Re: Got sick and don't have kids? No help for you!
August 13, 2015
mrs.Chinaski
@ blackpearl: we have the same background - Eastern Europeans living in West - so I can relate.

From my observation, Eastern Europeans seem to assimilate relatively quickly. Yes, they keep their culture. Not too far away from where I used to live there was a Greek, Romanian, Serbian and Russian churches. Most of the people there were self sufficient. Most if not all did have kids but most if not all had incomes to support said kids. I also saw many people from Africa and Middle East who were just as decent. I have a friend from Iraq - she has PhD and she teaches at a college.

What I have seen in the last 5 years is something different. Our government has created breeder friendly programs and we have people from just about any kind of a background who birth a kid after a kid and the gravy train of welfare never stops. These are not all immigrants, but that's not the important point. As long as we have our government dole out the money to those who don't work, we will continue to have these issues.
August 13, 2015
Here is some more food for thought. I am white. Here is North America, us, white folks, we are not native to this continent. Every one of us can trace their roots back to Europe. In a way, we are all immigrants. What made this area do well was that all who came here had to work. I think we need more of Libertarian Party representation in our government to fix some of the issues that we have. It does not matter who comes from where, people can get help to settle if needed. But there needs to be some kind of a time limit for such help and there should not be extra money given to people to breed.

If the nonstop gravy train gets an assigned final stop, I suspect that human smugglers will loose their business.

ETA: As far as someone looking for a better life, I will be the first one to support it. I am going to use a job as an example. Let's say I am in a job and I see that a company a few miles away has better opportunities and better pay. I am going to go apply there and I am going to see if they will hire me. But here is the thing. The new company will want to know what am I bringing to the table. They will want to know how will I contribute to their bottom line. If and when I am hired, I will be expected to be a good addition to the company. I have no right to just barge into that company, have a seat, do nothing and get paid because I am me. It does not work like that.

Immigration used to be similar. It is not like that now. I am in support of immigration because immigration creates global competition for talent. Country that offers the best conditions for the best talent will prosper. Countries that refuse to pay for good talent will fall behind and will have to be more competitive or they will lose more talent. Life on earth can improve if the immigration system is implemented the way it was supposed to.

For those who don't know, I am not a Republican or Democrat. I am a Libertarian. I believe that free market can be the answer but right now, the market is not free.
August 13, 2015
For the record, I'm totally against the system that gives priority to people who have children. That pretty much encourages people to have them. Having a child should not give you a greater right to stay or more assistance than not having a child.

I don't dispute that the system is broken, I only say that I can understand people's motives, and as long as there is an imbalance, with some countries being significantly nicer to live in than tohers, people will try to better their situation. It is just what all animals do.

I don't think that people who have failed to adapt to the country and its values should be allowed to obtain citizenship. Of course it is tricky to say what the country's values are, but I am also not interested in seeing women's rights degraded and religious influence increased.
August 13, 2015
yurble
For the record, I'm totally against the system that gives priority to people who have children. That pretty much encourages people to have them. Having a child should not give you a greater right to stay or more assistance than not having a child.

I don't dispute that the system is broken, I only say that I can understand people's motives, and as long as there is an imbalance, people will try to better their situation. It is just what all animals do.

I think most of us will agree with that. Like I said, if I see a company down the street offering better pay, it is very likely that I am going to investigate and see if I can work there.

As far as fixing broken system, that is where opinions will vary greatly from person to person and that is why I think the system is not yet repaired. Some of the free market is still at work here, or at least I think it is. If someone told me I can go work at a different workplace and be guaranteed a job with income, no matter what I do, I too would try to see if that is true. Some people come and use what is free - to them, they have 2 choices. Sit where they are and get zero or come to USA and be paid to do nothing and have a chance to do even better. Human nature will dictate the choice. What is broken is the system that encourages such behavior. I think we can agree that people are not the root cause here. The legal system is.
August 13, 2015
yurble

That is also the main thing i'm against, i don't care about race, color or nationality. Because it doesn't matter where you are from, in the end it will get to cases like Noora, nobody gives a shit about you because you don't have kids. And also in the case of refugees, i'm sure that the ones with kids are always given priority. I don't agree with breeding incentives for any purpose, be it refugees or encouraging the locals because we need more white baybeessmile rolling left righteyes2

About immigration, of course i support it, i'm an immigrant myself and since i moved here i've met people of so many nationalities and made really good friendships. I don't have a problem with people of any nationality, it's the extremists i don't like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login