Posted by alana 
Re: "My Cats Were My Babies Before I Had Kids, Now I Forget They Exist "
November 06, 2014
"my cats are more or less like furniture"

What a POS
selidororous

What a POS

I guess people like me help balance out the POS's like this. I've said before that at best my brain notices babies like it notices the furniture in a room.

And this lady needs a kick to the kidneys. Self-centered a-hole.
Re: "My Cats Were My Babies Before I Had Kids, Now I Forget They Exist "
November 06, 2014
selidororous

What a POS

Sometimes my kittehs are white noise machines, the purrins put me to sleep smiling smiley

My kitty was adopted in 2011, returned to the shelter in 2013 and adopted by me months later. When she was returned, they updated her "about" section so it said she didn't like kids. My guess is that she was either tormented by the previous owner's toadler, or the owner sprogged and didn't want to attempt socializing her with Shitford.
She's the most mellow-tempered and patient cat I've ever met. Even when she feels threatened, at worst she hisses and slaps you with her paw (not using claws) and gently puts her jaws around you (not actually biting). The shelter's policy is that you have to book the cat, then visit her at least three times in two weeks, and only then have her delivered to your home, so I had plenty of time to observe her behavior and interaction with other cats and people. You would really need to push her to the breaking point in order to have her scratch you. When she sees a kid, she runs away and observes them from a safe hiding spot. I truly doubt she was returned because she attacked someone.
I guess her dislike for kids is the reason nobody wanted her for months. She's low-maintenance, affectionate and truly a beauty, plus long-haired cats tend to get adopted faster in general, at least around here. Not her. sad smiley At least I got lucky.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login