12, 2013
Jebus on toast points, that "thinking" housewife (fishwife is more like it) is an insufferable, stench-ridden, infected fistula of smug sanctimoniousness. I wonder how that husband of hers gets anywhere near her nethers without a holy water shower and high colonic with a prophylactic exorcism chaser -- you know, just to be on the safe side.
August 14, 2013
Some of the comments on this "thought" provoking old-lady picture

Forta Leza writes:

I disagree with you about selfishness and parental devotion. There is good selfishness and bad selfishness. It’s usually bad to seek to benefit your own situation if the cost is harm to others.

But it’s reasonable and natural to try to improve your own situation if doing so is also helpful to others. For example a man who wants to become a great doctor so that he can heal other people and make a lot of money doing so.

Having children can be like this and there’s no shame in it.

Laura writes:

But my point to Nick was that one shouldn’t openly express this selfishness, even though we may think that way. And the reason why we shouldn’t express it is because other people are involved and no child wants to think that he came about for strictly utilitarian reasons. (Nick wasn’t actually saying that, as he later clarified. ***read, backpeddling***) And parenthood always is more complex than that. Of course, it does involve self-interest and that’s not wrong.

So, we're selfish for not wanting screaming hooligans ruling our lives, but it's a bad selfishness, where they have all the right answers because they shat a loaf or 20? These fuckers need to get their heads out of their asses and look at what they're writing. Can you really sit there and say that these sprogglings are going to benefit the world? How?? By bringing about even more overuse of resources? By helping human beings single-handedly bringing about the extinction of thousands of other species? Oh, wait, they're like doctors? Ohhh, now I get it. These shitlings help prolong life and cure or make manageable diseases or illnesses? I think not. Parenthood is nothing complex. You spread your legs for Mr. McHotty Pants, lay in bed for 9 months, and milk the government for doing absolutely nothing but being a breeder. Yep, that's helping humanity so much. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools
August 14, 2013
Considering that we have a worldwide shortage of doctors and nurses, breeders can stop patting themselves on the back for creating future doctors and nurses. Obviously, that's not happening.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 14, 2013
lilin_unite
lisbeth
blackpearl

Without a doubt. They're probably between 80 and 90 years old. Women didn't have much choice about being mothers back then. Pretty much all of them had kids.

Everyone I've ever heard of who's in a home was a parent. Sometimes that happens, when your "retirement plan" depends on being able to enslave another person into nurse duty: they simply refuse to comply.

Breeders have no idea what they're in for. And the in mean time, the childfree get to keep their money and save for their own old age, rather than playing Russian Roulette with a brat.

So true. I expect that this vile cow will be just the same as those old mums once her kid/kids are old enough to get away from such an unpleasant creature.
Anonymous User
August 15, 2013
Here we see the childfree couple in their natural habitat. Their dens are vastly different from the childed couples, due to their lack of rambunctious children to break or harm themselves on anything. This particular den is decorated in a very mid-century modern style, with clean leather furniture and various works of abstract art.

The childfree couple's diet is varied from couple to couple, unlike the childed who regularly feast on chicken nuggets and kool-aid. However, most childfree couples seem to have ritualized their meals with regular conversation, and extended bouts of silence as they eat. Here we see the childfree male asking his mate how her day at work was, and the childfree female responding with a humorous anecdote about a co-worker's attempts to woo a childfree mate of their own. As we can see, conversation flows freely between the childfree couple, as they joke and banter with one another, while sharing the responsibility of cleaning up the dishes and leftovers.

Unlike their childed counterparts, who can consume up to three times their own weight in food, the average childfree couple is content to eat smaller portions, allowing them to maintain a more healthy body weight and appearance.

After the meal is cleaned and put away without incident, the childfree couple often retreats to either a shared sitting room to relax together, or they split off to pursue their own personal hobbies in peace and quiet.

Finally, the childfree couple likes to end their days with a mating ritual in their bed. Typically, this ritual would involve the application of a condom, but the male has recently received a vasectomy, and they are therefore free to enjoy sex without worrying about pregnancy. The childfree female still chooses to keep taking her birth control, however, just in case.

I would have gone on with this, but I'm tired, haha. grinning smiley
August 14, 2014
Well - looks like they were big fat fake fencesitters.

Great - way to give credence to the "you'll change your mind" bingo! GRRR.

http://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/2dgfb1/couple_interviewed_for_time_magazines_childfree/

http://imgur.com/a/qxsoP
August 14, 2014
I got a 'page not found' message when I used the link. I wonder if it was taken down?

Oh, never mind...got it!

Ugh! This is simply maddening! Only going to create more bingoes for the truly CF to have to deal with!!
They should've said they were fencesitters in the first place! angry smiley
August 14, 2014
According to a poster claiming to be Leah, they did tell Time they were fencesitters. She apparently changed her mind while in therapy dealing with abusive parents. OK I am fine with that. There are plenty of fence sitters who try on all hats before making the final decision.

However, they should not have been put up as the poster couple for CFdom. They were interviewed by Time and Katie Couric and were ardently claiming their CF place. If they were sitting on the fence, they should have just deferred the media to those who were not going to change their minds, therapy or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 14, 2014
The wannabreed's blog is now going to provide more ammo to the bingo, "You Must've Had a Bad Childhood". Time sucks anyway, it's the Parade magazine of "news". Also, this couple is the epitome of Smug Married. He (?) talks about how no one he knew had such an ZOMG amazing marriage as he and the spouse with the cutesy nickname. Oh well, it will be fun to watch the inevitable trainwreck, anyway. (dammit, where is that trainwreck emoticon thingy when you need it???)
August 15, 2014
I don't believe that belonging to a group makes you required to serve as a spokesperson. Belonging to a minority group doesn't make you a spokesperson to everyone you meet, and it doesn't make you responsible for the opinions those people form. You're an individual: it's the other person's choice to view you as a figurehead.

But when you present yourself in this role, you have an obligation. You're speaking for other people, whether they want you to or not. That means you have to present the group accurately and not reinforce the worst stereotypes about it. 'You'll change your mind' and 'There must be something wrong with you' are some of the nastiest incorrect beliefs about the childfree and these assholes have just reinforced them in the minds of the general public.

It's obvious these dilettantes never spent any time really questioning the status quo, they were just like a teenager raised in a strict religious environment who decides to become a satanist out of rebellion instead of thinking and becoming a reasoned atheist. Concern about overpopulation and pro-natalism may not be required beliefs for the CF, but most of us have spent some time thinking about these issues. If I did find myself wanting a child, I would nonetheless find it deeply unethical to reproduce. I'd look into adoption instead, because of my beliefs, not my age and the fact that I'm sterilized.

These people do not speak for me. I am not afraid of being a mother because I worry about what kind of a mother I would be. I have a wonderful mother, the sort that leaves me wishing I could share that experience with the many of you who did not. I will not change my mind and there's nothing wrong with me that will lead me to want a child when I'm cured.

I loathe these smug breeders for presenting themselves as CF spokespeople and I hope they never believe it was worth it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login