Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wahhhhhh my wealthy childfree brother isnt buying our kids xmas presents!

Posted by ladybug2203 
mumofsixbirds
evilchildlessbitch
We did not ask for gifts or money (although I think of money as a gift and find it rude to specify cash only). We had no showers at work and only received gifts from people invited to the wedding who came. I could have honestly cared less about who gave what.
If somebody told me "no gifts" I would assume that meant no gifts, period.
The only time I can see specifying is in a situation like my cousin who was stationed in Germany but brought her 3 kids back to the US for Christmas. She asked that IF we gave gifts we do gift cards because of luggage limits flying back to Europe. In that case, it doesn't matter to me if I go to a store to buy stuff or a gift card.

I also find it rude to specify only cash, and I meant no gifts at all - including cash. I was shocked and surprised by how much we got, since we didn't expect it.

I would be irritated if someone told me to come to a wedding and bring cash only. I would probably end up with a horrendous migraine that day, and unable to attend. But then again, I can be a bitch that way. bouncing and laughing
I certainly wasn't talking about you!
People should give gifts if and when they want in whatever form they want.
evilchildlessbitch
mumofsixbirds
evilchildlessbitch
We did not ask for gifts or money (although I think of money as a gift and find it rude to specify cash only). We had no showers at work and only received gifts from people invited to the wedding who came. I could have honestly cared less about who gave what.
If somebody told me "no gifts" I would assume that meant no gifts, period.
The only time I can see specifying is in a situation like my cousin who was stationed in Germany but brought her 3 kids back to the US for Christmas. She asked that IF we gave gifts we do gift cards because of luggage limits flying back to Europe. In that case, it doesn't matter to me if I go to a store to buy stuff or a gift card.

I also find it rude to specify only cash, and I meant no gifts at all - including cash. I was shocked and surprised by how much we got, since we didn't expect it.

I would be irritated if someone told me to come to a wedding and bring cash only. I would probably end up with a horrendous migraine that day, and unable to attend. But then again, I can be a bitch that way. bouncing and laughing
I certainly wasn't talking about you!
People should give gifts if and when they want in whatever form they want.

Oh, I know that, ECB. smiling smiley

I just wanted to clarify, since I wasn't too clear in my original post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login