Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yeah, well, you bred your way into this mess

Posted by Dorisan 
Re: Yeah, well, you bred your way into this mess
May 13, 2015
starlady
I can not imagine bringing a kyd into this world knowing the genes in my fambly on both sides were prone to mental dissorders. That, to me, is a form of chyld abuse. That chyld will be dealing with this all of his/her life. Why subject someone to that when it is preventable?

This, this, a million times THIS. I wish breeders would think things like that through before spawning, but we all know a thinking breeder is an oxymoron.

mrs. chinaski
is that I don't understand how it is possible that some people
can function normally and other people diagnosed with the same
condition (!) are not able to do so.

They are just like every other disorder - there is a spectrum. Low functioning on one end and high functioning on the other. Think of cancer - two people can have lung cancer, the same disease, and one will live and one will die from it because they are in different stages. The biggest difference for mental illnesses is that even for the same person, it can vary depending on things going on in life, meds, other health problems, quality of counseling, etc.

You brought up CZJ, who is pretty high functioning, and even she voluntarily checked herself into a center when her meds needed to be adjusted, because the process has the potential to make someone non functional for a while. My brother (severely bipolar and schizo-affective) has had physical health issues that have finally been treated the past few months. The downside is his meds for the physical health problems counteract his bipolar meds. He's started cycling again, and when his other meds finish their course, he'll have to have his bipolar meds adjusted again.

To bring this back to the nephew who said "It can be treated".... The biggest problem is that people with mental illnesses face is treatment. Both *obtaining* it in the first place and continuing it. Too many doctors blow off the signs, there is too much stigma still in asking for help, and when people finally do, too many other factors come into play creating barriers with the quality and duration of real treatment. And then the nature of the diseases means that for quite a lot of people, once they start feeling better, they think "I don't need treatment anymore" and stop, only to go back down the rabbit hole again and create a cycle. And that's when treatments WORK - some don't. I keep up with new treatments for chronic depression because I haven't found one yet that works for me. I hope that someday, some of these promising ones will be available to me, and maybe if I'm lucky enough by then, I can have some relief. And people voluntarily bring someone into the world who will suffer from this?! Me to them - mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck angry flipping off

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
May 13, 2015
People who put themselves into these sorts of situations, then bitch about it and expect constant udder rubs, drive me crazy. They can't afford their own place, they're living with an alcoholic, abusive relative, they already have one kid, so sure, fucking get pregnant with another kid. Great idea.

Person with common sense

You can't be a SAHM when you don't have a home. If DH works days you can work nights. If he is working weekends you can work on days he has off.

I can't believe the number of people in here who get pregnant when using birth control.

This, a thousand times over. This is going to be my new standard response to SAHMs who bitch about their financial situations, all the while refusing to do their part to bring in money. Bitch, start applying for part time (at least) jobs with night or weekend hours so your husband can watch the kid while you're at work. Yes, working a shit job sucks. Yes, working opposite hours to your spouse sucks. But if your finances are this bad, you have to fucking do whatever you can to dig yourself out of that situation. She needs to pull her head of her ass and realize that the SAHM routine doesn't work if one paycheck isn't enough to allow her family to live on their own. And if she can't get a job now because she's pregnant? They'd better start cutting expenses as much as possible until she can work.
May 13, 2015
blondie
gnocchi
Seriously, although the term "regulation" generally makes me squirmy, something like it has to happen in regards to breeding.

There are just way, way, WAY too many stupid people in fucked-up situations cranking out kyds out there.

Isn't that the truth. This is just unsustainable, so many people are non-functional and breeding like rats. They can't support themselves. And there are ever more tards being born.

I went to this little restaurant/ice cream place that was recently renovated. I worked there years ago and it was a cool little place. So I go in the new version of it and the entire place looked like a toadler's play room. The menu was dumbed down and it was full of trashy moos and duhs with out of control kyds. I was thinking this is the new normal and it really made me sad. I asked my SO, what does this look like and he said "Idiocracy". Nearly everyone there looked like there was something wrong with them. The food was awful too.

We are molding society to them - stupid irresponsible breeders, tards and their handlers, and there is no stigma to being stupid and doing stupid things or being an entitled sloth. If you criticize any of this you are called a hater. It is unsustainable. Makes me feel like a conspiracy theorist because it seems like having a dumb society works well for those in power.

I recently traveled across country, and one of my overnight stops was Columbus, OH. I mean no offense to any BF residents of Columbus, because I'm sure none of you fall under this category I'm about to describe. I was staying overnight at a Motel 6, which - judge away, but it's hard to find an affordable place to stay that will allow two large dogs. I'd have been happier at, like, the Hampton Inn or something, but no go with the dogs.

Anyway, the Motel 6, while pretty grody, wasn't the worst of things. I'm sorry to say that I had to make a sundries run at the Walmart, because there wasn't much of a choice. Now I usually avoid Walmart where possible, and for good reason. But this one, this one in Columbus OH, was like a parody compared to Idiocracy. The people in it were worse than I could have imagined. The all had meth faces, dirty clothes, filthy screaming kids that weren't being taught to behave. Scrunchy aqua net permed hair, men with mustaches and mullets and trucker caps and camouflage.The kids were wearing nothing but diapers and they were all crying.

Then, without any warning, a loud, recorded computerized voice, right next to my ear. I flinched, and looked up tentatively, and it turns out the endcap was talking to me. Yes, there was a TV screen on the end cap that was triggered to turn on and begin program as I walked by, and turned on a very loud, almost cartoony, circusy enthusiastic guy that was trying to tell me how much i wanted to buy the Doritos in that aisle.

I felt like Hunter S. Thompson/Johnny Depp on too much ether in Circus Circus. I was like, I missed Idiocracy, my time capsule opened after that. Those must have been the good ole days.

Beware Walmart in Columbus, OH.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login