Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

neighbors make noise complaints about autard noise, moo says its a human rights violation

Posted by ladybug2203 
evilchildlessbitch
I think that people should be able to designate their apartment complexes or HOAs as quiet zones. There are plenty of people of all ages who would enjoy the quiet. Some college students actually need or want to study. Some parents want things to be quiet so they and their kids can get some sleep. Many working people don't always have a traditional schedule and need to sleep odd hours. Many seniors have raised their kids and want to be away from them. Charge a hefty fee for anybody who breaks the rules more than three times and also make them agree to automatic eviction. Loud college students who want to party, people with loud kids (autards or not), idiots who want to play music all night or people who just want to be loud for whatever reason all need to live together.

But see autizmoos want everyone else to be silent cuz of autards sensory overload but thdy can make as much noise as they want
gnarler
Here's what I never understand about these people that cry autism and rights for their sensory disordered autistic children to have very noisy tantrums in public and in attached homes. Does it never occur to them that, perhaps, some of the people in public trying to run their necessary errands, and some of the people desperately trying to enjoy quiet enjoyment of their homes, might ALSO be similarly challenged - and have sensory issues, and might also be on the spectrum and have similar triggers? I just don't understand. If you/your child is the one CREATING the noise in public or in an adjacent home, perhaps you need to adjust your habits or your living situation because someone else might have similar challenges they're trying to adjust to?

For this scenario to carry any weight, I'm pretty sure the other person on the spectrum who experiences sensory triggers with noise and the ceiling and walls shaking would have to be a chyuld, because if the sensitive person is an adult, that person will be scolded by hundreds of thousands of outraged Fakebookers for being selfish and not putting the needs of a chyuld first. It would certainly be a very interesting showdown, though, to see two awwwtism moos go at it, one with the noisy, bouncing-off-the-walls awwwtism sufferer, and the other with an awwwtistic who has noise/building vibration triggers from the first one's noise!
yurble
It's also why we should get rid of legislation that forbids anyone but the elderly from seeking out neighbors who share some characteristics and replace it with rules which allow dwellings to be grouped according to preferences on factors which affect neighbors. I obviously don't want to introduce discrimination based on factors such as race, sexuality or gender, which do not affect the neighbors, but people should be able to opt not to live somewhere noisy, or where they're exposed to passive smoke every time they open the window. There will be a lot less friction if people live near people who share their views on issues which affect everyone in the building.

THIS.

I have sensory issues (which I don't even like to admit because so many breeders use this to excuse their kyds' bratty behavior, but I digress). Sounds tend to be my worst trigger. I obviously can't control everything outside my own home, but I need to be able to come home to a place where I can have a reprieve or I simply cannot function. There are PLENTY of communities willing to cater to breeders; I see no reason why anyone who doesn't want to live around children, excessive noise, animals, cigarette smoke, etc. should not be allowed to make that choice.

I'm a college student now and fortunately I live in a townhouse complex that only houses other students, and where my neighbors are generally very considerate in keeping noise down. But I start law school in the fall and will be moving to a new (VERY expensive) city, and I don't even know what I'll do if I can hear breeder/kyd noise from my almost-certain-to-be-overpriced-yet-still-a-dump apartment. Sue them for emotional distress, maybe, just for practice? Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login