Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aaaand she misses again! (Prudie and pools)

Posted by Dorisan 
Aaaand she misses again! (Prudie and pools)
September 28, 2015
Bitch is on a roll! confused smiley

She starts out sensibly, advising the owner of a pool that suffers constant trespass from a pack of ill-guided brats, but winds up laying a big turd. Which, considering it's "three young children" who have repeatedly broken in to use it, the pool probably has been fouled.

ETA: considering that the parents know their brats are breaking in and swimming, I'm thinking they hope for a triple PNA that ends up with them getting a big payout.

Q. Pool Problem: My neighbors have three young children who sneak in to use my pool. None of them are tall enough to open the pool gate so they drag an outdoor furniture over to unlatch it. Aside from the nuisance of finding them in my pool after coming home I am terrified one of them might drown and I get sued. I have talked to the parents and they say they will stop the kids from coming over, yet evidently they are not doing enough. I don’t want to see things escalate where I call the cops or get lawyers involved. How do I get them to stop using my pool?

A: You are absolutely right to be scared. And what is wrong with these parents? If they have small children who are surreptitiously using a neighbor’s pool, they should be scared out of their minds. Since the parents are being so irresponsible, you need to invest in technology to keep the kids, and you, safe. Get a serious lock for the gate, and get an alarm for the pool that sounds when an unauthorized body enters it. Since you’ve spoken kindly to the parents and they haven’t stopped this, I think a letter from a lawyer would be worthwhile. It does not have to take a hostile tone, it just has to lay out the extreme danger that is presented when children enter a pool uninvited. Speaking of which, if you do like these people, and you wouldn’t mind doing so, you can perhaps open your pool, say, once a month for these neighbor children—and their supervising parents!—so that your oasis is less of an enticing taboo.
Re: Aaaand she misses again! (Prudie and pools)
September 28, 2015
No, don't open the fuckin' pool to the neighborhood brats! They'll be breaking in to swim even more often. Plus, the parents will use this against the property owner. "Well, you SAID they could come over and swim!" And said breeders don't give a shit because the kids trespassing and using the neighbor's pool means they aren't at home bothering Mommy and/or Daddy. That pool is free babysitting, so of course they aren't gonna try real hard to keep the kids out of it.

Do they even make motion sensor alarms for pools? And to be honest, would it make any difference if the homeowner isn't home to tell the brats to get out? A pool alarm could just as easily be like a car alarm, which are seen as noisy nuisances more than indicators of crime. I would also say to invest in a good lock and hope the fuckers don't figure out how to climb over the gate around the pool. Also, yes, speak to a lawyer. Have said lawyer tell the idiot parents to keep their fucking brats out of her yard. I might also suggest reporting the breeder neighbors to the police or CPS, saying that they let their kids trespass and swim in the pool without permission, so obviously said neighbors are neglecting their kids by allowing them to swim unsupervised and on someone else's property.

No one should have to go to these lengths just to be able to own and enjoy a pool without constantly worrying about kids drowning in it. Normally, I'd just say let their asses drown - that'll teach the rotten little fuckers to trespass. But, alas, then the negligent breeders will sue; obviously the neighbor is to blame for the kids' deaths because they had the audacity to own a pool, a.k.a. typical victim blaming that breeders are so fond of doing.
September 28, 2015
Dorisan

Speaking of which, if you do like these people, and you wouldn’t mind doing so, you can perhaps open your pool, say, once a month for these neighbor children—and their supervising parents!—so that your oasis is less of an enticing taboo.

Abso-lutely-fucking-not! I still live at home (I'm 19) for the time, and when my parents went on their 4 month trip duh told the neighbor's kids they could use the pool. My mom and I were against it, but duh wanted to be nice. Duh told the two boys they could come over with supervision. It was not said that they could invite people or come alone. They not even ONCE came with their parents, and several times there were two or three other kids in the pool. A few times the brat's parents were in the pool. arrow pointing downomit Just what I want, to look out the window and see the fat neighbors, duh topless and moo in a bikini. They also fucked with my venus flytrap, setting off the traps with a towel. I left a note telling them not to fuck with it, and I heard them get pissy about it the next time they were in the pool.

Yes, I told my mom about it, and yes, she put a stop to this bullshit. But do not under ANY circumstances, open your pool to neighbors. If you give them an inch they will take a mile, and extend the invitation to their moo, duh, and the neighborhood hoodlums.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
September 29, 2015
To build on what Cambion suggested: have the lawyer put it in WRITING that the parents and their kids are not welcome. She could have it sent via registered mail if she wants. Or just tape it to the front door and take a picture of that for proof.

The substantial lock for the gate is a good idea. I would also add a locking pool cover, one of the rigid ones. Those are annoying to take on and off, but I bet her pool isn't too huge.

So sad that she has to resort to this just to enjoy her own pool and not have random trespassers treating it as their own personal water park.
September 29, 2015
WTF? Is Prudie channeling Peggy Hill for the worst advice ever?

"Sure, let the kids pop over for a swim. I was just about to give it a super cleaning by mixing bleach and ammonia. Ho yeah!"
September 29, 2015
Is Prudie high?

These idiots have been using the pool WITHOUT PERMISSION. People like this need a clear message: Don't use my pool, ever. That means lawyers, certified letters, etc. Inviting them over just makes them think they can keep doing it.

This is a liability nightmare. They need to draw the line in the sand in case these kids drown. You can bet Mummy and Duddy will try to sue.

As an aside, about 20 years ago I had a friend who was married to a lawyer. He represented the family of a chyyyyld against a swim club. The brat was maybe like 10 or 11 and he SCALED A SIX FOOT FENCE to gain access to a pool area. It was after pool season and there was a tarp on the pool and Bratley fell in the pool and drowned.

The family got a TWO MILLION DOLLAR settlement. thumbs down Sleazy ass lawyers.
September 29, 2015
She lost me at open the pool up once a month to these neighbors. It's his pool therefore his decision who gets to use it and who doesn't. There have been some issues with thefts in my neighborhood so we put up better lights and cameras, and I think the same principle applies here. He should get better security if he's having problems with trespassing which is what this is. It's unfortunate he has to do this, but that's what our world is turning into.

When I was growing up, I was taught you don't go in anyone's yard, house, or on their property without permission of whoever lives there, and you don't damage other people's property. That kind of respect was dying out when I was growing up, but it looks like it's completely gone now. It's like if something isn't locked up or tied down, it isn't going to be yours for very long.
September 29, 2015
Cambion
Do they even make motion sensor alarms for pools? And to be honest, would it make any difference if the homeowner isn't home to tell the brats to get out? A pool alarm could just as easily be like a car alarm, which are seen as noisy nuisances more than indicators of crime. I would also say to invest in a good lock and hope the fuckers don't figure out how to climb over the gate around the pool. Also, yes, speak to a lawyer. Have said lawyer tell the idiot parents to keep their fucking brats out of her yard. I might also suggest reporting the breeder neighbors to the police or CPS, saying that they let their kids trespass and swim in the pool without permission, so obviously said neighbors are neglecting their kids by allowing them to swim unsupervised and on someone else's property.

Yes there are motion sensors for pools now. I saw this home improvement show once in which they showed pool security devices and it was pretty ridiculous. They had a special lock on the door going outside to the pool area, an alarm on that door, along with a spring on the door to close it automatically. The pool had a big fence around it with some other sort of lock on the gate, and they had a motion alarm for if anyone got into the pool. In some places, all of this security is required by law to have a pool. I grew up in a house with an in ground pool and all we had was a fence around the yard and we never had any problems. These days, both the yard and the pool have to be fenced and locked. I honestly wonder why anyone puts in a pool anymore since it sounds like so much of a hassle these days.
September 29, 2015
Seems mild for Pru: "if you like the neighbors, blah blah." I expected her to chastise the owner for having a pool and not letting the poor neighbor children play in it. She often likes to demand that adults have some sort of obligation to any child they might come across.
September 29, 2015
JohnDrake
Cambion

Yes there are motion sensors for pools now. I saw this home improvement show once in which they showed pool security devices and it was pretty ridiculous. They had a special lock on the door going outside to the pool area, an alarm on that door, along with a spring on the door to close it automatically. The pool had a big fence around it with some other sort of lock on the gate, and they had a motion alarm for if anyone got into the pool. In some places, all of this security is required by law to have a pool. I grew up in a house with an in ground pool and all we had was a fence around the yard and we never had any problems. These days, both the yard and the pool have to be fenced and locked. I honestly wonder why anyone puts in a pool anymore since it sounds like so much of a hassle these days.

You bet it's too much of a hassle. The law defines pools on your property as an "attractive nuisance," which means children can't be blamed for using it without permission. If a kid drowns in your pool, you have TOTAL liability. The parents can sue your ass off and bear NO blame for letting their kid go off unattended. I had a pool in my backyard too when I was a kid. There were no problems then, but NO WAY would I have one now.

What the law is saying is, parents can't be expected to guard their kids 24/7, but WE are expected to guard their kids 24/7. Let's hear it for Charles Dickens: "The law is a ass."
September 29, 2015
Aren't there autards who manage to get past all defenses in order to drown themselves?
September 29, 2015
Invite the kids over to use the pool?

Maybe after that she can hand out dollar bills to muggers, because it's the same thing. The hellions used the pool despite it being locked and them being told not to, and she should invite them over?
September 29, 2015
Start an official paper trail with lawyers and law enforcement and then go on a campaign to humiliate and terrify the trespassing neighbors. Alarms that will wake up an entire neighborhood and send all the dogs into a barking frenzy, complete with floodlights that a blind man could see. Even better if the alarms are joined with a home security system that will alert the cops. There's also asking the cops to play along and put the fear of God into the trespassers.

Maybe after a couple of instances where everything turns into a big circus and the kids are left crying and scared that they'll be arrested and the parents slapped with fines (and a bill of the costs of cleaning the pool, having to purchase and set the alarms because of their disrespect for others' property, etc.), they might get the hint.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 29, 2015
bell_flower
Is Prudie high?

Prudie's theme song
September 29, 2015
Put a cover over the pool (keeps crap besides kids out anyway)
Report the little bastards for trespassing every time
Post no trespassing all over the place
Maybe the furniture used to climb over could "disappear"
Get the lawyer for sure
September 30, 2015
This pool stuff seems like win-win for breeders.

If Bratlina and Snotleigh go swimming and survive, mombie and dadbot have free afternoon.
If Bratlina and Snotleigh go swimming and drown, mombie and dadbot will be famous
and get $$$$.
September 30, 2015
Next time the kids come over if they come over and they're not supervised and you know that...... break something.
It doesn't have to be anything expensive maybe a potted plant or something of that nature but just break it.
Then show the crotchling's handlers a bill, tell them what happened and they probably won't pay it and not make a big fuss.
Then announce your "no kids, no trespassing or I'll call my lawyer" story.
Make sure any correspondence by your lawyer is also CC'd to your insurance company.
You may not be able to cover your pool but you can certainly cover your ass.
September 30, 2015
bell_flower
Is Prudie high?

These idiots have been using the pool WITHOUT PERMISSION. People like this need a clear message: Don't use my pool, ever. That means lawyers, certified letters, etc. Inviting them over just makes them think they can keep doing it.

This is a liability nightmare. They need to draw the line in the sand in case these kids drown. You can bet Mummy and Duddy will try to sue.

As an aside, about 20 years ago I had a friend who was married to a lawyer. He represented the family of a chyyyyld against a swim club. The brat was maybe like 10 or 11 and he SCALED A SIX FOOT FENCE to gain access to a pool area. It was after pool season and there was a tarp on the pool and Bratley fell in the pool and drowned.

The family got a TWO MILLION DOLLAR settlement. thumbs down Sleazy ass lawyers.

angry smileyangry smiley SERIOUSLY?! This shit makes my head explode.

Evan Davis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login