Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another restaurant owner snaps at screeching brat (in Portland). Predictable backlash ensues

Posted by Dorisan 
I honestly would have stood up and started applauding when the owner corrected the sneauflake. The Moo should have been shamed by an entire restaurant of patrons telling her in unison to get the hell out of there after such a display of poor parenting skills.
Dorisan
Her response was entertaining, but will likely turn some off. It did me after going back and reading about the incident in its entirety.

She sounds like a shrill, name calling fishwife. I would be wondering if she treats all problems that way. Complain about slow service? Get cussed out. Send your eggs back because they were runny when you requested that they be fully cooked? Screeches.

I tend to agree. What I'm still not getting, though, is why the parents were deliberately not feeding the kid what they had apparently ordered for her. I mean, she's hungry, she can see what she wants to eat, but they won't let her have it. What kind of dick parental move is that? Something still just doesn't pass the smell test about the parents's story.
amethyst114
MerlynHerne
Seriously, what asshat sits there and lets their brat shriek and cry for 40 minutes?.

It's actually worse than that, if I'm getting all the details right.

Apparently, they ordered the food, then deliberately placed it out of their kyd's reach. For 45 fucking minutes. While the kyd screamed and cried to eat, they just sat there with the food in the center of the table where the kyd couldn't eat it or reach it.

That's just fucking ridiculous and kind of cruel, honestly.

And the owner went over there 3 times to tell them to either take their shit to go or to take the kyd outside, and they refused. They deserve everything they got quite frankly. And anyone coming to their defense is as much of an asshat as they are.

THIS. That BS with the food merits a visit from CPS. Kids are a pain in the ass, but they don't deserve to be treated like that. I agree, the breeders deserved everything they got.
Yeah, I have to agree that keeping the food away from the kyd was what made it scream, therefore it's the parunts' fault. It's almost like they wanted the kyd to scream, for some kind of attention or something?

I don't think the owner of the restaurant handled it very professionally on social media, though, and she needs to remember that people read that shit and will get turned off by it.

I would've chastised the parunts instead of the kyd, and sent them all packing. I would have told them that starving their child in my restaurant to make it scream for 40 minutes is NOT acceptable, and that they would have to leave. That would have been an appropriate response.

It sounded like she got the kyd's attention, though!
Why would you order food for your kid and then not let them have it for 40 minutes? saying 'wtf'
Have the parunts given any reason as to why they wouldn't feed their loaf?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/07/22/im-the-mom-whose-encounter-with-an-angry-maine-diner-owner-went-viral-heres-what-happened/

I guess moo is giving her side of the story.
This comment from Daburge was perfect!

Sorry, but if you have a 30 minute wait for a table then you are looking at least 45 to 60 minutes to get food, way to long for a toddler. There are plenty of restaurants that will allow a person with a toddler to have food on the table in short order, Panera is a good choice if you abhor McDonalds. Children should be exposed to dining out but not at the expense of other diners. Why take the child to a restaurant on one of the busiest days of the week, try a week day. Unfortunately this is a parent fail, baby boomers have raised a generation of people who can't recognize "wants" from "needs".

The mom is getting ripped again in the comments. YAY!
yeah, this moo needs to just go away and shut up. She doesn't have a chance. Nice to see so many on the side of the restaurant owner. Just proving more of what we all know.... a bunch of spoiled brats raising another generation .. even more spoiled. Apparently it takes something like this to bring out all those who feel the same way we do.... and there seem to be a lot of them out there. The more people stand up against this behavior then maybe something will change... maybe. I really can't wait to get to Portland and drop in this place. Not sure about coconut pancakes... but I'd sure like to shake this lady's pancake makin' hand.
I'm a little irked right now. I responded to some messages to Marcy's with logic and reason. For example, one person wondered why the owner didn't give the child crackers, and something to distract her to quiet her.

I am now locked out of my alternate account -- FB is asking for a government-issued ID -- and my comments are gone. I'm guessing someone reported me.

I replied that it wasn't the restaurant owner's responsibility to provide snacks and entertainment and lamented breeder entitlement.

I didn't do any name-calling, except for the use of "breeder", which is what could have done it.
i always find it amazing just how one sided a review comment section can become, when the public refuses to aloue oppinions from both sides of the table.

gee lets remove all the logical, boarderline empowering comments for the person who didn't bow to a childs whims.:crz

at least on bratfree, while we dont aloue breeders to stay, we do leave their comments (albeit crossed out/whited out/minimized) for all to see and form opinions on.
I went over and 'liked' the restaurant's FB page. Owner is in there every morning with the latest offerings of the day and she is still remarking on the incident. Seems she is getting lots of business, reactions, nasty phone calls but mostly she is getting flowers and cards of praise for what she did. Hummm.......
The wife sounded totally ignorant when I saw the original story and they had quoted her. She couldn't even construct a proper sentence. Now I see Her Side of the Story and I noticed that her husband had been in the Coast Guard... I was in the Coast Guard for 11 years and now I know exactly what this dumb bitch is:

DEPENDAPOTOMUS.

Military wives are the absolute fucking worst. These people are trash, through and through.
What is with all the cutesy pictures of moo in this PR puff piece on what a great parent she really is..and see how good looking we are too?

Narcissism defined.

Yeah, Darla went overboard with the f-bombs but at least she owned it, This twunt is still playing the victim and still angling for her 15 minutes of fame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
starbelly
I was in the Coast Guard for 11 years and now I know exactly what this dumb bitch is:

DEPENDAPOTOMUS.

Military wives are the absolute fucking worst. These people are trash, through and through.

Husband was in the CG for 24 years. Those wives really are bottom-feeders, aren't they?
Military wives are the worst of entitled cunt breeders.

Good on Darla. We need more of "our kind" out there sticking up to the breederspawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
OMG this comment on the moo's reply
moooooooo
Tara, thank you for this article explaining your perspective about what happened. When I first heard about this incident, my thought was how awful that a restaurant owner would yell at a child. I worked at a restaurant, and there is no way we would ever have treated a child that way, crying or not. If she thought that the child was causing a problem, the correct thing to do would be to discuss it quietly and politely with you.
moo
If there was no way to stop the crying then she should have offered to pack up the food for you and not charge you for the meal.
If there was no way to stop the crying then she should have offered to pack up the food for you and not charge you for the meal.

WHAT
So a shitling enters a diner, shrieks, pisses everyone off, and it should be rewarded with a free meal?
Can I get a complimentary lunch if I go into a restaurant and start wailing like I'm on fire, too?
Fucking ENTITLEMOO.
Here's a good comment which sounds like what really happened: "Locals here in Maine, some of whom know people who were in the restaurant, describe a situation in which the child screamed blood blue murder for 40 minutes while the parents did nothing. They don't like what the restaurant owner did, but they are outraged at the lack of consideration of the other diners by the parents."

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
barbur
starbelly
I was in the Coast Guard for 11 years and now I know exactly what this dumb bitch is:

DEPENDAPOTOMUS.

Husband was in the CG for 24 years. Those wives really are bottom-feeders, aren't they?

I kind of had a feeling somebody on here might be a military spouse... Hope I didn't offend you, it was aimed at that particular demographic that seems to find a niche amongst military men.
Why the hell is it national news and such a goddam big deal that a woman yelled at a kid for two seconds?! I can't believe we've come to this. It's way over the top that this is big news.

I didn't even know people didn't yell at kids anymore until reading some comments. My mother would not have made it through moo-hood without her yelling-voice. It did work, just like this lady's voice worked on that kid. I like that she emphasized it by slamming her hands on the table too. Yes, I like Darla. I hope to visit that diner someday. Portland is nice place to visit but there are a lot of douchey entitled tourists like these two breeders to wreck a nice vacation.

I actually fear vacationing now, even for a weekend, putting out all that money and having my time ruined by the likes of breeders like these assholes.
ouabain
OMG this comment on the moo's reply
moooooooo

the fuck i just read? how does assaulting every diner and staff members ears for 40 minutes= a free meal?

i've got so many words and none all at the same time for this logic. i think they should have to pay double for that meal if their going to treat everyone with no regard, even then, nothings stopping another customer from doing the same as that restaurant owner did after 40 minutes, especially if their experience is being ruined.
blondie
Why the hell is it national news and such a goddam big deal that a woman yelled at a kid for two seconds?! I can't believe we've come to this. It's way over the top that this is big news.

Because it fits into the national famblee values propaganda that is always being thrown at us. Defund Planned Parenthood, make abortion illegal (or highly restricted), breastfeed until the kid is 92 months old, glorify moohood as if it's something magical, and of course the Worship My Child Syndrome, which is defined as never yelling at it for anything wrong, bestial, feral or downright nasty it does.

That's why.
moooooooo
Tara, thank you for this article explaining your perspective about what happened. When I first heard about this incident, my thought was how awful that a restaurant owner would yell at a child. I worked at a restaurant, and there is no way we would ever have treated a child that way, crying or not. If she thought that the child was causing a problem, the correct thing to do would be to discuss it quietly and politely with you.
moo

Why is it moos always think they're entitled to free stuff and free food just because they fucked without birth control?
Their entitlement is beyond belief. :scr
Medusa
yurble
Is that the new style of PR? It makes a nice change from all the kow-towing you regularly see.

Yeah, refreshing that she's not kissing breeder ass - but it's not terribly professional. Threatening violence? Yikes.

My excitement was sort of lessened when I read her response. She sounded like trailer trash. It just turned me off, although I'm glad that the issue of screaming kids got some press and more and more people are talking about how rude it is.

I loved the comments in this article the mother wrote for The Washington Post. She's getting called out left and right and almost no one is agreeing with her!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/07/22/im-the-mom-whose-encounter-with-an-angry-maine-diner-owner-went-viral-heres-what-happened/
CherryIce
I loved the comments in this article the mother wrote for The Washington Post. She's getting called out left and right and almost no one is agreeing with her!

She's trying to show Bratleigh "what she's not raising her to be like"? She's trying to "teach compassion"? News for you, moo. Teaching a 2-year-old "compassion" is like trying to have a two-way philosophical debate with a fire hydrant. The Bitchy Waiter has an epic response:

I hope you had some fucking crackers in your bag

"If your parenting didn't make him a sociopath the lack of it did." -Jessica Jones
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login