Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infertile Wanna Breed Boo Hoos IVF Isn't Free

Posted by jezebel_daisy 
Infertile Wanna Breed Boo Hoos IVF Isn't Free
September 14, 2014
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/sep/13/ivf-infertility-childlessness-treatment-nhs?CMP=fb_gu

You know what? I loathe moos but these whiny infertile bitches really piss me off too.

A little sample of her unhinged rant:
How is this fair? I have paid tax and national insurance since I was 16 and contributed into the system. I have a medical problem. Why can I have no help for an illness that is clearly mine? It is my body that doesn't work properly.

More funding is spent on obesity and drug and alcohol addiction in Leicestershire and Rutland than on fertility treatment. Did the people with infertility choose this to happen? Infertility is not a lifestyle choice, so why are we the ones to be penalised?
Re: Infertile Wanna Breed Boo Hoos IVF Isn't Free
September 14, 2014
This Wanna Cow is really wallowing in self pity. Jesus.

And anger, guilt, jealousy, all the feels she lists. Eeesh.

She also states that *she has HAD IVF* in the past - twice I think - and both failed.

Um - maybe they're taking your 'track record' into account too? She needs to do likewise. Sometimes shit just don't work. And can't be fixed. Throwing more money at Barren Cow here is going to help - how?

And look how bent out of shape she's gotten herself over this too.

Barren Bessie needs a check up from the neck up.
September 14, 2014
Wannamoo Cunt
How is this fair? I have paid tax and national insurance since I was 16 and contributed into the system. I have a medical problem. Why can I have no help for an illness that is clearly mine? It is my body that doesn't work properly.

More funding is spent on obesity and drug and alcohol addiction in Leicestershire and Rutland than on fertility treatment. Did the people with infertility choose this to happen? Infertility is not a lifestyle choice, so why are we the ones to be penalised?

Ah, but shitting a loaf IS a lifestyle choice! And becoming inpig is not essential or beneficial to one's health, so it falls under the same category as cosmetic surgery, IMO.

My Lasik surgery wasn't covered by any sort of insurance, even though I didn't choose to be born with astigmatism! smile rolling left righteyes2 (And, unlike sluicing, my getting Lasik surgery didn't suck resources from other hardworking taxpayers or contribute to overpopulation.)

It's better if these cuntbags don't pass on their entitled attitude to the next generation, anyway.
September 14, 2014
rudeawakening
Wannamoo Cunt

Ah, but shitting a loaf IS a lifestyle choice! And becoming inpig is not essential or beneficial to one's health, so it falls under the same category as cosmetic surgery, IMO.

My Lasik surgery wasn't covered by any sort of insurance, even though I didn't choose to be born with astigmatism! smile rolling left righteyes2 (And, unlike sluicing, my getting Lasik surgery didn't suck resources from other hardworking taxpayers or contribute to overpopulation.)

It's better if these cuntbags don't pass on their entitled attitude to the next generation, anyway.

This (what I bolded) is most interesting to me. I might like to get this Lasik surgery too. However - I thought I might not be a candidate *because of* astigmatism. I also have nerve damage (behind one eye.) My Mom did get it - and RAVED about it. That was just a few years ago and she does need it 'tweaked' already / partially redone (this may have to do with cataracts also, I'm not sure.)

My eyesight has degraded a great deal. I stare at monitors all day long. And right here in my free time too, ha. It's extremely bad now - I'm into bifocal if not trifocal range - and I'm not yet even 40.

I don't even have any type of glasses. I should probably start with that, eh? And that's what I'll be doing for the time being - and paying for myself too - I only have basic health ins. and such things aren't covered. Let alone Lasik. If I wanted that - I'd have to pay for it myself.

Am I crying over it? No. I can, and will, be spending whatever it costs to get glasses. I'm guessing around $500 ? Possibly more if you need 'complex' ones. And if I want the surgery - I will save up for it. Or I could 'charge it' - but I try to avoid debt and honestly this procedure kind of scares me. Still collecting info / might be a keep in mind for the future. And even if we (work) - did have 'better insurance' - I doubt it would be covered anyway.

Live with it. Go get some glasses. A solution that can work for me in the present.
September 14, 2014
Did you see her dead eyes in that picture? Pretty sure that putting her in charge of a small helpless being is NOT a good idea. Particularly when you read this line.
What is my role in life now as a wife, daughter, woman?
If she doesn't even know how to be a person unless she shits a loaf she has WAAAYY bigger problems than infertility. :crz

And someone needs to tell her that obesity and alcohol abuse can be fatal, infertility isn't even harmful.

I do agree that the reasoning for denying treatment (that husband already had kids) seems absurd, particularly since she is the one who has the medical problem. However, it is just one more reason not to marry someone with kids - even if you do want the little buggers.
September 14, 2014
Zzelda
rudeawakening
Wannamoo Cunt

This (what I bolded) is most interesting to me. I might like to get this Lasik surgery too. However - I thought I might not be a candidate *because of* astigmatism. I also have nerve damage (behind one eye.) My Mom did get it - and RAVED about it. That was just a few years ago and she does need it 'tweaked' already / partially redone (this may have to do with cataracts also, I'm not sure.)

My eyesight has degraded a great deal. I stare at monitors all day long. And right here in my free time too, ha. It's extremely bad now - I'm into bifocal if not trifocal range - and I'm not yet even 40.

I don't even have any type of glasses. I should probably start with that, eh? And that's what I'll be doing for the time being - and paying for myself too - I only have basic health ins. and such things aren't covered. Let alone Lasik. If I wanted that - I'd have to pay for it myself.

Am I crying over it? No. I can, and will, be spending whatever it costs to get glasses. I'm guessing around $500 ? Possibly more if you need 'complex' ones. And if I want the surgery - I will save up for it. Or I could 'charge it' - but I try to avoid debt and honestly this procedure kind of scares me. Still collecting info / might be a keep in mind for the future. And even if we (work) - did have 'better insurance' - I doubt it would be covered anyway.

Live with it. Go get some glasses. A solution that can work for me in the present.

Yes, get glasses NOW before you strain your eyes further. And $500 is way too high an estimate. I always get two pairs of glasses when I change my prescription (one pair bifocals, one pair reading only) and I pay a total of around $300. And I DO urge that separate pair of full-size reading lens only--it's near-essential for reading computer screens and print newspapers.

I know whereof I speak--I'm 60 now and needed my first pair of bifocals when I was 32. Good luck.
September 15, 2014
Well, I don't think IVF should be freely available. Counselling for infertile Myrtles maybe, but that's about it.

If she doesn't know who she is without loaf shitting, then she needs the counselling far more than she needs the IVF.
September 15, 2014
aliceblue
Did you see her dead eyes in that picture? Pretty sure that putting her in charge of a small helpless being is NOT a good idea. Particularly when you read this line.
If she doesn't even know how to be a person unless she shits a loaf she has WAAAYY bigger problems than infertility. :crz

And someone needs to tell her that obesity and alcohol abuse can be fatal, infertility isn't even harmful.

I do agree that the reasoning for denying treatment (that husband already had kids) seems absurd, particularly since she is the one who has the medical problem. However, it is just one more reason not to marry someone with kids - even if you do want the little buggers.
Damn, that quote about her role as "a wife, daughter, woman"--FFS, how does any of that change? Can't she still be all three, even w/o a loaf? Are those articles purely clickbait or just trying to stir up shit?:drool

It takes a child to raze a village.
September 15, 2014
learnernotlurker
Zzelda
rudeawakening
Wannamoo Cunt

Yes, get glasses NOW before you strain your eyes further. And $500 is way too high an estimate. I always get two pairs of glasses when I change my prescription (one pair bifocals, one pair reading only) and I pay a total of around $300. And I DO urge that separate pair of full-size reading lens only--it's near-essential for reading computer screens and print newspapers.

I know whereof I speak--I'm 60 now and needed my first pair of bifocals when I was 32. Good luck.

I agree. I recommend Zenni optical if you have already had an eye exam and know your pupil measurements and prescription. Zenni optical has affordable glasses that are high quality and cute to boot! I got prescriptions for 30 bucks, frames and all, delivered to my doorstep!

Edit: needed commas.
September 15, 2014
Frankly, people of a certain prescription should get free glasses every year or every two years. When your prescription is in the double-digits, glasses ought to be free. Not having glasses renders me essentially disabled and unable to perform everyday tasks. If I whine about having to pay a few hundred dollars for glasses, I sound entitled, even though glasses are an absolute NEED if I want to be a functioning member of society. But I took a job at an optometrist/eyewear store just to be able to afford glasses.

One of my favorite people is a Type I diabetic. He has to go through some bullshit with doctors just to get his lifesaving insulin that he still has to pay out the ass for. Type I diabetes isn't caused by bad diet or anything like Type II is, so it can't be blamed on him. His medication ought to be free because the alternative is death.

So why does this cunt think that fertility treatments ought to be free? Infertility is not a disability nor will it cause death. Though it would be a sort of delicious irony that she gets some free IVF and then a few years down the line, she's going bankrupt from pricey treatments from the cancer caused by the fertility drugs. I would say that then maybe she'd gain a little perspective, but breeders and wannabreeds are incapable of retro- and introspection.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 16, 2014
Infertility isn't what I would call a medical problem because it isn't debilitating or fatal and doesn't impair a person's ability to live or even be comfortable. Having children is not required for good health and no one ever died from an inability to breed. She is right that her body doesn't work right, but not all bodily malfunctions are earth-shattering. In fact, fertility is one of the very few things that can be broken and still allow the person to live normally because it isn't required for basic functioning. We don't really need our appendixes either, but if they break, they can kill us.

This woman doesn't need a goddamn child. She needs a shrink. If she thinks the only way a woman can properly define herself is via breeding, she probably has no self-esteem and is depressed, and people like her never make good parents. This is because they either become micro-managing helicopter breeders or spoil the kid rotten.

Breeding is a 100 percent optional/elective decision. Even some types of cosmetic surgery are what could be defined as necessary, such as implants after a double mastectomy, or facial reconstruction after a bad accident. People might want to look and feel slightly normal and surgery to repair physical flaws can help with that. No one needs to breed ever, so NO, IVF doesn't need to be free. If you do that, every fuckin' barren wanna-Moo will be lining up to pollute the planet with more future-less little gargoyles on the taxpayers' dime.

If anything should be free, it's any treatment, therapy or medication that a person needs to be able to function properly, be it glasses, hearing aids, antibiotics, thyroid meds, chemo, and so on. Anything relating to breeding shouldn't be free because unlike nearsightedness, strep throat, hypothyroidism and cancer, no one chooses to have those problems. Breeding and all it entails is a fully voluntary choice.
September 16, 2014
Khrist on a kracker. She better never get cancer. Hubby had to take an equity loan to pay for the 10% not covered by insurance. I could have died without treatments. Not having kids does not threaten my health.thumbs upwink Priorities people. You cant always get what you want. If you want something hard enough, save money to buy it. :Violin
September 16, 2014
I think this is a great example of why free healthcare is BS. When healthcare is free, all of a sudden all kinds of things become 'necessary'. I'm sorry but boob and nose jobs should and do not pertain to the category of necessary medical interventions. If someone really wants an op like that they can go and pay for it themselves. The same goes for IVF which is just ridiculous anyway, not to mention the fact that IVF itself can cause other medical conditions.

The US healthcare system isn't perfect either but I wonder why nobody ever looks to Switzerland as an example on how to sort out this mess? In Switzerland health insurance is mandatory but the patient still pays a certain percentage of the cost of their medical bill which also encourages personal responsibility. Nobody in Switzerland moans that it's 'unfair'. The only glitch there is that women don't have to pay for loafing which imho is a farce. Maybe if shitting a loaf were expensive people would think twice before breeding irresponsibly? two cents
September 16, 2014
So much lowing... where to begin? angrily flogging with a whip

I have paid tax and national insurance since I was 16 and contributed into the system.

Entitlemoo alert... another "MY BLOODY TAXES" type. Well, I have also paid into the system since I was 16, but I don't want IVF, so what Hardworking Taxpayer Bonus am I entitled to? Why don't I just demand something like a free car instead? Does that sound silly? It's just another luxury- like having children via IVF!

I wouldn't claim a freebie off the NHS because I know that's not what the NHS is for- it's there for when I need it, not for when I want to get greedy and "claim back my taxes". I don't *need* IVF, and neither does anybody else, but we may all need something more essential one day when we're older, or if we have an accident and are injured.

Her children would probably just grow up to vote Tory anyway so it's probably for the best.

The entitlemoo continues with:

More funding is spent on obesity and drug and alcohol addiction in Leicestershire and Rutland than on fertility treatment. Did the people with infertility choose this to happen? Infertility is not a lifestyle choice.

Oh yes, you're a good and pure honest Life Scripter unlike all of those FATTIES and JUNKIES and PISSHEADS who don't DESERVE the NHS as much as you do. Why don't you get a Certificate Of Holier-Than-Thou-ness to wave in your GP's face? Maybe then you can also enlighten them with the sunlight shining out of your arse while you're at it.

Nobody makes a conscious decision to become obese or addicted to drugs or alcohol- these are things which have many complex causes and often creep up on people. It could also be argued that infertility is a lifestyle choice as it can be caused by using an IUD, contracting chlamydia through unprotected sex- and yes, drinking, drug abuse and obesity!

Even if the first three were all "lifestyle choices", they're treated because they have a major impact on society- treating a case of obesity early is cheaper then ignoring it and then having to send that obese person for a gastic bypass, heart surgery or cancer treatment later in life. Treating drug addiction cuts the rates of HIV transmission, not to mention the rates of burglaries and muggings users carry out to fund their addictions. Sending people to AA is cheaper than getting them a liver transplant, and getting people to drink less cuts depression, violence and a host of other problems suffered by society at large as a result of alcohol abuse.

Well then Wannabreed, what good for society would treating your infertility do? It would probably end up costing us more in schooling, NHS care, and the benefits you'll need because you can't even afford IVF, never mind the cost of raising a child. Oh yes, of course I forgot- your child will be a future cancer curer and we should be investing in their future now!

For more than 10 years I have tried to have a family of my own, but unfortunately my fallopian tubes did not work and I suffered three natural ectopic pregnancies. I just need to bypass my tubes. Never in a million years did I think IVF could result in another ectopic.

"I just need to bypass my tubes" makes it sound like she's dealing with a simple plumbing job here, not a part of an organ which actually has a complex function, and which doesn't function properly in her case. She seems to think that if enough doctors implant enough embryos one will eventually get one to implant in the right place, as if those experienced medics don't really know what they're doing and should take a chuck-it-at-the-wall-and-see-if-it-sticks approach instead.

Never mind the drug addicts and drinkers supposedly being a drain on the NHS, what about a woman who has a history of ectopic pregnancies but still keeps conceiving them anyway, knowing there's a huge risk that she'll need to take up NHS funding and resources to get those ectopic pregnancies aborted before they end up killing her? Is that really any less reckless? What about the effects on her partner and family? Has she even stopped to think about how this could be hurting them?

A more recent failed IVF has left me completely lost as the outcome was a negative test – what did I do wrong this time, why wasn't I pregnant, even if the pregnancy was in the wrong place? At least I was pregnant, but this time it was just a big fat nothing.

Even in healthy people around 50% of embryos fail to implant, and a woman having sex while fertile still isn't guaranteed to get pregnant. She doesn't have a great grasp of biology, does she?

Some friends of mine tried to conceive while using various hormone tests and complex spreadsheets, trying to be as scientific about it as possible. After a year nothing had happened and they were considering going for sperm counts and other tests when they just happened to conceive. Their second child was conceived after just a couple of months of trying. Nature is just unpredictable like that, and not even a doctor putting a fertilised egg in the right place can "bypass" that. There is no magic formula here, people need to realise that and stop getting their hopes up- or IVF specialists need to be honest and tell them.

*shakes head* I don't think I need to say anything more about this one...
September 16, 2014
rockchick
I think this is a great example of why free healthcare is BS. When healthcare is free, all of a sudden all kinds of things become 'necessary'. I'm sorry but boob and nose jobs should and do not pertain to the category of necessary medical interventions. If someone really wants an op like that they can go and pay for it themselves. The same goes for IVF which is just ridiculous anyway, not to mention the fact that IVF itself can cause other medical conditions.

I live in a country with NHS. I have refused to come and live in countries without it. I'll take the odd couple doing IVF vs getting destituite if I happen to get cancer.

This said, IVF and cosmetic surgeries shouldn't be allowed with NHS.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login