TV's subliminal influence on women's perception of pregnancy and birth
August 23, 2015
Some women learn about the reality of childbirth from reality TV shows along with other resources. Other women do not as they know it is all staged.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/08/150822154852.htm

No mention of learning about the reality of romance based on fairy tales, expect that shortly.
TV is garbage and it's no coincidence that as the internet offers better options, people are "cutting the cord" with their cable/satellite providers.

freya
No mention of learning about the reality of romance based on fairy tales, expect that shortly.

Guys fall for that crap, too. Look no further than the DeBeers campaign to connect diamonds with engagements. It started what, 80 years ago? And now, it's a social norm. It's like a tradition or a rite of passage for a guy to spend far more than he can afford on a shiny, useless rock.
I love my shiny useless rock....LOL Never made me want to have baybees though.
starlady

That's fine, I'm just pointing out that this became a social norm not due to anything virtuous, but rather because of an advertisement campaign.

Now a decade or two from now, I could see the purchase of cell phones for kydz each and every Christmas becoming a new social norm.
Re: TV's subliminal influence on women's perception of pregnancy and birth
August 23, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
Guys fall for that crap, too. Look no further than the DeBeers campaign to connect diamonds with engagements. It started what, 80 years ago? And now, it's a social norm. It's like a tradition or a rite of passage for a guy to spend far more than he can afford on a shiny, useless rock.

Definitely true. I did watch a documentary on DeBeers and as of a few years ago they are no longer the same monopoly they once were. I don't understand connecting diamonds with engagements (spending three months salary seems to be some sort of benchmark) anymore than going broke or taking out loans to pay for a wedding. There are people who can afford both and plenty who can afford neither. And a bunch of couples are probably still trying to pay for their engagement rings and weddings and are expecting a loaf.
August 23, 2015
starlady

Your ring is a bargain compared to the cost of raising a child, unless it costs over .5 million.
freya
Some women learn about the reality of childbirth from reality TV shows along with other resources. Other women do not as they know it is all staged.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/08/150822154852.htm

Television is the idiot box. I jumped off, went internet only several months ago and haven't looked back. I save $$ and can now choose my content.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 24, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
TV is garbage and it's no coincidence that as the internet offers better options, people are "cutting the cord" with their cable/satellite providers.

freya

Guys come from breeder minded homes just like women do. Some will spend all kinds of money because they think it is necessary to maintain a relationship. With some women, it is. Many guys are too dumb and too brainwashed to realize that they can live by themselves and not spend all that money to maintain someone who will choose the next highest bidder that comes along.
Techie

Guys come from breeder minded homes just like women do. Some will spend all kinds of money because they think it is necessary to maintain a relationship. With some women, it is. Many guys are too dumb and too brainwashed to realize that they can live by themselves and not spend all that money to maintain someone who will choose the next highest bidder that comes along.

And yet I remain shocked that so many guys cave into these stupid demands. I know many an Average Joe who spent the traditional "two months salary" on an engagement ring. And they vociferously defend their idiocy to me with moronic cliches such as, "Diamonds are a woman's best friend. You gotta buy them for women to like you." WTF?!? Do you really want to be married to someone who places enormous value on objects, specifically objects with very little practical value?

And these guys can be classified as "working class," meaning that they are now on the 10-year payment financing plan for a piece of jewelry in addition to still renting a meager apartment instead of owning a home or at least saving some of their money.

I've been very clear in that I don't care how people spend their money, but this kind of profligate spending feeds into the notion that you are "young and broke" so it's okay to have gift grab after gift grab, and everyone else in "the village" should be contributing.
Well, my actuall engagement ring cost less than my gown... and my gown cost less than it would cost to even walk into one of those 'say yes to the dress' venues.. My wedding? Cost less than most of today's engagement rings for these spoiled bratt brides. didn't get my 'nice' diamond till I was married 20 years and we had a vow renewal.. that still didn't cost what it costs now to send a kyd to elementry school for half a year. LOL!

Seriously.. the money these people pay for rings and weddings is just ridiculous. Sometimes on a boring afternoon I stumble on one of these 'bride' shows on TBS. Last week some bride was spending 100K on her wedding. Same day some idiot paid 35K on a gown on another show. CRAP! I think what I could do with that money that is (in my opinion) thrown away. A person can have a very nice wedding on a much lower budget. My friend had to take a second mortgage on her house for her daughter's wedding 20 years ago... and she's still paying it.

No.. my rock is very nice.. but very modest and practical. Won't blind pilots as they fly over or anything. LOL
starlady
Well, my actuall engagement ring cost less than my gown... and my gown cost less than it would cost to even walk into one of those 'say yes to the dress' venues.. My wedding? Cost less than most of today's engagement rings for these spoiled bratt brides. didn't get my 'nice' diamond till I was married 20 years and we had a vow renewal.. that still didn't cost what it costs now to send a kyd to elementry school for half a year. LOL!

Seriously.. the money these people pay for rings and weddings is just ridiculous. Sometimes on a boring afternoon I stumble on one of these 'bride' shows on TBS. Last week some bride was spending 100K on her wedding. Same day some idiot paid 35K on a gown on another show. CRAP! I think what I could do with that money that is (in my opinion) thrown away. A person can have a very nice wedding on a much lower budget. My friend had to take a second mortgage on her house for her daughter's wedding 20 years ago... and she's still paying it.

No.. my rock is very nice.. but very modest and practical. Won't blind pilots as they fly over or anything. LOL

I don't care what people want to spend or what they choose to spend their money on. I and my significant other are just becoming very fatigued with the "make sure you cover the cost of your plate!" gift expectations for the engagement party, bridal shower, baby shower, bachelor party, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, wedding, ... and now 'sprinkles' are en vogue, too. We're moving in the direction of opting out of more and more of these events.

If we're close with the people, it's not quite as bad. But so many of these involve people we don't see or hear from UNLESS they're inviting us to an event in which we must bring a gift. I say fuck it, we are done with that shit.
'Sprinkles' ?????
starlady
'Sprinkles' ?????

Yep. Very popular way to shake people down for money, especially in the workplace.

The ladies who are on child #2, 3, 4... they don't get a shower, they get a 'sprinkle.' It ensures that they receive proper udder rubs and a never ending cavalcade of coworkers bringing gifts.
StudioFiftyFour
starlady
'Sprinkles' ?????

Yep. Very popular way to shake people down for money, especially in the workplace.

The ladies who are on child #2, 3, 4... they don't get a shower, they get a 'sprinkle.' It ensures that they receive proper udder rubs and a never ending cavalcade of coworkers bringing gifts.

Skrew that crap. :eyebrows
August 24, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
Techie

And yet I remain shocked that so many guys cave into these stupid demands. I know many an Average Joe who spent the traditional "two months salary" on an engagement ring. And they vociferously defend their idiocy to me with moronic cliches such as, "Diamonds are a woman's best friend. You gotta buy them for women to like you." WTF?!? Do you really want to be married to someone who places enormous value on objects, specifically objects with very little practical value?

And these guys can be classified as "working class," meaning that they are now on the 10-year payment financing plan for a piece of jewelry in addition to still renting a meager apartment instead of owning a home or at least saving some of their money.

I've been very clear in that I don't care how people spend their money, but this kind of profligate spending feeds into the notion that you are "young and broke" so it's okay to have gift grab after gift grab, and everyone else in "the village" should be contributing.

Average Joe who spends 2 months worth salary on engagement ring is a closed minded puppet who was well trained by his ignorant mother and an idiot father who used $$$ to keep his wife unsuspecting while he was cum dumping into his mistress. This average Joe will be paying the 22% APR jewelry store loan back long after his "love" has left the relationship and birthed the kid from some other dude that average Joe is still paying for.

Love and marriage? Really? Who the fuck are we kidding? Maybe we need to take a look at Ashley Madison heck. Lots of Bible Belt marriage promoters on there. Priests, politicians, pro liars - all on there. Isn't it great?
August 24, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
starlady
'Sprinkles' ?????

I give nothing, I pay nothing. There are people out there who are in true need of help. I would rather help them. Breeder brainwashing does not apply to me - I don't buy it.
Techie
I give nothing, I pay nothing. There are people out there who are in true need of help. I would rather help them. Breeder brainwashing does not apply to me - I don't buy it.

Easy to say when you've got a couple of decades in the workforce and a solid performance record. Not an easy position to take for a young worker who is being harassed and intimidated to contribute by workplace moms.
August 24, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
Techie

Easy to say when you've got a couple of decades in the workforce and a solid performance record. Not an easy position to take for a young worker who is being harassed and intimidated to contribute by workplace moms.

Lie, deceive, misrepresent or mislead. Do what one has to do to avoid it. When one starts a job, speak not of personal life, volunteer no information, sidestep and skirt off personal questions. Those who say the least, they pay the least.
ellen peck, the baby trap. end of story

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Techie
StudioFiftyFour

Lie, deceive, misrepresent or mislead. Do what one has to do to avoid it. When one starts a job, speak not of personal life, volunteer no information, sidestep and skirt off personal questions. Those who say the least, they pay the least.

Depends on the environment, and it's easier said than done. When you're 22 years old and brand new in a job, and they start "passing the hat" for whatever the shower du jour is, are you really going to say "no" with the boss watching?

If so, that's great. But most people won't out of sheer fear.
August 24, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
Depends on the environment, and it's easier said than done. When you're 22 years old and brand new in a job, and they start "passing the hat" for whatever the shower du jour is, are you really going to say "no" with the boss watching?

If so, that's great. But most people won't out of sheer fear.

Yeah, when I was 22, I worked in a place where it was mostly men over there. It was funny because back then if a guy showed up to work and announced that his GF was in-pig, majority of people would say: "Oh shit, you are so fucked!". Back then, getting someone knocked up was almost always an accident. Then a few years passed and the median age became 26.5 in that workplace and one could easily tell which men had no balls of any kind at all. Most of them bred because their GFs or wives told them to and these BOYS did not know how to say no. I remember vividly how scared these fools were once their winch cracked the whip and said either a bay-bee or she is leaving. When I would tell them to kick that winch to the curb, their eyes would get twice the size, either out of confusion or fear. In any case, when someone had a kid, we would pass around and sign a condolence card. We were sorry about their loss, the life they lost was their own. Some truth was spoken in a male dominated workplace back then.
August 24, 2015
starlady

Tell your SO that they won PowerBall, because you are as rare as those 6 winning numbers.
August 24, 2015
StudioFiftyFour

Really scary. I don't even want to think about the very high interest rate paid on the ring. Or the fact that the average marriage lasts 7 years and some may be paying off a ring after they are divorced plus the added bonus of child support and potentially alimony.
August 24, 2015
starlady
Same day some idiot paid 35K on a gown on another show.

I cannot even fathom this. I'd have to have millions in the bank, all my relatives and friends living very comfortably before I could even consider this. 35K could change more than a few of the lives of those close to me.

I really hope she is insanely wealthy to spend that amount of money on a dress worn one time.
August 24, 2015
I wanted to elaborate a little more on a few things.
StudioFiftyFour
And yet I remain shocked that so many guys cave into these stupid demands.

I am not. Brainwashing is a very powerful thing. Doing research and trying to figure out what is going on involves turning off the sports channel, putting beer back into the fridge and stopping to eat chips because pieces fall into the computer keyboard. Knowing that computer can do more than just display swim suit model pictures requires at least somewhat of an open mind. Many men are not capable of such.

StudioFiftyFour
I know many an Average Joe who spent the traditional "two months salary" on an engagement ring.

They spend even more on a wedding and wait until they meet their SO in a divorce court - that will make all the previous expenses look like a joke.

StudioFiftyFour
And they vociferously defend their idiocy to me with moronic cliches such as, "Diamonds are a woman's best friend.

Stupidity knows no limit. Justification of idiocy is not uncommon.

StudioFiftyFour
You gotta buy them for women to like you." WTF?!? Do you really want to be married to someone who places enormous value on objects, specifically objects with very little practical value?

Do you really think these men know any different? Their mom was probably a bridezilla and their dad a big pussy who was her whipping boy.
Sometimes marriage equates to a form of very expensive prostitution. That happens because men who are in such marriages think it is the only way it can be.
Men fail to remember, there would be no bridezilla or a nasty breeder wife if only they, the men, had the balls to walk away. Men can bitch all that they want, but they allow ALL of this shit to start and go on. I say have some balls and stand up to bridezilla. If she leaves, good riddance. It would be like getting an exit ramp from a highway to hell.

StudioFiftyFour

Brainwashing is a powerful thing. Our TVs do a very good job at it. Sure, they will own homes, bought with subprime mortgage, no money down and a variable rate. They also become stressed out alcoholics and develop health issues when they realize they did not need all that shit to begin with and they could have prevented all of it.

StudioFiftyFour

I have helped people before - big time. But, that was my choice to help. Coming to me and asking for help when I see that they are a breeder - if they can afford to breed, they can afford to buy their own stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login