Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's a BOOKSTORE! <Rant> angry smiley

Posted by addiea raine 
Re: It's a BOOKSTORE! <Rant> angry smiley
May 28, 2015
I used to go to bookstores (and the library) all the time. Now I can't even remember the last time I went. And record stores (new & used) - how I miss those.

Even going to the supermarket or the liquor store is a nightmare these days. There is one store in particular that is THE breeder & brats nightmare from Hell; I avoid it as much as I can, but sometimes they have a really good sale happening. Last time I went, it was on a Sunday at nearly 9 PM - and there were SO MANY BRATS! And I was like, why aren't those little fuckers in bed already?! The lines at the cash registers were 3 miles long. Gawd!
May 29, 2015
Medusa
Last time I went, it was on a Sunday at nearly 9 PM - and there were SO MANY BRATS! And I was like, why aren't those little fuckers in bed already?! The lines at the cash registers were 3 miles long. Gawd!

Try to go any place just as close to it's opening you can on a week day (if remotely possible) or on the week end if you have to. Cows don't like to wake up/and or have to send/ready a brat to school.

I go to the grocery store/Walcrap as close to it's opening as I can. Cows don't like waking early/and or on the weekend must ready a brat/brats for school.

As for the library, most libraries can be accessed/book reserved via computer. You go, pick up your book(s) and get the fuck outa there. E-books are another brat avoidance option.

(The passive/aggressive expert at brat avoidance.)

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 29, 2015
@ craftyzits: Cool :-) I go to the grocery stores at lunch time. Moos are at home making lunch for their Speshul Sneauphlaqes.
May 31, 2015
ex lurker
Even though we KNOW overpopulation is a huge contributing factor to AGW!!!

Perfect back bingo to a breeder: provide a rational argument for why sproggin uses up more resources than owning a gas guzzler or being childfree, etc. Whoaa and stay out of the line of fire because this will cause any self-proclaimed "socially conscious and nauseatingly smug" breeder to go berserk and erupt emotionally every freaking time, regardless of the facts: more food, diapers, bigger car, bigger house, loaf crap (which they are constantly outgrowing) plus when the sprogs spawn....

I'm saving this one for the next time I get bingo'd by said type of breeder. Oh yes I am! Push the hot button, mu ha ha! devil with smile devil with smile
June 10, 2015
The Wolf and I used to LOVE to go to B&N to get a sandwich and drink at the Starbuck's, then find a comfy chair or two to sit down in and check out books that interested us. We visited the local B&N about two weeks ago and all the comfy chairs are gone, all kinds of kindercrap books and games on display, yet when I went to the science section (which used to be pretty large and carry a lot of good titles), said science section is down to two small shelves and of course, a fair number of the titles are geared to brats. Of course, the feral toadlers and brats were doing their screaming and running around and of course the obligatory "quietly fussingâ„¢" loaf was there as well. Needless to say, the Wolf and I left without buying a damned thing.

I can get books from Amazon.com cheaper and without all the breeder bullshit and drama.
June 11, 2015
MerlynHerne
The Wolf and I used to LOVE to go to B&N to get a sandwich and drink at the Starbuck's, then find a comfy chair or two to sit down in and check out books that interested us. We visited the local B&N about two weeks ago and all the comfy chairs are gone, all kinds of kindercrap books and games on display, yet when I went to the science section (which used to be pretty large and carry a lot of good titles), said science section is down to two small shelves and of course, a fair number of the titles are geared to brats. Of course, the feral toadlers and brats were doing their screaming and running around and of course the obligatory "quietly fussingâ„¢" loaf was there as well. Needless to say, the Wolf and I left without buying a damned thing.

I can get books from Amazon.com cheaper and without all the breeder bullshit and drama.
and not from B and N dot com! [bolding is me]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login